FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Life.....

Saber
as Im typing this I realize that I really dont have much point in my life... Im only 18 and in college but Im really not doing much in my life... I just sit here, waiting for new posts to read. Thats all that I have to look forward to.... I just sit here.... Are any of you have felt like this at some time? and yah... I really need to get my life going and start doing something.. Any suggestions anyone has? Yah....
DaveCS2
[advice]
Set a goal and work towards it. A goal you're happy with achieving. If you want to make a difference in the world then find your talants and apply them.
[/advice]

Yeah, I've felt like that. That's what I do in those situations.
jaysen
I think everyone feels like that once in a while... i know i have. Sometimes it feels like you just waiting for something and you don't know what... The best you can do, is find something to make you feel like you're doing something useful
horseatingweeds
Your asking the wrong people. We're all sitting here thinking the same dam thing you are. Shocked
raver
horseatingweeds wrote:
Your asking the wrong people. We're all sitting here thinking the same dam thing you are. Shocked

Not true... i get about 4 hoours of sleep/day ... hahahahhaaaaaa... top that Very Happy

anyway... chill dude, you are still too young to be worrying about that. I`m 20 going on 21, will be finishing college in a year and a half... not saying that i found my goal in life, but i`m sure it will hit me straight in the head when i`m ready. Meanwhile enjoy life. You`re 18 (legal age for drinking), probably a freshman in college... I only have one advice for you:
Leave the forums and go out from time to time. An hour/day should be enough to catch up here. Trust me, it is much better to improve your social life in the real world not in the virtual one.
Hope this helped.
Jayfarer
Freshman in college? Join an established club, and be a really active member.
horseatingweeds
raver wrote:
horseatingweeds wrote:

Not true... i get about 4 hoours of sleep/day ... hahahahhaaaaaa... top that Very Happy

anyway... chill dude, you are still too young to be worrying about that. I`m 20 going on 21, will be finishing college in a year and a half... not saying that i found my goal in life, but i`m sure it will hit me straight in the head when i`m ready. Meanwhile enjoy life. You`re 18 (legal age for drinking), probably a freshman in college... I only have one advice for you:
Leave the forums and go out from time to time. An hour/day should be enough to catch up here. Trust me, it is much better to improve your social life in the real world not in the virtual one.
Hope this helped.

Here herer!! I say, follow this one's advice.

Anyway, does staring at the ceiling fan count as sleep?
raver
horseatingweeds wrote:

Here herer!! I say, follow this one's advice.

Anyway, does staring at the ceiling fan count as sleep?

no it does not Razz

Jayfarer wrote:

Join an established club, and be a really active member.

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

hmmm... what happened to drinking all night at parties, getting up in bed with a really ugly chick and having your friends all laugh at you, that is what college is all about Very Happy
Have fun dude.... or you could join the chess club =))
tefa_taftaf2010
life is full of things to do and you must have a goal to achive it
just you must see what you like to do and then try to reach to it
if you love computer and internet you must try to find yourself in it
try to increase your knowlege in this field

whatever you can see your friends sit with your family

there is many things to do

but trust me

always there's a hope
Pikokola
Yup, sometimes yes,

But since I got older, I think it's being pontless if I keep doing something like this, then... How about improvize it? Use this "talent" to get job Smile

Or maybe if you think it's something that you will like to do for a long time, get a study in it, in the university, I think it's cool Very Happy

In other hand, I'm (em.. right now) falling in love with someone, (dont' laugh, I said)... so, I think it's better if I can get some job ASAP and then marry her Very Happy
Jayfarer
raver wrote:

Jayfarer wrote:

Join an established club, and be a really active member.

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

hmmm... what happened to drinking all night at parties, getting up in bed with a really ugly chick and having your friends all laugh at you, that is what college is all about Very Happy
Have fun dude.... or you could join the chess club =))

Gee, sorry if some of us choose a less shallow route in college. And Club does not automatically mean join the chess club, though I appreciate the insulting emoticons.

Just join anything. The point is, you can fill up your time very easily by joining an active community, one that is consistent that you can actually help. It's an easy way to pass the time, and that's what he asked for.
Lennon
I woz like that once,

Someone invited me to join a rock band since I play an instrument and I got involved, got to know lot's of people, had good craic and I still have time now to pop into the forums.
TeK
Jayfarer wrote:
Freshman in college? Join an established club, and be a really active member.
Yup, that's what I did. now there are 6 hours less a week that i spend online Very Happy
windrei
Actually i don't understand what you mean. But i think you are confused in your life, right ? you are so young, only 18. So you can try many new things. You may not need to set a fixed goal now. Just try and try to see what you are really interested in, and then develop your life in that field. Life is really interesting. Don't be frustrated.
Saber
Well thanks for all the input. I tried to do things that I normaly like doing such as coding and graphics... I ended up just stairing at the blank screen. Even messing with hardwear, trying to fix chips, etc has lost its pull.. I have decided that Im going to take a break from "life", I still will have to go to classes and do home work but for the next few days(or how ever long it takes) Im going to spend the time I normaly would be on a computer out side, just thinking.. I dont know what about, but that will just happen on its own. Thanks again, see you guys later.
riv_
Let's face it, being 18 sucks. I'm, well not 18 anymore Shocked ... and life is getting better all the time (believe it or not)! Hang in there.
Some people find what they love... thier talent, their passion, right away. SOme people don't.
If you feel like you're waiting for something, that's OK. Just trust that you're actually waiting for SOMETHING and that it's worth waiting for.
And yeah, it's probably a good idea to find some real people, and have a conversation face to face.
firebrandglass
And if you get tired trying to think of what to do for yourself, try to think of what you can do for other people. It's really easy to get stuck in one's head trying to figure out your 'purpose'. You can let your whole life slip by being stuck in your own head. It's called 'navel gazing', and it doesn't do you or anyone else anygood. So some suggestions:

You're old enough now to get involved with Big Brothers, Big Sisters. Get yourself a 'little' whose problems are bigger than yours.

If kids aren't your thing, call up a senior center and ask what help you can be to them. They would love to have you volunteer.

I'm sure with little research you can find many organizations in your community that need help. Then before you know it, you're not waking up everyday wondering what to do with your life, but wondering what you can do to help someone else in their life.

Once you've succesfully reached out, I think you might find your 'purpose' comes to you more naturally, and if it doesn't, you still go to sleep every night with the satisfaction of knowing that you're better that half the people in this world because you matter to someone, because you made a difference.
xero102
Shit homie reading that made me think of how im going to be maybe in a year kinda depressing ant it.
Saber
While thinking about my life and what it has been and what I see it leading to be, I wondered around campus. After a while I ended up at the main computer lab. Due to being cold I went in and sat down. I relized that one of the things I enjoy most is computer hardwear, building it, looking up parts, etc. Then an idea poped in my head. I started looking into it and found that I was having "fun" or was pulled into it. I spent 5 hours there and it felt like a second.

This "crazy" idea of mine would be like a part time job. My own custom built computer store. Now to be realistic I know that it takes work to do something like this, and money. I figure that if I start off with getting help and pace this out then it might happen. Also I would be making this only for local areas due to me being a single person and not wanting to make a cross country store.(If it turns out well and Im able to keep it going maybe.... just maybe...)

I know that I will need help on this part, so if any of you have started your own business please help me out here. (Im not sure about any links that I have posted or whether If im correct about what I need, thus me asking if someone knows weither Im on track or not)

To start off I would be a sole proprietor. I know its the easy one to have and I dont think there is any cost for its self. The only thing that I dont really like about it, is, as far as I know, there isnt a way to be separated from the business. Meaning if it goes down in flames, so do I...
Anyways, I know that I need a DBA(Doing Business As. Im not sure but I think this is the form, please correct me if Im wrong, http://www.co.dane.wi.us/regdeeds/pdf/firmnameform.pdf)

Then I also know that I would need a sellers permit(I think is the right one... http://www.wisconsin.gov/state/app/license?COMMAND=gov.wi.state.cpp.license.command.LoadDetailsCommand&permitId=2000122710000000563&permitType=Initial&licenseId=2001010319003436529654) and to get that I think I need this(http://www.wisconsin.gov/state/app/license?COMMAND=gov.wi.state.cpp.license.command.ShowPermitTypes&selectedLicense=2002050908262646124626968947106)

Now some things that Im 100% That I dont know.
-One, is there a different permit(or what ever) that lets me get the wholesale price from companies, or is that just with the sellers permit?
-Two, because I wont have any employes I dont have to even think about those forms right?
-Three, are there any forms that I have to fill out to have a business online?
-Four, how do taxes work out for something like this?

If you read all that, and know that Im either going over my head or that Im forgetting something, etc, please help me out.
Soulfire
I've felt like this for a long time, a bit empty is you will. So I really started getting involved in school. After school activities, going to basketball games, etc. Just things to keep me busy.
LG-2
Yes. The best thing to do in life is to set a goal. Hey man, you still 18 you can easily make a new life. Don't get in depth or anything like that, just keep on college and have fun in life. If you need to get laid, get laid, do what ever you have to to be happy and to finish college.
Marston
Goals in life are for sissies. Real men know that the best things in life are as follows: 12 special friends, garlic sausage, and television.
adwya
we all this man......
kutegoddezz
i think that at such a young age you need to really start exploring various parts of yourself and start piecing together who you are. easier said than done, it is a very essential part of life. it's good to really try new things, find out which types of relationships work for you, focusing on school is always good, becoming involved in school clubs, doing internships, making new friends, going out to parties...these are all part of self development. you are in a transitional stage between childhood and adulthood so it's really really important that you try new things. live it up! most def. don't just sit in front of a computer screen because in some ways you are wasting opportunities that you could be using to make new connections w/ new people places and experiences. does this make sense? i wish i could go back to my early teens and relive all those times...just don't take your youth for granted...it's the best time of your life!!! so make it fun