FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

game vs game question?

picsite
So it's a question I'm begging to ask everyone (sorry if it's been raised before).

The films for these 2 didn't come out at the same time, but at different times, hinting that they are afraid to see who would get a bigger audience, I think people prefer it IF the films come out at different times anyway, that way you can get your head around one of them before going to see the other.

The books, even better, I've never really favoured the Tolkien book, but JK Rowling's books..wow. Harry Potter fanatic, I'm always reading them, I can't help it

What's YOUR take anyway? HP or LOTR? Who would win in the long run and why?
Frag
Lord of the rings hands down, HP is a great piece of writing, but it cant top the epic of LOTR.
root
I agree with Frag. Harry Potter is well written but can't compete with LOTR
rip8fan1
If I'm not mistaken the first LOTR movie and a HP movie came out about the same time, and LOTR won that battle. Then they decided to move the HP movies, because they did not want to compete!

IF you are talking the entire experience (movies, books, merchandising, etc.), then LOTR wins because it is more epic, and it has been around a lot longer.

If you just talk books, I think HP would win, because they are easier to read, and aimed at 'kids'.

In 50 years, I believe LOTR will still be around, and still read, and talked about, while HP may not be!
Kelcey
I agree. I choose LOTR by far.