FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blogs

Phil
I have a question about Web Blogs.
I guess I'm just wondering what they're all about. I mean, what is the difference between a blog and a web site where someone is just ranting? And what is the purpose of "Blog Software"? Aren't HTML editors up to the task?
And finally, are these really as succesful as some are making them out to be?
Is there anyone here that is making money from they're blog?
Marston
A weblog is much like a content management system, it's there to make publishing new content easier than having to create and edit individual pages by hand. There's probably not much of a difference between a blog and a ranting site (like maddox...). Blog has become a buzz word for a type of website, but in reality, it's just software. Yes, there are lots of successful bloggers, some make revenue just for posting, others make money off of affiliate ad programs (like Google Adsense), and others make money off of donations. Jason Kottke is a good example of a person who makes money from blogging. Wink Hope that helped.
SunburnedCactus
Some people use them like diaries, others use them to commentate on politics or whathaveyou, or you could use it for reviews of products. Anything that you might want to publish as an article on the web!

And Marston, Maddox hates blogs! Wink [/url][/b]
Marston
Razz I know, but his page is much like a blog - same format, it uses a CGI content management system... In my books, they're the same Wink.
SunburnedCactus
Marston wrote:
Razz I know, but his page is much like a blog - same format, it uses a CGI content management system... In my books, they're the same Wink.

If he heard you say that he'd get ninja-pirate on yo' ass. Laughing
Marston
Rolling Eyes I wouldn't be too afraid of a guy whose real name is "George Ouzounian" Razz.
SunburnedCactus
Seriously? I didn't know that...

I wonder how you pronounce it: "Ooze-oh-nian"? Haha! Very Happy

Ok, maybe he doesn't deserve so much respect...