FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sirius Black's

mathiaus
Well this is my Harry Potter fan site, named after my favourite character. Well basicly it's got HP news, info, book info, movie info, editorials, fan fiction and art, irc chat (hosted elsewhere!), topsites, awards and a forum

Any good bits, bad bits, un/cool parts. Things you like or dont like? Any kind of criticism is welcomed. Please be as mean as you want Twisted Evil

Thanks
matt Cool

Visit
Maka
Looks great man, is that some kind of php you used?.
mathiaus
indeed, very mutch so.

Thanks Very Happy
nylenz
ye ,a cool website ^_^
Conikair
I am a frequent visitor to this site. Very Happy (I'm sometimes known as bookworm92 Wink)
mathiaus
My new graphics designer ? Smile

Thanks for all the comments
SamiTheBerber
Nice site indeed Wink
lpbrasil
very nice i love Harry Potter, i watch the 3 movies of serie.
Seregwethrin
Really good site but change the forum's images Smile. They are original images of ipb, and look bad at your green template...
SagMan
Very nice site! Looks nice and has interesting stuff!
tjatssa
ooooooooooooooohhhhhh
Harry potter stuff, gotta love that.
I am wondering it says XLD program was used.
Never heard of it.
Where can you get it and how much is it?
sorry kind of new to making sites.
Rather, i have old ways of making websites Confused
mathiaus
Xldstudios is no program. It is a site run by a human who makes layouts Smile
I personally like his banners and graphics though so let him design and code the alyout then recode it myself to reduce the page size, reliance on images and make it html valid.
Their services and pricing can be foruns here

Matt Laughing
digibluez
Wwo.Looks really good.I am making myself a fansite and i cant figure out wich colors would fit best.You have done that exellent.Well done.
ldnet
the site looks very good, whish i can make themes and be a crazy php'r but im not a big fan of harry potter lol.
luxtu
great site
Ashley
Great site that must have took some time and effort, keep the great work up, looks better than the offical site.
Naughty_D0G
i like your site.
nice layout
Piotrek
i don't see link to the site Confused
Casmaniak
damn is a powerfull colors for a perfect website lol Congrats. Shocked
mathiaus
Piotrek wrote:
i don't see link to the site Confused

http://siriusblacks.com
though it is in the first post Rolling Eyes

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. Any suggestions to help improve would be just as appreciated though Very Happy
Alie
Nice job...

Try to make your block headers darker. I'm talking about nav2uk.gif for example. Icons - where they are? Check it out.
Why forum template isn't looks like the rest of the site? Oh gosh! If you'll paint borders of temlate BloodyNose in darkgreen instead of red it will be much better solution!
Green header is not bad... I'm talking about bannerfan7bf.gif
Content is real good, linkbuttons are good.
lazaruz
I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter, but the site looks exellent, loads of content and a great layout, maby I will get more interested in Harry now Very Happy
Yjaxygames
The site has a great layout. It contains very good info too. Cool message if I press the "order of the phoenix" under the films section:
Error

Sorry but the page requested has vanished.
Voldermort may have taken it himself.

Please refresh the page and if the problem persists please report to the
Ministry of Magic

Lol.
budazz
this site the one posted in main page of frihost
zender
Yjaxygames wrote:

Sorry but the page requested has vanished.
Voldermort may have taken it himself.

Please refresh the page and if the problem persists please report to the
Ministry of Magic

yup found that too, is funny

btw great site, like the design
Superfan
I'd suggest that you change the forum's colors & layout to match the home page. It's sort of jarring going there. It doesn't feel like the forum is part of the site...
Kotwik
Nice site. Cool desing. Smile Good work. Very Happy
mathiaus
I have a new layout which isnt quite yet complete. A preview can be seen at
http://siriusblacks.com/index3.php

About the error page, that currently comes up with quite a bit of the info. As you can see from the urls I use mod rewrite to make browsing the site easier and more search engine frinedly. This has caused one or two problems but will be fixed!

The forum. Even with a different template would feel sepearte as you have to register there as well as the site. Its currently closed so that I can do two things
1. Create a new template
2. Integrate the two (forum and site) to require one login only!

And yes my site is on the Frihost main page. I won a competition a while back which entitled me to this priviledge
Alie
Your new layout is also good. Header is great.
Ad in the right corner - delete it if you can. Main table, as I understand is fixed by pixels -
Code:
style="width: 747px

For my resolution 1152X864 all your page looks like pressed up to a half of the screen. Change width to percents:
Code:
style="width: 74%

Once more - forum template! Integrate your forum template...
TonkPilz
Whooooa!! this is over my head im out (love theme and and well eavry ting)
Simulator
The New Layout looks mad, nice job
mathiaus
The priview link no longer works ... why? It has been finished and is now up as the main layout. PLease vote on my site giving your opinion or post back here.
I still need a new news template though I know, and forum template though thats being worked on Wink

Edit: Layout images by LukeakaDenish and Jasna, not me!
SamiTheBerber
mathiaus wrote:
The priview link no longer works ... why? It has been finished and is now up as the main layout. PLease vote on my site giving your opinion or post back here.
I still need a new news template though I know, and forum template though thats being worked on Wink

Great work Wink New layout is awesome Very Happy I wish I could make such a nice graphics Wink

Harry Potter Rulez Razz
Alie
Tell me mathiaus, you wrote the whole site or used any muscle for it?
mathiaus
The sites nearly all mine. The poll and news arent mine though. The network .. nearly all not mine though I did a lot of work with the fan section as the whole fan arrt part was mine.
on my credits page i list all the different scripts used (near the bottom)
Marston
It's got a very nice design, but I notice that it's not very different in comparison to the previous version of the site.
Aimewitue
i love the main design Smile & site (content) is good too Smile
7gts-scout
wow...nice website...

First thing i wan to say is tat i like your layout!. The layout is clean and proffesional looking! Wink Wink Wink

Very good contents in the website..keep it up yo~ Wink