FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MSN messenger error

CoMeX
Hi!

I'm gonna mad about my msn.. after i formetted my computer, it doesn't work properly. these are what happened: i formatted my machine, then installed my security programs, kaspersky anti-virus and zone alarm. after that msn messenger. there is no problem about msn at that time. it worked, i can send msg to ppl. but after 2-3 hours, msn has disconnected. and now it doesnt connect. I tried to create a new account on my computer (xp account). i dont know but it worked, msn has connected to its servers. then whats the problem about my acc? i copied appilation data folder to my acc, but nothing has changed. can any1 help to solve this problem? Sad
xiaarra
if you could give me the error code then i might be able to help.
try to get the error code as welll as error message.
WickedGravity
Like Xiaarra said, an error number would be most appreciated, but here are a few common errors.

First of all.

When you go into the Application Data folder in XP, DELETE IT, trust me, it will come right back. If you want save transcripts, they are not saved there anyway.

If you delete that folder and restart, often times you will have a fixed messenger simpky by ridding it of bulk junk.

Again, if I had an error number I could be more specific on it.
themoose
If all else fails you could always use webmessenger.msn.com thats what i use when my msn dont work :'(
n0obie4life
webmessenger is gay. i can't spam my friends on it Very Happy.

anyway, make sure your connection settings are correct..

i had that problem too and it was my connection settings playing with it.
waiteck
My first impression of your problem is with your firewall. It is blocking it. Therefore, you have problems signing into the msn messenger. Allow connection in the firewall for your msn messenger or off your firewall to solve it.
nate15
have you upgraded your msn messenger to the latest version?
are you on a router and if you are are the ports open for msn messenger?
for more information on port forwarding visit www.portforward.com
mark
Mine goves an error on all my win XP account. The error number is 80072ee7.
Daniel15
I believe that the error code '80072ee7' means that MSN can't lookup the DNS name of messenger.msn.com (the server it connects to).

If you get this error, make sure that you have internet connectivity and your firewall isn't blocking port 1863 (the MSN Messenger port)

If you have problems with MSN Messenger, try Miranda IM (http://miranda-im.org/). Miranda IM is modular, so all the features you don't use can be removed (and it can be extended using plugins).

Miranda IM is very basic to begin with, but install some plugins and you'll have a great IM program! Plugins I recommend are TabSRMM 0.9.9.93 and IEView 1.0.2.1 (and the MSN Smiley Pack). All the plugins can be downloaded from the Miranda IM website
xx77abs
you can try to download new messenger or use Trilian

more on http://www.trillian.cc/

it's greate program, i use it and i don't have problems
it supports ICQ, AIM, Yahoo!, MSN and IRC

try it Very Happy
martinmarshall
Mhbye yoy have blocked the msn with zone alrm just get to zone alarm and clik on program control and see if you haven`t blocked this program.
cavalkaf
As everyone else said, check the firewall.
Than, re-install. That should do the trick.
CCR
CoMeX wrote:
Hi!

I'm gonna mad about my msn.. after i formetted my computer, it doesn't work properly. these are what happened: i formatted my machine, then installed my security programs, kaspersky anti-virus and zone alarm. after that msn messenger. there is no problem about msn at that time. it worked, i can send msg to ppl. but after 2-3 hours, msn has disconnected. and now it doesnt connect. I tried to create a new account on my computer (xp account). i dont know but it worked, msn has connected to its servers. then whats the problem about my acc? i copied appilation data folder to my acc, but nothing has changed. can any1 help to solve this problem? Sad

Open Zone Alarm Go to Program Control from there click on the program tab scan down the list till you find MSN Messenger when you find it look to the right of it and see if there is a check a X or a question mark. If there is all qustion marks it will ask for permission. If they are checks it already has permisions and if it is a X then change it to either a check or a question mark. Also If you have sp2 on that xp machine and your going to run zone alarm turn off the windows firewall tht also could be your probelm. I hope this helps and if not I'm Sorry