FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ScrollBars

burningjacks
ok, i have all kinds of different ways to change scroll colors...in CSS and JavaScript...but does anyone know how to change the scrollbar image completely...like use an image for it to make your site look a little more interesting? ive seen it done somewhere...but im not sure where. can someone help me on this? thanks
phileplanet
burningjacks wrote:
ok, i have all kinds of different ways to change scroll colors...in CSS and JavaScript...but does anyone know how to change the scrollbar image completely...like use an image for it to make your site look a little more interesting? ive seen it done somewhere...but im not sure where. can someone help me on this? thanks

As far as I know, this is not something that can be done. I personally would not change the colour/image since it will only be visible in Internet Explorer. Plus you'd be messing up the appearance of the person's browser which is not something that they are used to. Alternatively, You could put an image right next to the scroll bar.
polarBear
you can always fake a scrollbar and assign it behaviours on js, but it is certainly a pain in the *ss