FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Internet Explorer 7 (beta 2 preview)





Bondings
The second beta of Internet Explorer is just available. It includes tabs and has a very small top. The default search engine is google - quite funny. It uses TrueType fonts by default, making it look like a pdf, in my opinion. Also a search toolbar like the one from Firefox and an rss feed reader. All in a new skin, of course. A lot of errors are reported, but it's still in beta so that explains a lot.

Please note that it will install over Internet Explorer 6, but it shouldn't be hard to remove.

In my opinion this is a real step forward for Internet Explorer. The pages seem to be loading faster and it gives a good first impression. I doubt it will make a lot of Firefox users switch back to IE, but it will definately stop the big flux to FF once the final version is released.

Download page
manumiglani
so how much would you rate this new version out of 10 ?
Animal
Apparently they've discovered a security vulnerability already:

http://www.betanews.com/article/IE7_Beta_2_Preview_Open_to_DoS_Attack/1138810784

"The bug lies in the urlmon.dll file and causes the browser to crash when it encounters a URL with the "file://" protocol followed by a long string of dashes."

This apparently means it's wide open for a DoS Attack.
fractaldreaming
unfortunately, we will be seeing a long year of these "holes" and "vulnerabilities" ...

For whatever reason, Microsoft can not seem to get it right the first 50 times...
Insanity
Well, at least they get credit for trying...
Bondings
I would rate it 8/10 considering it is a beta version and hence is supposed to have some bugs.

Microsoft also cares more about new features instead of about bugs. Why? Because average Joe doesn't really care about them, rather about what he is able to do with it.

And about all the bugs. Windows/IE is run on almost every computer in the whole world. It needs to be compatible with every sound card, mouse, printer, ... If you put Linux on your computer, it can happen that half of the devices won't work. And who cares? It's free. And you won't get much support on a linux forum.

Also, Window loads a program most of the time to the same location in the RAM. If there is a problem in the memory, the program might crash and cause a blue screen. The user will blame Windows for being buggy. In the case of Linux, the user will get a segfault and the program will crash or something similar. Of course this won't be called a bug. Wink

Firefox also crashes on a lot of computers and generates a lot of problems for some people. If 95% of the people would use Firefox most hackers/malware would rather target that browser and FF would be less secure than Internet Explorer - even though the code might be a bit more secure. If it would be installed on 95% of the computers it would also cause a lot of crashes on all kind of situations and combinations of hardware/software.

Please remember that all Windows patches/software are tested on those platforms and combinations of software. That's why it takes so long for patches to be released. Firefox and other open source product aren't doing this.
Huhnteufel
I'll be trying this out soon, but whether IE7 is safe or not, I have no intention of getting rid of Firefox any time soon.
LandShark
Firefox will always be in front. . . So many people hate microsoft and you can use it on all operating systems. Its a really good browser too, so im going to stick with firefox, but probably going to have to download some update, because microsoft forces you too =(
diverden
The day the MS releases any product without having patches and fixes for it on the same day will be a day to remember. MS is a security nightmare that hackers love to attack.
horseatingweeds
How well does it follow w3c standars? css and all that.
Pistol
i would definitly try this out when it comes out but firefox>IE anyday
gothicgeek
Yeah, firefox doesn't work on my computer for some reason. I think I'll go download the IE7 right now. Smile
Lorre
Meh, it'll take a while before my determination shifts from firefox to ie...*sigh*

Might check it out, but it's so hard to go back, isn't it?
Devil
Hahaah Bondings , after all i got support from some one on windows and IE ,

What ever bondings said is true ,

and the people who are showing bugs , should know that ie7 is still in beta , it has to have bugs ,
n0obie4life
When IE7 is released, I'll abandon Firefox instantly.

I'm hoping it's as expandable as Firefox.
Reiji
For me its just a cheap copy of Firefox, but with a whole lot more of secyrity holes.

Almost everything that it has, Firefox already have it.

I am not trying to protect Firefox, but Microsoft has always being aking copies of other products already on the market...the good point for them is that they already have a good name to promote their products.

My opinion is, they better get soething new and good fast, because Firefox 2.0 is coming this way till the mid of 2006.
mOrpheuS
As I could see from most of the replies above, people have already given their verdict ... IE 7 dismissed without a second thought or even a fair trial. Rolling Eyes

Some won't use IE 7 because they hate M$, some since they have become too habituated to FireFox (I wonder how they made the switch from IE to FF in the first place)

I don't know why, but M$ ususally doesn't get that.

I personally try to prevent any kind of prejudice precede logic ... even when it comes to deciding what software I use.
I'll use what I find best for me.
Even if I hated microsoft, that would not have stopped me from using a superior software.

But all that ... only after they release the final version.
I don't have the patience for trying out beta products. Wink
n0obie4life
mOrpheuS, you were stereotyping, I was supporting the product.

Testing WLM is okay for me, but, not IE7. But I'll make the switch back once IE7 is released and stable.
polarBear
I've installed it, and looks way like a PDF reader. I miss the classic 'File | Edit | View |whatever' menu bar, and it feels weird being unable to download a webpage. It takes away some control you used to have as a user. That's bad.

The tabbing system looks more like Opera's one than to Firefox's one. Cool.

It has PNG alpha blending support. Cool.

It has some protecting measures and its sandboxing works pretty fine. Cool.

It doesn't have SVG rendering support. That's bad. It's not that much job at allto bundle the svg plugin with the installation package.

No simple plugin developing nor managing means. That's bad. COM objects and BHO's aren't what I'm looking for here.

Fails miserably the ACID2 test. I mean, it's not like it misses some spots or misplaces a segment of the test. It fails miserably. Check this out (it's a capture of IE7 on the test) and then see this (it's a capture of Firefox on the test) and then this-capture of the test on Opera-.

Its anti-phishing wizard is annoying, and I'm not comfy at all with it sending urls to Microsoft whenever it finds that pleasant. I want control over that.

Summarizing my user experience:

Good stuff: 3 -tabs, PNG alpha, foolproof basic security measures-
Bad stuff:5 -no File | whatever toolbar, no SVG support, no real extensibility, annoying filters, totally fu**ed up CSS support -
Neutral /*you can disagree all you want, it's just my opinion*/: 1. -I can't find how to leave the anti-phishing filter active while deactivating it's url-sending behavior-
As a first approach, it's not bad, but it could be WAY better, considering it's practically rewritten from scratch.


No matter how wonderful it is, if it doesn't have an open plugin architecture I just won't use it for surfing, though I could consider putting it on my reference-browsers-list when I develop something.
trivecta
I've been using ie7 since the first beta, and have to say that i like its simplicity over ie6. to the one person who commented that microsoft can't get it right "over 50 vulnerabilities" guess what, ITS A BETA....
S3nd K3ys
mOrpheuS wrote:
As I could see from most of the replies above, people have already given their verdict ... IE 7 dismissed without a second thought or even a fair trial. Rolling Eyes


Fair trial? lol.

Question, does the default install still enable ActiveX and Active Scripting? (Which we all know is the root cause of their problem with the security bugs)

Quote:
to the one person who commented that microsoft can't get it right "over 50 vulnerabilities" guess what, ITS A BETA....


I'm fairly certain the shortly after the final release, that number will jump dramatically. (Just considering M$'s history) Wink
Devil
Reiji wrote:


I am not trying to protect Firefox, but Microsoft has always being aking copies of other products already on the market...the good point for them is that they already have a good name to promote their products.
.


HTml was made for IE if i am not wrong ,

IE 7 doesnt have to have all the load of BS other Browsers have ,

what i want is a fast ,secure and simple browser ,

i do not want to debate which is the better browser here , cuz this THread is about IE7 and it should remain that way

All the other FF and opera users try to hijack this thread ,

for once STick to the Topic

Mods please take care of that the Topic remains about IE7 , let users talk abuot IE 7 and not thier other Fav browsers
S3nd K3ys
Devil wrote:

what i want is a ...,secure ...browser ,


Good luck with that. That's why I asked about the ActiveX and Active Scripting.
Devil
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Devil wrote:

what i want is a ...,secure ...browser ,


Good luck with that. That's why I asked about the ActiveX and Active Scripting.


Thanks for the luck , but i am not a noob ,

Ever heard of firewall and antispyware , antivirus ?

only a Noob would depend on his browser for total security from internet ,
wumingsden
I'm testing it out right now, and i actually think its quite cool. I have (tried) to use Firfox before but couldn't handle it very well but i really like this version. Like bondings (i think) said the tollbar is quite small which i like and its much easier to take control of what you want to do with one click of the mouse and so far no problems with it, I rate it 9.5/10 Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
Devil wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Devil wrote:

what i want is a ...,secure ...browser ,


Good luck with that. That's why I asked about the ActiveX and Active Scripting.


Thanks for the luck , but i am not a noob ,

Ever heard of firewall and antispyware , antivirus ?

only a Noob would depend on his browser for total security from internet ,


You want a secure browser? And you're going to use IE? And you claim you're not a newb?

Sorry, just kidding, I know how much of a difference a good driver can make in a car that's going to explode anyway... Shocked
resolve
Quote:
I would rate it 8/10 considering it is a beta version and hence is supposed to have some bugs.

Microsoft also cares more about new features instead of about bugs. Why? Because average Joe doesn't really care about them, rather about what he is able to do with it.

And about all the bugs. Windows/IE is run on almost every computer in the whole world. It needs to be compatible with every sound card, mouse, printer, ... If you put Linux on your computer, it can happen that half of the devices won't work. And who cares? It's free. And you won't get much support on a linux forum.

Also, Window loads a program most of the time to the same location in the RAM. If there is a problem in the memory, the program might crash and cause a blue screen. The user will blame Windows for being buggy. In the case of Linux, the user will get a segfault and the program will crash or something similar. Of course this won't be called a bug.

Firefox also crashes on a lot of computers and generates a lot of problems for some people. If 95% of the people would use Firefox most hackers/malware would rather target that browser and FF would be less secure than Internet Explorer - even though the code might be a bit more secure. If it would be installed on 95% of the computers it would also cause a lot of crashes on all kind of situations and combinations of hardware/software.

Please remember that all Windows patches/software are tested on those platforms and combinations of software. That's why it takes so long for patches to be released. Firefox and other open source product aren't doing this.

I will give 6 only
since there are many errors and quite slow
I would prefer to use Firefox...
since firefox support gspace lol
wumingsden
resolve wrote:
I will give 6 only
since there are many errors and quite slow
I would prefer to use Firefox...
since firefox support gspace lol


Are you sure that its not your PC ?, because the BETA version i have of IE runs much faster than the previous version of IE i had
horseatingweeds
I thought IE6 was the last of the IE's and MS was integrating a browser into its new operating system.

I us IE7 all the time but what I call, and many others call, IE7 is a JavaScript uses to make IE compatible with css.

http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/

If IE is not a dead browser then I need to rethink me coding philosophy...

Is this IE7 browser the same source code as the old IE, I mean is it really an IE7...???
Devil
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Sorry, just kidding, I know how much of a difference a good driver can make in a car that's going to explode anyway... Shocked


So u think that ur smart Shocked just cuz u use another browser ?

my pc is very secured , i have 2 firewalls running , antivirus , not to mention other popup blockers , and pc security softwares , which dont allow any script to install without my permissons,

plus i have system guard always on , plus antispyware and adware removers ,

U people must be depending on ur browsers for security . but not me ,

and what the heck even if ur browser was safe there are many other ways to get ur pc screwed , so i dont really understand why u people make a big deal about it Confused
bdoneck
Well, it took Microsoft long enough to enter the Stone Age! lol

I have downloaded it but I hate restarting my computer so I have had it installed for a few days not but I can't run it because it's one of those stupid programs that forces you to restart your computer after you install it.
Arnie
I love you guys' prejudices. That's all I'm gonna say here.
S3nd K3ys
Devil wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Sorry, just kidding, I know how much of a difference a good driver can make in a car that's going to explode anyway... Shocked


So u think that ur smart Shocked just cuz u use another browser ?

my pc is very secured , i have 2 firewalls running , antivirus , not to mention other popup blockers , and pc security softwares , which dont allow any script to install without my permissons,

plus i have system guard always on , plus antispyware and adware removers ,

U people must be depending on ur browsers for security . but not me ,

and what the heck even if ur browser was safe there are many other ways to get ur pc screwed , so i dont really understand why u people make a big deal about it Confused


Seems like an awful lot of crap you're going thru to be secure. I have NAV with 3 year old virus defs, no proxy, no 'security software' or adware blockers or spyblockers or anything.

I have a browser, a free firewall, and safe surfing habits. That's it.

And I'm not making a big deal about it except to point out to you that by using inferior products, you must either over-compensate for it or deal with the reprecussions. In the case of IE, sooner or later you will likely end up dealing with the reprecussions, either thru a breech of security, or bogging down your system trying to track down and keep on top of adware and spyware.

BTW...

Quote:
Ever heard of ... antispyware , antivirus ?



Yeah, I've heard of them. I used to use them, too, when I was a newb, but not any more. No need when you know what you're doing. Wink
essentialmedia
Sorry not for me, to accustomed to Firefox. I only have Explorer available to look briefly at sites that only support Explorer. Other than that it is a virtual paperweight.

Seriously though you guys should go back and read this thread, there is some stupid geeky shit going on. Get a life.

Wink
dookar
I like it. It's a big improvement on IE 6.

I'm going to stick with firefox though, it still has the edge
Huhnteufel
Devil wrote:

HTml was made for IE if i am not wrong ,


Uhh...way wrong. HTML was made as a standard for transmitting documents over the internet. It was supposed to be universal, so it would work if you were using a browser or something else. But then Netscape and IE started making up their own tags.
Tiger
Microsoft has always followed in the Browser wars. So IE 7 has tabs? Good grief man - tabs have been around for years! Browsers like Opera have had tabs going back more than 5 years already! Now Opera even has voice commands. One thing it doesn't really have are extentions, because it's proprietary software. Firefox's extentions, themes, etc. are incredible, because it's Open Source. You can get everything from RSS feeds to the weather in your toolbar - without too much bloat. Don't forget other great tools like resuming where you left off the last time you were online. Frihost forums for example Smile

Bondings, you said: "And about all the bugs. Windows/IE is run on almost every computer in the whole world. It needs to be compatible with every sound card, mouse, printer, ... If you put Linux on your computer, it can happen that half of the devices won't work. And who cares? It's free. And you won't get much support on a linux forum."

You obviously haven't seen the latest release of Knoppix or even Mandrake. These Linux distributions have "Live CD/DVDs", which means you can run the whole operating system off a CD or DVD. Okay, you can't save any changes, but try that with Windows - you just cannot! Think about the possibilities when DVD RAM becomes more popular - your whole OS, files and all on one 4.7GB DVD! A bit small for now, but bound to get better.

I put a Knoppix disk into an IBM PC with a TV card, and it automatically tuned in to *all* the channels, and I was watching TV in about 30 seconds - and the OS was running off a DVD! It took 3 months to get the right Windows drivers off the Net, after the original disk was lost.

As for Windows having better support for hardware... um, that's because the manufacturers make their products to support Windows first because almost every PC coming out the shop has Windows pre-installed. Imagine if more PC's came out the box without an Operating system - would Windows be as popular? If you can legally run Linux for free but have to pay for Windows, wouldn't Linux increase in popularity?

The biggest gripe I have about Linux is the need to compile software before it runs, and the general difficulty in installing apps. Then again, Linux doesn't have as many bugs or viruses as Windows does.

I use Opera (licensed), Firefox and IE. I use Opera when I need speed ("the fastest browser in the World"), and Firefox for just about everything else, including these forums. IE I use very seldom, usually when some site doesn't load and will only work with IE. That's not because IE is better by the way, but because it doesn't follow the standards, and there are still some foolish programmers and designers who develop everything to work only with IE.

IE has its uses, but let's face it, generally it sucks! It's way too big too! Let's move on people!
Dustin
I really like the new Internet explorer seven , its so much nicer than the old one (internet explored six). I really like the RSS feed feature, while i hear this was old news in firefox its new to me and i like it. Another new think i like about it is tabs, another thing thats nothing spcial to the brower world but still revolutionary for me.
mark
Well, that's a good release considering its still in the beta stage. I liked the new streamlined design. Much better than 6. The tabs make it all worthwhile. Also the RSS feeds. However, I don't know how to change the default search engine. Its set to yahoo and I want to change it to google. No matter how much I search, I can't find that option.
zombi3
Gah, i cant stand internet explorer. Ever since i discovered mozilla firefox, its all that i use. I highly recommend it because it filters out alot of popups itself and runs alot cleaner.
nam_siddharth
zombi3 wrote:
Gah, i cant stand internet explorer. Ever since i discovered mozilla firefox, its all that i use. I highly recommend it because it filters out alot of popups itself and runs alot cleaner.


But firefox takes much time to load a page Arrow
Devil
PLease Stick to the Topic this Topic is about IE 7 Smile dont Bring Firefox in this ,

anyway i had tried the first beta of ie7 , but dint like it , so i went back to IE6 ,

guess i will wait for the final version
hack_man_
Bondings wrote:
Please note that it will install over Internet Explorer 6, but it shouldn't be hard to remove.


'it shouldn't be hard to remove'...

How hard is it and can it be done?
Bondings
hack_man_ wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Please note that it will install over Internet Explorer 6, but it shouldn't be hard to remove.


'it shouldn't be hard to remove'...

How hard is it and can it be done?

This is what I heard, but I didn't try it yet. If this is the way to uninstall, then it hope you agree that it is easy.
Quote:
To uninstall: Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. Tick the box at the top "Show Updates" and you will find "Internet 7 Explorer Beta 2" under "Windows XP - Software Updates".
zplitstonez
is it a reliable browser now? or it's just another vulnerability?
rulo
I tried it, and it looks quite good.

I like the feature where you can see all your tabs as little thumbnails in one page.
But it isn't the Beta 2, it is the "Beta 2 preview". Wink

The actual Beta 2 will come in a few weeks, the current preview is targeted on developers that want to try their web pages in the new IE before anyone else tries it.
It really gets weird if even the betas get their own previews...
PatTheGreat42
I installed IE 7 and I like it. It's works just fine, and is very easy to customize to your liking. I also like the thumbnails button. The only problem I can find with it is that it ain't so good at opening links in new windows. It'll do it just fine if you right-click, but links with target="_blank" won't open right.

But as for Firefox, it sucks. Save the Internet: Get IE. It's so much better. IE forever!
Tomppe
I just dont't understand why IE won't work on my computer. I can't press links on websites and things like that. Firefox works quite good but i can't watch movies on the internet. Just shows "Cannot create direct show player."

Someone got anserw to one of those problems?
JorGGa
Wow :O
JorGGa
Tiger wrote:
Microsoft has always followed in the Browser wars. So IE 7 has tabs? Good grief man - tabs have been around for years! Browsers like Opera have had tabs going back more than 5 years already! Now Opera even has voice commands. One thing it doesn't really have are extentions, because it's proprietary software. Firefox's extentions, themes, etc. are incredible, because it's Open Source. You can get everything from RSS feeds to the weather in your toolbar - without too much bloat. Don't forget other great tools like resuming where you left off the last time you were online. Frihost forums for example Smile

Bondings, you said: "And about all the bugs. Windows/IE is run on almost every computer in the whole world. It needs to be compatible with every sound card, mouse, printer, ... If you put Linux on your computer, it can happen that half of the devices won't work. And who cares? It's free. And you won't get much support on a linux forum."

You obviously haven't seen the latest release of Knoppix or even Mandrake. These Linux distributions have "Live CD/DVDs", which means you can run the whole operating system off a CD or DVD. Okay, you can't save any changes, but try that with Windows - you just cannot! Think about the possibilities when DVD RAM becomes more popular - your whole OS, files and all on one 4.7GB DVD! A bit small for now, but bound to get better.

I put a Knoppix disk into an IBM PC with a TV card, and it automatically tuned in to *all* the channels, and I was watching TV in about 30 seconds - and the OS was running off a DVD! It took 3 months to get the right Windows drivers off the Net, after the original disk was lost.

As for Windows having better support for hardware... um, that's because the manufacturers make their products to support Windows first because almost every PC coming out the shop has Windows pre-installed. Imagine if more PC's came out the box without an Operating system - would Windows be as popular? If you can legally run Linux for free but have to pay for Windows, wouldn't Linux increase in popularity?

The biggest gripe I have about Linux is the need to compile software before it runs, and the general difficulty in installing apps. Then again, Linux doesn't have as many bugs or viruses as Windows does.

I use Opera (licensed), Firefox and IE. I use Opera when I need speed ("the fastest browser in the World"), and Firefox for just about everything else, including these forums. IE I use very seldom, usually when some site doesn't load and will only work with IE. That's not because IE is better by the way, but because it doesn't follow the standards, and there are still some foolish programmers and designers who develop everything to work only with IE.

IE has its uses, but let's face it, generally it sucks! It's way too big too! Let's move on people!


I thik so too
heady233
polarBear wrote:
I miss the classic 'File | Edit | View |whatever' menu bar, and it feels weird being unable to download a webpage.
You can actually still use that menu bar. All you have to do is right click on the home button and check "Classic Menu".
OnlyOneLife
IE7 Sucks...
I'm sticking to firefox... HAHAHAHA, I'm am a firefox supporter. Muhahahahahaha.
Always found alternative browsers to IE from the start. When I reinstall windows, the first site I got to in IE is www.getfirefox.com
the second site is like Windows update....
bangala
Thanks for the review Bondings and I can see there are lots of potential in the new version Smile
IE is my favorite browser and I can't wait to see it released.
Tasa
Well just downloaded it and I like it. Faster then FF and sleaker too.

Tabbed browsing work easier and you can set it so link that would normally open a new window getted tabbed instead, I heard this was possible in FF just never figured it out.

Someone was asking about ActiveX controls being accepted by default and (with no big shock) they are not. Of course that has been the default since the hole was found. In fact it asked me about a control for a website that I always visit that FF never asked me about. I will have to look into that.

When it comes to protection I am impressed. Unlike someone said safe surfing habits alone can not protect someone (and people who think otherwise make spammers money)

Overrating 8.5 it lost half a point for just being to differant. It will take a while to get use to but if all goes well I may just switch back to FF.
dragonflame
i love the firefox extensions too much...
firefox all the way!

youre right though, bondings, wonder why they didnt use msn search...
Devil
dragonflame wrote:
i love the firefox extensions too much...
firefox all the way!

youre right though, bondings, wonder why they didnt use msn search...

Boss Create ur own thread for Firefox , this is Ie Thread and not a debate of the best browser Twisted Evil
cjtreid
I'm using IE7 beta at the moment, and although its vastly suprior to the previous verions, I still find that Firefox is better.

Microsoft still haven't improved the access to your favouites on it, so Firefox bookmarks are still loads better.
Devil
cjtreid wrote:
I'm using IE7 beta at the moment, and although its vastly suprior to the previous verions, I still find that Firefox is better.

Microsoft still haven't improved the access to your favouites on it, so Firefox bookmarks are still loads better.


i find IE fav list to be the best among all browsers ,

it is not like others ,where u have to open a diff page just to delete ur fav bookmarks , which u dint make inthe first place , u got loads of it when installed that browsers Razz
wumingsden
Does anybody know how to open up a new tab rather than a new window for default ? I've tried to mess around with it but cannot find the option, thanks.
wumingsden
This is a screenshot of what you webpage can look like when choosing personalized colours for BETA 2 . As you can see there is nothing particular wrong with it here:


However when you look at this image you can see all of the format is all messed up on some websites :



Another (more major) prolem i if you choose your own colours and choose the option "ignore colours/fonts on webpage" then most things will be hidden. For example i am writing this right now in a black background and i cannot see the words that i am writing at all which is kind of difficult. Other missings things include the texts in the buttons, (the submit/preview words, the words in the BB boxes and just about everything else. It is not just this website neither, the images above are hosted at imageShack and on their home page the upload button is completely invisable which also meant that i spent ages clicking everywhere before finding it.
All in all i think the customizing options for BETA 2 are still pretty poor, especiall when yuo can't see what your writing ! I'm going to switch back t using the default options whcih is a shame as i think the customizing of things is really cool Crying or Very sad
demolaynyc
yo where can i download the internet explorer 7 beta file!? i tried looking for it in the microsoft downloads page but it's not there. can anyone give me the link to it? if there isn't any tell me.

***

As far as firefox and IE goes, i prefer internet explorer. I used firefox for a while because my IE kept crashing for some reason, (i found out it was because of the stupid optimum online toolbar), i dunno what makes firefox so good is it the tabs? well i prefer IE because it's simple, it blocks pop ups with google toolbar and it's fast. When i go to myspace or some other websites firefox doesn't display it well. it looks like the codes are messed up when it's fine in IE. So i cant wait when IE 7 comes out.
wumingsden
demolaynyc wrote:
yo where can i download the internet explorer 7 beta file!? i tried looking for it in the microsoft downloads page but it's not there. can anyone give me the link to it? if there isn't any tell me.

***

As far as firefox and IE goes, i prefer internet explorer. I used firefox for a while because my IE kept crashing for some reason, (i found out it was because of the stupid optimum online toolbar), i dunno what makes firefox so good is it the tabs? well i prefer IE because it's simple, it blocks pop ups with google toolbar and it's fast. When i go to myspace or some other websites firefox doesn't display it well. it looks like the codes are messed up when it's fine in IE. So i cant wait when IE 7 comes out.


The direct download link is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=58957
alkady
IE 7 is still a bit back, Microsoft had like what, 11 Years nearly to make IE something while firefox is barely 10 years old. Yet they out done, Out smarted and out witted Microsoft. So I guess Firefox is the right pick. Plus no matter what anything Microsoft will have major bugs. The problem with them is they care about the money. Having the most advance thing on earth is something, But yet have major flaws is something else. It cannot coexist. Being 100 years ahead of everyone, Big deal with major flaws it can take you back to the stone ages or just be a burden to the pockets.
Jazz
Have any of you heard that there is a new browser called Thunderbird out i think it looks a bit like it is just like Firefox, but i havent tried it i've just seen the logo. Laughing
alkady
demolaynyc wrote:
yo where can i download the internet explorer 7 beta file!? i tried looking for it in the microsoft downloads page but it's not there. can anyone give me the link to it? if there isn't any tell me.

***

As far as firefox and IE goes, i prefer internet explorer. I used firefox for a while because my IE kept crashing for some reason, (i found out it was because of the stupid optimum online toolbar), i dunno what makes firefox so good is it the tabs? well i prefer IE because it's simple, it blocks pop ups with google toolbar and it's fast. When i go to myspace or some other websites firefox doesn't display it well. it looks like the codes are messed up when it's fine in IE. So i cant wait when IE 7 comes out.


Actually it has to do with the language used to make the web site. Firefox as a community built program, is programmed to be compatitible with the latest web standard while windows is a few years behind since Microsoft doesnt really prioritize on the IE program.
WebSiteGuru
I am definately going over to FireFox for sure. I see the preview. It is basically copycat of FireFox, Opera, and few other browsers out there.

If I am going to use IE7, it because I had been force into using it.
AG007
Wow. I cannot believe what I am reading.
Many people complain about IE.
You know IE is the standard of browsing.
Have you seen how some websites are seen in Firefox. aghhh
You know how many time I have lost trying to remodifing my website so can be seen in Firefox. Just because is becoming a popular browser, many webmaster are braking their heads trying to please both IE and Firefox.

But what I still don't get is If you don't like IE, why don't you download another browser that uses IE as a base. I am using AOL Explorer as we speak, and so far I haven't had no problems!! It has the Tab feature and it is powered by IE engine. And it is the most stable.

There is other browser that have the same IE engine. Like the SBC Yahoo Broswer.
vignesh_natraj
will anybody come out from Firefox
Devil
AG007 wrote:
Wow. I cannot believe what I am reading.
Many people complain about IE.
You know IE is the standard of browsing.
Have you seen how some websites are seen in Firefox. aghhh
You know how many time I have lost trying to remodifing my website so can be seen in Firefox. Just because is becoming a popular browser, many webmaster are braking their heads trying to please both IE and Firefox.

But what I still don't get is If you don't like IE, why don't you download another browser that uses IE as a base. I am using AOL Explorer as we speak, and so far I haven't had no problems!! It has the Tab feature and it is powered by IE engine. And it is the most stable.

There is other browser that have the same IE engine. Like the SBC Yahoo Broswer.


There is also MAxthon which uses IE engine , and has loads of features ,
a_dubDesign
AG007 wrote:
Wow. I cannot believe what I am reading.
Many people complain about IE.
You know IE is the standard of browsing.
Have you seen how some websites are seen in Firefox. aghhh
You know how many time I have lost trying to remodifing my website so can be seen in Firefox. Just because is becoming a popular browser, many webmaster are braking their heads trying to please both IE and Firefox.


I can't believe someone said IE is the standard of browsing. IE is the farthest one can get from standards compliance. If your breaking your head trying to make things look right on FireFox you need to pretty much forget what you know and learn w3c compliant coding.
Devil
a_dubDesign wrote:
AG007 wrote:
Wow. I cannot believe what I am reading.
Many people complain about IE.
You know IE is the standard of browsing.
Have you seen how some websites are seen in Firefox. aghhh
You know how many time I have lost trying to remodifing my website so can be seen in Firefox. Just because is becoming a popular browser, many webmaster are braking their heads trying to please both IE and Firefox.


I can't believe someone said IE is the standard of browsing. IE is the farthest one can get from standards compliance. If your breaking your head trying to make things look right on FireFox you need to pretty much forget what you know and learn w3c compliant coding.


i dont give a crap about w3c , as a webmaster i would support IE , cuz it is nonleach browser , it doesnt cheat me , like opera disguises itself like IE ,

if thier browsers are so good why the heck they identify themselves as IE ,

if they dint use IE name , they would not even able to surf the web properly , Wink
nOScott
i cant wait for it to be done =)
noexes89
Actually, I read some interview with one of the Firefox guys who said that the next version of IE will increase the number of people using their browser. IE 7 will only work on Windows XP, yet many people still use older versions of Windows like 2000 and 98 and aren't willing to upgrade their whole operating system to use a new browser. But the new version will signal that older versions of IE are unsafe, and they will look for alternatives. Which one do you think they will choose?
ABrownBag
I hear that they're gonna discontinue Mac support
z4c.
sorry guys I use Firefox and Opera, so no download for me!
no_face15
I'm actually using Netscape. I tried to download the new Firefox and it was all buggy, and i couldn't get the old version back. It also sucked that you have to mess around with config files in order to get flash working and skin support with it. So i downloaded netscape, with it you can view in ie mode or in firefox mode. Its got lots of cool features too, but it takes more memory than the alternatives, and is loaded with crap when you first put it on too. But besides that i've only had some problems with tab to tab copying, other than that its been alright. I think i'd like to try the ie new beta though.
izcool
I'm a supporter of IE, although many of you will probably jump on me to switch to FireFox. Confused

If no one really knew it, IE is basically the same thing as Windows Explorer, just use it vice versa. Enter "C:\" in the IE address bar and hit enter - guess what ? It brings you to your hard drive. Then enter a website address in Windows Explorer and hit enter - same thing - it's the same program. If you say that IE sucks, then you're saying that Windows Explorer (the entire program that runs your desktop) sucks also. If Windows Explorer isn't running on your computer, you won't be able to see any of your desktop icons, the taskbar, or any of the windows as a matter of a fact. If everyone hates IE, then why don't you guys use Linux since most of you hate Microsoft anyway ?

I know that FireFox includes a lot of tools to help make your computer more safe...blah blah blah. I use Windows XP Professional with SP1 (I don't believe in the updates that Microsoft made with SP2) but I found good tools on the Internet that keep my computer safe enough. It's been said that if you have SP1 and keep up with all of the other updates, then you're just about at the same level as you are with SP2.

It's just like trying to compare one car with another. Saying that one includes better stuff with it and makes it "safer". You can have an older and cheaper car, but you will need to get the necessary updates to make it just as good as the next. Such as adding an alarm system.

If no one can recall that Microsoft went upon a huge court case about including IE with Windows with Windows 98 (95 maybe ?) where Netscape was trying to compete with their Internet browser. All of that is done and over with and Microsoft is trying to compete still with the Internet market. How else can Microsoft make IE different than mimmicking how some other browsers look ? They're trying to make other people be aware that there are other options around that include different features, and Microsoft is trying to regain that with redesigning IE a little bit.

Don't know if you guys know this - but some companies (like Internet service providers) do not provide support for open-sourced browsers like FireFox, they only provide support for closed-sourced browsers like IE and Netscape.

Yes, I have used FireFox and I don't enjoy surfing the Internet with that kind of a browser. IE is fine for me.

My rant ends here.

- Mike.
mengshi200
We should appreciate fireworks and other browser.because without them ,Microsoft can not take a action so fast.competition always benefit to consumer.
chihouse
Is the new Internet Explorer good?I want to try it.
What is the different between new IE and old IE?
crdowner
So far I like IE 7 beta 2 preview. I have lots of friends/co-workers that prefer FireFox to IE. There are two things about FireFox that I like - tabbed browsing and quick, easy updates. IE 7 adds tabbed browsing and like it or not, many websites ONLY work with IE so I use IE as my primary browser.

I know that IE is not fully w3c compliant. My website is w3c compliant and it looks much better in IE than in FireFox.

I also know that Microsoft adds new features much quicker when they have competition. I am glad FireFox gained so much in popularity. It forced Microsoft to "catch up".

The new tab preview function is nice and I like the x on each tab. It makes closing a tab easier than the single x on the right side offered by FireFox.

I too was surprised that the default search engine is Google. I can't imagine why Microsoft would not use MSN Search as the default.

It has been said before but I am going to say it again - most Microsoft software is not less secure than other software it is just targeted more. When you are number 1, everyone makes you a target. If/when someone else takes the lead, more issues will be found for them and more hackers will target them.
sssg
a men 2 dat mi brotha i don reeli care bout tha browser but more tha software on my comp and there is nuthing rong with just the ussual ie6 coz its been out for like 5 yrs and its good and i tried firefox and the day i got it i had like 5 errors on different things that ie6 dont get and it tends 2 be slower and i did an experiment so shove that up ur *** yeh and wateva u r all nerds lol and i like marijuana peace
sssg
Today at RSA, Bill Gates talked about Internet Explorer 7. As the guy responsible for IE, I wanted to say a couple of things about it.

First, some basics: we’re committing to deliver a new version of Internet Explorer for Windows XP customers. Betas of IE7 will be available this summer. This new release will build on the work we did in Windows XP SP2 and (among other things) go further to defend users from phishing as well as deceptive or malicious software.

Why? Because we listened to customers, analysts, and business partners. We heard a clear message: “Yes, XP SP2 makes the situation better. We want more, sooner. We want security on top of the compatibility and extensibility IE gives us, and we want it on XP. Microsoft, show us your commitment.”

I think of today’s announcement as a clear statement back to our customers: “Hey, Microsoft heard you. We’re committing.”

Why are we talking about it today? Because our customers and partners have asked us, with increasing urgency, what our plans are. We want to convey our intentions to our customers and partners clearly and in a timely way.

I’ve gotten questions about the ship date. Yes, we have a date in mind. I’ll talk about the date after we get feedback from customers and partners. We’re going to release a beta and listen, then refresh the beta and listen some more. We’ll ship when the product is ready.

I’ve also gotten questions about support for Windows 2000. Right now, we’re focused on XP SP2. We’re actively listening to our major Windows 2000 customers about what they want and comparing that to the engineering and logistical complexity of that work. That’s all I can say on that topic.

Please know that the IE team is working hard. We’re eager to improve and better secure the web experience for the hundreds of millions of IE users around the world. We delivered on our part of XP SP2. We are actively delivering on our part of a great 64-bit Windows client. We continue to deliver on security updates for customers (across several versions of IE (back to IE 5.01) and Windows). We’re going to deliver on IE7.

Dean
mu4eva
I dont think IE will ever be better than Mozilla. Mozilla will keep improving and kick IE's butt
hangnhu
I'm using internet Explorer 7 right now, it doesn't seem much different to 6 or 5, if it is, I don't really notice. I didn't like my experience with yahoo Beta anyway, so I doulb I like Beta much or Fire Fox
Saw the FF window anyway it just much better design in terms of looks
whether it all better, isn't it all about the connection, dial up or broadband and the speed of the connection????
bombadil314
I would rate it 8/10 considering it is a beta version and hence is supposed to have some bugs.

Microsoft also cares more about new features instead of about bugs. Why? Because average Joe doesn't really care about them, rather about what he is able to do with it.

And about all the bugs. Windows/IE is run on almost every computer in the whole world. It needs to be compatible with every sound card, mouse, printer, ... If you put Linux on your computer, it can happen that half of the devices won't work. And who cares? It's free. And you won't get much support on a linux forum.

Also, Window loads a program most of the time to the same location in the RAM. If there is a problem in the memory, the program might crash and cause a blue screen. The user will blame Windows for being buggy. In the case of Linux, the user will get a segfault and the program will crash or something similar. Of course this won't be called a bug. Wink

Firefox also crashes on a lot of computers and generates a lot of problems for some people. If 95% of the people would use Firefox most hackers/malware would rather target that browser and FF would be less secure than Internet Explorer - even though the code might be a bit more secure. If it would be installed on 95% of the computers it would also cause a lot of crashes on all kind of situations and combinations of hardware/software.

Please remember that all Windows patches/software are tested on those platforms and combinations of software. That's why it takes so long for patches to be released. Firefox and other open source product aren't doing this.
bombadil314
Today at RSA, Bill Gates talked about Internet Explorer 7. As the guy responsible for IE, I wanted to say a couple of things about it.

First, some basics: we’re committing to deliver a new version of Internet Explorer for Windows XP customers. Betas of IE7 will be available this summer. This new release will build on the work we did in Windows XP SP2 and (among other things) go further to defend users from phishing as well as deceptive or malicious software.

Why? Because we listened to customers, analysts, and business partners. We heard a clear message: “Yes, XP SP2 makes the situation better. We want more, sooner. We want security on top of the compatibility and extensibility IE gives us, and we want it on XP. Microsoft, show us your commitment.”

I think of today’s announcement as a clear statement back to our customers: “Hey, Microsoft heard you. We’re committing.”

Why are we talking about it today? Because our customers and partners have asked us, with increasing urgency, what our plans are. We want to convey our intentions to our customers and partners clearly and in a timely way.

I’ve gotten questions about the ship date. Yes, we have a date in mind. I’ll talk about the date after we get feedback from customers and partners. We’re going to release a beta and listen, then refresh the beta and listen some more. We’ll ship when the product is ready.

I’ve also gotten questions about support for Windows 2000. Right now, we’re focused on XP SP2. We’re actively listening to our major Windows 2000 customers about what they want and comparing that to the engineering and logistical complexity of that work. That’s all I can say on that topic.

Please know that the IE team is working hard. We’re eager to improve and better secure the web experience for the hundreds of millions of IE users around the world. We delivered on our part of XP SP2. We are actively delivering on our part of a great 64-bit Windows client. We continue to deliver on security updates for customers (across several versions of IE (back to IE 5.01) and Windows). We’re going to deliver on IE7.

Dean
wumingsden
Fount a bug in the BETA version. No matter what you cannot search the history of the sites that you want to visit, can't complain though, everything else is fine (for now) Very Happy
dan751
I kinda liked the interface of IE7 (BETA 1), and I don't know whether or not the interface has changed between the two BETAs and also, I don't think I'm going to upgrade because I love my firefox.Very Happy I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.Wink. But if if they already found a security hole in it, then there's no point in me upgrading right now. Besides, Microsoft coulld never beat Firefox's extensability and skinablity.Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
kailash
firefox is still better...cuz i have beta 2 and the major improvement in ie 7 is tabs and phishing protection...but its annoying..
riv_
Where can I get more info on IE7? When is it do for final release?
I guess I have a bunch of questions, but I'm not up for a long-term trial of a beta version... I don't have time to deal with a lot of bugs and security holes.
But I do a lot with CSS, and want to know how the new version is going to change my markup. Someone said earlier that the new version's CSS support is still less than satisfactory... but I'd really like more details.
If someone could point me towards some more information, reviews etc., I'd be thankful.
I mostly use Firefox myself, but I run IE and Opera as well. I'll try out IE7 a little closer to the due date for final release...
W3C standards mean a lot to me. IE just doesn't measure up, so far. Rolling Eyes
Reaper
I just downloaded IE7 and so far its nice, I have encountered a few glitchs here and there, like in IE6 pages that used bright colors didn't blind you, Also some text in IE7 appears to be blurred but im hoping that they will fix some of the text blur, unless those are smudges on my monitor that is Smile
But other then that its good so far, also I have used the all powerful fire fox and I dont really like it, it screws up alot of the webpages you go to plain and simple.
Also IE7 could do with a bigger browser bar or W/e you call it, its way to small.
Dark_Jedi06
I'll have to give this a shot...

I don't think it will break me away from Opera, though. Wink
zjosie729
I don't seem to be able to download it?! Sad
pacslim
I really like this public beta of internet explorer and i agree with bondings it looks more slick like a .pdf reader. I'm glad my website is compatible with it and also my feeds are after a night working on em have a look also u can add and customize it trough its menu so that the classic bars also show up like file ect

overal i give it a 7/10 because im still using it firefox not it prefecthes ect i like this allready more Arrow later on when i used it a lil longer i will write a whole review about it and its functions here as a reply, ... Wink
edallica
i wont be trying out IE7 till vista comes out. it seems that theXP version is just a stop gap until vista comes out with a completely different IE7 preinstalled. i really think using a beta browser is a waste of time. unless you're a devloper whats the point in setting yourself up for possible attack?

there are two different versions of IE7 the public beta, and the one that is incased in the vista beta. from my understanding, there are some major differences between the two.

i think that MS have thot they need to get a product out so that people stay with IE and dont shift to firefox. but i dont think that the real BIG changes in IE can be carried out unless its inbedded in a different operating system. MS's plan is just to keep people happy with a new toy until they can actually sort out the problem...

is everyone happy with their new toy?
edallica
izcool wrote:
I'm a supporter of IE, although many of you will probably jump on me to switch to FireFox. Confused

If no one really knew it, IE is basically the same thing as Windows Explorer, just use it vice versa. Enter "C:\" in the IE address bar and hit enter - guess what ? It brings you to your hard drive. Then enter a website address in Windows Explorer and hit enter - same thing - it's the same program. If you say that IE sucks, then you're saying that Windows Explorer (the entire program that runs your desktop) sucks also. If Windows Explorer isn't running on your computer, you won't be able to see any of your desktop icons, the taskbar, or any of the windows as a matter of a fact. If everyone hates IE, then why don't you guys use Linux since most of you hate Microsoft anyway ?

I know that FireFox includes a lot of tools to help make your computer more safe...blah blah blah. I use Windows XP Professional with SP1 (I don't believe in the updates that Microsoft made with SP2) but I found good tools on the Internet that keep my computer safe enough. It's been said that if you have SP1 and keep up with all of the other updates, then you're just about at the same level as you are with SP2.

It's just like trying to compare one car with another. Saying that one includes better stuff with it and makes it "safer". You can have an older and cheaper car, but you will need to get the necessary updates to make it just as good as the next. Such as adding an alarm system.

If no one can recall that Microsoft went upon a huge court case about including IE with Windows with Windows 98 (95 maybe ?) where Netscape was trying to compete with their Internet browser. All of that is done and over with and Microsoft is trying to compete still with the Internet market. How else can Microsoft make IE different than mimmicking how some other browsers look ? They're trying to make other people be aware that there are other options around that include different features, and Microsoft is trying to regain that with redesigning IE a little bit.

Don't know if you guys know this - but some companies (like Internet service providers) do not provide support for open-sourced browsers like FireFox, they only provide support for closed-sourced browsers like IE and Netscape.

Yes, I have used FireFox and I don't enjoy surfing the Internet with that kind of a browser. IE is fine for me.

My rant ends here.

- Mike.



windows explorer and IE are not the same program. they are very intimatelyrelated, and thats why it causes so many problems but the are NOT the same program.

NOWHERE should be advising that you should not install the secruity updates MS sends out. you are basically sitting with a hole in your ship. no respectable security forum on the planet suggests that you shouldnt get security updates.

IE6 is not a safe browser:FACT.
nealio1000
i have it. the look is cool but it is still quite buggy. sadly ftp doesn't work. the extra tab feature like in firefox is cool though

Dont install it!!! you can't go back!!
shigajet
I recently checked out the preview of IE 7, but for the moment I'll stick with Firefox. Once the final release is out, I'll give it a whirl and see how it fares.
haris3
I have always been a fan of the PC and everything that came with the pc. I never used to like macs. I have never tiried firefox. Always have used Internet Explorer. The new 7 should be interesting. IE 6 was almost the same as IE 5. Im hopping this one is going to be a little different. When does it come out. The real version.
McWilson
I think it's a good beta version there is only one problem:
windval
McWilson wrote:
I think it's a good beta version there is only one problem:


er~~

I THINK it is quite smart

may be i will use it
Reaper
If your refering to the blank space that they dont use to the right of the tab button then that is used man when you open up more windows. If not then please clarify what you mean a bit more then a pointing red arrow.......
wumingsden
Reaper wrote:
If your refering to the blank space that they dont use to the right of the tab button then that is used man when you open up more windows. If not then please clarify what you mean a bit more then a pointing red arrow.......


They do mean this so its obvious that they've never had more than one tabbed window open before. To everyone thats saying that the link doesn't work, check my posts before this, in it is the direct download link.
Lacerate-
It seems to be a nice update to Internet Explorer but like all microsoft products it has it glitches/bugs/holes like has already been mentioned over and over again its probably like a 99.9% chance any microsoft product has a bug which most programs has but microsoft being in the position they are and having the technology they should almost be able to guarantee no security flaws. Almost was mentioned that everyone loves to mess with Microsoft so everyone is looking for that leak in security.
fragment
Noo. Damn those explorers. I like opera and its doubtless the best browser in the world! Mmm...mouse-gestures! Go opera!
nuGFX
i love the new IE, but yes the beta has some problems, i found that some forum html editors dont work, and a couple other "small" errors. Im pretty sure that itll be fixed and will change alot of opinions about IE. Me personally wont download firefox again after trying the beta. I just used that to view transparent .png images but now that IE7 supports them, adds a phishing filter, and tabbed browsing, RSS and all that from a update that will be required in the future Microsoft updates, why waste the drive space on firefox
picsite
wow it seems pretty cool....i still think firefox is better for now
cnotation
I've installed it, and looks way like a PDF reader. I miss the classic 'File | Edit | View |whatever' menu bar, and it feels weird being unable to download a webpage. It takes away some control you used to have as a user. That's bad.

The tabbing system looks more like Opera's one than to Firefox's one. Cool.

It has PNG alpha blending support. Cool.

It has some protecting measures and its sandboxing works pretty fine. Cool.

It doesn't have SVG rendering support. That's bad. It's not that much job at allto bundle the svg plugin with the installation package.

No simple plugin developing nor managing means. That's bad. COM objects and BHO's aren't what I'm looking for here.

Fails miserably the ACID2 test. I mean, it's not like it misses some spots or misplaces a segment of the test. It fails miserably. Check this out (it's a capture of IE7 on the test) and then see this (it's a capture of Firefox on the test) and then this-capture of the test on Opera-.

Its anti-phishing wizard is annoying, and I'm not comfy at all with it sending urls to Microsoft whenever it finds that pleasant. I want control over that.

Summarizing my user experience:

Good stuff: 3 -tabs, PNG alpha, foolproof basic security measures-
Bad stuff:5 -no File | whatever toolbar, no SVG support, no real extensibility, annoying filters, totally fu**ed up CSS support -
Neutral /*you can disagree all you want, it's just my opinion*/: 1. -I can't find how to leave the anti-phishing filter active while deactivating it's url-sending behavior-
As a first approach, it's not bad, but it could be WAY better, considering it's practically rewritten from scratch.


No matter how wonderful it is, if it doesn't have an open plugin architecture I just won't use it for surfing, though I could consider putting it on my reference-browsers-list when I develop something.

..............................................................

I agree
musikrocks
on my old homepage i have maked a survey about it!! The achievement: only 27 people used the internet explorer and 67 people used the firefox!! I also used the firefox, because (i think you know it but,) it is saver and faster than internte explorer and secondly the design is much better!!! Wink
ldnet
internet explorer sucks, any version they release will suck. 2 buggy and all that, i scanned my firefox with a site i have and no vulnerabilities found on my firefox browser, now when i scan IE(with all sec updates) it finds some, so i stick with firefox from now on. Microsoft just sux at what they do now.

FIREFOX ROX!!!!!!!
blcklude97
^^^i second that firefox rules


They have a new internet explorer out i didn't know that did you know they have a microsoft windows beta now too?
ldnet
lmao blcklude97, really i didnt, microsoft sux, i hope they loose all their sales and go bankrupt soon. im also switching to LINUX as it rox 2
blcklude97
i surport xbox though i'm all for that 100% i'm big on xbox live. I play madden a crap load but ya i didn't know they made a new IE and truely it does not matter to me because i don't use it i'm loyal to firefox i was introduced to firefox about 6 months ago and will never return to IE. I do like some of the screen shots of the new IE though it looks flashy and newer which is always a plus because old IE is just boring and looks plain.
ABurja
I Prefer Opera
Shake
Wow! IE 7? I never dreamt IE would have tabs, but how is the security? Is this more stable than Firefox? Does or will it ever support extensions or themes? Extensions are what really drive people towards Firefox. After you start using it, you can't stop. There are so many great extensions out there that become a necessity. It isn't all about luxury IE users, but it truely is and always has been about convenience. By coincedence, Firefox has always seemed luxurious compared to IE. Can Microsoft make a come-back? Is it such a good thing that they be making a new browser? Judging by their other projects, I can't say that this will be such a good thing. There are a large number of people using Microsoft products, and Microsoft, being the target of many threats, doesn't seem like the place to go.

Edit: Downloaded, installed, tried, hated. This browser does look good. They finally got a new graphics artist it seems, and brought the browser up to the 21st century. They may be trying to make their browser look better with the new Vista/Longhorn skins being released for various skinning programs such as Windowblinds/Style XP. However, even this forum's text does not wrap correctly, and I've already seen a few bugs in the 4 minutes I used it. I'm going to keep using Firefox because I like the customizable interfaces and the extra features that have become a necessity. I was also turned off when I first tried Firefox (at the time I was using Avant Browser), but after downloading it, and trying it a third and fourth time, I grew to like it. I've used it ever since. Firefox has played a small part in turning me into a memory intensive, ram sucking machine, but at least I'm happy. I don't trust Microsoft, and I'm sure they will live up to their reputation. The complete lack of extensions, themes, toolbars, shortcut menus, and an updater has me baffled. It seems Microsoft is going old school. IE 7 lacks more in the features department than IE 6. I prefer any other browser at this point in time.
Reaper
blcklude97 wrote:
i surport xbox though i'm all for that 100% i'm big on xbox live. I play madden a crap load but ya i didn't know they made a new IE and truely it does not matter to me because i don't use it i'm loyal to firefox i was introduced to firefox about 6 months ago and will never return to IE. I do like some of the screen shots of the new IE though it looks flashy and newer which is always a plus because old IE is just boring and looks plain.


The new IE does not look flashy, its just well designed is all. Personally there are two things fire fox is good for, eating up computer space, and putting flashly shit on it in order to distract you from what you were doing in the first place.
And you play madden a lot? well thats not somthing to be impressed with, maby I would be if it was not for two things, the first is one goddam guy has complete rights to it so he basicly has a monopoly over the entire foot ball series. The second of course is quite simple, ITs the same pissing game, only diference is they hit the delete hey on 2005 and type 2006, add in some new players, re-design how the menus look and call it a new foot ball game.
Also musikrocks its not prounounced "The firefox!!" its plain and simple fire fox, your way of writing it only makes fire fox seem more important even though its not. Also 67 people who visited your site on firefox and only 27 on internet explorer huh?? so 94 people total visited your site?? keep in mind that most of those 67 Fire fox users were probably your close friends or their friends who most likely also use fire fox, and I'm pretty sure that most of those Fire fox voters voted more then once seeing most people can't set up a poll correctly so people can only vote once. So your pole was basicly bias from the beggining.
grimcss
8/10 it takes a while to get used to because i use firefox but it pretty good its quite easy to use it i like it
thiamshui
i dun tink it will b 'secure'.. IE is widely used and attracts lots of hackers hu want to exploit it..
splitroom
I'm now with Ie7 beta 2 and I like it it is better than previus versions. There are some very useful extras like phishing filter and automatic website checking. It's not only good looking it's more secure and one good feature that I note is blocking the pop-ups which I hate. All the functions and buttons which we don't use so often are hided, so the browser is simple and functional. I like the favorities and history menu and the tabs for every site you are viewing although it is not so good for people with slower machines. I note some bugs and errors but don't forget it is a beta version so I hope that there won't be bugs in the final release. I gave it 9/10 but without bugs I think it deserves 10 Smile
dubbelklik
Devil wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Sorry, just kidding, I know how much of a difference a good driver can make in a car that's going to explode anyway... Shocked


So u think that ur smart Shocked just cuz u use another browser ?

my pc is very secured , i have 2 firewalls running , antivirus , not to mention other popup blockers , and pc security softwares , which dont allow any script to install without my permissons,

plus i have system guard always on , plus antispyware and adware removers ,

U people must be depending on ur browsers for security . but not me ,

and what the heck even if ur browser was safe there are many other ways to get ur pc screwed , so i dont really understand why u people make a big deal about it Confused


Security is nice, but I want to use my PC to work, surf, etc. instead of loading it full with tools to prevent evil things.

If you are carefull about the websites you visit, the software you install and other things you do with you PC, you don't have to fill to the roof with security software.
gonzo
Bondings wrote:
but it will definately stop the big flux to FF once the final version is released.


You mean more people will "use it" simply because just as before it'll be integrated into the latest MS OS of the day, right?

Wow, big accomplishment. What if Firefox were also installed. Which would users choose to use more often?
daywalker
I'll be trying this out soon, but whether IE7 is safe or not, I have no intention of getting rid of opera 8.5 any time soon.
dragonduke
Unfortunately MS has hurt me too often with IE6. SO much that i lunged at opera and hugged Firefox. Still, its on my OS since SOMETIMES sites still dont load correctly on FF. But, that goes to say, i will give IE7 a spin when the final version is released, and also when my download cap is removed.
toronja
IE7 Is still the same shit of ever.
Just change to Mozilla Firefox.

Microsoft has been copying everything from DoS and windows XP.
Saludos,
aardvark
Well I've moved back to IE from Firefox for the time being. It is so much faster for one thing. I also rather like the new cleaner user interface.
Reaper
I'm disappointed to say that there are some compatibuilty problems with IE7 and mcafee anti virus....... Anyone know when they are going to release the newest update for IE7 because at the moment I dont have a virus protector..........
cjtreid
I have found that there are LOADS of bugs in IE 7 beta

It keeps having to close due to an 'unexpected error'
dorebase2006
I don't like IE ! I like Firefox ! IE isnot very safe and very good even in this newest version ! It doesn't protect us from hacker, virus, worm,... !
futuredragonnn
I think IE 7 is a minor upgrade but still it's better than nothing at all. Many internet technologies have been introduced in the past three years, and none of these new features have been incorporated into IE. What a shame for the biggest software giant on the planet!!! I really think that IE deserves more attention from Microsoft because the Internet is a growing community, and users simply want something safe and easy.
skaterm
Thanks for the link, I haven't heard about it yet.

How long ago did IE7 come out?

Any good new features included with it?

Right now I use FireFox mainly, but I also use IE once in awhile.

I thought IE6 was the last of the IE's?
bluedragon
skaterm wrote:
I thought IE6 was the last of the IE's?


As if Microsoft would give up that easily! They only stopped developing IE for Macs, which is probably fine by most Mac users. They have Safari. Smile

I think IE7 is ugly ... and cluttered. Windows Vista doesn't look real pretty either. Next computer I buy will probably be a Mac or will run Linux. Microsoft is just ... ugly.
NPMPS5c
it's a really good try, but i'm not switching from Firefox. The new IE's not like office 12, when it should be; Errors are always reported. Why should it be? Why not ignore the errors and display like a normal webpage? My popup slider worked in Firefox so good that it...... well............ displayed but IE gave me 20 errors of "object expected" and ""{" missing". Microsoft has tried, but he never get it right. I wonder then it gets better.
gazzar
I have tried ie7 and i like the layout and features but it messed up my lan network so i am sticking to firefox just now
ccarter24
I'll stick with Internet Explorer because firefox won't find the porxy server at work. What's wrong with Microsoft anyway? I always hear people bashing Microsoft. But if it's so bad, why hasn't Linux or Unix taken it over as the main OS? I've always wondered that, but haven't asked it before. Microsoft is good enough for me.
shollaA
I've been trying out the "New Improved" IE 7 beta and its not bad at all. However, it refuses to load some sites: www.download.com, loaded half way. Then for whatever reasons, it crashes occassionally. However, if Microsoft can get it to work, I may dump Firefox for it. Firefox hugs memory... yuck!
zuriel
After using Firefox for a while I would never go back to IE. The main reason is the extensions that firefox has. they make my life so much easier. I'm running adblock plus to take care of all the banners, noscript to make sure that java doesn't run unless it is a site I trust, flashblock to get rid of those annoying macromedia flash banners that adblack doesn't get, greasemonkey to just make browsing easier on certain sites and spellbound so that my spelling doesn't suck as much as it should.

firefox just pwns IE, there is nothing microsoft could do to make me go back.
Atti
zuriel wrote:
After using Firefox for a while I would never go back to IE. The main reason is the extensions that firefox has. they make my life so much easier. I'm running adblock plus to take care of all the banners, noscript to make sure that java doesn't run unless it is a site I trust, flashblock to get rid of those annoying macromedia flash banners that adblack doesn't get, greasemonkey to just make browsing easier on certain sites and spellbound so that my spelling doesn't suck as much as it should.

firefox just pwns IE, there is nothing microsoft could do to make me go back.



I'm agreeing with you. Internet Explorer 7's Interface (though its still beta) honestly is horrible. They removed the simple refresh/stop/homepage buttons like they used to have. In all honesty, I downloaded it two days ago, and my parents couldn't figure out how to use it. BAD MOVE MS. My parents might not be the brightest spoons in the drawer, but they know how to use computers fairly well. On the other hand, IE7 supports newer things such as transparent png's. Razz

IMO IE6 > IE7B2
smalls
The bottom line is:
I already have Firefox, so I'm not going to bother with an unstable IE that clearly is trying to copy firefox.
Once it's stable I'll upgrade my IE6 to IE7, but only because in a world of near domination by Microsoft, I occasionally come across a need for IE.
dennispater
I don't like the new one. It looks to much at FireFox. What if you change IE into FF you got FireFox. ha ha. But IE give me a lot of problems and now a day i use FireFox and if they want to imitate FF be my guest but they wont be better then FF. That's my opinion. I do you think it crazy to say the view has improved from the new IE. I like it, but i wont change back (DOT)

Give me FireFox instead.
Greets Dennis
bluedragon
ccarter24 wrote:
I'll stick with Internet Explorer because firefox won't find the porxy server at work. What's wrong with Microsoft anyway? I always hear people bashing Microsoft. But if it's so bad, why hasn't Linux or Unix taken it over as the main OS?


$$$ and CTRL

Microsoft pays computer manufacturers to put it on their systems and endorse it.

Linux/Unix is more stable and has a large development community, many of whom like to keep everything open source and free for ethical reasons.

Does that sound like M$?
Indyan
It is good that Ms is improving, but from the list of features that I have seen, it is still behind other browsers.So I will stick to Opera
sovkipe
Firefox Forever Very Happy
repnosis
I use firefox,,, would anyone suggest moving back to IE or should i stick with this
Josso
Hmmm that doesn't make sense. Sorry if this was mentioned (I don't have time to read the 5 pages). Why would IE default search engine be google when Bill Gates is already really scared about Google being too popular and super-power-ish. Is google default for this IE? I can't remember.
Bengt
The first Microsoft product that wont suck will be a vacuum cleaner. Laughing
calva
Hello to all of you here debating. I read about releasing this beta version, but I can't try it on my PC because I only have linux here.. But I can see that people are trying it out so maybe I'll try it at school. Nevertheless, I got used to both opera (faster for me, mainly due to my slow PC Smile and includes everything necessary, I think..) and firefox (I love those extensions enhancing browsing for me; actually, do you have your favourite extension? Smile) Nice day to you
R2.DETARD
my mom got jipped by the bastards who sold her the family computer and so the windows XP key is a fake, therefore no official MS software can be downloaded (incl. IE7). i switched her to FF then and there.

microsoft has screwed this one up, because it isn't giving it out unrestricted and the competitor is a lot better anyway.

i have tried it and i give it a 6 compared to FF's 8 (would be a 10, but it doesn't like PHPBB for some reason...)
calva
smalls wrote:
The bottom line is:
I already have Firefox, so I'm not going to bother with an unstable IE that clearly is trying to copy firefox.
Once it's stable I'll upgrade my IE6 to IE7, but only because in a world of near domination by Microsoft, I occasionally come across a need for IE.


I agree, sometimes you need IE because there are some pages which only are correctly showed in IE.. but there is such an extension in FF, to open a link in IE, now even in a new card which behaves as IE..
barkman
The short and sweet of this is that Microsoft is trying to stay in the game. A buggy beta is at least a promise not to abandon their product altogether. I'm a fickle user and will switch to a browser if it suits my needs. That having been said, Microsoft will have to do better than match Firefox for me to switch. I know the Firefox team is going to continue working, but Microsoft could decide to disappear for another couple of years.
smalls
calva wrote:

I agree, sometimes you need IE because there are some pages which only are correctly showed in IE.. but there is such an extension in FF, to open a link in IE, now even in a new card which behaves as IE..

What extension? Now you have my attention!
barkman
smalls wrote:
What extension? Now you have my attention!


IE View Lite is a Firefox extension that will let you right click and open a page in IE.
calva
smalls wrote:
calva wrote:

I agree, sometimes you need IE because there are some pages which only are correctly showed in IE.. but there is such an extension in FF, to open a link in IE, now even in a new card which behaves as IE..

What extension? Now you have my attention!


well, here they are:) "IE View" and "IE Tab". What a pity you have to have IE installed (you know, I'm runnig under linux Smile)
Reaper
Josso wrote:
Hmmm that doesn't make sense. Sorry if this was mentioned (I don't have time to read the 5 pages). Why would IE default search engine be google when Bill Gates is already really scared about Google being too popular and super-power-ish. Is google default for this IE? I can't remember.

When I downloaded it, (then uninstalled it due to the fact it turned off all of my security systems) the default search engine was Msns search engine but you can set allmost any engine as a default engine, exept for ask jeeves because that search engine sucks in the first place.
barkman
Pardon the pun, but now that I've tried the new IE, I think they have a ways to go. I don't like the text. Maybe that's just me, but they have some work ahead of them.
smalls
barkman and calva,
Thanks guys!! I'll give those extensions a try.
sidewinder
Well I dont think IE will win over fox or opera simply bcoz they are much faster than IE....More feature..more security
Sir Vossy
I have never liked IE, because it usally makes me have to restart all my pc and then i loose everything which isnt good for me, but i like mozilla firefox because it seems to make my websites load faster and then it has never made me have problems like IE did with me
LA Ridge
Microsoft Rules!

Best American Company EVER!

I don't care what you say or what you argue about it, they ROCK! Microsoft has done more for the average computer user then ALL companies combined. Go ahead and bitch about how bad they are, but let me say that I bet that pirated copy of Windows sure works good... lol

A browser is a browser, and they all have problems. I use Firefox sure, have since early Mozilla days. It's because I like it and like supporting open source, not because Microsoft is bad.
jaf724
It has been my experience that people like what they first use. They become comfortable with it and know how to navigate. Anything else is hard to use adn uncomfortable. This makes it hard to be completely objective about features.
madamex-7
i read the review on one of the wired blogs for IE7 beta. and am not impressed at all.
really, i think that there is only one browser that can even hold a candle to firefox. and that is opera. and even with its crazy features, i still find firefox to be my primary browser. because it just works.
R2.DETARD
Firefox isn't very compatible with accessing my FTP servers and PhpBB, with firefox, compatibility is a small, but key issue. But at least with firefox you can write and make it adapt to your needs rather than for the average microsoft consumer (soccermom's). That is why open source is so popular as well.
tony
I find it amusing microsoft does not intend to make ie7 acid2 css compatible.

http://www.mezzoblue.com/i/articles/28july2005-acid2ie7.png
**Timbuk2**
I downloaded this yesterday

It isn't too bad (I'm not a great fan of Microsoft myself)

I feel like it is copying Firefox though every time I use it, but then you could argue the Firefox is copying Opera Smile

IE7 is a bit buggy at the moment, because it has difficulty with some web-forms and that, but apart from that, it has a nicer tabbed-browsing experience than Firefox does, because of an X on each tab and all that
kam311
Looks better, but I had some severe compatibilty issues when testing in a Novell environment. Not sure why, didn't have time to research it. Guess thats why they call it a beta version...
superwrestler06
Explore will never be a top of the line browser. It will always have problems becouse it is developed by microsoft. I use firefox and I love it.
{name here}
LA Ridge wrote:
Microsoft Rules!

Best American Company EVER!

I don't care what you say or what you argue about it, they ROCK! Microsoft has done more for the average computer user then ALL companies combined. Go ahead and bitch about how bad they are, but let me say that I bet that pirated copy of Windows sure works good... lol

A browser is a browser, and they all have problems. I use Firefox sure, have since early Mozilla days. It's because I like it and like supporting open source, not because Microsoft is bad.

http://microsuck.com/
enlighten yourself. there are better things called alternatives.
IE, as my friend Nek pointed out in another forum, probably announced features that are already present in every other browser. Microsoft can make total peice of crap software and get away with it because they have a reputation. People will probably never see the light and go for far more stable and capable operating systems such as FreeBSD, eComStation, and Linux.
minb2215
IE, whatever version it is, would never be able to compete with Firefox. Even if there is a lot of improvements.

I always use Firefox, and when i got to go back to IE 6 due to an error of %20 in one of my proggrams, it was about 10 times slower and plus, it bugged the first time. I cannot believe that some people could doubt about fantastic Mozilla software.

I am truely insulted of this forum.

Grrrrrr all you that uses IE and that ignore his brother, Firefox!

Evil or Very Mad
vicskyline
Firefox and IE are both great, but think about it. Yesterday it was IE, today its firefox, tomarrow its...so think about it. Sooner or later Firefox will be as volnurable as IE.
Devil
minb2215 wrote:
IE, whatever version it is, would never be able to compete with Firefox. Even if there is a lot of improvements.

I always use Firefox, and when i got to go back to IE 6 due to an error of %20 in one of my proggrams, it was about 10 times slower and plus, it bugged the first time. I cannot believe that some people could doubt about fantastic Mozilla software.

I am truely insulted of this forum.

Grrrrrr all you that uses IE and that ignore his brother, Firefox!

Evil or Very Mad


if this forum insults u ,then why dont u get lost ! Evil or Very Mad

and all those IE bashers , get a life , first u people say IE doesnt have good features , and now when they are making some ,ur not happy cuz now u wont have anything to blame IE for ,

All firefox users stop ur IE bashing , go home drink milk from ur MAMA and go to sleep , u got to go to school tommorow Very Happy
Xeniczone
I took a shot at looking at windows vista it only runs for 90 days then stops working, and it takes forever to install. I looked at the explorer the new features are quite impressive but I dont think it will stop firefox.
CooL2ZeRo
My opinion is that Mozilla Firefox is the best browser till now, it's so smooth and flexible so you won't have problems with it. I know that IE is trying to make progresses with the new version, and maybe they will get a nice result against any other browser but against Firefox NO WAY!! Smile They're always one step ahead IE. At least that's my opinion. Thanks.
navadey
with all the (justified) hate to microsoft, i have to admit IE7 is looking good.
yes - they did rip off the good bits from firefox and no - i'm not turning my back on the fox - but you have to admit it's nice looking and functioning, and since firefox still doesn't support everything (or rather, many websites have not optimized themselves to it), it improves life quite a bit. as to holes and problems - well, it's beta, give them a break.

Embarassed
muzz
Firefox is gfetting bigger and bigger, but much more people who are unfamiliar with internet browsers generally use internet explorer because they cannot be bothered downloading firefox, and having to learn it (its simple really)
ettore85a
I'm Italian.. exist a version of IE7 in italian?

Thanx xD
horcri
I can't get used to IE 7. It just looks to weird and the dropdown menu isn't there as defalt. Another problem I have is not being able to move the address bar.
sasuke_u
i am new and i dont understand
Bones
Actually, HTML was around long before IE. I used to code in html for a unix browser called Lynx which was before IE was born.

Personally, I thought that IE7 beta 1 was much better than Beta 2, at least on my pc anyway. I have a couple of problems with B2 (like I cannot strem my tv channels that I get from my ISP even though they use WMP)
Although it worked fine in B1.

Overall I like the new look, and am waiting for the next version of IE7 to see if they made any improvements in the functionality of the browser.
I'll give it 6 out of 10 (probably 8 out of 10 if it worked as good as beta 1)



Devil wrote:
Reiji wrote:


I am not trying to protect Firefox, but Microsoft has always being aking copies of other products already on the market...the good point for them is that they already have a good name to promote their products.
.


HTml was made for IE if i am not wrong ,

IE 7 doesnt have to have all the load of BS other Browsers have ,

what i want is a fast ,secure and simple browser ,

i do not want to debate which is the better browser here , cuz this THread is about IE7 and it should remain that way

All the other FF and opera users try to hijack this thread ,

for once STick to the Topic

Mods please take care of that the Topic remains about IE7 , let users talk abuot IE 7 and not thier other Fav browsers
Bones
IMHO, the only good thing about FF is the search feature. FF's search has IE beat hands down (I am referring to the ctrl-F search feature)
The lack of activeX support make it a perfect browser for internet newbies as they don't have to worry about those malicious controls.



CooL2ZeRo wrote:
My opinion is that Mozilla Firefox is the best browser till now, it's so smooth and flexible so you won't have problems with it. I know that IE is trying to make progresses with the new version, and maybe they will get a nice result against any other browser but against Firefox NO WAY!! Smile They're always one step ahead IE. At least that's my opinion. Thanks.
PoweredDeath
Firefox will never die out becuase once you start using it you can't stop. Plus
IE doesn't have the extensions and themes and firefox will always be a step ahead of Microsoft in terms of features.
Jazz
Firefox is just simply the best i mean like IE is really slow compared to FireFox and IE doesnt have any extensions or anything like that i just think that the new IE will be a bit faster have some little things added and thats all unless they find a way to have extensions, that would be good and by the way IE kept crashing on my computer so i use firefox most of the time now.
Bones
I've heard a lot of people say that Firefox is faster, it must depend on the pc because every pc I have tried it on, IE beats FF in speed easily.
dragonflame
well I just tried ie 7 beta and i still get more pop ups. Firefox stop all my pop ups (well maybe 98%). Also IE DOES use MSN for search, not google. I still like firefox, will all it's plug ins and stuff.
schizolo
Im not like that version its some source unstable Exclamation Exclamation
Much better is good old 6.1 Laughing
Arnie
What 6.1? I didn't get any further than 6.0 SP2. MS usually releases a whole new version, the only 'sub' version I know was 5.5

PS. Something is wrong here. The topic title doesn't say anything about Firefox at all, but a lot of posts don't even mention IE. There's enough topics for members of the cult already, so keep your preaching out of here please? Or is Firefox worship a legitimate reason for going off-topic.
idrather_not
IDK, in my opinon IE sucks whether its version 1 or 7...(beta...2) whatever, you know. It was always crashing on me and with all thoose damn tool bars. They started installing themselves. I don't like Firefox either, IDK why but its just ugly and doesn't have as much stuff as i would want it to have. The perfect browser for me is Opera http://www.opera.com. It has Tabs, themes, Voice, quickfind for over 7 diffrent pages in one search bar and is pretty damn fast.

But hey, thats just me.
PhoenixFanTrailers
Tried it and I will just say one thing. Under Add / Remove Programs make sure the "Show Updates" box is checked so you can remove IE 7.0 Rolling Eyes
dexterius
I don't like Internet Exp. This new version will be nothing new. It's better to use FireFox, Mozilla or Opera Rolling Eyes
Scorpio
Of course, I always go with opera or firefox. They are safe to use.
Using IE6 final version itself would let a 100 bugs into your system
Why risk your head with Betas and Alphas
broadparker
Quote:

Skrevet: Ons Feb 22, 2006 5:58 pm Tittel:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like Internet Exp. This new version will be nothing new. It's better to use FireFox, Mozilla or Opera



Yes, IE may not be the most correct browser, but still most people who surf the net uses it. And if you are a web developer/designer you will always have to make your sites readable in IE. (If you want to be serious)

But firefox is the best Smile
Biodiesel
IE has always been something for people who don't know what the heck they are doing on the internet. The only good thing, if you can even call it that, is that IE works (ha) with windows (chuckling) and is compatable with websites that weren't made for firefox (oh well).
Arnie
Quote:
IE has always been something for people who don't know what the heck they are doing on the internet.
It's not so nice of you to throw so many people on one pile. There are certainly IE users that do know what they're doing, and better yet, that don't get into trouble as well. Also there are Firefox users that get owned anyway, by whatever dumb thing they do (accepting viruses or trojans on IM, for example). Summarized: don't prejudice.

On another note, using Firefox nowadays hardly tells me you're a 'pro'. Most (!) FF users, especially the outspoken ones, are more like the dumb sheep imho. It's not hard to worship FF and bash IE, because everyone does it - and it gives you status as well. Kind of agreeing and being agreed to. But it doesn't make you a pro at all. The whole FF culture is sick.

To use a bash.org quote that we've already seen somewhere else on FH forums: personally it's not Firefox I dislike, it's his fanclub I can't stand.
Soulfire
I'm going to try it. For some reason, I am quite opposed to Fire Fox.
heady233
I've had this beta for a few days now. It is very nice actually. I think I should of used firefox but it just took up so much space on my old 50 GB computer. Now I've got a new one and I haven't downloaded it yet, probally never will.
stinky321
FireFox kicks ass! It has no hope. Even if they have a new version. The bigger part of the viruses are developed for IE. So i don`t get it. They dont have anything to improve too(IE), so why are they doing it Confused funny. I thought that they would start a new browser cause IE sucks.

Thinkin about FF now, that is the perfect browser so IE get out of my sight


Arrow This way plz
adepss1
I'm using both firefox and IE7. I find that with some sites Firefox takes too long to load the page if at all and the same for IE on yet other types of webpages I try to view.
So whenever I encounter a problem with a page I'm trying to access if firefox
isn't accessing the page for me then I that that IE7 will and vice versa.
The best of both worlds.

I do though use thunderbird exclusively for my email, what do you guys think of thunderbird?
Soulfire
Well, to me, IE7 is a faster version of FF. FF, at least for me, has always been slow-loading and laggy, but IE has been quick. I like the tabbed browsing that IE now offers, but when I downloaded the beta, I couldn't download files... I would get a "connection" error or something, that's the only problem I had.
felisleo
in most cases i would say firefox is better than explorer.with the the extension ff has(proxy changer flashgot...) ff is still ahead of ie
cm_mc
that is so hot!! it suppport transparent .png!!! thats pretty cool
cyberngef
The ea7 seems to be alike firefox.
Donutey
IE beta 2 and 1 sort of stopped me from using IE because it freezes so much it's just expedited my move to firefox... although my one gripe with da fox is that the copy and paste feature only works within the program, unlike with IE, where you can copy a picture onto the desktop to save it.

Anybody know if there is a fix?
HL9881
Always beta...

Do you know when have the final version?
vakkiex
if yoy really want to use explorer 7.0 you can better wait for the full en good version of it, a beta version has always a lot off misstakes in the program, its cost you al lot of trobble!
dandan
Is it just me or am I the only one who hates Firefox?
I don't know why but I'm attached to Internet Explorer. I've tried Firefox for over two months but had to delete it because it was seriously annoying me... I guess it's just me. Crying or Very sad
1one1
Is it as good as firefox? Does the pop up blocker actually work on it? I hope so. I'll try it out I guess, I'll post back of my opinions.
arniingi
Im using firefox and the thing I like most about it is the mulitab,
if IE7 wont have that function I will not use it.
rusayub
Both versions ( beta1 & beta2 ) made me dissapointed. IE still needs a lot of resources, it support min of functions. I think it has not future.

As for me, I use opera because of fast and really reliable work.
Related topics
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
Internet Explorer 7 sera mejor ?
Internet Explorer 7 is coming!!!
Anybody tried IE 7 beta?
Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview
Internet Explorer 7 beta, load separate
Necessary evil? Windows defender/IE beta 7 questions.
Internet Explorer 7
Internet Explorer 7 Uninstall Guide
Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 Out!
Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2
Internet Explorer 8 Beta version
Internet Explorer: Can't handle ACID Test?
Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview available for Windows 7
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.