FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Soundtrack

todabeat
I seen there was a topic for good music themes, but we are talking about soundtracks.
I gotto to say that if you love rock, well , actually metal. the
Queen of the Damned soundtrack is probably the best you will find around. i haven't heard other good stuff.
Some that were semi-good
Scorpion King Soundtrack<< pretty good
DareDevil<< alright

And for rap,
Nothing really beat the 8 mile soundtrack.
rip8fan1
Call me crazy, but I like:

'Grease' and
'Saturday Night Fever'

Soundtracks better than anything other soundtrack!
Ofinet
Hmmm there's quite a few that I like.

The "Ten Things I Hate About You" soundtrack was awesome, simply capturing the essence and modernising "The Taming of the Shrew" (the shakespeare play that the film was based on). And plus it's a good movie.

The "Napolean Dynamite" album...enough said. And the Finale was nice.

The "Tomb Raider" first film soundtrack. There's a song in it called "Satellite" by Bosco which is real funk. And the mystery in the film is portrayed with the eerie techno that I love Razz...Fatboy slim Razz Razz. On complete contrast, Elevation by U2 is pretty nifty being on there too. hehehe

Oh and "The Matrix" has pretty cool techno songs on it too.

Maybe it's just because I like the films but whatever...Smile
jeremoi
The Donny Darko soundtack is pretty good. It has a lot of indie rock standards.
althalus
I recently discovered the soundtrack to Alone in the Dark and it's an orgy of metal = neat-o Smile (The only thing that stands out is the song of Nightwish - it doesn't fit in with the other, heavier bands).

I also like the soundtrack to Resident Evil - it got some gastly eerie tunes.. Very Happy

The soundtrack to The Matrix is pretty cool too, especially the song by Rage Against the Machine.

The soundtrack to Final Fantasy Unlimited (anime) is also pretty nice. Smile
XxGunner
My favourite soundtrack is probably ATC- My heart beats like a drum. Its a Techno song i think lol but its crazy. You guys should get it and check it out.
sandmanxyz
My favourite one is "What if" of Scream 3 perfomed by CREED.
todabeat
oh, yeah. The Resident Evil had some good tracks in there also.
And I also loved that 'waht if-creed' track on the scream soundtrack. but just that track
dinael
todabeat wrote:
oh, yeah. The Resident Evil had some good tracks in there also.

Marilyn Manson should really get into soundtrack music. Intro of Resident Evil is original and amazing.
As much as I despise him, I can't help myself to like that intro. He should really get into soundtracks
instead of whatever he is doing. Twisted Evil
wabik90
Soundtrack from "Matrix Trilogy" is very nice, but my favourites are soundtrack from Pulp Fiction(movie is AWESOME, soundtrack too) and from Pirates of the Caribbean(it's really great) Very Happy
karrupin
My favorite movie soundtracks??

Hmm.. I think I got few in my minds,
1.Titanic (so crazy about it)
2.A walk to remember (this is when I started to notice Mandy Moore)
3.Anna and The King (if I'm not mistaken, there is two version of soundtrack, one is Chinese , another one is English, anyway I like both of the version)
4. The Myth (I like Jackie Chan & Kim Hee-sun's duet!)
PennyLane
rip8fan1 wrote:

'Grease' and
'Saturday Night Fever'

Ow yes!!! And besides that I also like the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack, and the one from Mary Poppins Smile
And all Disney soundtracks!! (from the classic movies)
danielduran
rip8fan1 wrote:

'Grease' and
'Saturday Night Fever'

Call me crazy too... but is the best!!
rlashares
1. Titanic
2. Cars
eXon3
I really liked the soundtrack of Kill-Bill Vol. I and II (especially the first volume).
It's so special and unique. The movie's awesome, and the soundtrack really adds another dimension to it. It's not always related to the scene, and that's the whole beauty.
Alot of jazz & blues tracks, so it's even better (such as Bang Bang). Really loved it.
cheatbusters
I like the soundtrack of Band Of Brothers very much!
chartcentral
The soundtrack of Bridge to Terabithia is awesome! Nice song selection, inspiring messages and melodies that please the ear.

Also, I like the soundtrack of Pokιmon: The First Movie since it includes my favorite band, the Blessid Union of Souls, with the song "Brother My Brother".
spinout
American graffitti is a classic...
tarantino stuff-> kill bill vol1 and pulp fiction
to a musical movie: Cry baby!

Singing in the rain is also good.
iyepes
The sound track I remember the most is "Leaving Las Vegas", so deep, so sad, so precise for the movie.
intruder_indeed
My favourite soundtrack album is Zachariah, there are some great songs on the album by Country Joe and the Fish, along with the James Gang and many more.
kiran_n444
8 MILE = GODLY Soundtrack considering that i don't Listen to Eminem Much and 50s Movie Sucked baIIz. sorry for landuage guys but its the only way I could describe it after watching it.
Blu_Spykz
Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny

I have NEVER laughed at, or enjoyed a sound track as much

CLASSIC!
thejam
American beauty
Dead already by Thomas Newman. Wicked!
ddukki
Disney's Hercules. I used to know every single song on that soundtrack. I haven't listened to it in over five or six years, but I still love it to death.
gtherockgod
Blu_Spykz wrote:
Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny

I have NEVER laughed at, or enjoyed a sound track as much

CLASSIC!

FTW

oh hellll that movie was so hilarious.
smspno
I love the soundtrack from "Moulin Rouge". Especially the song "El tango de Roxanne" performed by Jacek Koman and Ewan McGregor.
The next movie song that I like is "I believe in a thing called love" by The Darkness from "Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason".

Generally, I like soundtracks Smile.
TheBeast
My favourite soundtrack is from the "Matrix". I think it was performed by Moby?
BPrice
one of my favorites is Disney's the lion king

or treasure planet.
buleczka16
I Love soundtracks from Final Fantasy X
<3 Very Happy
mazito
"the wall" is one of my best, but just a think about, this can called soundtrack, i mean a soundtrack is a music for a film, but in this case in particular the music is the basis for the movie Laughing
GB
I really like the soundtrack to Lord of the Rings.

I also enjoy pretty much anything by Alan Menkin. Especially Disney stuff.

Also, I love many of the soundtracks in the Disney parks.
deStructuralized
Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain are by far the best soundtracks I've heard.

Clint Mansell is just a genius when it comes to orchestral and electronica arrangements--and blends of the two genres.
supjapscrapper
todabeat wrote:
I seen there was a topic for good music themes, but we are talking about soundtracks.
Queen of the Damned soundtrack is probably the best you will find around. i haven't heard other good stuff.
Some that were semi-good
DareDevil<< alright

And for rap,

I am an absolute Rock and Metal fan...But... Since some years I have started to listen a lot to new age and symphonic music, you know why? because Symphonic metal brought me to it. Very Happy funny eh? Well anyway, The best Soundtrack of all times is and will for ever be: the soundtrack of "Gladiator"!!! Each time I hear Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrad themes I am soooo happy and can dream of farther lands and worlds, it's so good you should try it Very Happy
bearycoffeeaddict
I Love the soundtrack of "A Walk To Remember" a movie which stars the singer turned actress Mandy Moore..and the super cute lead guy Shane West..the story is good..but the soundtrack is much better...hehehe...most of the songs were sung by Switchfoot and of course by Mandy Moore. my most favorite song in the album is Cry...well let's just say,I can relate to it...and the tune is beautiful..another favorute is I dare you to move..it's just plain good...well i know that some of you might think that the soundtrack is little bit mushy..but if you love a soft,soothing and relaxing songs..its good..and almost all of the songs are related to the movie...so try it....
chartcentral
I just recently listened to the soundtrack of last year's "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie, and though it's not one of those I really like most, it's cool enough to be included in my favorites list. Smile
sondosia
I really love the Star Wars, Pan's Labyrinth, and Land Before Time soundtracks. Shrek and I, Robot are pretty awesome too.

And Harry Potter and LOTR, of course.
Ankhanu
My favorite soundtracks are:
- About a Boy - Badly Drawn Boy
- The Crow
flowerpower
I love the soundtracks from Lord of the Ring, Harry Potter, Gladiator, A Walk To Remember, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain, Shrek, Enchanted by Disney Studios (specially the french version).
[FuN]goku
The Matrix soundtrack for sure, its one of my favorite movies, and i love the music selection. Seems alot of people like the soundtrack as well Razz
iftikhar
i think i got in my mind
my fav track are
kal hoo na hoo
Titanic
and tery yadd mein
qedesigns
ARMAGGEDON -dont wanna close my eyes. that song makes so much sense

WICKER PARK- the scientist.( the last scene where josh meets his gorl again finally)
Tphilakone
Have you ever heard the godfather soundtrack ?
powerfusion66
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Soundtrack - BECK - Everybody's gotta learn sometimes (cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIVh8Mu1a4Q
Zuex
I love Ghetto - Buss 1
No one on this forum listens to Grime..
If anyone else does, let me know!
schoenstattmx
i quite like the soundtrack of "The Island http://www.theisland-themovie.com/" It has a lot of relaxing tracks.
cavedog2
New basshunter tack! Basshunter-All I ever wanted. This nice. I like basshunter they make decent music don't you think? Question
MeddlingMonk
Time to add my favourites to the mix....

At the moment, my favourite soundtracks would probably be the soundtracks from the 2005-2007 Series of Doctor Who, the National Treasure films and Star Trek: Generations. The Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks are excellent as well.
DirectorioLGBT
Titanic, must be named...

Imagine Me and You... and Coyote Ugly!!!

I also liked the one from Queen of the Damned!

Wink

Hilsen!
Sundossa
todabeat wrote:
Some that were semi-good
DareDevil<< alright

And for rap,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRNeI2oLBXw

numb/encore mixed
Kadae
Gladiator, Matrix.
Kadae
And House of flying daggers.
lethaltriad
I also agree with 8 Mile for Rap, Eminem was awesome on that album. A couple other favourites that I have are City of Angels, 28 Weeks Later because I love instrumentals and also Waiting to Exhale.
Vitalist
I like the "Wanted" sound track very much.
Actually the song THE LITTLE THINGS is one of my favourite.
iyepes
"Leaving las Vegas" Sound Track.

A totally depressing movie, but an adorable music from Sting.

.....My one and only love....
schooldays
As far as original music goes, probably The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Of course there's the famous title theme, but The Ecstasy of Gold is one of the greatest pieces of film music ever written. Morricone is my favourite film composer.

2001: A Space Odyssey also has a great soundtrack selected from famous classical music (Kubrick dumped the original soundtrack quite late in the production, I think).
Radar
I would say a Doctor Who soundtrack, but this seems to be leaning towards movie soundtracks (I've just noticed that MeddlingMonk has already listed this - glad to see my musical tastes aren't too far out of line).

Other than that, possibly Pirates of the Carribean? I've only just seen the film, so I've had this sudden understanding as to why some of my friends were reasonably obsessed with it at one point.

Not enough films have soundtracks, nor do enough of them exist on iTunes...
Joooe
Titanic? - Eww! Razz

I agree with the previous guys that bigged up the Tarantino soundtracks. I know he's up himself and loves his own quirkiness, but those soundtracks contain such a wonderfully eclectic mix of music that they are just so positively quirky and I can't stop listening to them!

Love the Death Proof one, the tracks from the RZA produced(?) Kill Bills are regularly found on my Last.fm charts, and who can forget Pulp Fiction? (or Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown?).

Williams' Revenge of the Sith, his Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Shore's LOTR Trilogy are excellent too. For those into the more orchestral side of film music.

Anybody seen Natural Born Killers? The OST to that is almost as crazy as the film!
skif_85
My favourite soundtrack from "The Godfather"
hein
two come to mind right away...

"pulp fiction"
"cidade de deus"

i guess there must be lots of great soundtracks.. im just dont pay attention to those kind of albums..
simonwest80
I am an absolute Rock and Metal fan...But... Since some years I have started to listen a lot to new age and symphonic music, you know why? because Symphonic metal brought me to it. funny eh? Well anyway, The best Soundtrack of all times is and will for ever be: the soundtrack of "Gladiator"!!! Each time I hear Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrad themes I am soooo happy and can dream of farther lands and worlds, it's so good you should try it

Couldnt agree more - Gladiator is fantastic. Best since the original Starwars.
filesharing
My favourite soundtrack is "Requiem for a Dream"
Especially this song -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ma4BvMUwU
Very famous and has been used in many movies and also many trailers...
It's an isntrumental masterpiece
spinout
I guess dick dale and the pulp fiction movie comes to mind at first BUT

The deliverance!!!!! that must be the one!!!! dueling banjos for you who hasn't seen the movie.
alanw0
as is Lost Highway.

Trent Reznor has a real talent for pulling together apparently completely different bands and genres but maintaining and creating a real feel for the movie.

(plus I always liked Brad Fiedel's soundtrack for Terminator 2)
killerqueen
filesharing wrote:
My favourite soundtrack is "Requiem for a Dream"
Especially this song -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ma4BvMUwU
Very famous and has been used in many movies and also many trailers...
It's an isntrumental masterpiece

So true. I know it on piano.
InsanePL
My fav sountrack is form 28 weeks later and 28 days later xD
I also like Devil may cry soundtracks
winmark
Mission impossible sound track has to be the most played sound track by me or "eye of the tiger"