FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my site is down

ahmad
This is my website
www.ahmad.frih.net
Its now working
what happened ?
n0obie4life
Some process must have crashed.

But still, since Server 2 has auto reboot enabled, just be patient.

And btw, it's not possible to view your site since it's a 403 error, make sure your file permissions are set correctly.
srijit
mine too Sad
n0obie4life
Erm, your site is back up.

Like I mentioned, wait at least 5 minutes before reporting the downtime Smile
srijit
lol, i did wait 5 mins before i posted Razz
ahmad
Thank you Smile
its working now Smile
Marston
.. The server hasn't been down at all - Uptime: 1 day, 19 hours, 25 minutes.
horseatingweeds
My site has been down for a whole day now and I can't access the ftp of anything.
[url]efficientpresence.frih.net[/url]
horseatingweeds
My site has been down for a whole day now and I can't access the ftp of anything.
www.efficientpresence.frih.net
Bondings
horseatingweeds wrote:

Your website is working for me.

Can you access your control panel, ftp, ... ? http://cp.frih.net/

If none of those works, then your ip will most likely be banned and just give me a sign and I'll unban it.
papamurphy
Mine is down again too. Sorry if I am annoying anyone.
horseatingweeds
Bondings wrote:
horseatingweeds wrote:

If none of those works, then your ip will most likely be banned and just give me a sign and I'll unban it.

no, for both it says "server not found". How could my ip be banned? I would appreciate any help.
Bondings
papamurphy wrote:
Mine is down again too. Sorry if I am annoying anyone.

Yes it is down, I just put it on the server status page: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-25485.html . It definately will get better after the hardware change.
Marston
Sad
NuniPio
horseatingweeds wrote:
Bondings wrote:
horseatingweeds wrote:

no, for both it says "server not found". How could my ip be banned? I would appreciate any help.

say i have the same problem..is it possible that ip can be banned? if it is banned, i can get new ip and it should work rite??
n0obie4life
Just PM Bondings with your IP and he'll unban it.
alja
Is the server down again? I cannot get anything, ftp, mail, http.
n0obie4life
alja wrote:

Yes, it's down.
bluedragon
Sadness Sad

I pray to Bondings that our sites and hopes will be restored!
phx777
yeah im having lots of problems lately too
SoftStag
n0obie4life wrote:
alja wrote:

Yes, it's down.

Any idea of what is wrong, or how long it will take?
n0obie4life
I guess some hardware must have crashed as the whole server is down..we need to wait for Bondings to come online before he can do anything about it (no, I do not have access to debug it for him).
lukeropro
Sigh. My site and my affliate's site is down. http://wmd.frih.net http://lukero.frih.net I've got some mods to install. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for Bondings to fix it. I'm not complaining, I'm just sad... Real sad... Sad
sugarbox
Crying or Very sad It's still down Crying or Very sad When?
Cheerful Surprised
nam_siddharth
sugarbox wrote:
Crying or Very sad It's still down Crying or Very sad When?
Cheerful Surprised

Down for very long time Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
n0obie4life
Yeah we know, and I'm afraid Bondings is only gonig to be online in..around..5-8 hours time (he didn't logon in the morning/afternoon GMT+1)
Timonator
My site is down too yesterday evening it was dow aswell now its down again.
Are they working on the server or is the something else?
n0obie4life
Timonator wrote:
My site is down too yesterday evening it was dow aswell now its down again.
Are they working on the server or is the something else?

I guess it's hardware errors, but, we all really have no idea what's wrong until Bondings tells us Smile
dac_nip
i just checked it a while ago and mine is down too. i hope it will be fixed soon.
nam_siddharth
dac_nip wrote:
i just checked it a while ago and mine is down too. i hope it will be fixed soon.

Yes, as soon as 5 hours Evil or Very Mad
phx777
Well i admit its a bit disturbing, but lets not forget that were having really good hosting here, for no money.... and all the other free hosts that demand forum posting that ive seen totaly suck.... at least here you can find normal and nice posts on forums since people really post cause they want to, since demand is so low.... on other hosts forums you need to post like 30x more material, and they ban it if its not aprooved by them, so posting is really suffering.. and everyone post shit cause they only post since they have to....

Go frihost Smile (if you cant afford any downtime at all pay a couple of $ per month Razz) (im just glad this problem is only today and that regularly uptime is better)
Reaper
I thought it was just me whos page was down, but I decided Too give it a few days before posting, im used to hosting servers going offline. My forum site I get from Invisionfree went down for like 5 or 6 days but I really dont see any point in complaining when its all for free.
gnomme
its for free, thats for shure, but it is hapenning too many times! once again I sugest that each one pays a symbolic price to help maintaining the server! Confused
paul_indo
It doesn't seem to happen all that often. I've only had this problem once before, a couple of months ago, for an hour or two, and I've been on frihost for 3 months.

This time it was down last night and tonight also. Don't know if it was wrking between that as I was at work.

I think we get a pretty good deal here, and I'm sure they are doing their best to sort it out. Just have to be patient.

Any news about the problem?
TheFaction
well its not like this is a normal down time. this is hardware issues which is totally different imo. im willing to wait for this thing to get back up (not that i can do anything anyway being at school). hopefully when i get home which will be in like 7 hours things will b up and running again. Smile
NuniPio
1:40AM GMT+10 and my site is still down Crying or Very sad
SoftStag
Major problems today. I'm currently hosting my site from my PC at home to keep the site up. I think some people are struggling to get on it though as the DNS change is taking time to filter through to all the ISP's DNS servers. At least I'm getting some hits now...
ajvemmen
Well I hope we can acces our website very soon again. And maybe this hardware upgrade can avoid downtime in the future.

I wonder what is happening when the server is down. Is it being hacked or something that this sort of things happen. Or is for example the server at his tax?

Can there also be an update to this subject from an administrator... Bondings?
Kyle Katarn
gnomme wrote:
its for free, thats for shure, but it is hapenning too many times! once again I sugest that each one pays a symbolic price to help maintaining the server! Confused

The way I see it, there isn't really any use for that, as Bondings pays to rent the server, and failures are the responsibility of the hosting company, not him. Unless he's using colocation, which I seriously doubt seeing how it's in another country, he isn't responsible for any repair charges. So while I'm sure Bondings would appreciate a bonus, it wouldn't really get the server up sooner.
Panthrowzay
Well this is all odd, the index html page of my site is there and it appears to be the only file there at all, so itf they are replacing hadware, what is my site on and, what is it doing there with out the rest of my site.

PS thanks for the Direct Admin upgrade! loving it more than cpanel!
paul_indo
I think maybe your index page is in your browser cache or something like that.

I get this message.
Quote:

Firefox can't find the server at www.my-indonesia.frih.net.

because I have cleared my browser cache.

What error message do you get when you try to view the rest of your site?
nam_siddharth
Panthrowzay wrote:
Well this is all odd, the index html page of my site is there and it appears to be the only file there at all, so itf they are replacing hadware, what is my site on and, what is it doing there with out the rest of my site.

PS thanks for the Direct Admin upgrade! loving it more than cpanel!

Perhaps you are on server two. my website is still down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
djcaution
boourns, I really hope this stops happening after this time... Sad
eznet
I do not know if I speak for anyone else here but I do speak for myself, so here I go...

I, personally, love the service that I have received here; and for free no less!
I would not know near what I know if I were not given an account here. Today I sat up my first local testing server with php and mySQL for local testing. It is safe to say I would not be this far without this service being available to me.

To help with situations like this I think that FriHost should:
    Set up a donation area/mailing address(for HW dontaions)
    or
    Offer pay upgrades for users - such as php memory allocation or the such

Like I said, I do not know if I speak for anyone else here but its just a thought.

Ez
kam311
Mine has been down for awhile too now. No CP or Admin pages are coming up either. [url]hykerboyz.frih.net[/url]
Marston
*Sigh* Please, don't post anymore "My Site Is Down" threads - for goodness sake, there's already an announcement about this.
n0obie4life
-close-

As per Marston post, please use the Announcement now.

@ people who want to donate.

Bondings understands your kind intentions in helping Frihost, but he does not want to receive any donations.

If you really want to donate to us, Bondings requests that you forward your cash to a charity organization Smile.