FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How come we can change our sub-domains thru DA on S2 now?

hack_man_
Why is it that since the server reset I am able to change my sub-domain name in DirectAdmin? Is this going to be permanent or were you going to switch that feature off again once the server was up and running properly again?
wumingsden
hack_man_ wrote:
Why is it that since the server reset I am able to change my sub-domain name in DirectAdmin? Is this going to be permanent or were you going to switch that feature off again once the server was up and running properly again?

This feature has always been enabled (or at least it has for me anyways). It is not clear wether or not you can create your own sub-domain or edit/change any thing about your domain without permission. It took me about 5 seconds to change my domain but then read that your not allowed to do it yourself. Because of this I reversed the changes that I did and posted in the "request an account change" forum. I have currently been waiting more than two days which is a shame compared to how long it took me. Sad Personally I think Bondings should create a Support Group so people don;t have to wait until somebody notices their posts. A good thing about this is that he could set regsitered users to moderators in only certain forums so I'm hoping that he sees this post.
mathiaus
Bondings is currently away so he won't be able to help you untill he gets back. your best bet is to ask the mod who created your account to change it for you. If that was Bondings then you'll have to wait sorry.

About the domain change, it has always been there. I believe that you shouldn't change it yourself but request the change in the requests forum. This is so we can keep track of who has which domain etc.
From this post ( http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-202796.html#202796 ) I gather that if after you originally requested your account and your domain was changed but when your new account was created the old domain was used then you are allowed to change it to the one you had it changed it to.
n0obie4life
We know of the ability to do it and the abuse we can get.

Please, do not abuse that function after Bondings stopped allowing self-edits, we know you can edit/add your own domain without telling us, but if we catch you doing that, your account will be suspended.

We have suspended quite alot of accounts for doing that already Wink.