FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Program i made not working for someone.

Ironz
hey,

i made a program in C# that connects to the internet and grabs some info for the user.

i gave it to several people and it works great.
there's this one person that it doesn't work for, it just doesn't connect to the internet (the program opens fine and everything works ok except the connection part).

I have asked him if he has any firewall that might be blocking the program from connecting but he has none and he is using the program the correct way.

he is using WinXP Pro SP2.

Can someone plz help me as to what might be causing this problem? and how can i solve it?

Thank You.
wumingsden
Ironz wrote:
hey,

i made a program in C# that connects to the internet and grabs some info for the user.

i gave it to several people and it works great.
there's this one person that it doesn't work for, it just doesn't connect to the internet (the program opens fine and everything works ok except the connection part).

I have asked him if he has any firewall that might be blocking the program from connecting but he has none and he is using the program the correct way.

he is using WinXP Pro SP2.

Can someone plz help me as to what might be causing this problem? and how can i solve it?

Thank You.

This still maybe a FireWall problem. Although it may seem disabled it is actually still doing work in the background
Ironz
no actually, the guy doesn't have any firewall at all so it's kinda weird.
Animal
Ironz wrote:
no actually, the guy doesn't have any firewall at all so it's kinda weird.

If he's got WinXP SP2, then he does have a firewall - it comes with the service pack. Tell him to check his firewall settings. You should probably advise that he gets a real firewall too, like the free Zone Alarm
Ironz
Animal wrote:

If he's got WinXP SP2, then he does have a firewall - it comes with the service pack. Tell him to check his firewall settings. You should probably advise that he gets a real firewall too, like the free Zone Alarm

well i've already asked him several times if he has a firewall, i even explained to him that it comes with SP2 but he just said he doesn't have one. then i guess i'll just have to guide him step by step maybe he doesn't know about it.
xorcist
If not that tell him to go to blocked programs its somewhere. And tell him to make sure he press Allow when that thing pop's up saying about a Security Threat or tell him to press always allow that should work.
RiCtee
Can we see the program, please?? Then we could help test and improve the program. It could be some problem on his network that prevents him from accessing the internet, or he's making a fool out of you.