FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Man Downs 173 Chicken Wings to Win Contest

glennesau

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA - A 22-year-old from San Jose, Calif., won Wing Bowl on Friday by setting a new record at the annual chicken wing-eating contest. Joey Chestnut ate 173 wings to take the title and top prize, a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

As usual, the 14th annual Wing Bowl was replete with thousands of beer-crazed fans, piles of saucy wings, dozens of scantily clad "Wingettes" _ many of them strippers _ and several sickened contestants.

This year's version of the contest, sponsored by sports-talk station WIP-AM, included only competitors who had never before competed in Wing Bowl.

Chestnut qualified for the sold-out event by downing a gallon of milk in 41 seconds.

---------Comcast.net strange news

Well I have heard of a hot dog eating contest and a pie eating contest but never a chicken wing eating contest. 173 chicken wings eh? I wonder exactly how hot the sauce was for the wings. I know as a fact if it was really hot then I couldn't plow down 173. We have Restraunt here in Canada called Jungle Jims and you have to sign a waiver when you eat their suicide wings, that is how hot they are. Now I wonder if this guy could eat that many wings. I wonder if he got a glass of milk to wash down the wings, he got one before the wings though lol.
SunburnedCactus
Doesn't exactly look the sort to be able to consume that amount. I wonder how long it took him to complete that marathon?
Jeslyn
And I bet his parents said stuffing his face is nothing to be proud of. He proved them wrong.
horseatingweeds
A second record was then set in the establishments bathroom.
igor123d
I have no idea how a person can eat such an amount of food. I probably would have been dead halfway through the "contest".
xorcist
lmao I would never make it to that much. I would proberly be the first one to lose in that competition. But for that car I would of proberly tried my hardest.
[idbi]SKi
Thats pretty crazy... I can't belive that he downed that many... I would be puking everywhere... Hehe