FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CSI

XxGunner
does anyone watch this show..its call CSI...which stands for crime scene investigation its really cool..theres different kinds though like csi: miami and like 2 more other ones i think, this show is really interesting and informative...has anyone here watched any episodes of it?
elekis
who doesn' know that???

I ve just seen this one made in by tarrentino. in belgium, we have 4 episodes by week (tv belge and french) so ...

by the way in america witch season is it( the last)???
Atomo64
who donesn't know about CSI??? that's a crime not to know about it.... Here in Mexico every day there's an episode... I don't really know about the season(I don't care Razz) but every single day there's CSI... it can be the original CSI(Las Vegas), CSI Miami or even CSI NY...
memsa
I guess US television doesn't have global coverage that those of us in "Americanised" countires.
CSI the original is the best of the 3 in my narrow viewpoint.
I love Grissom. Horatio and the character played by Gary Sinise (sagly I don't remember hsi name) do not have the same charisma.

The show is a way to make science interesting and anything that encourages more young people to do science is a benefit to society (even if it portrays an exact deterministic world that only exists in the minds of the writers of the show.
Scaramanga
memsa wrote:
I guess US television doesn't have global coverage that those of us in "Americanised" countires.
CSI the original is the best of the 3 in my narrow viewpoint.
I love Grissom. Horatio and the character played by Gary Sinise (sagly I don't remember hsi name) do not have the same charisma.

The show is a way to make science interesting and anything that encourages more young people to do science is a benefit to society (even if it portrays an exact deterministic world that only exists in the minds of the writers of the show.

Wow, I really like your last point (and hope it's true.) And I also agree the original CSI is by far the best of the three.

Also, was anyone else annoyed at the way they sort of wrapped up Nick's ongoing "case" that resulted from ther Tarantino episode? Who knows, maybe it's NOT over after all...

And FYI: CSI is currently on its 6th season. And in the (Western) US episodes are aired on Thursdays on CBS, although you can generally watch reruns on Spike TV on cable (check your local listings, etc.)
Atomo64
I prefer C.S.I.(Las Vegas) and C.S.I. Miami... C.S.I. NY is... dunno, strange, I don't find it as interesting as the others
ainieas
I love all three CSIs!! Most of all I like the story lines in each episode. The plot is always gripping and is so real.
I dunno if anyone else remembers an episode in CSI:Las Vegas but like the whole family was murdered except two sisters and the youngest one seems to be afraid of a buffallo. That episode will always remain in my mind.
idrather_not
I preferm CSI: Miami. I've watch the New York edition, but i thought i was to much for the public and not enough of the prefession.

I've watched almost all of the Miami episodes. Grisom is my favorite character, not because hes like the leader or anything like that, but because he is really deticated to his work and is always seeing things from a 3rd point of view (outside of the box if you will).

So yeah...I like it.
Vanwaer
I am a -huge- CSI fanatic. I've been watching LV since season one, and I'm a freak over GeekLove (The Sara/Grissom possible relationship XD). The cases are awesome and the characters/character tension/character development just makes my life better! Grissom is my love. Totally analytical, a brainy guy with no social life.... Unless you count Lady Heather Wink Sara is so sweet, but smart, and a great likeable character that can give us vulnerability and the tough outer shell all when it's needed. Greg was great as a "Lab Rat", and just as awesome as a CSI. Nick... Oh, Nicky, how I love thee! He has -got- to be my most recent favorite. (At least, after "Grave Danger.") I was never much of a fan of Hodges until this season... but now I just love him. I can't stand Cathy or Warrick because both characters are very pretentious at times, and both can be rather disrespectful. And I can't really say I like them as actors either. Marg Helenberger is a ditz, in my opinion, and Gary Dourdan just... irks me.

I used to watch Miami, was in love with it, got tired of David Caruso's lame one-liners and terrible acting, then Rory Cochrane left, and I left along with him.

I was reluctant to watch "CSI:NY" because, at first, I thought "Great, another spin-off. Let's milk this cash cow, CBS!" and got really angsty about it. But... when I saw that Gary Sinise was going to be doing it... I just -had- to watch.

Season one, I fell in love with all the characters. I loved -all- of them. In LV, I've got problems with Warrick and Cathy, and in Miami I have problems with... Everyone. Except Calleigh, but that's another story. So, loving all the characters was really refreshing! The crimes were original, I completely fell for the "blue-tinted" screen, and I thought the character development was great.

Then the second season rolled around. One of the characters that really got me hooked left... They replaced her with someone -not- from New York, the scenes got brighter, the character development all but stopped, wardrobe changed, and the cases became stupid cliches. I must say, I'm really disappointed with Season 2, and I can only hope it gets better in the future. I do continue to watch, though, because I am a loyal CSI geek.

The end, haha. XD

-Vanwaer
pexivee
The Tarantino LV episode just aired here in Finland...

At first it seemed that the actors were being made to do something that was out of the character and the plot seemed a bit flimsy. But the story improved as it went on and the characters came a bit more alive. Definitely Tarantino! It still doesn´t compare well with the better C.S.I. LV episodes.

As LV took a break, the airing of C.S.I. NY started. I had no clue what to expect and didn´t even know Gary Sinise was going to be the main guy. After the first episode I don´t know if I´ll be watching it or not: the story was a bit far-fetched and I kept waiting for Melina Kanakaredes to appear in a white doctors gown (re-Providence).
fkmax
CSI is a great serial man....they show some of the best ways that they can solve any crimes....and even though there are other CSI New York and others they still get different and great stories which is nice to watch....
alkady
This shows been one of the best rated shows out there, I doubt anyone cannot know what Crime Scene Investigators is, I rarely watch the show anymore but I try to catch an episode here and there when I'm in the mood.
countessdiamond
CSI is my number one favorite show of all time.
Tvanag
I love all three CSIs!! It the best serial as i ever saw.
neotask
Thing is, I never really got round to watching a whole episode. I have all of the games though Smile
talonsmallville
Hi there,

I´m Brazilian and I love all CSI shows. At beggining I didn´t like very much CSI NY, but now on second season I just loved. The show find its kemistry I guess.
The original CSI Las Vegas is my favorite, but I liked so much Miami too, and now NY.
Grisson is my favorit guy ever Wink
Ms.Pseudo
CSI is one of my favourite series, and Tarantino is one of my favourite directors, so I was suprised, that special show directed by Quentin wasn't more interesting. It did look like too much like other CSI shows.

My new favourite is CSI NY, I like the darker colours of it, and somehow feelings seems to be darker too. CSI Miami is ok too, but original is the best, I think.
khairulsyahir
When I first read the first post asking if anyone knows CSI, i expected the author will write down a different meaning of the acronim. But instead, he wrote the nothing-less-than-famous Crime Scene Investigation. Yeah, everybody's right. Who doesn't know that?

For me, it's just an awesome television series. It's packed with all the scientific details, particularly in forensic, and the story goes out well, too. What I loved the most is the part every movie have when they try to relive or re-follow the incidents that happened before, with all those impressive cutscene-like scenes. Whoaa.... nice...
jefry66
we have here 3 times a week csi
i like csi miami the most
Alienz
I only watched CSI: Las Vegas. It is the best Very Happy
oleivo
I think that CSI - Miami is the best on out of the CSI's
pexivee
CSI NY is airing now...

Although it tries to take a more sinister tone to crime scene investigation than its Miami and LV counterparts, I still have trouble with credibility of some of the plots. Also, Melina Kanakaredes doesn´t really strike me as a tough, gun-loving type of gal, as one episode tried to portray her.

By the way, has anybody followed the Bones?
Traveller
Of course, everyone has a different opinion, but I like the CSI series in this order:
  1. Miami
  2. New York
  3. Las Vegas
I find Horatio to be more compelling, while Grissom is more blah, and I'm a Gary Sinise fan, anyway (especially his well-done remake of Of Mice and Men). Yes, CSI:NY is "...dunno, strange," but that's NYC, and I think it has an interesting "edge" to it.

On the other hand, I find each of the incarnations of Law & Order to be pompous and irritating.