FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who do You Think Is A Better? Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant

power7
There has been alot of comparison going on between Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant more than now ever since Kobe Bryant had that 81 point Game. Who do you think is better and why? Very Happy
fredsanford
M.J. hands down. Kobe is an awesome scorer but M.J. is an all around player.
xorcist
Michael Jordan of couse hes a legend. Kobe is good to with those 81 points but he could of pass it around some more.
rip8fan1
I didn't know there was any comparisons going on, and don't know why there would be.

Mr. Jordan wins without a doubt - as I don't even think they can be compared.
muzikashqip
MJ is better than kobe. but kobe is my fav player nd he is still young. he still has a couple more seasons left. u never kno if he playes like this 4 like 4 more seasons he is goin b Like MJ but u nevee kno how he will play later. but for now MJ is better. Mj is a legend he was amazing. another player 2 look at is Lebron James he is going to b like an MJ p[layer
ignitionnight
Lebron James!

No but seriously, he lightyears beyond where Kobe was at the same age. Kobe will not get better than he is right now, Lebron's game will only continue to improve. It is also more than arguable that Lebron is better than Kobe already... but I wont get into that.
wwe4life
Man... It's sure that it's Michaels Jordan.. even that Bryant is a winner and shot very good score at each game.. Michael Jordan wasn't egoist.. and didn't thougt about him self all the time.. and he was scorer to.. Michael Jordan is better than Kobe Bryant.
burzum
i like Koby the best, so young and has achieved so much and if you add those 81 points in a game...
tkcy
No doubt it has to be micheal jordan. yep, in skills and scoring wise, they are both good. BUt i must still say that jordan is slightly better and more consistent than kobe.

The main difference between them is, Jordan drives the team on to win. besides excelling himself, he also help his teammates and drive them on to championship victories. Kobe doesn't. He is selffish and brings chaos to the team. He is a good player no doubt, but he just lack the X factor that jordan has. Peace Very Happy
bball_player_nba_all_star
yea kobe is a hands down awsome player but he is a bit of a ball hogg he doesnt like to pass or share the ball with the rest of the team and thats why he got that 81 points but micheal jordon on the other hand can pass and shoot and dunk better than kobe in my opinion.but if kobe starts passing and being a better team player i might have to change my post.
Carupieara
I'd say Michael Jordan. Bryant may be really talented but Jordan is a class of his own. Cool
repnosis
come on,,,, its gotta be MJ,,, think about it,,, he still a legend today,,, and damn he even pro'd in more than one sport,,, and anyway id pick Iverson over Kobe anyday,,, hustle rather than 2 much ego...
ccarter24
Do you even have to ask that question? Jordan of course is much better. He made his teammates better and got everyone involved. He would have won 8 in a row if not for his mid career "retirement". I'm baffled as to how that question can even be asked. Jordan never scored that many points, but that's because he passed the ball. Kobe is never going to win again without having another superstar on his team.
repnosis
well said Carter,,, Jordan is still talked about today,,, thats true legend,,, when i hear Jordan, i think skillz,, when i hear Kobe, i think erm....court case, lol
ignitionnight
Kobe Bryant couldn't handle being in the same gym as Michael Jordan, let alone playing against him. Jordan knew how to bring his teammates into the game and that made him an overall better player, Bryant cannot. I mean, jeezy chreezy he put up that 81 points against one of the worst teams in the league, Jordan put up his 63 in the playoffs during crunch time. While the 81 is super impressive, it doesn't hit the magnitude that 63 does.
Bengt
fredsanford wrote:
M.J. hands down. Kobe is an awesome scorer but M.J. is an all around player.

Quote:
yea kobe is a hands down awsome player but he is a bit of a ball hogg he doesnt like to pass or share the ball with the rest of the team and thats why he got that 81 points but micheal jordon on the other hand can pass and shoot and dunk better than kobe in my opinion.but if kobe starts passing and being a better team player i might have to change my post.

totally agree with these guys
diyarbekri
jordan is legend..
papercutga
You can't compare the two because of the eras of the two and the quality of teammates.

Michael had Pippen, Kerr and Rodman while Kobe had Shaq until he showed himself and now his teammates are Lamar Odom and somebody named "Smush".
MuroX
So what if Kobe Bryant had an 81 point game? Michael Jordan put the Chicago Bulls through 6 NBA Championships and I dont even know how many MVP awards. Bryant is nothing without Shaq. You saw when Shaq was in LA and the LA Lakers was 1st in there conference now there in 8th place now without Shaq. Jordan kept his team on the top all season long depending on no one but himself (but still it was a team effort that the Bulls won the Championships) but without Jordans talents Chicago wasn't that great.
PimpinAintEasy
I like Kobe better but MJ is a good athelete,
zplitstonez
who do you think? michael has 5 mvp awards, how many does kobe have?
i think it's enough already....
Kris1972
Carupieara wrote:
I'd say Michael Jordan. Bryant may be really talented but Jordan is a class of his own. Cool

The above says it all..a complete class of his own. I remember the Chicago vs LA game where Kobe and Micheal were head to head for the first tme. MJ would get the ball and all the other players would move over to the other side of the court and just watch Kobe get schooled.

I think Kobe has gained some skills over the years since then, but he is no MJ by any means!
netthug
I'd have to say Michael Jordan because he's more famous because he's a legend and he's been in the game for a long time. He's made lots of people in countries outside of the USA realise that basketball is a really good sport. And also he's better
hcjgh
I am a little old school you could say but i still think that Bryant must do a lot more to be even near Jordan. kobe is a good player but he is almost nothing without good playmates. I konw you will say that nobady can do anything without a good team but kobe needs a lot of balls to get a lot of points and his playmates must be good in diffence otherwise they would loose every game!!!
sketteksalfa
its too far yet for Kobe Bryant to be compared against Michael Jordan.
evestor
MJ in a landslide. Kobe is learning but hasnt quite mastered the art of dishing the rock to the other players when he is having an off night.
alkutob
a legeng will stay a legend and Michael Jordan will stay the best
Talk2Tom11
No one can touch MJ.... Kobe is a really good scorer... but that's it... mike is the "great one" (of baseketball).
rksagar433
michael jordan is better
shadeR
there's no way to compare those 2 players...michael is the GREATEST basketball player ever...he's a legend...he made this sport so famous...kobe is good, quite good to be exact...but he isn't even a half of man that michael is...not just basketball...real life...
michael led national team to throne on every competition they played...kobe doesn't wanna play for NT because he's affraid of injury...omg?
chucky959
MJ is hands down better than Kobe. If you want to compare somebody to Jordan, then you should start with Lebron. Lebron is doing things nobody has ever done at his age. If he keeps it up, he might surpass Jordan one day.
CijaBabaBombuNosi
Michael Jordan is the best player ever! I know that Kobe Bryant is very good but you can't even compare this two players!!!! It is crazy!!! MJ is the best of all!!!!!
juan6248
Well me myself I like and respect both players. I think Michael Jordan is the best player ever by far and there is no doubt about that. The Brooklyn born player, and UNC star dominanted college basketball and nba. The Jordan Bulls what was the Bulls were called. Because he was the team basically. He did have Pippen, i'll give you that. Phillp Jackson. But he was the reason the Bulls won six championship and he won so many MVP's. I'm a New York Knick fan so Jordan broke my heart my times. Dropping 55 on my team at the garden that heart. I wished he played for the Knicks but that wish never happened. Jordan legacy is complete and his Washingthon Wizards comeback in my view did not hurt legacy. He is a, if you will a basketball immortal

Kobe Bryant is one of my favorite players in the NBA now. He does have street cred. Is the son of Joe jellybean Bryant and grew in Italy. He is a smart kid. A great talent, but is not Jordan yet. He could reach that level but it is not probable. No one can ever be as good as Jordan. Even though Kobe did drop 81. He is an amazing player. Special you can say. I was he was on the Knicks. I really like Kobe as a player, man and person. Kobe himself has acknowlegde he is not Jordan, but he can reach that level if he wins a championship without Shaq
worldsport-i
power7 wrote:
There has been alot of comparison going on between Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant more than now ever since Kobe Bryant had that 81 point Game. Who do you think is better and why? Very Happy

sketteksalfa wrote:
its too far yet for Kobe Bryant to be compared against Michael Jordan.

totally agree with you....
Svarn
Scottie Pippen was on the radio the other day and his comment regarding the comparison was:

Michael Jordan learned how to involve his teammates after his first years. When Jordan came into the league he was putting up incredible scoring numbers, but not winning anything. Later on he learned how to get his teammates offense going, as well as his own, by being more balanced in his offensive philosophy. Jordan also had the teammates around that allowed him to learn this and be successful at it.

Kobe Bryant on the other hand is playing like Jordan did at the beginning of his career. He is focussed on his own offense to the point that his teammates turn down shots they should take, instead opting to pass to Bryant. Because he demands it.

If Kobe Bryant learns what Jordan learned about the team game, maybe at that point there can be a basis for a good comparison.
HDirtwater
I hear a lot more comparisons between MJ and Lebron than I do Kobe. Michael is the best basketball player ever, not just because of his rings, scoring titles, and stats, but also for what he did for the game. If not for him, basketball might have died in the post-Magic/Bird era.
ignitionnight
Svarn wrote:
Scottie Pippen was on the radio the other day and his comment regarding the comparison was:

Michael Jordan learned how to involve his teammates after his first years. When Jordan came into the league he was putting up incredible scoring numbers, but not winning anything. Later on he learned how to get his teammates offense going, as well as his own, by being more balanced in his offensive philosophy. Jordan also had the teammates around that allowed him to learn this and be successful at it.

Kobe Bryant on the other hand is playing like Jordan did at the beginning of his career. He is focussed on his own offense to the point that his teammates turn down shots they should take, instead opting to pass to Bryant. Because he demands it.

If Kobe Bryant learns what Jordan learned about the team game, maybe at that point there can be a basis for a good comparison.

w3rd homie.

I don't know, maybe it's because I am a huge Kobe hater, but the guy just isn't on MJs level. He is selfish, egomaniacle, and kind of a cry baby.
akky
LOL that 81 point game was vs this years Toronto Raptors, Kobe is good I'll give him that, but so is Jordan he started this whole you know Basketballish thing, with all his signature moves and what not, well i dunno any day I'd probably pick Jordan over Kobe, but any day I might as well Pick King James over both of them considering what he has done so far, drafted right out of highschool, Wink, brought them to this years playoffs.
selim06
Micheal is the best i think and nobody can catch him i think...Such as Pele and Marodana...May be Ronaldinho plays better but nobody say Ronaldinho is the best because Pele is a legend like Jordan...
redsox
Jordan was the perfect combination of skill, character and charisma. He was a winner who carried the Bulls on his back for many seasons. He brought the team together to win. He was a professional in all respects (except maybe his baseball career and fake retirements).

Kobe is extremely talented, and his physical gifts might even be better than Jordan's. But he is an extremely selfish player who tends to cause team problems rather than fix them. Just look at how Shaq left and even Phil Jackson. Also Jordan was never involved in the kind of scandal Kobe Bryant was a few years ago.

Because of this difference, I would never say that Kobe is a better player than Michael Jordan. Like some other posters, I could see LeBron James possibly passing Michael in the future.
benchsports
There has yet to be a player who can match Jordan on any level, and Kobe is no exception. Kobe may actually come closest to MJ with regards to ability but is far lacking in just about every aspect. While MJ was not exactly liked by his teammates, he at least was able to keep the differences from effecting the team's play and from spilling over into the public for the most part. Kobe could never do the same with Shaq.

MJ is probably still the most marketable athlete on earth, and he's retired. Kobe is nearly untouchable with many sponsors even to this day.

Kobe could never carry a movie--not that Space Jam was good, but no one would ever bother to make a Kobe movie.

I could go on and on, but the short answer is MJ.
redhawk1044
Michael Jordan is by far the better player. He could score, could shutdown the oppositions best player, could rebound, and could dish the ball. Granted Kobe does find a way to win, but he isn't able to get the rest of the team involved the way that Jordan could. I don't know if it was the Triangle Offense but we will never know because Kobe will never have a supporting cast that is able to execute the Triangle the way the 90's Bulls was able to.
bryan shaw
Koby's a great player, but MJ was better. I don't feel Koby's close to MJ.
wsco
Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan

off course

Very Happy
sparks
Michael Jordan is definitely the better one since he retired twice and still had the most points even after playing the other game he was involved in.

However I think Kobe has a great chance of becoming even better than Michael Jordan.
balend
wow never thought i would see something like this

i mean u can never compare kobe to mj. kobe is a ball haug he doesnt pass the ball and hes a one man team. he plays good basketball but u cant compare what he does to wat mj did. but, u can compare lebron to mj in just a couple of years because lebron can score dunk pass and hes a much better play than kobe