FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FireWALL&ANTIVIRUS

olaf
Don't know if there is already a topic on this , since thre are so many and atm my internet connection is't all that great and i'm haveing trouble loading the whole section of the forum anyway my question is :
What firewall and AV you use and why ? im personaly stuck on Agnitum Outpost and Symantec Antivirus corporate 10.
Im most intrested in the resources / functionality and ease of use / number of functions of products ... a poll whoud be nice but i dunno what to add atm Smile)
djclue917
I use Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006. It's an all-in-one package complete with a (somehow interactive) firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, anti-phishing, and many more.

Give it a try:
http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/desktop/pc-cillin/evaluate/overview.htm

However, by the time you really get fed up with those viruses, worms, and other malicious software that could exploit your computer, just switch to Linux. Trust me, Linux is great, fun, and OPEN!

Hope that helps... Smile
jaysen
Sygate personal firewall and F-Prot antivirus. Small, effective, and they don't hog resources like Nortons does. Sygate isn't made anymore however, because nortons bought them out and discontinued it. (No better way to kill the competition.. they couldn't any other way)
kiranaghor
I have ZoneAlarm (Really great!) and AVG Free 7 installed. No problems so far. I also use Spybot Search n Destroy to remove ad/spyware.
James007
Please use the search function... Smile
-close-