FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MyBB and CHMOD with myAdmin

LukeakaDanish
I am not sure whether this problem is directAdmin related, MyBB related or "recent server problems" related...

After the recent attack on the 2nd server, i decided to install myBB instead of phpBB on my site, just to avoid having a forum which looks the same as about one million other forums out there...

I uploaded the files with my FTP client, and, following the MyBB instructions, attempted to change the CHMOD of the following files to "666"

./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php
./uploads
./uploads/avatars

Here comes the problem:

When I then attempt to install MyBB it gives me the following error:

Quote:
The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

So i attempt to check the CHMOD of the subfolder, but it appears to have been deleted. Just out of curiosity, i change the CHMOD of the "uploads" folder to 755 and then i can once more see the "avatars" subfolder.

Is it not possible to have a writeable folder within another writable folder?

Thanks in advance for the help..Very Happy

Luke

PS: Dont bother writting a message which tells me to use another bb...if noone replies, then i will figure that for myself...!
LukeakaDanish
I recoded the install php file, so it works...Very Happy

close plz...
Marston
... You could've just chmodded the avatars directory to 777.
n0obie4life
CHMOD the stuff to 777. Apprantly, they haven't fixed their install file Laughing.
LukeakaDanish
ok...thanks ppl