FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Final Fantasy!!

atribute
Oh man i'll tell yoou guys what, I used too despise final fantasy until I started making friends with some hardcore gamers and they suggest I should at least try it. I hated the idea of walking around and battles keep popping up, but with the gameboy advance version, dawn of souls, it makes the gameplay so much easier than the nes version.
Johnny156
dawn of souls is that FF1? Cause FF1 is hard to get into. If you're looking for old school FF. I'd suggest FF6 or 3 in the US. or FF4 or 2 in US. You could play some of the Playstation FFs those are all pretty good if the graphics don't get on your nerves after while since they're old.
Kelcey
I dunno... I prefer FF1 as hard as it was on the NES. That was way back in the day.
vaoger
wow... still lost in the old day??
i play ff11 online... nice game...
cool.. something like the.. ff7 + ff10...
u must must play it...

be cool... love it,,,...
thai86
vaoger wrote:
wow... still lost in the old day??
i play ff11 online... nice game...
cool.. something like the.. ff7 + ff10...
u must must play it...

be cool... love it,,,...

oh.. a ff online fan i see..
i like the game too .. by my opinion the ffo.. acually no relationship on the the ff 7 + ff10.... coz the game is had it own personality..
the game system is cool... got nice pet system too...
Frag
ff11 is a good game better than most mmorpg's

My advice is to play all the FF games that have come out on the playstation really lol Smile

FF 7 is good
FF8 I love as the story is easy to get into and is class and a harder battle system.
FF9 is different than all the others, but is still brilliant really with a nice storyline.
FF10 is a nice game to play Blitzball is the best mini game ever, has a good story too it too.
FF10-2 I liked it I played it, not my favourite ff game but still worth playing, all just to see Tidus at the end is worth it.
peanutz
Frag wrote:
ff11 is a good game better than most mmorpg's

FF 7 is good
FF8 I love as the story is easy to get into and is class and a harder battle system.
FF9 is different than all the others, but is still brilliant really with a nice storyline.
FF10 is a nice game to play Blitzball is the best mini game ever, has a good story too it too.
FF10-2 I liked it I played it, not my favourite ff game but still worth playing, all just to see Tidus at the end is worth it.

To me FF8 sucks
FF7 is my favourite ! i just love the scenario
then i like FF9 and FF10.
with FF10-2 i lost interest !

hey did you guys ever tried the FF11 ?
Guelila
I too, didnt like FF until I saw Advent Children, and thouight that cool.
So now, I want to try the games, which I never tried before...
Can anyone tell me the FF games and what stations they are out for?

Thanks.
peanutz
Guelila wrote:

i wish i could help... i don't know what you mean at all !

(stupid french brain)
BardMan
I love every FF game. I've played and beaten every one at least 2 times. I don't have alotta spare time but these games totally kick ass. I remember spending a whole crap load of time maxing out all of my FF7 chars and then fighting ruby weapon. My favortie FF atm is probably the original one. Eventhough the graphics are like old, it still pwn's. I played FF11 for a bit then I couldn't play anymore so i gave my account away >=( It really sucked.

In responce to that persons post (forgot his name xD)
All FF games-
FF Mystic Quest: Super Nintendo
FF 1- SNES
FF 2- SNES
FF 3- SNES
FF 4- SNES-Playstation
FF 5- SNES-Playstation
FF 6- SNES-Playstation
FF Tactics: Playstation
FF 7- Playstation/Computer
FF 8- Playstation/ Computer
FF 9- Playstation/ Computer?
FF 10- Playstation 2
FF X-2- Playstation 2
FF 11-Playstation 2
FF Tactics Advance: Game boy advance
FF Dawn of Souls: Game boy advance

-IF there are anymore that i missed, sorry I can't remember all of 'em >_<
vaoger
BardMan wrote:
I love every FF game. I've played and beaten every one at least 2 times. I don't have alotta spare time but these games totally kick ***. I remember spending a whole crap load of time maxing out all of my FF7 chars and then fighting ruby weapon. My favortie FF atm is probably the original one. Eventhough the graphics are like old, it still pwn's. I played FF11 for a bit then I couldn't play anymore so i gave my account away >=( It really sucked.

In responce to that persons post (forgot his name xD)
All FF games-
FF Mystic Quest: Super Nintendo
FF 1- SNES
FF 2- SNES
FF 3- SNES
FF 4- SNES-Playstation
FF 5- SNES-Playstation
FF 6- SNES-Playstation
FF Tactics: Playstation
FF 7- Playstation/Computer
FF 8- Playstation/ Computer
FF 9- Playstation/ Computer?
FF 10- Playstation 2
FF X-2- Playstation 2
FF 11-Playstation 2
FF Tactics Advance: Game boy advance
FF Dawn of Souls: Game boy advance

-IF there are anymore that i missed, sorry I can't remember all of 'em >_<

wow... almost complete set of final fantsy game.....
i think what u have lost in ur list is final fantsy 11... the online version of final fantasy..
if you are a truthly final fantasy fans... this game you should not miss...
the game sytem had enhanced from the gameplay style of final fantasy 7...
the summoning skill of the final fantasy 8 or 9 ( i kind of mix up.. i should be something more advanced place.. the game should be starting with the ball ..))
the team sytem of final fantasy 8 or 9 ( the Q version of ff... )
and the enviroment system of final fantasy 10.....

well that all for the final fantasy 11... online....
wat do think about it..... i think is a great game but..... lineage 2 .. and FR Online are far better....
no_face15
Guelila wrote:
I too, didnt like FF until I saw Advent Children, and thouight that cool.
So now, I want to try the games, which I never tried before...

Thanks.

If you liked Advent Children then get yourself Final Fantasy 7 for the PS1, the movie will make a lot more sense then. If you didn't catch FF7: Last Order, you'll probably want to play the game first otherwise you'll get the whole Zack-Cloud thing and miss out on all the in game drama over who exactly was Cloud? Soldier or Pee-on? And L.O. explains how Cloud became a member of Soldier. Also it shows one of the more profound events in FF VII history.
AzTeK
for me the coolest FFs where 6(3 US), FF7 some of the coolest effects, stories and skillshttp://www.nukearcade.com/. FF8 sucked in my opinion it was just hard to get into... FF9 had really nice stories and stats. FF10's experience system was weird and gay FFX-2 was just a disgrace... I think the cooler rpgs now are the one where there is no fighting screen you just run around and actually attack those get addicting and are more real like fighting.
But if someone is trying to see what Squaresoft(SquareEnix) is about you should probably check out Chrono Trigger for SNES it's still probably one of the best rpgs made by squaresoft ever.
Frag
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was another of the FF series but came out on the GameCube for some reason. I think you could play 4 ways on that an play with your mates, but it aint the same as the other games. With 12 being released in May in the UK I cant wait, looks stunning, the graphics the storyline and the game.

Most people are saying FF8 Sucked, an blatently they never could complete it, as its not all about just leveling up too 99 so you can pawn everything, as the enemy grows like you do it can beat you too, meaning a tougher oponent and you actually having to be skillful. So im presuming you could never complete it, tut tut. So go out an do it.

Quote:
AzTeK= FF10's experience system was weird and gay FFX-2 was just a disgrace... I think the cooler rpgs now are the one where there is no fighting screen you just run around and actually attack those get addicting and are more real like fighting.

Play ff11 then, also 10 had a good storyline and a complex experiance system where you had to have a brain to become good no wonder you thought it was weird. An yes x-2 was aweful an really if it was going to be made had to be done differently without that gamestyle or the all female cast. Par from that they did have to finsih off the whole Tidus is a dream thing.

all my opinions Very Happy
Monkeydog
Quote:
Most people are saying FF8 Sucked, an blatently they never could complete it

I got to the end(as in the final dungeon), it sucked. Unless the ending was omg super fabulous(which I've heard from friends, it isn't), it sucks.

I love FFVI, FFT, and FFIX. All the others are...well...okay, I guess.
Kelcey
Frag wrote:

Most people are saying FF8 Sucked, an blatently they never could complete it

I beat it and didn't like it compared to other Final Fantasies. By no means is it a BAD rpg (legend of dragoon anyone?). It just didn't measure up to other final fantasies for me.
benwhite
Just to fill in some gaps...

There was also 4 for the original gameboy:

Final Fantasy Adventure (actually Seiken Densetsu 1)
Final Fantasy Legend I, II, III (which were actually more part of the SaGa series)

FFA was recently remade into Sword of Mana for the GBA.

Also FF1-3 were for the NES, not the SNES

Additionally, recently FF7 Before Crisis (mobile) and FF7 Dirge of Cerebus (PS2 Japan) were made. And though not a game, don't forget the really cool FF7 tech demo for the PS3. FF Advent Children and FF: Spirits Within were feature length FF CGI movies. FF Last Order was an anime add-on to the FF:AC/ Final Fantasy Unlimited was an anime series set in the FF universe, but unfortunately wasn't particularly good.

FF11 also had several add ons, namely Chains of Promathia, The Vana'diel Collection, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan.

There have been several collections released for GBA and PS, including FF Origins, Collection, Chronicles, and Anthology. That about covers it.
vaoger
benwhite wrote:
Just to fill in some gaps...

There was also 4 for the original gameboy:

Final Fantasy Adventure (actually Seiken Densetsu 1)
Final Fantasy Legend I, II, III (which were actually more part of the SaGa series)

FFA was recently remade into Sword of Mana for the GBA.

Also FF1-3 were for the NES, not the SNES

Additionally, recently FF7 Before Crisis (mobile) and FF7 Dirge of Cerebus (PS2 Japan) were made. And though not a game, don't forget the really cool FF7 tech demo for the PS3. FF Advent Children and FF: Spirits Within were feature length FF CGI movies. FF Last Order was an anime add-on to the FF:AC/ Final Fantasy Unlimited was an anime series set in the FF universe, but unfortunately wasn't particularly good.

FF11 also had several add ons, namely Chains of Promathia, The Vana'diel Collection, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan.

There have been several collections released for GBA and PS, including FF Origins, Collection, Chronicles, and Anthology. That about covers it.

well well well.....
benwhite had just fill up the last... and all the final fantasy series....
cool.... well i think that something had lost in the series...
i think is the the ff in the DC platform...
could someone comfirm it...

so... any one seen the limited edition of the action figure of ff all the ff main character plus the summon beast.... its really cool...
i want to get a set of it... but is too too expansive..... about 200usd/1 figure
is killing me....
Monkeydog
if DC means Dreamcast, wtf are you talking about?

I'm not about to read all that, but I think he only missed FFTA and FFMQ.
Kelcey
vaoger wrote:

i think is the the ff in the DC platform...
could someone comfirm it...

It's not. Strictly Nintendo and Sony platforms (Sony as of late). No, FFXI on the 360 doesn't count.
benwhite
I didn't miss FFTA and FFMQ--they were already posted by a person above. I was just adding the games BardMan forgot about. Very Happy

Actually, I did forget the chocobo series, FF Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 1 & 2 and whole bunch of games that never made it outside Japan like Chocobo Racing. None of them made it to America except the first FFCMD, which got remade for the wonderswan color back in '99 and FFCMD 2, which was released as Chocobo's Dungeon 2. Can't say I ever played it, but I heard it was gruelling and repititve.

And actually, there was are a few FF games not on Sony and Nintendo. 1 if FF7: Before Crisis for the mobile phone and the other was FF for the WonderSwan. Also, don't forget that Square's been making quite a few games for nintendo again, mostly on the GB systems, but also FFCC on the GC. Square has said that they don't feel tied to Sony and are always looking to develop on other platforms. I can't say I'd like to see them on the xbox, it doesn't seem their style, but they never ruled it out. I would look to see more titles on Nintendo though, perhaps something for the Rev.

Might as well mention that FFXII is due out soon. Looking forward to it.
Monkeydog
"I didn't miss FFTA and FFMQ"
Well I wasn't about to read every post. >_>

I <3ed Chocobo Racing for some reason. xD
benwhite
Can't say I played it, so I'll take you're word for it. Though I watched some of Final Fantasy Unlimited, which basically only shared the chocobo and summons with FF, and it was poor. I guess after all that breeding in FF7 and treasure hunting in FF9, the things just aren't enough for me anymore.

I always liked moogles better.
Monkeydog
I never wanted to see Final Fantasy Unlimited, first off I heard it sucks...and second one of the characters looks exactly like Genne from Outlaw Star, hell his gun looks the same too.

Chocobo Racing was like the PSX alternitive to Mario Kart, it was pretty nice. Not the best, but fun.(quite hard though)
benwhite
Pretty much. His hair was longer than Genes. And his gun summoning animation was really poorly done CG that took up half of each show. The gun thing could have been cool, but think Sailor Moon style battles. As in, imminent death, then turn-around involving long long continuously repeated animation, enemy thwarted but free to come back another day. Worse though, was the truly obnoxious character design (both animation-wise and personality-wise) for the antagonists.

It's a strange idea, the audience was clearly meant to be soemwhere around 8-12 years old. Couldn't be older, seriously, it was that kiddy. Yet, the games aren't aimed at 8 year olds. The games rest firmly in the place from teenage and up. Yet, this show was marketed basically on the premise that the chocobo and having a char. named cid were the only important holdovers for the FF universe and to hell with what made the games worth playing. Waste of money on my part, I shouldn't have given it the benefit of the doubt after hearing Alex Baldwin voice the male-lead in Spirits Within. Tsk tsk.
Frag
Golden Chocobo Very Happy

Loved racing and breeding them, this random chat has forced me to preorder ff12 an to start playing ff7 again Laughing
benwhite
Man, I got so frustrated with breeding. I had absolutely the worst luck, even with the reset manuever to save time. Took me forever. But then again, we got KOTR for it, which was sweet. I remember I loved rpg's before FF7, but I don't think I ever got so wrapped up in one until then, something about it, maybe its scope, but it seemed so big to me back then, even more so than CT or FF6, which in some ways I still liked better.
phinguyen
doez anyone know if they're gonna port FFVII onto the psp. i know that there is a re-release of it with advent children in japan and is sold as the bundle, it comes in a special edition collectors set with different art for the three discs and i'm thinqing that they're gonna do the same thing here when they release it in the us (the end of the year) but does anyone know if they're gonna port it over to psp? maybe the furst game to be two UMDs???
eason2012
i got a 360 Very Happy and i just got the beta version of Final Fantasy XI and it is awsome. i was playin the other day and i love it.
benwhite
Last I checked there were no plans for PSP port. There's still rumors about a remake, but that isn't happening in the forseeable future either.
AlexNet
Im a BIG fan of the older FF games, Im talking like the ones they remade into the GBA FF4 Advance, and up to FF9 on psx, I personally enjoyed ff9 quite a bit.