FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem during PhpBB installation, please help

Da Rossa
I've followed the steps discribed in the sticky topic to install my forum. I sucessfully created the sql database and uploaded the files to a subfolder named "forum". (So, the install folder is in there).

After CHMODding, I tried to go to the domain page/forum/install/install.php to start the installation, the browser returns a 404 error.
When I requested my account, the details emailed to me stated that my domain is "darossa.frih.net". Then, what is the correct path for me to type in the adress bar to find the install page?

Tks and sorry for ignorance.
Hobbit
www.darossa.frih.net/forum/install/install.php

It's not working for me neither, try uploading it again and check in your ftp that you did it correctly. But that should be the path.
wumingsden
Da Rossa wrote:
I've followed the steps discribed in the sticky topic to install my forum. I sucessfully created the sql database and uploaded the files to a subfolder named "forum". (So, the install folder is in there).

After CHMODding, I tried to go to the domain page/forum/install/install.php to start the installation, the browser returns a 404 error.
When I requested my account, the details emailed to me stated that my domain is "darossa.frih.net". Then, what is the correct path for me to type in the adress bar to find the install page?

Tks and sorry for ignorance.

if you need help go here as i install phpBB forums for free: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24837.html
n0obie4life
Make sure you uploaded it into

public_html/forum/ and not /forum/