FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please Help Packet Problem

Talk2Tom11
Ok soo here is my problem.

As soon as i connect to the internet my connection sends out about 4 billion packets every seconds. This continues all day. I will have my computer on for many ours over the course of a day and have packets sent in the trillions. It must be some kind of virus or spyware using my internet connection. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Not only is it annoying but it is really starting to slow down my internet speed a lot.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me.
SamiTheBerber
Talk2Tom11 wrote:

As soon as i connect to the internet my connection sends out about 4 billion packets every seconds. This continues all day. I will have my computer on for many ours over the course of a day and have packets sent in the trillions. It must be some kind of virus or spyware using my internet connection. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Not only is it annoying but it is really starting to slow down my internet speed a lot.

It seems that you have a virus or spyware Confused What anti-virus program you have? Against spywares is Spybot a good program.
Talk2Tom11
SamiTheBerber wrote:
Talk2Tom11 wrote:

It seems that you have a virus or spyware Confused What anti-virus program you have? Against spywares is Spybot a good program.

I am on a college network soo they make us run McAfee as our anti-virus software. Umm as for spyware i use spybot, xoftspy, ewido.

They all have found stuff and deleted them... but it never fixed the problem.
djclue917
Talk2Tom11 wrote:

As soon as i connect to the internet my connection sends out about 4 billion packets every seconds.

Uh, I'm just curious... Is 4,000,000,000 packets/second really possible???
I mean hello, it's 4 billion packets in just 1 second? Is this really possible?

By the way, what kind of connection do you have? T1?
Talk2Tom11
djclue917 wrote:
Talk2Tom11 wrote:

As soon as i connect to the internet my connection sends out about 4 billion packets every seconds.

Uh, I'm just curious... Is 4,000,000,000 packets/second really possible???
I mean hello, it's 4 billion packets in just 1 second? Is this really possible?

By the way, what kind of connection do you have? T1?

you jniw djclue917, i wasn't sure if it was possible either but that is what my packets are reading. And yeas i am on a T1 connection.

As of now my pc has been on for 10hours and 56minutes. and the packets sent is up to...
RiCtee
I think you got the packet thing mixed up with bytes. Or someone might be using your computer as a bot to send spam, worms (to clog the network), attack / scan other machines.