FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

(Music) Video Codes Sites & Using Them Illegal ?

pacslim
(Music) Video Codes Sites And Using Em Illegal ?

I bet you saw these sites they provide codes to play (music) video streams on ur page/site/myspace/ect... embedded in it or playing in a pop up player.

Well now question is are these sites illigal sum say no, because they just provide codes to link videos not store/host em, but isnt this a form of hotlinking and isnt that forbidden ?

Because also mostly these kinda music video codes pages/sites use videos from yahoo is this illegal ?

I wonder about this all how this is arranged and how ur allowed to play music videos on your website legally, please share ur thoughts about this in here as a reply, Thanks to all who do allready Wink Arrow
gonzo
the idea with embedded objects is that the average user hasn't a clue about stream capturing (until now?) Wink

It's about time for the pendulum to swing the other way... draconian licensing is just silly especially for music broadcasted unencrypted over radio or satellite
pacslim
gonzo wrote:
the idea with embedded objects is that the average user hasn't a clue about stream capturing (until now?) Wink

It's about time for the pendulum to swing the other way... draconian licensing is just silly especially for music broadcasted unencrypted over radio or satellite

well im more then an average user but my question is is it iligal to use these codes to play music videoclips on ur website? also ps explain the following term because for that i am to normal i guess: draconian licensing???? what does that mean ?????

thanks for replying .... Wink Arrow
bassgs_17
hotlinking is bad unless it is to your site. Stealing others bandwidth is evil, moreso than even myself.
-Aquastrike
gonzo
hotlinking isn't forbidden. it is, however, rude. It's also easy to deter with a properly contructed .htaccess Wink

I can't speak to the legality without more specifics.
XeononyX
Let's rehash this subject.. I would love to hear an official response from a moderator or Bondings himself.

Can we use video codes on frihost pages? Their not being hotlinked because I follow the code given to me from the website I recieved them from and add their 'control panel' on the page. Including their website address.

To me it appears to be a legal procedure, and I do not have to host them on my frihost account.

here's the page in question: http://xeononyx.frihost.net/Rammstein

if this is a problem ... I can eliminate it ... I just want an official response from the frihost powers above to tell me if its okay or not.