FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

changed domaine name, now login page wont work in phbb2

mae1strom
I recently bought a new domain, and successfully set it up. I thought everything was working pefectly, but when i tried to login to the phbb forums, the login button was linked to my old domain. I would get to the login.php page, but when i actually typed in my username and password, thren clicked login, it wouldn't work. From there I would have to go into the adress bar, and change the domain from the old one, to my newer one. Does anybody know how i can fix this?
Nyizsa
You must have FTP access to your site. Modify login.php via ftp, and there you go! (And use a relative URL if it's possible!)
mae1strom
ok thanks, ill try that when frih.net is back online.
Loathing in Fear
have a look at this... Sad
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-25928.html
mae1strom
Ok I tried that, and figured that when editing login.php, it would be as simple as changing my old domain within the code, too my new domain. But thats not the case, what am i supposed to change?
nam_siddharth
I have the same problem. When I try login in my forum with new damain name, the login page reapear without any error messege. They starts to show that my nick is login in "who is online" section, but I remain there as guest.
Rhysige
Wouldnt this simply be a case of you have the wrong adress configured? if you login from frihost and then go -> your admin panel -> configuration ->Domain Name
And alter that value it should work from your new domain name, there is a mod you can find if you want it logging in from both domains.
n0obie4life
Nyizsa wrote:
You must have FTP access to your site. Modify login.php via ftp, and there you go! (And use a relative URL if it's possible!)

BS Smile.

First off, you need to make sure two things.

Code:
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'domain.net' WHERE config_name = 'server_name';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '/forums/' WHERE config_name = 'script_path';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'domain.net' WHERE config_name = 'cookie_domain';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '/forums/' WHERE config_name = 'cookie_path';

Make sure you edit /forums/ & domain.net.

Example - My forums are installed at abc.frih.net

I would change

"/forums/" to "/" (without the quotes)
"domain.net" to "abc.frih.net"