FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webdesign-and-connect?

Lorre
A few questions

1- Now how does one play a simple mp3 on his website, without having to download them irritating templates, who will play but samples, and leave you drooling.
All I need is a minimal design with a Now Playing: showing, a start, stop, next, previous and volume button. Sounds simple, but whoa.

2- How would one bypass a university network firewall?
I can't download music (p2p), can't torrent, but what I cn do is download anime at about 180 MB an episode, sounds hypocritical enough to me.
Honestly, me without music...no good.

3- a password-protected intranet-sort of thing, is that PHP coding?

Thx Very Happy
Animal
Lorre wrote:
1- Now how does one play a simple mp3 on his website, without having to download them irritating templates, who will play but samples, and leave you drooling.
All I need is a minimal design with a Now Playing: showing, a start, stop, next, previous and volume button. Sounds simple, but whoa.

Generally, mp3s are prohibited on Frihost servers. If the music or audio was created by you and was free of copyright restrictions, you might get permission to host them. You need to post in the "request An Account Change" forum and get Bonding's permission before you put mp3s on your server. Otherwise, your account will be deleted without warning.

Lorre wrote:
2- How would one bypass a university network firewall?
I can't download music (p2p), can't torrent, but what I cn do is download anime at about 180 MB an episode, sounds hypocritical enough to me.
Honestly, me without music...no good.

Well, the university firewall is there for a reason - to stop people using the university network to illegally download and share files. You should also check out the Frihost TOS which has a hard stance on using Frihost to discuss illegal activity. That would be downloading copyrighted music, films and anime stuff.

Lorre wrote:
3- a password-protected intranet-sort of thing, is that PHP coding?

You have a "private html" file where you need a password to log in, but you'll forgive me if I think you're planning on using it to share music and other files on the Frihost server. Again, check the TOS. That would be a bad idea.