FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ramayana - The Ancient Scripture of Hinduism

Devang
My Favourite Book is "Ramayana" - the ancient scripture of Hinduism. Ramayana as the name mentions is the scripture of Lord Rama incarnted 5000 years ago. Lord Rama was the incarnation of Lord Vishnu in form of a human. He was the elder son of the king of Ayodhya - Raja (King) Dasrath.

Ramayana is one of the ancient scriptures of Hinduism along with "Manusmruti", "Bhagvad Geeta", "Mahabharat" etc.

I read the Ramayana written by Shri Tulsidasji. Ramayana has also been writen by Valmiki.

It was wonderful experience to read this scripture and I learn a lot from it. Most of all, I got the peace of mind by the message spread in it.
spacebear
I read THE GHITA when I was 20. I plan to read it again one day. So much intelligence and wisdom, not even touched, even in high schools, in Canada.
Devang
Yeah, Gita is very inspiring one if we follow it. Gandhiji was beliving Gita as his path shower. He always believe in its teaching and wisdom and followed it in the various difficulties in his life.

Sthitpragna - is the word in Gita which inspires me a lot.

Do tell me more about us.
Ankaret
I have visited a Hare Krishna temple on several occasions and their literary aspects have always amazed me and left a very good impression. If I were to read the "holy" books of any religion at this point in my life it would be those of hunduism or those of buddhism.
nskaushik
yeah Gita is so full of how to lead our life...really good..but few people actually do read it and grasp the wisdom behind these ancient gems..Smile