FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ok i just made a banner..

Nutorious

There it is.... But what colour do you think the background and text should be on my site? Im no good with colours i always seem to make it clash some how, any tips?
Zach Ownz
well, with backgrounds, i would go with a color thats not so popping out, so its easy on the eyes, like either Black with White text or White with Black or a light grey with Black... if you made some tables or something you could use a background image, to make it look a little cooler... this is just what i think though, soo.... yeah....
solarex
well, i really would use some other colors for the banner. why dont you use some more brushes. a bit abstracty brushes in it would look really good. its so plain at the moment. at last your text must be better i think. i dont like it, sorry. but overall, not bad Very Happy
Marston
Sort of bland...
raver
i found out when working with layouts that it is better to use different blends of the same color.. it is much easier for the eye, it gives a more cleaner look of the website and it is just plain nicer Very Happy
I hate cheesy websites which use 65k colors all mixed up in very ugly designs. Cleaner is better....so in your case i would work maybe with lighter shades of brown.

Cheers.
WebSiteGuru
Nutorious wrote:

There it is.... But what colour do you think the background and text should be on my site? Im no good with colours i always seem to make it clash some how, any tips?

Gold color fonts will looks good for your site. Backgound should be the same as the banner background.
Dragate
Make a pattern... will look crazy if you can align it properly and I know it will be very hard, but it would be crazy....
lazaruz
Well, I would not only make the background a little paler, but also make the text and image on the right stronger in color.