FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Paid 'services'

polarBear
I've got a suggestion here that lots of people might have thought of but for some reason I couldn't find a single thread about it:

We all really happy with current Frihost's features. Really. Most of us ADORE the idea of getting a quasi-professional quality hosting. But what if, for instance, John Doe wants backups, but doesn't want to do it by himself? I propose you charge for doing it and mailing it to him. Big money.

And if someone wants some other server-specific thing, like, say,
mod_cbroker? Charge the user for it.

The user wants yet BETTER support? He pays for it and get it.

Summarized, what I propose is that when a user is in need of whatever feature, PM's Bondings or Morpheus, agrees the payment, and has it specifically for him. Period. End of the plan.

Why shouldn't you do it?
n0obie4life
Bondings doesn't wish to run paid services at the moment, maybe next time Wink.
boringest
yeah, i think it's something to do with paying taxes or something like that. Pretty smart idea really.
Nyizsa
I think paid services would have a negative effect on the community. What if one doesn't want to install his forum himself? He pays for it, right? What's next? He pays for his website being built? In that case, how can we expect him to be active on forums (fora maybe?)? He paid for his service - he would be very upset if his site was removed.
Anyway, there are plenty of paid web hosting facilities out there. I would keep Frihost as it is now.
polarBear
Quote:
I think paid services would have a negative effect on the community. What if one doesn't want to install his forum himself? He pays for it, right? What's next? He pays for his website being built? In that case, how can we expect him to be active on forums (fora maybe?)? He paid for his service - he would be very upset if his site was removed.
Anyway, there are plenty of paid web hosting facilities out there. I would keep Frihost as it is now.

If he doesn't stay active, he has to leave. If he gets upset, he can always pay more money to get his things backupped so he can restart somewhere else.

Ever played Gunbound? It's kind of the same. You play for free, but you pay for things that make your gameplay easier.
Marston
Yeah, this is pretty much a terrible idea.
jaysen
i think if john Doe wants backups that badly, he can hire some kid to do it for him Laughing
n0obie4life
Bah, I must have forgot to close it b accident.

Anyway, Bondings does NOT plan to provide paid services as of now.

-close-