FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RE4

ONi-
Resident Evil 4 is probably one of the best games I have played in a while. I am currently playing it on the Gamecube console, and it is freaking amazing. Normally I would hate a 3rd person shooter game, but this game keeps you hooked with the weapon upgrading system and a different ending almost every time you play the game. I have already spent like 50hours on this game, and I still love it. Tell about your addiction to the game here =P
Hanpusu-kun
RE4 is one of the best games ever.
It really took off the old concept and gave us a new awesome game that pushed the cube to the limits.
Sadly enough, Capcom didnt make is cube-exclusive <.<
ONi-
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
It really took off the old concept and gave us a new awesome game that pushed the cube to the limits.

Well, the thing is, Nintendo is being overrun by Sony. I just bought the gamecube for a few select games, and this one was definatly worth it!
Hanpusu-kun
ONi- wrote:
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

Well, the thing is, Nintendo is being overrun by Sony. I just bought the gamecube for a few select games, and this one was definatly worth it!

I can think that NIntendo are more clever making games sometimes, but Sony still has this large group of not just hardcore players but more casual people. So that gives them a little opportunity.
ONi-
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
ONi- wrote:
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

I can think that NIntendo are more clever making games sometimes, but Sony still has this large group of not just hardcore players but more casual people. So that gives them a little opportunity.

I think they are popular because PS1 was the first good system with CDs, it took everything to a higher level where as they still had cartrages with the N64
ONi-
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
ONi- wrote:
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

I think they are popular because PS1 was the first good system with CDs, it took everything to a higher level where as they still had cartrages with the N64
jarcelao
The best Resident Evil game ever produced. Clearly redefines the survival horror gaming genre and a must-have for all Resident Evil fanatics out there! Wink Cool
trickstott
It is kind of odd to me that people are down on Nintendo because it doesn't sell as many copies as PS2. "Overrun by Sony" in particular surprises me.
If you have ever taken a good look at Nintendo's business strategy, you'll see that they aren't trying to be number 1. Nintendo makes great profits, but they never spend a great deal of effort to "fight" Sony and Microsoft.

When it gets right down to it, Nintendo only shares a small market with Sony. Nintendo works much harder marketing to women and families than any of the other companies, and due to that they have a very stable and loyal market that shells out enough cash to keep them running indefinately.

I admit that Nintendo has far fewer games than Sony, but it still produces far more quality games than I could ever afford. Why get in a race to have the most games when it is far easier to produce enough games?
OsterhouseProductions
Gotta be the best game i ever played Razz . I don't really have a preference for gamecube or ps2, but i prefer this game on gamecube because of te controller. It's confy, and the button are perfect!
rightclickscott
ONi- wrote:
...a different ending almost every time you play the game...

What are you talking about? I always get the same ending every time I beat it. Still, this and God of War were the two best games of 2005. I still play them both now.
Archetype
I rented RE4 for PS2 a few months ago. I got it home, thinking it's going to be the same old RE tastes. I threw it in the PS2, and I was pleasently surprised at how nice and clean the game looked, and how it played. The aiming, the walking and running were all superb.

Although there was really no scare scenes in the game, and there was little survival horror involved, I thought the story line was great, and very darker than it's predecesors. A lot more involved, and in depth.

RE4 has taken the the top spot away from Code: Veronica as my favorite RE title. Awesome game.
rightclickscott
Archetype wrote:
RE4 has taken the the top spot away from Code: Veronica as my favorite RE title. Awesome game.

Bleh, Code Veronica was terrible. How could you like that game at all? My favorite pre-RE4 game was definetly 2, because it kept having so much more to do, and every second of it was fun. I still haven't unlocked Hunk and Tofu yet.
Archetype
rightclickscott wrote:
Archetype wrote:

Bleh, Code Veronica was terrible. How could you like that game at all? My favorite pre-RE4 game was definetly 2, because it kept having so much more to do, and every second of it was fun. I still haven't unlocked Hunk and Tofu yet.

That was the first game that I bought for my Dreamcast so many years ago. I thought it was pretty good for its time, and the story line was decent. Looking back on it now, it looks like crap. Laughing
Cthulhuman
I have a funny story about this game, me and my friend Ian were sitting in our Creative Writing class and we were talking about this game for some reason and our teacher was listening to us and then she asked us what the game was about. We replied a virus that turns people into zombies was spread over a town in mexico and you have to kill them. Her jaw dropped, "so you are telling me that you go through out this whole game killing mexicans, that's racist!" we defended it by saying that it's not racist because you weren't killing them because they were mexican, you are killing them because they are zombies and trying to kill you. She still kept her point and wouldn't give in. But it was funny hearing the POV of and english teacher that grew up in the antibellum south (for all of you people that flunked american history that's the time period right after the civil war)
Rad Ultima 2
I don't know if any of you watch a show called X-Play or not (on G4 TV), but they said this was the absolute best games for the GameCube.

Buying a GameCube for this game alone is worth it. Smile