FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Civilization

jkshar2005
I am playing Civilization from 1995 almost 10 years. I have got Civilization I and II. Any one of u know about any servers where I can play Civilizaiton II. Their official servers are always empty may be because of the newer versions of the game.
lucifertje
no sorry don't know any too.
I've been playing number 2 also for a very very long time.
I just love how simple it is and still very very fun.
rip8fan1
I don't know of any, but I'm guessing there aren't any because of the age of the game, and the two newer versions of the game.
ggreiner9
ahh this game was really misleading, at first i got it thinking it would be kindof like a command and conquer, or age of empires type of game but it turned out to be some kind of turnbased/rtc weird game.. ahh i think it sucked, i think threw it away or fed it to my dog.. yea
Petee
I love the civilization games. I have CIV2 and CIV3. I like them because they aren't just a conquer the world type thing (though you can if you want to Razz ). You get to progress as a civilization and interact with other civilizations. They're just cool.
Insanity
It's not exactly the RTS that Starcraft or Age of Empires is, but it's still pretty interesting. I have Test of Time and I got hooked on it for a while... I didn't even figure out how to work the multiplayer parts yet.
no_face15
I've have Civ 4, and really I prefer the Seven Kingdoms 2 to Civ when playing with friends. You can actually finish a game in 2 hours, it's not turn based, and Civilization's interactions with computer civilizations are still pretty simple, even in CIV 4. That would be very cool if they'd expand on it and make some interesting events that you could work together with other nations or do things to prevent other nations from fulfilling their objectives by working behind the scenes against other nations. They should build storylines into it. You can kinda do this if you're playing multiplayer, but the multiplayer games just take too long for me. It's far to easy to keep happy cities and stuff too. There's just not enough to keep it interesting for how long it takes to complete a game. I know there's still lots of people who'd disagree with this, my brother loves all the Civ games, but for me they're ok at best.
tingkagol
I have civ4. This is a game where you have to back-off from the computer and force yourself to stop playing. Hours fly by. You will lose sleep. There're too many times that when I glanced at the clock and see that it's already 3am. Extremely addicting stuff.

Yes, this is a game you have to indulge yourself countless hours of playing. Casual gamers who only play a game for an hour or two of entertainment will be disappointed. But for those who have the time to waste on entertainment, this game is for you. I guarantee this is a game you will play over and oover and over again. Smile
dac_nip
i haven't played civilization. but i've been trying to do it for ages. hmm.. thanks for this reminder, i might consider it again. Very Happy
benwhite
Yeah I played CIVIII a bit, and its turn-based gameplay sucks hours out of the day. Solid game, but it takes absolutely forever to play.
darth_revan
the new patch that's released makes loading times faster... Civ4 is excellent... and the new patch makes it playable... i strongly reccomend it
bgillingham
I downloaded some trailers for Civ III before it came out. One of the movies apologizes for making you waste your time on the game.

Being a fan of the original Civ, I confess that I haven't been able to complete a game of Civ III. It simply takes too much time and attention. I suppose that my days of devoting a lot of focus on a game are over. Sad

I don't think that the time spent was wasted at all. I think that the Civ games have made us all have to think of what the world could have been like if our history took a different path.
PoweredDeath
I've got Civlization 4, but I find that it gets pretty boring so I uninstalled it.
RisingStorm
Meh you should put CD-2's data3.cab up for download for all of us who got shafted when we bought it. I seriously hope whoever is responsible for all these corrupted disks was fired and is blacklisted.
lukeropro
i played civilisations 1 before and I loved the way it was so simple and yet so addicting! I was only 7 years old when I played that and I played it every morning before I go to school! That's one of the reasons why I'm short-sighted! However, i still prefer age of empires to civilisations mainly because of the 'funness' in the game. I like the graphics in age of empires compared to civilisations. but I still love civilisations! ROCK ON!
carstentje
jkshar2005 wrote:
I am playing Civilization from 1995 almost 10 years. I have got Civilization I and II. Any one of u know about any servers where I can play Civilizaiton II. Their official servers are always empty may be because of the newer versions of the game.

i play it also from 1995.
i played civ 1&2.
then i began with age of empires.
i played it for about an year but i never liked the walls. because u didn;t have gates wich was very sadd Crying or Very sad .
then age of empires 2 the age of kings came out. and i played it for about 3-4 years. i liked it a lot because there where a lot of choices to play and a lot of civilizations you could choose on.
i know play the newest civilization and i love it! Embarassed
lipinho_gaia
civilization is cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vediban
i think Civilization is legend in game world. You can build up a civilization from dark ages to post modern ages with researching technologies, making wars etc.. Cool

Thanks for the great game Sid Meier.

I love you Shocked Shocked Very Happy
kung_fu_stu
I've been hooked on Civillization ever since my friend showed me Civ2, which feels like ages ago. It is an addictive game because, as someone mentioned earlyier, you lose the concept of time.

I highly recommend any of the Civ games.
selim06
I really like that and i played Civ 1 Civ 2 and i'm playing Civ4 now...Other games similar but the game has really qualified looking and playing...
ForceRun
I never really got into the Civ Games, guess I started with the RTS. The only way you will be able to play that old of game is LAN, I would think. Try a Google.
Ljsk
tingkagol wrote:
I have civ4. This is a game where you have to back-off from the computer and force yourself to stop playing. Hours fly by. You will lose sleep. There're too many times that when I glanced at the clock and see that it's already 3am. Extremely addicting stuff.

Yes, this is a game you have to indulge yourself countless hours of playing. Casual gamers who only play a game for an hour or two of entertainment will be disappointed. But for those who have the time to waste on entertainment, this game is for you. I guarantee this is a game you will play over and oover and over again. Smile

Completely agreed. A shame my computer couldn't handle Civ 4 too well, only managed a couple of games before the crashing got anoying Mad
dac_nip
if you want a free civilization then try freeciv, available only in linux distros visit http://www.strangegamer.com for details.. Very Happy
ibix
I have played civ 2,3 and 4... but i still think that the civ2 was the greatest...
I don't enjoy graphic engine like Sid meier's pirates in civ 4... colorful graphics in scenarios of WW2.... hmm i prefer civ2
Electricat
I love Civ, bet I must say my favorite one in the series has got to be Alpha Centauri... I've had it 6 years now and it still keeps me up at night...

(I know it's not an official part of the Civ series, but it's sorta a spinoff of CivIII...)

Game on! Very Happy
anhstar
Civ is the best turnbase strategy game ever! I like civ4 alot, alot of dept and look very nice. The only problem is that most of the time, it take hella of time to beat other nations even if I play on fastest mode. None the less, Civ is a good franchise and I will play this from time to time.

There is also another turnbase strategy game that I like, which is: Galactic Civilisation. Very good game it is.
indianinworld
Is this game a Strategy game ??? What is the system requirements for this game to play ? Rolling Eyes
Can any one help me out in this ??

----
Thanks
indianinworld
springbok
I really enjoyed the old civ game 1 and 2, also Alpha Centauri. i could never play them online though, just took too much time and effort.

i think that it would be very difficult to find online games these days because o the age of the games. IMHO you should try the newer versions of the game, if you have a good knowledge of the old ones it should not be too difficult to carry over tactics and expertise to the new ones.
iammarty
Very Happy i've just played CIV3 for a week. My friend introduced and recommended this game to me. It's a good game.

Anyone have something to advice me to play?
How to be a strong country. Because another countrys want a lot of things from my country. If i won't give to them, they hit me. Crying or Very sad