FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommend a Band

Blaster
Here you can recommend a new band out there that you think others should listen too.

Mine is Carson's Machine

To listen to some of there music go to there site at www.carsonsmachine.com

Edit: incase you didn't know please don't tell an old band. Tell a new band out there.
madsencarl
Necro. He's an artist, but same thing.
legion
Legion Of The Damned

- cool new dutch thrash metal for all you metalheads

www.legionofthedamned.net
lyndonray
they are definitely not a new band i recommend whenever I am given the opportunity: Grandaddy.
Hippie
Fu Manchu! Also I concur on Grandaddy. Its kind of a weird mellow mess. Good stuff though.

....Dutch Thrash you say? Gonna have to check that out.
kinkladze
Starting to make a splash already: Maximo Park
Ankaret
Mourning Grace, from Boulder Colorado, he makes some pretty chilled out acoustic/experimental music similar to pink floyd and almost Sigur Ros.
dubbelklik
A real cool progressive metal band is Dream Theater. I've seen them live for three times now and they are real top musicians.

Check out http://www.dreamtheater.net for more info on them.
SunburnedCactus
dubbelklik wrote:
A real cool progressive metal band is Dream Theater. I've seen them live for three times now and they are real top musicians.

Check out http://www.dreamtheater.net for more info on them.

Dream Theater are pretty ace. I missed them last time they were over here (annoyingly). Also I recommend Porcupine Tree.
IceCameron
The Icelandic band Kimono, you can listen to them at
www.kimono.is -> multimedia
schizophrenia1.618
Dreamtheater

its a progressive rock and metal band
azaghal
I recommend this black metal band: 1349

Named for the year that a plague hit Norway, 1349 represents one of the rising stars in preserving old-school black metal. The band formed in 1997, with an early lineup featuring guitarist Balfori, who left and is now fronts Lunaris. Eventually they attracted the interest of noted drummer Frost of Satyricon, who eventually signed on as a full-time member. After a debut EP came their first full-length album Liberation, an exhausting, hyperspeed blast of old-school black mayhem (no pun intended), featuring an inhuman drumming performance from Frost and some of the meanest riffs heard in some time. In keeping with old values, the production is very thin, with the drums rather oddly mixed and the guitars sounding heavily distorted and buzzy. These guys aren't reinventing black metal, but they are as good if not better than the bands that obviously influenced them (think bands like Marduk, Darkthrone, or old Mayhem). Liberation is among the finest raw black metal albums to emerge in several years.
pll
go to : http://www.breakingbenjamin.com | To listen some ROCK !

Breaking benjamin is on of my prefered music band... There's some songs are really ROCKIN THE HOUSE.
tdb18
Radiohead
PERFECT sound!
deathstilllies
I KIlled The Prom Queen are from adelaide australia. These guys have just recorded there latest album overseas. They fuze a real hardcore/metalcore sound with a few emo/singing vocals. With the departure of there vocalist Crafter they have just found a new front mand Ed Butcher, now with a name like that he has to be brutal!!
if you like hardcore or metal check these guys out at:
www.ikilledthepromqueen.com
www.myspace.com/ikilledthepromqueen
www.purevolume.com/ikilledthepromqueen
btheday
I'll post 3:

SOILWORK
PANTERA
MEGADETH
burzum
LondonAfterMidnight : great gothic band

Burzum : .... Smile not so reccomended if you dont like extrem/black stuff

Nevermore : just listen to them
darth_revan
to listen to metal, start with gothic bands (no, not evenascene or sth like that)

Theatre of tragedy is a good choice...

Or heavy metal bands... like Manowar...

then you'll be able to do your satanic requests Very HappyVery Happy
ignition
I agree with the Breaking Benjamin and Dream Theater...good stuff Dancing

Atm I'd suggest P.O.D (youth of the nation is an awesome song) and Flipsyde (great hip-hop).
Billwaa
Can I recommand my band?

Ford Street
Blaster
Billwaa wrote:
Can I recommand my band?

Ford Street

Yea any band you wish. You should include a website that has the music on it so we can here it.
jakegest
I think the married monk is pretty awesome. Their a canadian band, have a real indie rock sort of feel. They have a website with some clips and two full length music videos.

Also I would suggest people check out Prefuse73. I guess his music is call trip hop? It's basically rap with some extream turntableism and edititing. I actually found a site that has my favorite album online (you need real player). (site is here)

I could go on and on about all the bands and musicians I like.
meaniegeanies
The Meanie Geanies, (our band) is the first I have to recommend (Greek Garage-Punk girl band.

However, I have to mention other legendary bands as well:

? & the Mysterians
The Sonics
Electric Prunes
Five Canadians
Fuzztones
legion
azaghal wrote:
I recommend this black metal band: 1349

i know them...actually listened to a demosong from Hellfire album which rocks your head... good stuff their playing... Twisted Evil
lavigne165
I like Rock/Hard/Alternative/Metal
My favourite bands are: 12 Stones , Mudvayne , AwKward HaZard (one of my canadian friend's band) but I also like Flamenco like Juanes Very Happy
nevillethenerd
yeah, i can recommend a couple of bands. one is unsigned and unheard of outside a small circle of people and the other is just starting to climb the greasy poll. first up, the love injections: http://www.loveinjections.com. go there and download their stuff for free, they're unsigned at the moment. free music and damn good too, how can you go wrong? oh, and watch out for robin black and the intergalactic rockstars, they're going to be massive. last album produced by bob ezrin no less http://www.robinblackrocks.com. check 'em out. you know you want to!
skank
streetlight manifesto.
Twikki
lavigne165 wrote:
I like Rock/Hard/Alternative/Metal
My favourite bands are: 12 Stones , Mudvayne , AwKward HaZard (one of my canadian friend's band) but I also like Flamenco like Juanes Very Happy

TRIVIUM!
cyph33r
I can recommed Seether.
They came from South Africa and were originally known here as Saron Gas. Went on to grab a record deal from Windup and even made it to playing Ozzfest. They have an awesome sound and attitude and are worth looking out for !
onetime8225
Alkaline Trio are a great band listen to them at www.alkalinetrio.com
great rock band
ddukki
Cartel is a very good punk band. Well, I guess it can't really be called a punk band, but it's vocal and smooth. You guys should try listening to them sometime.
idrather_not
Blindside is an amazing band.
They're christian rock, but don't fit into the stereotype.

You can listen to them at this URL.
http://www.purevolume.com/blindsidesweden
XeRo
One of the most complete band in the world of music, with excellent musicians and every detail of their productions is DREAM THEATER, you gotta hear it is one of the most amazing bands.
Vlien
Here I go again Laughing ELBOW! They play alternative (British) rock and are far better than Coldplay - same style perhaps, only Elbow's got better lyrics, their music's more sophisticated, less mass-appeal too.
XeRo
the best of coldplay is chris martin's wife hehehe
adidasx
My recomendation is allso Coldplay becouse of the great sound and lirycs
lpbrasil
I recommend Mudvayne and H.I.M. i like much this 2 bands.
theelectrictwins
i reccomend pretty much any industrial music, specifically skinny puppy and foetus.

skinny puppy for me summerizes industrial music, and foetus is very ecclectic but all the styles they (he actually) write are infused with an industrial edge.
Blaster
Provenworth is a good band too. Listen to them at http://www.purevolume.com/provenworth
Sergeant007
Just The 5 Of Us!! Check them out! www.reverbnation.com/justthe5ofus See them live if you get the chance! They are doing their first recording session this week!

Blaster wrote:
Here you can recommend a new band out there that you think others should listen too.

Mine is Carson's Machine

To listen to some of there music go to there site at www.carsonsmachine.com

Edit: incase you didn't know please don't tell an old band. Tell a new band out there.
Gregoric
My recently favourite band is Pathfinder, I've been listening to their tracks for two weeks already so I could recommend it for metal fans who do not like growling vocals.

Regards
GuidanceReader
Wicked Wench isn't too bad. They're a local (Perth, W.Aus) band and I don't mind listening to them. Apparently they're good live too.
Arrogant
Greenday - punk rock
Linkin Park - alternative rock
Pande
RHCP
Counting Crows
Earth, Wind, and Fire (Duh)
manverupl
Seriously I recommend a swedish band Sabaton, if you like listening power metal, its the band for you. They sing about historical events from WW2, but not only.
pravojednostavno
SKILLET!
Paradigm
Swaggasaurus- they're a startup band pretty active in my area of Texas that put out some pretty awesome music. I'd give them a listen, or if you live out here, maybe stop in for a concert sometime.
tingkagol
GuidanceReader wrote:
Wicked Wench isn't too bad. They're a local (Perth, W.Aus) band and I don't mind listening to them. Apparently they're good live too.

A lot of good bands from Australia. I'm currently obsessed with Karnivool and Dead Letter Circus.
bogisha
Lovers of heavy/power metal can try Serbian band called "Forever Storm"... Maybe someone saw them on Wacken...
deanhills
Band: Riverside
Dark Progressive Rock

Gregoric
You may want to try to listen to Cirith Ungol; a definetly classic heavy metal band. They have split up some time ago, unfortunately but some of their stuff is indeed amazing. They have released a compilation entitled Servants of Chaos back in 2001 or 2004, it contains remastered versions of some of their greatest tracks.
dxverm
Avenged Sevenfold <---pretty damn good guitarist.
Falling in Reverse <--not everyone likes them, got a new metalcore/rap thing going that I like
and....
Children of Bodom <---pretty damn good guitarist.
aayushsrivastava14
Linkin park and Boyce avenue.
sysna
Dark Princess , my recommendation for those who want to look for a new rock band (this band is not new but is not that popular either). they have been categorized as metal band but their songs is just far from metal Very Happy
pravojednostavno
Scorpions