FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpbb vs phpnuke

Tony The Tiger
I finally have phpbb installed. I am not sure I installed the correct thing. I am trying to see if I can emulate my buddy's site (http://www.welcometotheadventure.com/phpnuke/index.php ). He clearly uses nuke for his home page and bb for his forum. I had asked about things without understanding the difference between things. I got directed to bb. I am wondering if he is using both because they are interchangeable or if bb is just the thing to use for forums. Can I do what his main homepage does with bb?
SamiTheBerber
PHPBB is just forum and PHPNuke is a template, in which is involved PHPBB forum. If you need just a forum and want to make pages by yourself, then use PHPBB. If you want to have forum and you are too lazy to build page, then use PHPNuke.
Tony The Tiger
Sami,

I have a page. I am interested in the various modules that I see on my friend's web page. For example he can post a commentary with pictures, recieve feedback on these comments, monitor visitors, etc. Can I add these modules without nuke?
Hunterseaker
he just loads the forum in the content box
you can do that to, even without phpnuke you can just use a iframe thats a html code
contact me for questions
Tony The Tiger
Are you talking about his forum page or his main page?
Marston
SamiTheBerber wrote:
PHPBB is just forum and PHPNuke is a template, in which is involved PHPBB forum. If you need just a forum and want to make pages by yourself, then use PHPBB. If you want to have forum and you are too lazy to build page, then use PHPNuke.
This is incorrect. PHPNuke is a Content Management System, and it comes with phpBB as added forum software.
omeration
NO that i wrong, the newer ones do not come with the phpbb installed