FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

school uniforms

Do you agree with school uniforms
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 20 ]
No
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 33

Blaster
Say you are back in school and you have to where uniforms. So you are in fith grade and are told you are going to have to ware these for the rest of you school year.

What would you think about it if you had to ware uniforms.

Personly I think it violates kids choice. Choice is something kids don't get often. School uniforms are a bad idea. They don't help with anything.
clip
I'm currently in a University without Uniforms. I hated uniforms once but I think, It'll be better if we were to wear uniforms because its a hassle to think what to wear everyday.

With uniforms, at least you have the excuse to wear the same clothes everyday.
ainieas
In school we had uniforms. Of course in college we don't now, but I think its ideal for school kids to have uniforms.
izcool
One of my teachers wants our school to have regular uniforms (we don't right now, except for Gym class) since it doesn't open up that gap for people to say who's rich and who's poor. I don't agree with uniforms, but I have to wear them for Gym every day. I've had to do that with several different schools since the 7th grade.

- Mike.
DaveCS2
We have a dress code.

Not to bad, no jeans + must wear a collard shirt.
sk8er_gurl_31
If there were uniforms at school, then no one would be able to show their diversity. Everyone would be the same. What's so great about that? It would be impossible to find anyone in the schoolyard, because they would all look exactly alike! Surprised
leat397
I think it should have.
The sense of belonging is great when you are wearing somewhere uniform and it should show your identity also. Indeed, people always dislike there idenities....students don't want to be students, husband don't want to be husband, citizens....(a bit side tracked@.@)..

Anyway, it's a good customs and responsibilityfor wearing school uniform. Laughing
LG-2
Hellllll no mann!!! Back in the day when I used to live in Puerto Rico we had to wear them, I hated them. Well its not much of a difference in past 2 years that I had ROTC. Every Thursday I had to wear that right ass uniform that was veeeery uncomfort.

So no, I do not agree.
haNn
Im go to school with uni Sad Its preety ugly!
WebSiteGuru
I had been through school with uniform when I was young. It has its bad point and it has its good point.

GOOD - You can tell if what school the kids is from when they skipping school. Because they were in school. But of course, if you are kids you will definately hate it, because you will get caught and report to school official by the school police.

BAD - When it come to rivals between school (IE: High School), If a group of kids from school A see a kid from school B that they dont like. They beat that kid up. It doesnt matter, if that kid was just going to that school. And have nothing to do with the rivals, just because he/she came from that school.

Overall it doesnt matter, weather kids get uniform or not. It not going to make any difference in their grade. Very Happy That is my .241659667878098... worth of inputs. Wink
Saber
personaly I dont think that they would be foced to wear anything. I think there should be a dress code and most schools keep that reasonable...sometimes..

But just thinking about making people wear uniforms would break down some walls between people. If everyone looks the same other than their own person then people in the "un-cool" area might have a chance to be with the "cool" people.

Its just a thought, but yah..
Hanpusu-kun
I think that school uniforms are good.
By that way, children cant tease eachother by their clothes.
adiutrix
Went to a school with the strictest uniforms (always socks up, shirt tucked in etc.) and I hated it. Go to town after school and you are wearing some uniform, annoying. The one advantage it did have however was you knew who was who and what school they went to.
monkeystravels
School uniforms are a good idea. When you go beat up the rival school, you’re less likely to clock the wrong guy. A bit like football hooliganism…
igor123d
I really don't know wheter it's better to have pros and cons. I like uniforms because they create a sense of conformity and solemenity for educational establishments. I don't buy the argument that uniforms stifle creativity by not allowing students to wear what they like (after seing the "original" fashion at my school I am not too ecstatic about this so called creativity). The only argument agains uniform that I can accept is that in some cases they are a nuisance. Having to wear the same clothing everyday which may not be completely comfortable is not always the best experience. Neverthteless, in most cases I found the uniforms as comoftable or even more than other articles of clothing, if schools accept more generic articles (not just by one manufacturer), then I generally support uniforms.
TeK
Personally I'm on the fence about school uniforms. Sure they stiffle individualism to an extent, but I went to a school that required uniforms, and we pretty much found other ways to be individuals. Also school uniforms makes shopping easier for parents, and it's a good way to identify certain children with certain schools. I guess if uniforms weren't as formal as they usually are I would completely support them. I mean I wouldn't mind a uniform that was a T-shirt instead of a hot button-up shirt.
xorcist
I dont really like school uniforms, but the only reason they have school uniforms is because some kids like to pick on other kids that cannot afford good clothes and they say it reduces gang's even though it really does not reduce gang's. But they just figure out that if all of the kids are wearing the same things that noone will pick on the other students.
valkyrie-heavens
I have uniforms at my school but it sucks cause i cant wear what i want to and express my sefl as an individual. We get to wear regular clothes like once a month.
Jeslyn
If you can't express yourself in some other way besides something as trivial as clothing, then maybe you weren't that expressive to begin with.
Marston
Jeslyn wrote:
If you can't express yourself in some other way besides something as trivial as clothing, then maybe you weren't that expressive to begin with.
Quoted for truth.
Srs2388
I really hate uniforms because mainly they dont let you express yourself its booring very dull everyone dressed the same
but thats my opion
Blaster
monkeystravels wrote:
School uniforms are a good idea. When you go beat up the rival school, you’re less likely to clock the wrong guy. A bit like football hooliganism…

True about that. I like that answer. Very funny. Laughing Laughing

TeK wrote:
we pretty much found other ways to be individuals

Yea I totally agree with that. I know I would. It is apart of life

TeK wrote:
I mean I wouldn't mind a uniform that was a T-shirt instead of a hot button-up shirt.

That would be a good uniform if the shirt was like one solid color. That and maybe like a pair of sweetpants. Then it would be comfortable. Very Happy Very Happy
Marston
I think that a cool uniform would be like, super baggy dress pants, and one of those shirts with a print of a suit on it.

I always thought those were funny.
Blaster
That would be funny. I would enjoy that. For like the first week. Then it would get old.
psycosquirrel
I did not vote because I am neutral on the issue. It really depends on the circumstance.
Blaster
I should have put a I don't care on the poll. Can a mod maybe do that for me. Very Happy
Soulfire
I would agree under certain circumstances. Right now our school is pretty much no dress code, except for some girl's things. If we were to move to uniforms, I would only support it if they werent too formal. Something like Khaki's or whatever.

I don't like how people get judged by what they wear.
Atomo64
In Mexico on almost all schools you HAVE TO wear uniforms...
Blaster
I can uderstand things like not wearing like short shorts or wearing low top shirts. That is respectable. But really formal uniforms I wouldn't like that.
[FuN]goku
Blaster wrote:
Say you are back in school and you have to where uniforms. So you are in fith grade and are told you are going to have to ware these for the rest of you school year.

What would you think about it if you had to ware uniforms.

Personly I think it violates kids choice. Choice is something kids don't get often. School uniforms are a bad idea. They don't help with anything.

im at a school without uniforms "East Pictou Eagles 4 life Razz" but if we did have to wear uniforms i wouldnt care that- actually no i would hate to wear a uniform just cuz if u spilled something on it or u got wet or something else then you couldnt change during the day, plus ud have to iron and wash it like everyday so.
Sappho
Atleast u dont need to spent too much money on clothes Wink But personally i am against it, i like all my clothes and the dilemma what i will choose to wear each morning when i woke up. Razz
Blaster
That is why you do it at nite. Get it out at nite. I would still hate having uniforms
Atomo64
Sappho wrote:
But personally i am against it, i like all my clothes and the dilemma what i will choose to wear each morning when i woke up. Razz

I have the same problem when I can go without uniform, hehe
Blaster wrote:
That is why you do it at nite. Get it out at nite.

hmm, it is hard to do that, since you don't know exactly how you feel the other day and how the weather is going to be
Billwaa
I think we should have uniform, at least no one will showing off their new clothings.
Blaster
That I do agree with. Like the one time someone spilled something on me and I changed into my gym shirt. If we had uniforms i would have had to have sauce on me all day.
TonkPilz
i have never bean to a school that have school uniforms... dont tink we have any schools in sweden that REQ to have school uniforms but i voted yes coz im intrested in what swed school uniforms whuld look like
Blaster
Here are a few links I found of school uniforms. Some are worse then others.

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~smithrosse/school_uniforms.jpg
http://www.nda-cvg.org/images/2005/csw/wed_uniforms.jpg
http://www.flynnohara.com/images/girls_high_school_1.jpg
http://www.childrenswholesale.com/school-uniforms-clothing/images/school-uniforms1.jpg
http://www.gifu-cwc.ac.jp/gakka/kokusai/japanese_culture/pictures/uniform1.jpg
gazzar
Rich kids get nice clothes, Poor kids struggle to get nice clothes so with a uniform everbody is the same. So less bullying
Blaster
I don't think it prevents bulling at all. The bullys just find something else about them. Like your hair is messed up. Or you got braces. Or pimple face. So it wouldn't really help bulling.
statusfashions
i am in favour of uniform.
mine in my school days was sky blue color with white stripes.
the only day when we were allowed to wear our choice of dress was on our respective birthdays.
and let me tell you the joy of wearing the other dress on that day was great feeling.
so to xperience the joy of that paticular moment the uniform did a great work.
also there is no dvision of rich or poor when one is in uniform all are eqaual in uniform. no show off nothing.
silentpark
well i don't have to wear school-uniform so maybe i cant say how i realy like it..

in general i would say school uniform is ok.. it has it pro and cons... and its an topic mind is splitting..

well i like the idia of an dress code... some peaple already mentioned ..

but uniform, genrally i would say no...
again dress code is ok for me..
Blaster
Our school was so happy when our dress code was taken away.

Yea for Mr. NuhTowel!!!!
ccarter24
Schol uniforms is a good idea.
Blaster
ccarter24 wrote:
Schol uniforms is a good idea.

Could you please tell why you think so. That is known as spaming.
root
Marston wrote:
Jeslyn wrote:
Quoted for truth.

That would be a awesome quote to use in an essay about the topic...Too bad I've written about the topic about 6 times.
MalvagioAddict
uniforms are needed to add a semblance of actual order within the school system but at the same time I do know and acknowledge that at the same time, students should be able to show their individuality in the manner that they would want to do. In this case the manner of dressing, I have always wanted to go to school where I don't need to wear uniforms but then again, I'd probably have problems with always thinking of coming up of what to wear.

So the best thing for me the way I look at it is to divide the actual number of days during the weak and make it a washday to make everyone happy.
thiamshui
i'm okay with my uniform in my secondary school.. there is nothing wrong w wearing a uniform.. i love my school and does wear the uniform with pride..
bulek
We don't wear school uniforms in our country, so actually I don't know how that looks like. But if I have to vote, I am definitely against to wear school uniforms.
Slammer
Most schools in scotland have uniforms, and i agree with them, ours isnt too bad, as long as you wear black trousers, white shirt and the schools tie ( the senior tie is really nice, dark greeny colour).

Several good reasons that we have them here:

1) Safety! I cant believe no-one has said this yet! The thing about uniforms is everyone looks like they belong there. If a stranger were to enter the school they would stick out like a sore thumb and thats the point. A teacher/staff member can look down the corridor and straight away they'll notice anyone inside that shouldnt be. There is a greater need for this in primary schools where the students are younger and more vunerable.

2) Community, you are one big group of people, you should be proud of it. I dont agree with really strick uniforms, we have blazers and things, but we dont HAVE to wear them once your above like 1st/2nd year in high school.

3)It stops hassle in the mornings with self concious teenagers spending ages choosing what to wear everyday

4) And lastly as some people have said, it stops people getting picked on about their clothes, although even on 'come as you please' days here, that never seems to be a problem

Thats my scottish view on it Smile
DelBhoy
Blaster wrote:
I don't think it prevents bulling at all. The bullys just find something else about them. Like your hair is messed up. Or you got braces. Or pimple face. So it wouldn't really help bulling.

I agree yeah.
Afaceinthematrix
Here is yet another ancient topic that was bumped. But what the Hell? It was bumped and so I will contribute to it because, evidently, people are re-discussing this. People who are against uniforms obviously went to nice schools unlike my high school. My high school was gang infested. There were constantly gang riots and racial riots. We constantly had S.W.A.T. teams at the school to put out riots. Pepper spray became part of the usual atmosphere. The school was tagged with spray paint every single night with new gang logos. People were shot at for wearing other gang colors. School uniforms would have, at least, eliminated one of those problems. You can't shoot at someone for wearing the wrong color when they are wearing exactly what you and your fellow gang members are wearing. Of course, there are still other issues such as gang tattoos - which you cannot stop because you can have a rule that says, "no visible tattoo" but then when someone comes to school with a tattoo that cannot be removed, you cannot deny them an education.
chatrack
Hi,

When you are in a way of study, It is good to have uniform. It give you uniformity in all sense.

You are just like the others. That feeling give more concentration in studies