FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

weird lag

Jat Goodwin
ok, i have an xbox and a computer hooked up to my router and a woreless phone hooked up strait into the wall. now my computer is hooked to the router over a wireless conection with a pci card in the back and the xbox is hard lined to the router. and the router is hardlined to the modem. and i also have dsl so its pretty fast. but when ever somone gets on the phone the computer lags and gets disconected and the xbox, when its on xbox live, gets disconected to and after the phone use is done i have to reset the modem. and every thing works. can anybody help me?
Animal
It's possible that the wireless phone is interfering with the router - if it drops the connection, it may "reboot" to try and reconnect the devices.

You should also check the link to your phone socket. Are you using a microfilter / splitter? If not, there's your problem - you need one. If you are using one, try swapping it for another to see if it makes a difference - it could be faulty.
comp615
Often times with DSL the problem comes from the filter in the line. It's possible the phone (or internet) has a bad filter on it. Might consider swapping a few or asking your company for new ones.
Animal
comp615 wrote:
Often times with DSL the problem comes from the filter in the line. It's possible the phone (or internet) has a bad filter on it. Might consider swapping a few or asking your company for new ones.

This suggestion sounds familliar....

Animal wrote:
You should also check the link to your phone socket. Are you using a microfilter / splitter? If not, there's your problem - you need one. If you are using one, try swapping it for another to see if it makes a difference - it could be faulty.

Rolling Eyes