FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Change account settings yourself

MWANGI
I think frihost should come up with a page whereby someone can change his/her account details without having to ask for assistance from Bondings.

I think something like changing an account name should be something one should be able to do without consultation as long as the name has not already been taken.

Also there should be online help in the control panel explaining how to carry out specific tasks
for example: Creating a subdomain, creating an email account, redirecting emails and so on.

What do you think Frihosters. I do not think that it is a very crazy idea. Infact it is very possible using php4
n0obie4life
1. We need to know what your domain is changed to so that we can record it. We don't want people changing their domain name here and there themselves.
2. A help guide is available at www.site-helper.com ( there's even a link in directadmin ).
hhhhh
i agree with this suggestion a lot i personally would like to be able to change each little/big detail within my account myself its very good and quite irrrrrr easy to do

i often find websites which have options like these

ps how do i get points? are they donated????

very good suggestion i hope it happens!
MWANGI
n0obie4life wrote:
1. We need to know what your domain is changed to so that we can record it. We don't want people changing their domain name here and there themselves.
2. A help guide is available at www.site-helper.com ( there's even a link in directadmin ).

Thanks alot

The site is very helpful. Now I can finally get some work done. By the way, points are not donated Mr hhhhh or is it Miss or Madam.

You can earn points by posting. The more you post the more point you will receive and the more content you put in your message the more points you get but now the maximum points you can get per post is 3. They must be quality posts and not spam.

I think you might find this link very useful hhhhh.

http://www.frihost.com/tos.php

Welcome to frihost
ChrisCh
i very much like the idea of being able to change account settings yourself but i can understand that frihost wants to keep up with it all. wat if frihost had 1 big database that listed everyone and changes that had been made to a particular account, and then that could be used as a reference for mods/admins, while still allowing users to change settings?
BugBear
n0obie4life wrote:

what do u need to record it for....... or record it where Razz
gonzo
MWANGI wrote:
change his account details

There is such a thing; its called WHM:

http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/
n0obie4life
gonzo, WHM isn't given to them.

Don't be an idiot.

We need to log your details for a reason that I can't tell.

Anyway, this suggestion won't be accepted AFAIK.

-close-