FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Aus Does it again

Devil
Proving to the world that there is no other country more racial then Aus

Quote:
The ICC has asked Goolam Vahanvati, India's solicitor general, to investigate incidents of racial abuse that have taken place in Australia. His appointment follows an official complaint from the South African board.

Vahanvati will speak to venue staff, Cricket Australia representatives and ICC officials during his visit. He will then travel to South Africa and Sri Lanka to interview players and team officials from all three sides that participated in the recent Test and ODI series before reporting back to the ICC in March.

"Racism in any form is abhorrent and everyone in cricket is unhappy with the way in which players from international teams have been subjected to racist abuse in Australia," said Malcolm Speed, the ICC chief executive. "The actions of what would seem to be a small number of people are reflecting poorly on Australia and on cricket. It is essential that this issue is addressed.

"What is now important is that the ICC is provided with a clear and independent understanding of exactly what has taken place to ensure that cricket is able to respond appropriately."

Speed added that the Australian, Sri Lankan and South African boards had all offered their support. "Since the first incident was reported, Cricket Australia, Sri Lanka Cricket, the United Cricket Board and their players have been united in condemning this sort of behaviour. The entire international cricket community is united in its commitment to doing everything possible to eradicate any racist abuse

Source = http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/235136.html
nopaniers
Actually, having lived in a number of countries, including Australia it is not particularly racist. I'm Australian for example, and I went out with an wonderful Indonesian woman. In Australia, for the most part, it doesn't matter where you come from, and you will be accepted for who you are. One of my best friends is of Indian decent, for example. We are a nation of immigrants and proud of that.

That said, there are some losers like Pauline Hanson. She made a lot of noise she made for the media, but then was comprehensively voted out. Unfortunately every country has loud mouthed losers who are a tiny minority, and Australia is no exception.

Australia is great because it has different cultures. I love the fact that we can get all sorts of good food, we have cuter girls from all different types of descent, and different traditions (most recently Chinese New Year). I like cricket, but also Yum Cha. I like Chess but I'm also learning to play Go, and I'm in love with the most wonderful girl in the world. I like that we could go to Lygon Street and eat Italian cakes and dessert, or we could eat Lebanese, or Greek, or Chinese, Thai, Malay, Korean, a steak or Sushi. I like that I can have a discussion of world view and not only hear one opinion, but many. I value the hard work that the immigrants brought (the electricity which I used for most of my life comes from the snowy mountains river scheme). People from any background can come to Australia and be accepted as an Aussie. That's one of the things which makes Australia such a great place to live.
Devil
it would have been good if it was true , but again and again racial discrimnation comes up in Aus ,

not to say this is not the first time , and they are certainly not illitrate people who do this ,

so i wonder what makes Aus the most racists country in the world ,
nopaniers
Devil: Have you ever been to Australia?
Devil
No , but i did reject a offer to work there , after hearing from my freinds about the racial abuses
nopaniers
Thats too bad. You might not have found it as bad as you think. Considering you like cricket, you're alright with me. Wink
madsencarl
Devil, shut up. Don't diss my country. In saying we're racist and you don't want to come here makes YOU racist. Nice job.
At the cricket, everyone chants to the opposition "you are a wanker", it's a tradition. And you've never been here, so stop making assumptions. America enslaves blacks, but when a couple guys bag a Sri Lanka guy suddenly all of Australia is racist. Please.
Devil
madsencarl wrote:
Devil, shut up. Don't diss my country. In saying we're racist and you don't want to come here makes YOU racist. Nice job.
At the cricket, everyone chants to the opposition "you are a wanker", it's a tradition. And you've never been here, so stop making assumptions. America enslaves blacks, but when a couple guys bag a Sri Lanka guy suddenly all of Australia is racist. Please.

so i am racist cuz i dint choose ur country to work in ? Shocked i still work in a foreing country ,

and it is not limited to cricket , and u know it very well , and it is certainly n0t just couple of guys ,

and dont blame USA , usa is the best country for any human to live in
madsencarl
Devil wrote:
madsencarl wrote:

so i am racist cuz i dint choose ur country to work in ? Shocked i still work in a foreing country ,

and it is not limited to cricket , and u know it very well , and it is certainly n0t just couple of guys ,

and dont blame USA , usa is the best country for any human to live in

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0778562.html
Read 'em and weep.