FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BG Xmail The World's First 10GB Email Service

SONY
The World's First 10GB Email Service

http://www.bgxmail.net/

Free 10 GB Email Service

Webmail

POP3/IMAP Access

Calendaring

Address Book

Notes

Tasks

Reminders

Auto Forwarder

Auto Responder

Spam Protection

Challenge Response

Ad-Free!

No Taglines

10mb / message

Import Email from other Accounts via POP3/IMAP

Dual Layer Antivirus Protection

Sync Calendar, Notes, Tasks, Address Book with MS Outlook (R)

SMTP Access for a one-time fee of $49.99usd. To purchase this, click on the "Make a Donation" link and enter $49.99usd. Be sure to include your username and then changes will then be made to your account.
Rsam
I'm not gonna say no one needs 10 GB, because as a Gmail user that is sort of hypocritical.

However you must realize these overnight email companies go dead fairly quickly, and I wouldn't trust this freemail provider with important documents that need to be stored and sent.
babumuchhala
this will end up like hriders.com which was giving 1 Tera byte (1000 GB) of space.

Then it went down to 1 GB and now it just says a free email account.

But will still stry this bgxmail thing Wink
n0obie4life
yawn, i won't try this.

it will most prolly go down soon..i'd choose to stay with more popular ones Very Happy.
babumuchhala
I tried this and the short review.

The interface is outlook like.
Thats OK

But they want you to fill up a form for a mortgage company and give out complete details within 5 days of registration or else u will not retain ur account.
Thats bad really bad

End Conclusion: CRAP
Maka
10 gig why?, if I want a file that big i'd ask the person to ftp it to me!, as more you'll never throw a mail away 10 gig is just stupid.
Alienz
Not gonna try it too.

I can't even finish up the space in my gmail Wink
billgertz
hmm... that's a great deal.. but dont you think its too expensive for the owner of the sever.. its expensive to give that kind of service not unless you have a lot of sponsors..
also, who need to have a 10GB email space.. man that's too big.. can they just convert it to somthing else for free like webspace or online file storage? Wink

meangurl
bah! just a piece of crap. if they'd gonna have the amount of users like gmail and yahoo has, i'd say they'd go down pretty quickly. like only less than a week or maybe just a day.

like n0obie4life said, i'd rather stick to the popular ones... true! at least we know that it's reliable.
Maka
Dont belive the unlimited mail services either, theres no such thing as "unlimited", there is no unlimited hardrive out there Laughing .they do not last long.
n0obie4life
Maka wrote:
Dont belive the unlimited mail services either, theres no such thing as "unlimited", there is no unlimited hardrive out there Laughing .they do not last long.

some of them out there, unlimited means unmetered Very Happy.
meangurl
n0obie4life wrote:
Maka wrote:

some of them out there, unlimited means unmetered Very Happy.

it's just their way to attract stupid people out there.
Maka
As I said give them a few weeks/months and they'll be gone, they come they go only to learn you cannot succeed this way, a reliable email service with some nice feature and just alright amount of space does me, number one is realiablity, I dont care if it has over 256mb.
Cryptz
they won't last a month, they can't afford to give away 10gb email accounts

either fake or scams
Soul814
i like gmail everyone uses it + its 2gbs right now and its still increasing data, so who knows, some time it'll reach 10 gbs
n0obie4life
Soul814 wrote:
i like gmail everyone uses it + its 2gbs right now and its still increasing data, so who knows, some time it'll reach 10 gbs

you can trust gmail even if they reach 1tb...you won't know how many servers they have Rolling Eyes
OnlyOneLife
Yea, gmail has the infinte + 1 plan, I'm set with gmail. Unless I start sending like a 10 pictures a day or something. Twisted Evil
SNES350
I remember seeing something about a 1TB free email service; appearantly some people decided to test this, and now the site requires a 30 day "trial period" I guess to stop people from abusing it. People came to the conclusion it was just a scam after seeing some things on the site and trying their service, so I'm wary of these places.

I don't really care about more space; I'm not switching my primary email accounts (actually I've stopped using the others now, since they were hotmail and hotmail is garbage) AGAIN after switching off Hotmail, especially when I have a Gmail account and a Spymac account, both of which are 1 GB space.
Scott
Gmail is plenty for me. 10 GB? You may as well just get some webspace if you have that much stuff to store.
DarkYuke
10 whole Gigabytes...who actually needs that much space. Unless your some corporate business who incorporates ALL their emails into one email account, noone needs a 10 gigabyte account. I don't even need a 1 Gigabyte account, although i use gmail ^^.
Zythrix
I'll stick with Gmail. I've come to trust in Google over the years. Not to mention I don't believe I will ever fill my Gmail account!
gamego
Yahoo Mail with 1GB is enough for me.
babumuchhala
gamego wrote:
Yahoo Mail with 1GB is enough for me.
But by the way have u tried using gmail. Its so simple so easy and so fast.

Even if it goes to 250 MB i am gonna stick with my gmail forever.

There is nothing like Gmail.
ldnet
lol i was jsut aboyut to try it out when i saw some of your posts lol so i think ill stick with gmail for now and say that this email thing is CRAP. lol
homer09001
its all just some company trying to outrank gmail and try and win gmail users over besides who on this plannet can possibly be that popular to receive what excess of 1,000,000,000 emails to fill 10Gb i got 500 email on gmail and i only used 2% and even that gonna drop to 1% soon as gmail is slowly increasin their space
Asylum
I use hushmail and it is only 2mb for free service.
ashok
Yahoo got it's own advantages compared to gmail. in my college, gmail is not accessible since all the systems are loaded with win2000 professional and uses IE 5.5
orno
ashok wrote:
Yahoo got it's own advantages compared to gmail. in my college, gmail is not accessible since all the systems are loaded with win2000 professional and uses IE 5.5

maybe its just me, but why cant gmail be accessed on win2k and IE5.5?
danny25
No I am not going to take it plain and simple. I dont need 10 GIGAS
Gmail providing 2.6 approx is enough. I cna even open 2 accounts if I run out of space.
menhao
hoya, xmail, the name is cool, i have visited the website of http://www.xmail.com, yet no any login places:?
open in fall? i am not quite understand? can i register a xmail account now? i can not wait to try:P
pixor
I think its just to fool people. Who can fill up 10 gigs of space you know what I mean? Its like impossible. Even my hard drive is 4 gb at work. Its just a way to get some customers going. Eventually they will drop, I believe.
myth-plan
Rsam wrote:
I'm not gonna say no one needs 10 GB, because as a Gmail user that is sort of hypocritical.

However you must realize these overnight email companies go dead fairly quickly, and I wouldn't trust this freemail provider with important documents that need to be stored and sent.

Agree !
Billy Hill
Quote:
now the site requires a 30 day "trial period"

It would take almost 60 days to transfer a TB anyway. Shocked

For me, over a standard 56K modem connection it would take 4.4 years.
THE11thROCK™
Quote:
Privacy
MailNation Solutions neither guarantees nor warrants the privacy of any electronic communication. While the administrator(s) of MailNation Solutions will strive to respect the privacy of users, normal operation of an on-line system sometimes requires administrator(s) to inspect the contents of files and messages for viruses, copyright and trademark infringement, damage, libel and slander. Every effort will be made to respect the privacy of mail messages within the limits of safe system operation.

Gmail is scanned by robots but this service is scanned by Administrators? And that 1 terabyte can never be achieved, you know why? 10 MB per attachment is fairly ridiculous. That's the reason for that 1 TB crap.
Potternet
10 gb. I tried out this email service which was giving out 10 tera bytes yes 10 tb. Then after 1 day it went down to 1tb then 500 gb then only 50 mb! But i don't care because i have got a gmail account. Gmail you can trust. So everyone try gmail. Try in the marketplace or pm me for invites. ok
martichka
Well.... This is aint that good.

To get a really good e-mail, you need to get a popular one. You can chat and do all those services, like msn yahoo messenger and all of that kind of things...You can also connect to msn with gmail.... so its really nice !¸

Well, have a nice day all !

Bye

Tommy Wink ,
aardvark
Well MailNation does not seem to be too healthy this morning. It's giving error messages such as:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:25 in C:\Program Files\Merak\html\mail\smtppop3.html on line 32

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Merak\html\mail\smtppop3.html on line 53

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\Merak\html\mail\smtppop3.html on line 126

and timing out when attempting a "simple" login.

For what it's worth I've been using runbox.com for the past three years (not free but good value) and would thoroughly recommend them.
chris88
It's a good news.
But I don't think I need it.
gonzo
SONY wrote:
T one-time fee of $49.99usd..

"Free" services that require a "one time fee" are such a joke.
EtherealDesert
But come to think about it, who would want to change from their G-mails? Wink
cnnet
gmail is just ok
10 Gb space is too large
we can't make full use of it
brothymn
GMAIL GMAIL GMAIL GMAIL.....
picsite
lol...i use 2% of my 2gb yahoo, what will i do with 1000gb
bogden
I've been using gmail for a while now, but really, after you have 1 or 2GB, space is really not an issue. Interface is always an issue. I would be surprised if these 10gb people have anything near as slick as gmail's.
orc_lord
it isn't work but it must be wonderful.
GDG
hey guys,
i think theyre already dead, good riddons. besides if you want real email service than just ask a person with gmail to send you invite. i know this one guy who is admin, i signed up for his site and asked him for one, he sent for free. his iste is this:

www.psplineage.frih.net

See Ya.
4f
10GB space is to large for us
it's a waste
gmail is good enough
and it provide us 2g space Wink