FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

End of the earth?

tschris
i saw one show on tv tonight about one meteorite that will be close to earth at 13 april of 2026 and if his way change propertly will come back at 2036 and hit earth. we will not all dye but it will be a serious damage.

do you think that we can avoid it with technology?

do you wanna know or prefer just to end the story of life in a few seconds?

do you think that we will not destroy ourselfs till then? :p
Soulfire
A lot of things can change between now and then, it seems to me that it would be a very tentative thing. If they know the current path now, missiles and other defense systems can be prepared to launch to the meteor to lessen the severity of the impact.

It's interesting though, perhaps another mass extinction?
prongs_386
is there any reference for this? I'd be interested in reading about this, although the way it's been worded it seems that it's another one in a million chance just there have been many other things similar.
avk
I think that the technology is developing really very very fast andt hink that they will surely get a solution to it

let's see what will happen
Texas Al
The market will take care of it.

j/k
Lennon
Imagine if the moon got in it's way Shocked

Maybe the end of the world is not the physical destruction of planet earth.
Maybe it's extinction of life on earth, or just extinction of the human race.
Maybe it's when resources run out.
Maybe its the creation/revival of a deadly creature that kills and multiplies invincibly e.g. robots or bacteria
Maybe a black hole will develop near the sun and destroy the gravitational orbit of earth-sun.
Maybe the end of the world is the birth of the most irritating, senseless, stupid, vengeful, cruel, satanic, worm-eating demon like President Demon who is expected to join the illuminati in 2016 (my imaginated prophecy).
Maybe the end of the world is the 2nd pentecost / last judgement, when all mankind will know the truth about God.

Maybe it'll never happen.
TheFaction
if it does come near us chuck norris will just round house kick the meteor towards mars problem solved
igor123d
I have heard about the meteorite, however I am of the opinion that we shold not look at its coming with any level of fear or certainty. The number of possibilities between now and '36 are boundless. The trajectory of the object could change at any moment, it could decrease in size, etc. Fact is we cannot predict how it will behave in the next decades with a degree of certitude that would warrant any critical actions to prepare for its arrival. Many more immediate and greater threats exist at present.
Ressurrector
This actually goes along with the bible code prophecies if you buy into it. And according to the way they decyphered it we will try and stop the comet or asteroid and "crumble" it into many pieces and rain even more destruction down on the earth.
legion
it won't be in 2036, sooner, Apophis in 2029 will smack this little blue planet, because humans will not do anything to prevent that
jaysen
well, that tears it... im parking the car in the garage tonight Laughing

Considering how incredibly fragile life really is on mother earth, i am surprised we've made it this long to be honest. At this point in our existance, its a race to to see if our technology evolves faster than the rate of large rocks being hurled at us... but if not, it was nice meeting ya'll
horseatingweeds
We need a punishment for people that don't post a link or article when posting stuff like this. Maybe inserting a picture of a donkey's but under their name for a few posts.

Regardless, it would be difficult to maintain a meteor defense system. Just for the fact of support. Astrology geeks have been petitioning for this forever, God bless them.

The idea from what I have read and heard is the attempting to destroy an inbound projective would not be feasible, rather the tactic would be to divert it. With current technology this would not be especially difficult, in theory….in theory.

I would also opt for Bruce Willis to do the work over Chuck. Mostly because I am assuming the job would require some colorful profanity.
Soltair
Oh la la... another apocalypse!

Hm... If we start counting all the announces of apocalypse and ends of the world for the last 25 years, we'd get a headache... if we are able to finish counting without dying.

If this has to happen, well too bad. But for now, it's too far for anybody to be sure. It's not with an if that this can become a threat... as we say in French, with ifs you can put Paris in a glassbottle.
Lennon
I hope I'm old before I die. Boo hoo!
Devil
if at all any metriod or comet heads towards the earth , we will have atleast 10 years to prepare for it , thanks to all the technology and the telescope that we have which monitor the space , 24/7
Lennon
10 years given that we're looking in the right direction. Don't forget how vast space is.
Devil
Lennon wrote:
10 years given that we're looking in the right direction. Don't forget how vast space is.

dont worr ywe cover all directions Razz
it wont even come near moon without us knowing about it , i said 10 years, cuz many satelites and telescope ,keep searching the sky for new planets 24/7

and the dont look in one direction, if they find anything , we will have enough time to react and destroy it ,

but the big question is how ?

we cant nuke it , cuz it then bring down radiation in millions of pieces instead of one big rock ,

the best thing to do will be to divert it from earth ,

nasa is already working on this , it will be like robots ,

they will land on the rock in space , and use the engines to push it out of course and avoid hitting the earth .

so nobody gets hurt , Very Happy
Lennon
They've already landed satellites on asteroids recently, they could do the same on a meteorite and explode. No need for the Armageddon drilling team.
SunburnedCactus
Lennon wrote:
They've already landed satellites on asteroids recently, they could do the same on a meteorite and explode. No need for the Armageddon drilling team.

Will that actually work? Is it actually possible to transport a significant enough amount of power to do the necessary damage to a large meteorite?
polarBear
Supposing you actually CAN do it, you have to:

a)ensure the heat of the explosion doesn't just melt the meteor together.

b)ensure the explosion tears the pieces far away enough for them to burn on the ionosphere and not just form a ball and pass through it

c) ensure that it blows when YOU want to and not in the way of after it's too late.

And that is freakin hard to calculate. [/list][/list]
Devil
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Lennon wrote:

Will that actually work? Is it actually possible to transport a significant enough amount of power to do the necessary damage to a large meteorite?

as i said before there is no need to blow it , the robots will only push it ,

like u must have seen the satelite launch , how the rockets go up , the same way after it lands ,the engine will start and push it out of the earths orbit . this is the safest method
Lord Klorel
legion wrote:
it won't be in 2036, sooner, Apophis in 2029 will smack this little blue planet, because humans will not do anything to prevent that

what do you mean with Apophis? Evil or Very Mad

At that time the technology must create a defense technology that can be used against this form of universal forces.
Marston
tschris wrote:
i saw one show on tv tonight about one meteorite that will be close to earth at 13 april of 2026 and if his way change propertly will come back at 2036 and hit earth. we will not all dye but it will be a serious damage.

... A meteorite is a meteor that has impacted on Earth. So one meteor that has already impacted on earth will be close to Earth... etc. Doesn't make sense.
SunburnedCactus
Marston wrote:
... A meteorite is a meteor that has impacted on Earth. So one meteor that has already impacted on earth will be close to Earth... etc. Doesn't make sense.

Actually a meteor is the visible path of a meteoroid that enters the atmosphere and is often known as a bolide.

Confusing, no? Wink
Blaster
It will probley just be blown up. They will find away to save earth.
Srs2388
I've heard many say its going to end on
6-6-06 but...... not sure im not psychic but if something really bad happens it can end......
Lennon
If there's a really bad meteorite in our way round the galaxy it'd be a good idea to enter the space station until the earth re-climates.
Or else send people over the Mars and the Moon for rehabitation if it's that bad, or just like The Matrix find an undergound.
legion
... or maybe destroy that evil asteroid
Frag
We will be living on that asteroid when it gets near to hear lol, technology is growing, and we can predict things like this so early, there will be plenty of time for plans for it. A nice big nuke will proberly help it on its way Smile

But americans should be more scared of that little island off Africa that is going to collapse into the sea causing a 500m Tidle wave going at 300mp which will hit East Coast America for about 30 miles in land, thats troublesome Mad
ldnet
wow, meteor i think by that year they could probobly blow them up, since the usa is trying to make a satellite that can distroy anythign ON EARTH using the suns rays which is a very powerfull weapon, so i think if they get it up, they can turn it at the meteor and it would like disintegrade.
futuredragonnn
There is nothing to worry about such uncertainties. With the technologies we have so far, we simply can't destroy a meteor big enough to threaten the existences of human beings. Things will change. Perhaps we will destroy ourselves before God intervenes.
windval
no

the earth will not end like that

i think it will destroy by human some day

and we go to another planet

and destroy it

and move.....

human is an evil........
decard cain
hmm... could be the humans last chance to defend itself, the dinosaurs got wiped out but thats because they were n't advanced enough.
if it hits, massive damage will be done, like in deep impact.
i have an idea, what if they heat it until it burns up making it smaller, or would we just be fried instead of crushed...
time will tell
Ioana
tschris wrote:

I wouldn't take that as too serious - it is just passing by close. That it comes back and hits is not sure as well. When astronomists talk about "close" it is still meant within a distance that doesn't affect - and the probability to hit is still very very small... But sometimes people like to put up more danger in those words as it is really meant.
darknez3
Wikipedia writes:

"99942 Apophis (previously better known by its provisional designation 2004 MN4) is a Near-Earth asteroid that caused a brief period of concern in December 2004 because initial observations indicated a relatively large probability that it would strike the Earth in 2029. However, additional observations provided improved predictions that eliminated the possibility of an impact on Earth or the Moon in 2029. A future impact on April 13, 2036, is still possible, keeping the asteroid at level 1 on the Torino impact hazard scale as of December 2005, with an estimated impact-probability of 1 in 6,250."

Now please, cut with the herecies. Our scientists are completely unaware of many of the forces that may repel such asteroid. But that is just IMO.
ggreiner9
"with an estimated impact-probability of 1 in 6,250."

woohooo its gonna miss!
ggreiner9
Aw crap nvm, i just jinxed the entire human race and now we're doomed.....

sh|t Mad
bigtone
If this is true, I believe there would be much more new Christians in 2026. Just want to take chance in case God exists.

I don't think it can be true. Even it is true, I will think to be lucky to see what the end of the world looks like.

Smile
rohan2kool
Soulfire wrote:
A lot of things can change between now and then, it seems to me that it would be a very tentative thing. If they know the current path now, missiles and other defense systems can be prepared to launch to the meteor to lessen the severity of the impact.

I don't really think it's possible. Moreover we just might be able to do a 'bit' of it to save things here on earth. But, human can't overcome nature. If mother nature wishes... we could all be swept away within seconds. These are just warnings from her side...