FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gmail Chat? New feature

saiko
Wow! Not sure what I think about this yet, but I like the idea. A lot of the people I email have gmail accounts, so talking would technically be easier and faster, especially within the gmail interface.

What does everyone thing about this?

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/chat.html

J2EP!
WebSiteGuru
I just saw that when I log on to my GMail account yesterday. I think it is a good idea. I like it very much. I think I might start using it along with the YIM that I am using right now. I had used many other IM but I dont like most of them. The reason that I do use YIM because most of the people I deal with was already using it. Since it is in the beta test stage and just started. I might just try them out.
raver
google = evil;
google = no privacy;
google = next world leader;
solution = none;
Insanity
Hey, Google hasn't done anything shockingly evil yet, so I'm still good.
broken2144
It's funny. They advertise Google Talk on this page, then tell you they added this to GMail so you don't have to download it.

--RF
adwya
>

thnxs
ABurja
Its nice to see how they integrated Mail and IM. I'm using MSN and it would save me some trouble by having easier access to my mail while chatting. But I still feel MSN is the superior IM client. I've always found it to be complete, but with each version they keep improving it.
Dezrok
raver wrote:
google = evil;
google = no privacy;
solution = none;

If there's no solution, why worry about it? Laughing
Animal
raver wrote:
google = evil;
google = no privacy;
solution = none;

It's funny how guys like you call Google evil.

When Google first started, they were great - the best thing ever on the web. Then they started going into software - great! Better software then Microsoft, so they're doubly-cool... taking on Bill Gates.

Then, Google release one-too-many bits of software and all of a sudden they're taking over the world and they're as bad as Microsoft.

raver wrote:
google = no privacy

Actually... you'd be surprised. The US Government demanded that all search engines hand over data about what people search for "so they could understand how criminals work". Sure. Google were the only search engine to refuse to give the US Governent the data - there was no legal standpoint.

Don't believe me?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4630694.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4662280.stm

Google may have some questionable processes in place, but on the whole, I think they're good for the average computer user. Their support in Open Source software is amazing - they invest heavily in Firefox and they're also developing a version of Linux called Goobuntu (a modded version of Ubuntu). They also have ties with VLC Media Player and provide loads of other free software, for instance Google Suite. So really think about it before you start calling them "Evil" - they might just take over the world some day and you'd really regret putting stuff like that on the internet Laughing
[FuN]goku
/me doesnt use google chat
manumiglani
Animal wrote:
raver wrote:
google = evil;
google = no privacy;
solution = none;

It's funny how guys like you call Google evil.

When Google first started, they were great - the best thing ever on the web. Then they started going into software - great! Better software then Microsoft, so they're doubly-cool... taking on Bill Gates.

Then, Google release one-too-many bits of software and all of a sudden they're taking over the world and they're as bad as Microsoft.

raver wrote:
google = no privacy

Actually... you'd be surprised. The US Government demanded that all search engines hand over data about what people search for "so they could understand how criminals work". Sure. Google were the only search engine to refuse to give the US Governent the data - there was no legal standpoint.

Don't believe me?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4630694.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4662280.stm

Google may have some questionable processes in place, but on the whole, I think they're good for the average computer user. Their support in Open Source software is amazing - they invest heavily in Firefox and they're also developing a version of Linux called Goobuntu (a modded version of Ubuntu). They also have ties with VLC Media Player and provide loads of other free software, for instance Google Suite. So really think about it before you start calling them "Evil" - they might just take over the world some day and you'd really regret putting stuff like that on the internet Laughing

they are not bad unless they can read our emails and start playing with the privacy of its users. i dont think microsoft do that. do they ?
I think the us government has access to all what google has. that is just a drama by us government and google to show that they are not interlinked.
They are supporting open source softwares just to wipe out BILL GATES out of market. they are only investing in firefox just to beat IE. if they are making a linux distro, they are only making it to take on windows. they are not supporting anything or investing in anything, they are only selfish and want to be world leader.
kutegoddezz
i love using gmail chat i talk to my mom on it it's so easy to use and now it has a feature where it saves your conversations just like aim logs so it's really conveinent organized and easy to use i love it more people should use it