FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unintelligent Design

Vofman
You know what pisses me off? The intelligent design people, that’s who. Here are some things I’ve noticed about “Intelligent Design.”

It’s another mask for that fun subject of “Creationism.” In other words, another insane right wing scheme to get Christianity taught in school. This, people, is so stupid it makes me just wanna…write an article that probably won’t be read... Perhaps my anger will be better understood if I explain what “Intelligent Design” is.

“Intelligent Design” is the Christian belief that God created mankind exactly how it is now. There have been no changes whatsoever, human kind is the pinnacle of God’s creation. Yeah right.

So what does this mean? It means that Christian Fundamentalists will try to teach their religion in schools, whereas they work incredibly hard to stop other religions from doing the same. Whoa.

Now, I will deal my personal coup de grace to the dumb idea of “Intelligent Design.”

The only way to prove to me that your “theory” has a hope of becoming taught in schools is this: prove to me that your God exists, then prove to me that you know what he’s thinking, what/who he hates, and why the hell he would ever tell you.

You see, “Intelligent Design” is simply another stupid ploy by right-wing Christian fundamentalists to “Spread the word of Jesus.” Well…who ever said I was interested? If you want me to believe in your God, then stop trying to force him on me. If he’s so great, then I’ll realize that on my own.
DecayClan
[/quote]The only way to prove to me that your “theory” has a hope of becoming taught in schools is this: prove to me that your God exists

I will not start saying things about persuading you that he does.
I will tell you an other thing:
PROVE ME THAT HE DOES NOT EXIST
If you can't prove that he doesn't exist, therefore he must exist...
In maths, when you can't prove that something doesn't exist, then it exists...
Prove me that he doesn't-if you can-And not with things that have the same credibility, as the ones that i would probably use to persuade that he does indead exist...
DO IT!CAN YOU?
iridios
Vofman wrote:
You know what pisses me off? The intelligent design people, that’s who. Here are some things I’ve noticed about “Intelligent Design.”

It’s another mask for that fun subject of “Creationism.” In other words, another insane right wing scheme to get Christianity taught in school. This, people, is so stupid it makes me just wanna…write an article that probably won’t be read... Perhaps my anger will be better understood if I explain what “Intelligent Design” is.

“Intelligent Design” is the Christian belief that God created mankind exactly how it is now. There have been no changes whatsoever, human kind is the pinnacle of God’s creation. Yeah right.

So what does this mean? It means that Christian Fundamentalists will try to teach their religion in schools, whereas they work incredibly hard to stop other religions from doing the same. Whoa.

Now, I will deal my personal coup de grace to the dumb idea of “Intelligent Design.”

The only way to prove to me that your “theory” has a hope of becoming taught in schools is this: prove to me that your God exists, then prove to me that you know what he’s thinking, what/who he hates, and why the hell he would ever tell you.

You see, “Intelligent Design” is simply another stupid ploy by right-wing Christian fundamentalists to “Spread the word of Jesus.” Well…who ever said I was interested? If you want me to believe in your God, then stop trying to force him on me. If he’s so great, then I’ll realize that on my own.

You know who pisses me off? The evolution people, especially the ones who can't stand any challenge to their beliefs. You know what "Evolution" is?

“Evolution” is the secular belief that human life developed over billions of years from practically nothing with absolutely no guidance or interference. Yeah right.

"Intelligent Design" is not an attempt to force religion on people, it's an attempt to balance what's taught about the origin of human life. Evolution is being taught as fact in 99% of schools in this nation, and yet it remains only a theory. It is unprovable due to the inability to "independantly recreate" the experiment. There is no solid proof of any 1 species changing into another completely different species. There is only conjecture and hypothesis based on fossilized remains.

If the science of evolution were so strong and unrefutable, then what's the problem of letting some discussion about alternatives in?

Oh, and creation is not only a Christian belief. It is also Jewish, Muslim, Bhuddist, and probably found in a dozen other belief systems.
Sappho
Hehe its funny but when u cant prove that something doesnt exist it doesnt imply that it exists. Can u prove that elfs doesnt exist? Can u prove that dragons doesnt exist? Can u prove that Santa doesnt exists? Smile)

U want some math? Lets play a little with definitions then. All Christians say that God is allmighty but yet it is impossible for something or someone to be allmighty since:

If he/she is allmighty can he/she create rock that he cant lift? If not he/she is not allmighty, if yes then he/she is not all mighty either since he/she cant lift the rock. Wink

If he/she is allmighty can he create the exact duplicate of himself/herself? If no than he/she is not allmighty. If yes then who would win the duel between em? If the original wins he/she is not allmighty since he/she couldnt create adeqate clone of himself/herself. If the clone wins how come he/she defeated the allmighty God? If neither of em wins he/she is not allmighty since it should be in his/her powers to make anything and yet he/she couldnt win.

In that matter? If he/she is allmighty could God create world in 1 day? If not then he/she is not allmighty Smile If yes how come it took him/her 6? Smile

Took my post as more of a fun than serious arguments, i find it impossible to argue seriously on this matter anyway. Wink
Lennon
How do we explain t=0 in the universe, the instant the universe began expanding. No science or religion can reason with it. All we can say by definition with science and religion is that at time zero there was nothing, no space, no time, nothing. It is undefined, as the term "nothing" cannot be defined.

did the universe collapse into a single point of infinitely small size and come back out after with an expansion - this cannot be reasoned since at the point t=0 the universe falls out of existence and back again.

Did the universe expand from nothing - this cannot be explained or reasoned. You must have a balloon before you inflate it, you must have food before you cook it, the atmosphere wouldn't heat up without the sun.

Cause and effect, there must be a cause of the universe's expansion that can work at t=0. The only cause I see is God. This is known to philosphers as the first mover, as St Thomas Aquinas described.

However, no matter what theory is proposed, there is always an opportunity to include God in it's design, which is what I believe.
Soulfire
1) Not just Christians believe in creationism.
2) It's a theory just the same as evolution.
3) What if I don't want to hear your talk about evolution?
4) Your theory of everything randomly falling together is no less absurd than Christianity.
5) The Christians want to save you from Hell, but whatever, you can choose to damn yourself.

Both sides should be represented equally. Evolution can't be proven no more than ID, and why do we not learn ID? We only learn one side, we are only exposed to one side.
James007
I'm really sick of people trying to convince each other of religion....
-close-