FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to use outlook to several email accounts?

bigtone
I have 3 email accounts with different purpose. I want I can recieve and send emails seperately. Although I tried to look for function in the menus, I can not find which function of outlook be able to satisfy my requirement.

Any ideas? Thanks. BTW, I don't want to change to another email client software. Smile
Animal
To set up multiple email accounts, you can just use the TOOLS > ACCOUNT SETTINGS menu and configure your 3 different accounts. You will then send and receive email from them all every time you hit SEND/RECEIVE.

If you want to send an email from an account other than the default, you can simply select the appropriate account from the "from" drop-down menu on the compose window.

To seperate your incoming mail, you could set up filters (for example, create a new folder called "Account 1" and then add a rule IF TO=you@account1.net THEN MOVE TO FOLDER "Account 1"). I don't use Outlook, so I'm not entirely sure on this, but you might be able to use different inboxes for different accounts - check the help file.

Hope this is some help to you.
bigtone
Thanks.

I still feel it is not so easy as other email clients do. Microsoft just wants to put so many things together.
Lorre
That's a sad, but true fact.
The thing is, they have a pretty good idea how to please executives and office clerks, but that doesn't help silly little students like myself Very Happy

Regardless, I use 2 g-mail accounts on my Outlook 2003, and aside from a few irritating quirks, everything works fine.
Animal
I know you said you didn't want to change your mail client, but you might find it much easier to use Mozilla Thunderbird with multiple accounts. I use 5 different POP/SMTP services without any problems at all.

Just a thought!

Very Happy
webbone
Thank you Animal,I think you idea is good
bigtone
Usually I use foxmail to manage multiple accounts, but when I setup my XP, I just don't want to install so many softwares.

Now, seems that I would better change my idea.

Thanks.

Quote:
I know you said you didn't want to change your mail client, but you might find it much easier to use Mozilla Thunderbird with multiple accounts. I use 5 different POP/SMTP services without any problems at all.

Just a thought!

mhpschool
In Outlook Express they were called Profiles. In MS Outlook it takes the Profiles an extra step and lets you configure even more advanced by creating a seperate .pst which is a different user account that is accessed from the same window.

To create a .pst you click on File->New->Outlook Data File (in Outlook 2003) or File->New->pst (in older Outlooks). This will create a new set of Personal Folders in your Mail Folders and for each "Profile" you can create your mail accounts to send and receive however you would like them to work.

Hope this helps.