FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.sql problem

bluffmango
hi,
i m completely a newbie to mysql and all this stuff now i got a php script that has a .sql file with it and in the readme o read that i shuld use phpmyadmin to create a database and then insert the following in a config.php file.

$mysql_settings['server'] = "localhost";
$mysql_settings['user'] = "username";
$mysql_settings['pass'] = "password";
$mysql_settings['database_name'] = 'database_name';

now i dont know what to do and how to do it...any1z help will b appreciated..thanks
SamiTheBerber
bluffmango wrote:
hi,
i m completely a newbie to mysql and all this stuff now i got a php script that has a .sql file with it and in the readme o read that i shuld use phpmyadmin to create a database and then insert the following in a config.php file.

now i dont know what to do and how to do it...any1z help will b appreciated..thanks

Like you have said, you need to go PHPMyAdmin and there import .sql and fill your settings. With Frihost this is easy opertaion, but your page doesn't exist anymore :S
bluffmango
my page doesnot exist anymore wat do u mean by that??
steveadams617
Frihost has two different servers with two different programs that you use to create databases, etc. In order to answer your question, can you tell us if your subdomain ends in frih.net? That will tell us which machine your account is on.
SamiTheBerber
bluffmango wrote:
my page doesnot exist anymore wat do u mean by that??

http://www.bluffmango.frihost.com/ doesn't exist anymore or I just can not connect to that page Confused
bluffmango
but i m running a top level domain name... i.e bluffmango.com, and its working fine..so wats the big deal????
SamiTheBerber
bluffmango wrote:
but i m running a top level domain name... i.e bluffmango.com, and its working fine..so wats the big deal????

What host does bluffmango.com have?
bluffmango
wel its frihost , i m aceccessing cpanel, working around wid files on FTP its going fine..wats wrong\
SlaBo
bluffmango wrote:
hi,

What's the problem? You just need to use administration panel to create a new mysql database, name it for instance dbforscriptblabla, then you should add those line to your config.php file in your script directory (or modify them if they exist or create that file if it doesn't exist) and change words on the right side of equation sign to anything apropriate, so you change the word database_name to dbforscripblabla. User name and password are self explanatory. I'm not familiar with frihost servers but most probably you could leave server set to "localhost". If it doesn't work check information about on which servers mysql databases are stored and change it to its domain name.