FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Accessing Direct Admin With Aol

smokey4life
There is a few places that i must use Aol to access my direct admin, however when i try to access it, it only refreshes the page. I have made a previous post about this and the problem was resolved but i believe you guys purged your boards recently and i cant find it anymore. Anyways it wasnt a problem with my firewall or anything of that sort, someone pointed out that aol users have had problems accessing it and gave me another link. Anyone have any idea?
n0xvb
smokey4life wrote:
There is a few places that i must use Aol to access my direct admin, however when i try to access it, it only refreshes the page. I have made a previous post about this and the problem was resolved but i believe you guys purged your boards recently and i cant find it anymore. Anyways it wasnt a problem with my firewall or anything of that sort, someone pointed out that aol users have had problems accessing it and gave me another link. Anyone have any idea?

I'm not sure if there's a fix, but the reason you are having problems is the way AOL uses its proxies. Every time you request information from the Internet (including FRIH) you could have a different IP address. The security built into DA (as well as phpBB and others) will trap an IP address change as an attempt to hijack your session and not allow you to do anything else. (Actually for me at work it will cause me to get the DA login page over and over and over which is about the most irritating thing possible Evil or Very Mad )

The only wan I can think of getting around this is to use one of the "anonymous user" web sites. It will act as a proxy but will make it look like you have one IP address.
Loathing in Fear
1. Download Firefox
2. go to: "Extra"
3. Click on "options..."
4. Go to something called: "Network Configuration" or something like that (it's at the first tap, somewhere in the middle)
5. Switch the 3rd radio button on, and with: "No Proxy" add: ",frih.net"

It should work now (if it doesn't, wait a few minutes)
I also had the same problem Wink and with me it works fine now
smokey4life
hmm.. see someone gave me a link that worked with aol before, but oh well. As far as using firefox? Id rather just use IE Wink