FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stairway To Heaven Reversed

jeffsolodky
I was searching the web and came upon this link for Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" reversed. Check it out at http://www.subliminalmessages.com/carinsurance39h.htm.

I know it is a coincidence and all, but it is pretty cool.
Insanity
There was a site with like 10 songs like that --- I think it was called back masking or something... pretty awesome and scary at the same time. Though I have no idea how they even figured it out in the first place... they must've had way too much time on their hands to be reversing every song they know or something. Anyways, take a look. It's flash and everything.

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm
jeffsolodky
Yeah, I looked at that one too. Damn, I wonder how they figured that shit out, they really must have just been playing it backwards and then they heard that. That must have been really freaky!

Anyways, I know this is old news, but it is still cool news.[/url]
Manus et Therion
You will indeed find it freaky. The entire song is in reverse. I have a set of lyrics for it and three other songs in reverse that Robert Plant sings. It takes a little effort to hear it at first, but once you get it - it is more than obvious. The other Robert Plant songs to explore are "Darkness Darkness", "Liar's Dance", and "Please Read The Letter". In that last song there, one of the reverse lines says "revealed to the church, revered of them that master listen to the group's song that I mirror sealed." All four of the songs that I have "master listen" to in reverse deal with the single topic of whatever it was that Stairway deals with or refers to or came from.
Hobbit
That is just freaky, even though I heard this a year ago I still thought it was pretty scary.
_bloodstain
That is freaky but still way cool./ Smile
Helios
Old, old.. and yet again... old!
lyndonray
sweet satan?? That's really interesting. I always knew there was some wrong with those guys, but i never would have thought they were big fans of satan! Next thing Ozzie secretly worships Papa Smurf!!
Lennon
Yeah I remember reading that years ago. But in a site like that I read there's other songs too, so long ago if you find them as well.
Blaster
Helios wrote:

Extreamly old!!
Manus et Therion
Helios wrote:

But what isn't old is the vast amount of research I have done on this very subject, and that quite clearly there are other reverse songs (complete songs, not just small snips) with Robert Plant as the vocalist. One of which is "Please Read The Letter" of the Page/Plant album "Walking Into Clarksdale". One of the reverse lyrics on that song is "now the news confessional be, yeah yeah we did. Now see the proof, here it's backwards." Might I remind you that Clarksdale and the highway mentioned in that album's title song is where the crossroads that Robert Johnson allegedly sold his soul is located.

"ooh, you walk the long way, little kids
smashed ear phenomenon
it's mad as Aleister's curse"
- from the backwards of Liars Dance
JoeCool
Yes, this is OLD.

It has been posted on Frihost on many occassions over the past year I have been with Frihost. I

t is very wierd though! It is not proven to be quiencidental or purposely put into the song. However, I myself am a big fan of Led Zeppelin, especially this song, so I refuse to believe they would include such a message into a Backmask. With that being said though, something else is freaky here. This is perhaps one of the most heard and known songs of all time. Although the lyrics are odd and most people don't understand them, they are still really catchy and easily get stuck in your head. So for something to sound so good, with a catchy tune, and to have a subliminal such as this is really disturbing. Twisted Evil

Well son't think too musch on it! lol Cool
Joecool
Manus et Therion
Allow me to make two statements before putting your mind and heart at ease.
1) Jimmy Page studied Aleister Crowley extensively. This is absolutely true. As I do too. And the religion of Aleister Crowley was not Satanism, but one he started called Thelema. As it is my religion, I do indeed know much about it. There is no room for Satan in Thelema in any sense that Christians know Satan and Satanism.
2) Backwards speech has never been demonstated to lead to anything considered subliminal messages. Subliminal messages that have shown some results involve instant flashes of images/words/spoken voice, and slightly inaudible voices. But these have never been proven conclusively. True Suggestion is far more overt than you think and is used extensively in advertising and political speeches.

If Page and Plant put those reverse messages there on purpose, which I am prone to believe as I have found them doing it again (alone and together again), it is for the sake of art and surprising sense of humor.
ggreiner9
yea yea i think all this stuf about diabolical messages from famous songs when played backwards is just a load of crap..! it really is
Josso
There are effectively ways of doing "Back Masking" or whatever name you choose to give it on purpose.

1. Record a message and turn it backwards (making it gibberish forwards).

2. Record your secret message, reverse it, try and pronounce the backwards version as real words (giving words forwards and backwards).

And also there are good old coincidences. Personally I think the Stairway to Heaven message has to be a coincidence because it would be too complicated with the way he sings the song and the complexity of the lyrics. Influenced by Satan? Who knows?
Manus et Therion
Actually, there is another way... a way of study and practice, THE WAY that it in my thesis is how it was done (currently I am working on an actual project to prove its possibility). This is the way as described by Aleister Crowley in his teaching entitled Liber Thisharb. Here is a link to the actual text of Crowley.

Pay especial attention to the paragraphs numbered 10 and 11.

www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib913.htm

This being the method explains why the backwards message arrives no matter who sings it (so long as they keep the same melody, I suppose). And this being the instruction that beyond a shadow of a doubt Jimmy Page read (he does, after all, own the largest library of Crowley stuff in the world), his discovery of the artistic possibility is all that matters. For you see, the instruction's purpose is not at all diabolical nor intended for secret transmissions of any sort. It is a training model for memory of a specific species. It just so happens that Page would notice, at times, words would have coherence in both directions; so why not toy with it? After all, he was very wealthy and very wealthy people do some awful funny things with their toys.

So get over the preaching and just enjoy a fantastic ballad, however you wanna look at it.
falsealarm
jeffsolodky wrote:
I was searching the web and came upon this link for Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" reversed. Check it out at http://www.subliminalmessages.com/carinsurance39h.htm.

It actually wasn't a coincidence. Everyone in Led Zeppelin were Satanists.
Manus et Therion
Okay. Now it has just been proven that you're all a bunch of jump to conclusion idiots. Not one of you has demonstrated any critical thinking ability because you obviously have failed to read my posts on this subject. Continuously I read blurbs about satanism, whereas why don't you call Anne Rice a Vampire, and Stephen King an axe murderer. It's just a song.
lyndonray
if they did intentionally put in those backward messages, i think its great. One more thing to scare these religious freaks with!
Josso
falsealarm wrote:
jeffsolodky wrote:

It actually wasn't a coincidence. Everyone in Led Zeppelin were Satanists.

They claim the messages are coincidence to this day (I happen to know people still pester Robert Plant about this).

"Everyone in Led Zeppelin were Satanists" - Simply speculation.
jeffleo
Hmmm, I'd say most are coincidental, but the Eminem - My Name Is. Wow, did he really do that?! Surprised
Manus et Therion
[quote=
They claim the messages are coincidence to this day (I happen to know people still pester Robert Plant about this).

"Everyone in Led Zeppelin were Satanists" - Simply speculation.[/quote]

It actually borders closer to educated guess. Jimmy Page is a student of the occult, he is heavy into Aleister Crowley, he worked with Kenneth Anger (an avid Satanist and freind of LeVay) and he (Jimmy Page) even socialized with LeVay and LeVay's daughter on several occassions. The "Everyone" part of that statement isn't likely so, but potentially two or three members dabbled in it to some extent - even just for a lark, as the brits say.
pudovkin
When I saw the title, I thought it was about the album "Hairway to Steven", from B***hole Surfers. Wink