FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have your cigarettes been going out on you?

djcaution
I dont know about anyone else but has your cigarettes been smoking cr@ppily lately? A lot more difficult to keep it lit without going out on its own, etc? A friend of mine said that they heard something about cigarette companies adding an extra chemical so that they go out on their own in order to lessen housefires from people falling asleep with lit cigarettes or something like that.. anybody know if this is true?
LG-2
djcaution wrote:
I dont know about anyone else but has your cigarettes been smoking cr@ppily lately? A lot more difficult to keep it lit without going out on its own, etc? A friend of mine said that they heard something about cigarette companies adding an extra chemical so that they go out on their own in order to lessen housefires from people falling asleep with lit cigarettes or something like that.. anybody know if this is true?

Honestly I wouldn't be surpriced if something like that is added.
srdjan
hell this's sumthin i hear for the 1st time now!
my cigarettes's have been tasting crappy, though, but i think that's because they get too dry! i don't smoke much, but i really enjoy it, and a pack usually lasts me for 4-5 days...
i actually wouldn't mind if those crackheads did put sumthin in em... make em stay fresh... Smile
i don't think it can make em less "healthy" anywayz... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jack_Hammer
Shouldn't smoke, I used to but now I'm in the army, and it ****** you up.
embrace.guild
I wouldnt be surprised if they tryed to do that. Anyways the best way to prevent smoking house fires is by not smoking. I dont smoke(never have never will) because i think its just sick and repulsive. Anyways, it would be a good idea probably, but maybe it would make the ciggarette just a little worse for you.
Marston
I hope every one of you goddamn smokers' cigarettes go out on you. I have Bronchitis right now, thanks to all the jackasses at school that smoke. Cool
Jeslyn
And nobody has a problem that may be inhaling even more chemicals?
David_Pardy
To all those who are aggressive against smokers... Put yourself in their shoes for a moment.

I started smoking because of my horrible ex. I smoked for a year and I was trying to quit for that ENTIRE time. It's not easy to quit smoking, believe me.

There are those who simply refuse to quit smoking which is stupid... But for those who honestly do try to quit you have my utmost respect.

I myself never thought I'd ever start smoking - I've always despised it. Yet I started smoking all the same.

Seriously guys... If you've ever considering taking up smoking DON'T DO IT. It becomes a part of you and that is NOT a good thing.

For those who want to hit out at smokers... Please be considerate of those who are trying to quit because you don't understand how hard it is to quit until you've been a smoker yourself.

Even now these days, I still hate smoking yet I get the occasional temptation to buy a pack or bum a smoke off someone. The habit infiltrates your mind and there are very few people who aren't affected in this way. I have been clean from it since October 2004 - haven't touched one since
horseatingweeds
Maybe we should add a chemical to liquor to keep it from burning. Twinkis and donuts too.

The best way to quit smoking is to stop buying cigarets...
Marston
David_Pardy wrote:
I started smoking because of my horrible ex. I smoked for a year and I was trying to quit for that ENTIRE time. It's not easy to quit smoking, believe me.
I don't feel sorry for you - do you know that 10,000 people die every day in the US from smoking-related deaths? That includes passive smokers (inhaling second hand smoke), like me? Put yourself in a passive smoker's goddamn shoes for a moment. How do you think it would feel to know that your life expectancy gets shorter every time you inhale some ******'s cigarette smoke? Evil or Very Mad
Blaster
embrace.guild wrote:
Anyways the best way to prevent smoking house fires is by not smoking.

True but also by smoking outside. Still smokers had my shed caught on fire. Not a smart idea to smoke and throw the cig in mulch.
Jeslyn
Marston wrote:
David_Pardy wrote:
I don't feel sorry for you - do you know that 10,000 people die every day in the US from smoking-related deaths? That includes passive smokers (inhaling second hand smoke), like me? Put yourself in a passive smoker's goddamn shoes for a moment. How do you think it would feel to know that your life expectancy gets shorter every time you inhale some *******'s cigarette smoke? Evil or Very Mad

I agree with this 100%.
My dorm is on the first floor at my college, people like to smoke outside near my window, so every night and every morning, I get to a great big whiff of second hand smoking coming through the closed windows.

Then, while walking to class, I get to breathe it then too while the person in front, behind and on the side all smoke.

And then, when going to class i get to walk right into a nice large cloud of smoke, from people huddling next to the entrance.

I don't feel sorry for you. Nobody twisted your arm and made you smoke. Nobody forced you to light up over and over until you got addicted. And I see smoking as nothing as a weakness.

I don't see that I'm attacking people who smoke. I can be friends with someone who smokes, and I don't respect them any less, but don't whine about it as if you're just some unknowing victim of cigarettes, who coincedently missed the warning printed on the boxes, the classes that are put in school, the campaigns to ban smoking, and the ads that say its not the best idea in the world.

As I said earlier, I don't dislike someone just because they smoke, I don't respect them any less... everyone makes some stupid choices once in awhile, just don't play the victim when you don't deserve to.

Edit: Some of this came out a little more aggressive than I intended. So, now you know. Its not my intention for it to.
letianer
still smoking is bad for ur body. all i suggest is don't ever smoke in any time and place.
seanooi
well, i never smoke in public, mainly cause i never go out much. But yeah, I am trying to quit now. I've started with 3 packs a day and i've reduced to 3 days a pack now. And my cigarettes just taste like how they use to, the still get lit all the way to the end. Laughing
jaysen
Just for the record, YES they are making cigarrettes that are less likely to keep burning by themselves to lessen housefires etc. I used to work for one of the companys that produces the paper
horseatingweeds
Marston wrote:
David_Pardy wrote:
I don't feel sorry for you - do you know that 10,000 people die every day in the US from smoking-related deaths? That includes passive smokers (inhaling second hand smoke), like me? Put yourself in a passive smoker's goddamn shoes for a moment. How do you think it would feel to know that your life expectancy gets shorter every time you inhale some *******'s cigarette smoke? Evil or Very Mad

Now Marston, is that anyway for a senior Frihoster to talk? You are setting a bad example for all the newbis that look up to you.

Anyway, I quit smoking several years ago, but I still like to think of second hand smoke as fee cigaretts. Think how much money all that second hand smoke is worth...... Wink
the_mariska
David_Pardy wrote:
To all those who are aggressive against smokers... Put yourself in their shoes for a moment.

Well, I know this too well, have been trying for a few months before I managed to do this. But there's no reason to consider smokers as poor victims that we ought to have pity for. It is their own choice...

Quote:

For those who want to hit out at smokers... Please be considerate of those who are trying to quit because you don't understand how hard it is to quit until you've been a smoker yourself.

It depends how strong is your motivation for that. My aunt woke up some day, said "I'm not gonna smoke anymore" and gave up at once after more than 20 years of smoking. I stopped smoking cause I took up singing classes and because of my boyfriend. When you have a reason good enough, it won't be so difficult as it seems.
Lennon
I tried once and I turned Green and felt dizzy
Srs2388
Smoking... I dont do it enough to matter I only do it when im pissed,sad,depressed..... etc. but no they always stay burining never go out eh until all the tobacco is gone then it goes out
yukimura_gw
I have smoke for almost 2 years and its been 2 years since I have
smoke.

Still, sometime, I feel like smoking.

Those thing are HIGHLY addictive are I now laugh at smokers saying
they can stop anytime. I became sick while I stopped smoking and
it was the 3rd time I tried.

Just thinking of quitting smoking was making me sick. I HIGHLY
doubt that natural tobacco do that addiction.

Please don't try... Quitting is really tough.

And don't trust Patch, only true willing will make you quit. Plus
you'll be healthier, won't stink anymore and wealthier. Wink
Lennon
Just read the statistics if you don't believe the news that It's bad for you.

http://www.ash.org.uk/html/factsheets/html/fact02.html
David_Pardy
Who ever said it's not bad for you?

I will say in no uncertain terms that starting to smoke was one of the stupidest things I've ever done. The reason I started was because I was desperate for my ex to quit. It didn't work of course, and I paid more consequences than I ever realised to pay.

I completely agree about the second hand smoke thing. I used to get locked in the entry cabins of trains with people smoking (illegally) with me curled up near the door trying to get what fresh air I could. I can't STAND the smell of it. Even when I was smoking I still couldn't stand the smell of other peoples smoke.

Don't assume that I don't feel for you. I was the LAST person I had ever expected to start smoking. I don't expect you to feel sympathy for me, you misinterpreted what I was saying. I was SAYING that quitting is so much harder than non smokers can understand. It's not as simple as putting the pack down and saying "no more", because you really want a cigarette the last thing on your mind is what it's doing to your lungs.
Insanity
I think we've been brainwashed too much by the health education classes here at school to think that much of smoking. I haven't seen much smokers around myself, maybe it could this could be the result of it. After many pictures of blacken lungs and 1000000+ testimonials on TV about how bad smoking is, it starts to get to you after a while.

And yes, I agree smoking is a real big problem. My grandfather smoked packs and packs and I had been diagnosed with asthma, which means late night emergency room trips and etc. Not a happy story.
grimcss
mine go out all the time sopo much that i have to talk about it it not often that a ciggrette butt goes out it all about self control try not ot smake its not like you have to it just that people like too leave the ciggy lairy people ahhhh
Savast
**SHRUGS**
know what.. i love my ciggs. i smoke them in bars. when i drink my beer, thats bad for me too.. and if i could i'd eat 20 lbs of red raw meat a day!.
back to the main question.
yes i've noticed my smokes tasting less fresh and tasty, and i did a little research and it seems you're correct they are putting a chemical in them to do that. however they are also not putting as much nicotine in them anymore.. why? so you buy MORE to get your FIX! AHHH!!!
bassgs_17
I promise not to rant at you too much, but good luck with quitting... My dad used to smoke a millennia ago, and he has grumpy as hell until he finally got over the withdrawl. My suggestion is to have a friend lock you into a room with a fridge, PC with a random game on it, and no cigs. Have fun.
-Aquastrike
a.Bird
If you live in an environment where smokers are intruding in your personal bubble, you should confront them about it as much as you do on frihost. Stand up and do something. Move out, change their views, help them quit, or shut the fawk up and accept the fate of the world.

What's more, stop assuming every person who inhales combusted tobacco is nothing more than the image of a smoker. As people have previously mentioned in this thread, there are different aspects of people's lives that go along with smoking.

Bitching to every individual smoker in this world is not going to do anything. Fight the companies that supply the millions of people who light up those nasty ciggies. Fight their ad campaigns. Fight their market domination. People are going to germinate and die off and more will come in their place, but the cigarette companies are ALWAYS GOING TO BE THERE if you don't do something about it. Otherwise, you're wasting your time and energy, not to mention pissing off people who want to make their own decisions, whether or not they know it's going take off 5 years of their lives.
srdjan
I thought this was a topic for smokers...for those of you NON-SMOKERS who get carried away, please read the first post!

And then get the f*** out of here... Laughing

Have your ciggies been going out on you? I think not!

cheerz!
rocky
nope, they dont go out on their on usualy ... but they do when is nothing else to burn Laughing

it happends sometimes when i leave the cigarette in the car's ashtray tho
Lied
On the subject, i have heard that only some companies use additives to thier smoke.
I smoke for two years Luckies and what i have noticed is that when i smoke a Marl*** i immideately want another one to smoke, where with luckies this does not happen. So i have to belive that Marl do sthing in its smokes.The best and most "healthy" smoking imho is Rolled tobaco with filter.
yukimura_gw
Natural tobacco already contain nicotine so I won't suggest to smoke cigarettes that seems more healthy (none are). You can grow your own tobacco and it will be as unhealty as most major brand. (except Chinas cigarettes, those thing are deadly)

One thing is sure, cigarettes companies can't add a lot of nicotine into their cigarettes :
http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/timhortons.asp

And if you think you know nobody you died of lung cancer :
http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/marlboro.htm
nOScott
cigarette smokers should die. Very Happy its such a waste of money and wrong...
CompactHaven
HAHAHA! You bet your face something got added. It will give you cancer and you'll die. Shocked
Time to quit!
dan751
Hahaha, no, ciggerettes haven't been smoking cr@ppily for me lately or ever, because I don't smoke. It's slow-motion suicide, so it's pointless. Simply drop the habit. I know it's easier said than done, but it's not impossible!Very Happy
Vrythramax
I smoked for the better part of my adult life until 6 years ago when my wife got pregnant with our daughter, then I quit and have not had a cigarette since. It all comes down to if you really want to stop or not. If you aren't really serious about quitting, chances are you never will. Just a note to all those who are so violently opposed to smoking, speaking stricly as a former smoker myself, a smoker doesn't care about your rights to clean air, only about his/her right to be able to smoke. Before you start flaming me, let me say I do not think that way of thinking is right, nor should it be condoned....I am merely saying what goes on in a smokers mind as seen by a former smoker. Personally I think cigarettes should be banned, but that would also create another black market for the sale of illegal cigarettes, and look what prohibition did in the 1920's....the Volstead Act made alcohol illegal for all but medicinal purposes and it paved the way for organized crime to make millions and set itself up for the next 50+ years, and made alcohol more popular than ever. The answer to this particular problem goes way beyond the scope of this, or any forum....we can rant and rave all we like, but in the end it will have changed nothing. Instead of hollering at each other in this forum, try writting to your Senator or Congressman and tell them what you think, you'll get alot further towards real change that way.
thiamshui
cigarettes are BAD! good that they are getting more n more expensive.. pollute the environment, harm oneself and harm others..