FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Detroit holding the superbowl

horseatingweeds
So.... How do you think Detroit will do holding the super bowl?

A couple years ago when I first heard it was coming I figured, "now way".

Currently, it looks like things are getting muddled into place. Since it was decided, things have been ridiculous. The idiot Detroit leadership, Kwame Kilpatrick, have decided that the super bowl is the silver bullet to fix Detroit. So how do they prepare?

First, they tried getting some of these awesome high-rise buildings into shape and make them into hotels. That fell through, investors bailing out and stuff. Gave up on that. Then was the freeway improvement. Basically, chock of all af the arteries into Detroit, ruining its economy further and causing havoc. Replacing a normal via dock with an ugly asss suspension bridge, same height as the via dock, on the way into Detroit...

So, the key to fixing Detroit, is to.... stimulate the hell out of the suburbs, and chock off Detroit.....??????
lyndonray
i don't see how one event can help detroit. because when i think of detroit i immediately see a rusted 1965 chevy. part of that might come from watching 8 Mile, where detroit was not exactly depicted as a place you would love to spend you last moments. Generally, that place needs a make-over. good luck