FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which is the best Mobile phone

[please vote] Most Commonly Used Phones...
nokia
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
Alcatel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Motorola
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
LG
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Samsung
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Sony Ericcson
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Sendo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sagem
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

Devil
Ok guys , i am planning to buy a new phone , but i am not sure which is the best one ,

last time i got errirsonT10 it was horrible , if u know any good nokia or any other mobile with good fuctions please tell
madsencarl
The most expensive one. Always wins.
gonzo
The "best" carrier varies geographically when you're NOT considering a satellite phone. Motorola high end phones are the best at being phones: best audio fidelity and best signal reception. If you want a camera buy one. If you want a portable game console buy one. If you want an mp3 player buy one. If you want the best quality PHONE buy a high end motorola.
Dan77
Nokia rules OK.

I've been using Nokia for nearly 10 years, they are good quality and I have never had to have one repaired. Very reliable.

I also have a Panasonic now but it isn't as good as my Nokia.

All their models are great.
shwetanshu
i also say Nokia rulz, nvr bought any other exept Nokia
srijit
Sony Ericsson w800i -- > why carry a camera and a walkman, when you have this Very Happy
Devil
i am not looking for a camera , cuz i have a digi cam ,

mp3 player might do in the phone , i used nokia for many years , i dont like the functions in it ,

plus can u guys tell me ,would it be better if i bought it in india ? is there the price low ?

cuz here i can get a orginal nokia made in finland ,
falconfx
I think Motorola phones are the best, especially the new MOTORAZR. I bought one two years ago and it never stopped working (I always keep it powered on, 24/24 hours).
n0obie4life
My parents own the Nokia 3230, it's a rather good phone, 1.3megapixel camera, it's just like a mini-computer/mini-pda to me.

Well, if you are looking for more highend ones, the N Series are good Smile.

I'm aiming for that N91 myself Laughing.
Soulfire
I'm using Motorola, no complaints here.
TheFaction
i too am using a motorola...pretty good phone and bluetooth is very handy
clip
I've used a lot of Nokia Phones. I'm currently Using an N-gage QD. It's the best phone to play games on a phone. Very Happy

But for some reason, a lot of people think QD sux. I wonder why...?
djcaution
Mobile phones scare me these days. I'm 21, I havent had a cell phone in 2 yrs and I feel old and outdated! They got retardedly good camera's, mp3 players, gigs upon gigs of storage, its disgusting! I want one...
vijay
My vote will definitely go in favour of Nokia Communicator and BlackBerry
Devil
i like the N series , N70 is the best ,

but i am looking for good performance , and good software in it , i dint like the nokia softwares ,

how do u think about nokia 7370 ?
CmKc
Devil wrote:
i like the N series , N70 is the best ,

but i am looking for good performance , and good software in it , i dint like the nokia softwares ,

how do u think about nokia 7370 ?

i think it's a good one
valkyrie-heavens
I wish I could buy a new phone... I have a 4 year old Kyocera, lmao...
srijit
get the phone from India, much cheaper :p
and almost all phone components are assembled in china, regardless of what the sticker says. heck even the stickers are made in china :p

i again recommend the sony w800i, has a 512Mb card. good for music Very Happy
XxGunner
Howbout getting that Ericson (dont know what brand) phone which is the newest one i think. The one with mp3, camera, and it can turn in like a 360 i think. Its a great phone only if i could tell you the brand so you guys could search it up. But anyways some of you probably know it already so i guess someone else can post the brand...
greekcovers
A Sony Ericsson W800 is the best choice ! Very Happy
windval
madsencarl wrote:
The most expensive one. Always wins.

hoho

the most expensive one

of course~~
Crissipos
What about Samsung? No one mentioned it yet. Last year I bought a Samsung SGH-E330 and I'm very happy with it, I had a simple Nokia cellphone before. I don't know which functions you want though..
srijit
XxGunner wrote:
Howbout getting that Ericson (dont know what brand) phone which is the newest one i think. The one with mp3, camera, and it can turn in like a 360 i think. Its a great phone only if i could tell you the brand so you guys could search it up. But anyways some of you probably know it already so i guess someone else can post the brand...

thats the SE550i i think. its based on the SE swing phone. its good, but the problems are
  • pre-loaded with an inbuilt memory of 256 MB and one cannot install a card to enhance its memory.
  • any movable part increases risk of damage

Here is a link

hey seems that there is a SE w810i, it seems that it can hold upto 2Gb card Smile
w800i can get upto 1Gb Razz
SE w800i link
SE w810i link
Northgatebaseball
I have an LG phone like most people here in Georgia. Verizon is the most popular carrier here, and most people like the features the LG phones have. Mine is an LG VX520, which is pretty cheap (US$100 i think) and it works pretty well. It has pretty good sound, the camera is ok, but I rarely use it.

I think the phone you get depends on which service you pick up with. Some services dont support some phones, so make sure you get a service that supports the phone you get.
elTibor
I am not sure which is trhe BEST phone. But, the best phone I have ever owed was the easily programmable N-Gage QD from nokia.

It was a blast to write j2me apps on it.
dj-joshua
What's New

The Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone is designed to put more multimedia power in your hands. View your images and video clips on the large 262,144-color screen; then edit, print, and share them with friends and family using email, Bluetooth wireless technology, or at an online blog. Listen to your favorite songs in stereo audio with the integrated music player, plus stream or download video and other multimedia content and store it on the removable MultiMediaCard (MMC).

See How It Works

Explore the features of the Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone with interactive demonstrations >> **
(Opens in a new window, requires Macromedia Flash Player.)

Operating Frequency
Imaging
Messaging
Music
Connectivity
Applications
Power Management

Key Features
1.3 megapixel integrated digital camera with flash and slide for camera protection and control
Nokia XpressPrint printing solution including PictBridge direct printing
High-resolution display with up to 262,144 colors
Convenient email access with attachment support
Removable 64 MB MultiMediaCard (MMC)
MultiMediaCard (MMC)/SD memory card reader with USB connection (Europe, Africa, and Middle East only)
Music player with stereo audio
High-speed Web browsing over EDGE
Tri-band GSM phone with global roaming capability

Full Specifications

Operating Frequency
Tri-band EDGE phone with EGSM coverage on up to five continents (EGSM 900/1800/1900)
Automatic switching between bands

Size
Weight: 130.5 g
Dimensions: 108.4 x 55.2 x 21.3 mm, 104 cc

Display and User Interface
Active matrix 262,144-color display (176 x 208 pixels)
Automatic brightness control for display
Five-way scroll key, two soft keys, application key, edit and clear keys, send and end keys
Dedicated keys for voice dialing, commands, and Push to talk (PoC)
S60 software on Symbian OS

Imaging
Integrated 1.3 megapixel camera sensor (1.23 effective megapixels, 1280x960 pixels) with 6x digital zoom and slide for camera protection and control
Integrated flash (operating range up to 1.5 m)
Advanced camera modes: still, sequence, and video
Options for night, brightness adjustment, image quality, self-timer, white balance settings, and color tones
Flash modes: on, off, automatic
Video and still image editors
Nokia Lifeblog
Image and video clip uploading to the Web

Nokia XpressPrint Printing Solution
Print digital photos directly from your imaging smartphone:
Transfer photos directly to compatible printer or kiosk via Bluetooth wireless technology, MultiMediaCard (MMC), or to PictBridge-compliant printer via USB cable
Built-in application is quick and easy to use; no installation, no fuss
Find out more at www.nokia.com/xpressprint

RealPlayer Media Player
Download and play multimedia files (video and music)
Stream media files from compatible media portals
Full-screen video playback on the phone to view downloaded, streamed, or recorded video clips in larger size
Played formats (decoding): .3gp and .mp4 file formats, MPEG-4 video, H.263 video and AMR audio, RealMedia (Real Video and Real Audio), MP3, and AAC

Memory Functions
8 MB internal dynamic memory for contacts, text messages, multimedia messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, calendar notes, to-do list, and applications
Expandable memory: 64 MB Reduced Size Dual Voltage
(1.8/3V) MultiMediaCard (MMC)*
Hot swap slot for easy MMC card insertion and removal

Note: The built-in MultiMediaCard (MMC) reader in the Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone functions on 1.8 Volt, and therefore requires a dual voltage MMC which can support both 1.8V and 3.0V. Nokia branded reduced size MultiMediaCards (MMC) (sold separately) are dual voltage cards.

* Please note that the memory capacity of the MultiMediaCard (MMC) in the sales package may vary depending on the market and/or your network operator/service provider.

Messaging
Convenient email client with attachment support: jpeg, 3gp, MP3, .ppt, .doc, excel, and .pdf files
Compatible with Nokia Wireless Keyboard (sold separately) for faster messaging
Multimedia messaging: Combine image, video, text, and voice clip and send as MMS to a compatible phone or PC; use MMS to tell your story with a multi-slide presentation
Automatic resizing of your megapixel images to fit MMS (max. 300 KB attachment size depending on the network)
Text messaging: Supports concatenated SMS, picture messaging, SMS distribution list
Predictive text input: Support for all major languages in Europe and Asia-Pacific
Instant Messaging

Connectivity
Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology v.1.2
USB 2.0 full speed via Pop-Port™ interface
Nokia PC Suite connectivity with USB and Bluetooth wireless technology
Local synchronization of contacts and calendar to a compatible PC
Remote over-the-air synchronization

Browsing
WAP 2.0 XHTML/HTML multimode browser
Improved web compatibility with support for HTML 4.01, including support for elements such as image maps, background images, and frames
Support for a subset of JavaScript 1.5, which includes the most commonly used functions found on the Internet
File upload over HTTP using standard HTML forms
Small screen rendering option including a faster page-up/page-down scrolling style
Full-screen mode, download progress bar, and adaptive history list
3GPP video streaming
OMA DRM 1.0 - including forward lock for content protection, combined delivery, separate delivery and superdistribution
Wallet: Convenient online use and storage of your numbers and passwords

Data Transfer
EDGE: Mobile broadband access with upload up to 118.4 kbps and download up to 236.8 kbps
Note: Actual achieved speeds may vary depending on network support
GPRS: class B, multislot class 10
Speech codecs: FR, EFR, and GSM AMR
Transfer data from one S60 phone to another

Java™ Applications
Java™ MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1 (Connected Limited Device Configuration (J2ME))
Over-the-air download of Java™-based applications and games

Other Applications
On the MultiMediaCard (MMC):
Adobe Reader
Games: Card Deck, Snake EX, 3D Snowboarding
Info Print
Kodak Mobile
Nokia Lifeblog mobile application
Nokia Wireless Keyboard application
Nokia Photo Editor
Push to talk (PoC) application
Quickoffice document viewers (Quickword, Quicksheet, Quickpoint)
Settings Wizard tools for easy email and Push to talk configuration
User Interface (UI) themes
On the CD-ROM:
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 2.0
Nokia Lifeblog PC application

Personal Information Management (PIM)
Advanced S60 PIM features including calendar, contacts, to-do list, and PIM printing

Call Management
Push to talk (PoC) with dedicated key
Contacts: Advanced contacts database with support for multiple phone and email details per entry, also supports thumbnail picture and groups
Speed dialing
Logs: Keeps lists of your dialed, received, and missed calls
Automatic redial
Automatic answer (works with compatible headset or car kit only)
Supports Fixed Dialing Number, which allows calls only to predefined numbers
Conference call

Voice Features
Voice dialing
Voice commands
Voice recorder
Integrated handsfree speaker

Digital Services
Java™ and Symbian applications available from Nokia Software Market
Graphics, icons, animations, logos
Games: Possibility to download new games
Ringing tones: True Tones, polyphonic tones
Themes: Possibility to download new themes

Sales Package Contents
Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone
Nokia Stereo Headset HDS-3
64MB MultiMediaCard (MMC) MU-1* with adapter for normal size MMC slots
MultiMediaCard (MMC)/SD memory card reader with USB connection (Europe, Africa, and Middle East only)
Wrist strap
Nokia Battery BL-5C
Nokia Travel Charger ACP-12
Nokia Connectivity Cable (USB) DKU-2
User guide, Quick Start guide, and Add-on Application guide

* Please note different MultiMediaCard (MMC) configurations may be available depending on country or operator configuration

Power Management

Battery Talk time* Standby time*
BL-5C Up to 3-6 hours Up to 6-11 days

* Depends on the used operator network configuration.

Eco Declaration >>

** Please note that these interactive demonstrations do not replace the user guide for this product. Always read the entire user guide for important safety information that may not be included in these demonstrations.

Nokia Imaging

There's more than meets the eye - see the possibilities >>

Nokia Lifeblog

Your Automatic Multimedia Diary. Try it now >>

muveeStyles

Your video. Your message. Your muvee. Read more >>
dj-joshua
What's New

The Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone is designed to put more multimedia power in your hands. View your images and video clips on the large 262,144-color screen; then edit, print, and share them with friends and family using email, Bluetooth wireless technology, or at an online blog. Listen to your favorite songs in stereo audio with the integrated music player, plus stream or download video and other multimedia content and store it on the removable MultiMediaCard (MMC).

See How It Works

Explore the features of the Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone with interactive demonstrations >> **
(Opens in a new window, requires Macromedia Flash Player.)

Operating Frequency
Imaging
Messaging
Music
Connectivity
Applications
Power Management

Key Features
1.3 megapixel integrated digital camera with flash and slide for camera protection and control
Nokia XpressPrint printing solution including PictBridge direct printing
High-resolution display with up to 262,144 colors
Convenient email access with attachment support
Removable 64 MB MultiMediaCard (MMC)
Music player with stereo audio
High-speed Web browsing over EDGE
Tri-band GSM phone with global roaming capability

Full Specifications

Operating Frequency
Tri-band EDGE phone with EGSM coverage on up to five continents (EGSM 900/1800/1900)
Automatic switching between bands

Size
Weight: 130.5 g
Dimensions: 108.4 x 55.2 x 21.3 mm, 104 cc

Display and User Interface
Active matrix 262,144-color display (176 x 208 pixels)
Automatic brightness control for display
Five-way scroll key, two soft keys, application key, edit and clear keys, send and end keys
Dedicated keys for voice dialing, commands, and Push to talk (PoC)
S60 software on Symbian OS

Imaging
Integrated 1.3 megapixel camera sensor (1.23 effective megapixels, 1280x960 pixels) with 6x digital zoom and slide for camera protection and control
Integrated flash (operating range up to 1.5 m)
Advanced camera modes: still, sequence, and video
Options for night, brightness adjustment, image quality, self-timer, white balance settings, and color tones
Flash modes: on, off, automatic
Video and still image editors
Nokia Lifeblog
Image and video clip uploading to the Web

Nokia XpressPrint Printing Solution
Print digital photos directly from your imaging smartphone:
Transfer photos directly to compatible printer or kiosk via Bluetooth wireless technology, MultiMediaCard (MMC), or to PictBridge-compliant printer via USB cable
Built-in application is quick and easy to use; no installation, no fuss
Find out more at www.nokia.com/xpressprint

RealPlayer Media Player
Download and play multimedia files (video and music)
Stream media files from compatible media portals
Full-screen video playback on the phone to view downloaded, streamed, or recorded video clips in larger size
Played formats (decoding): .3gp and .mp4 file formats, MPEG-4 video, H.263 video and AMR audio, RealMedia (Real Video and Real Audio), MP3, and AAC

Memory Functions
8 MB internal dynamic memory for contacts, text messages, multimedia messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, calendar notes, to-do list, and applications
Expandable memory: 64 MB Reduced Size Dual Voltage
(1.8/3V) MultiMediaCard (MMC)*
Hot swap slot for easy MMC card insertion and removal

Note: The built-in MultiMediaCard (MMC) reader in the Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone functions on 1.8 Volt, and therefore requires a dual voltage MMC which can support both 1.8V and 3.0V. Nokia branded reduced size MultiMediaCards (MMC) (sold separately) are dual voltage cards.

* Please note that the memory capacity of the MultiMediaCard (MMC) in the sales package may vary depending on the market and/or your network operator/service provider.

Messaging
Convenient email client with attachment support: jpeg, 3gp, MP3, .ppt, .doc, excel, and .pdf files
Compatible with Nokia Wireless Keyboard (sold separately) for faster messaging
Multimedia messaging: Combine image, video, text, and voice clip and send as MMS to a compatible phone or PC; use MMS to tell your story with a multi-slide presentation
Automatic resizing of your megapixel images to fit MMS (max. 300 KB attachment size depending on the network)
Text messaging: Supports concatenated SMS, picture messaging, SMS distribution list
Predictive text input: Support for all major languages in Europe and Asia-Pacific
Instant Messaging

Connectivity
Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology v.1.2
USB 2.0 full speed via Pop-Port™ interface
Nokia PC Suite connectivity with USB and Bluetooth wireless technology
Local synchronization of contacts and calendar to a compatible PC
Remote over-the-air synchronization

Browsing
WAP 2.0 XHTML/HTML multimode browser
Improved web compatibility with support for HTML 4.01, including support for elements such as image maps, background images, and frames
Support for a subset of JavaScript 1.5, which includes the most commonly used functions found on the Internet
File upload over HTTP using standard HTML forms
Small screen rendering option including a faster page-up/page-down scrolling style
Full-screen mode, download progress bar, and adaptive history list
3GPP video streaming
OMA DRM 1.0 - including forward lock for content protection, combined delivery, separate delivery and superdistribution
Wallet: Convenient online use and storage of your numbers and passwords

Data Transfer
EDGE: Mobile broadband access with upload up to 118.4 kbps and download up to 236.8 kbps
Note: Actual achieved speeds may vary depending on network support
GPRS: class B, multislot class 10
Speech codecs: FR, EFR, and GSM AMR
Transfer data from one S60 phone to another

Java™ Applications
Java™ MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1 (Connected Limited Device Configuration (J2ME))
Over-the-air download of Java™-based applications and games

Other Applications
On the MultiMediaCard (MMC):
Adobe Reader
Games: Card Deck, Snake EX, 3D Snowboarding
Info Print
Kodak Mobile
Nokia Lifeblog mobile application
Nokia Wireless Keyboard application
Nokia Photo Editor
Push to talk (PoC) application
Quickoffice document viewers (Quickword, Quicksheet, Quickpoint)
Settings Wizard tools for easy email and Push to talk configuration
User Interface (UI) themes
On the CD-ROM:
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 2.0
Nokia Lifeblog PC application

Personal Information Management (PIM)
Advanced S60 PIM features including calendar, contacts, to-do list, and PIM printing

Call Management
Push to talk (PoC) with dedicated key
Contacts: Advanced contacts database with support for multiple phone and email details per entry, also supports thumbnail picture and groups
Speed dialing
Logs: Keeps lists of your dialed, received, and missed calls
Automatic redial
Automatic answer (works with compatible headset or car kit only)
Supports Fixed Dialing Number, which allows calls only to predefined numbers
Conference call

Voice Features
Voice dialing
Voice commands
Voice recorder
Integrated handsfree speaker

Digital Services
Java™ and Symbian applications available from Nokia Software Market
Graphics, icons, animations, logos
Games: Possibility to download new games
Ringing tones: True Tones, polyphonic tones
Themes: Possibility to download new themes

Sales Package Contents
Nokia 6681 imaging smartphone
Nokia Stereo Headset HDS-3
64MB MultiMediaCard (MMC) MU-1* with adapter for normal size MMC slots
Wrist strap
Nokia Battery BL-5C
Nokia Travel Charger ACP-12
Nokia Connectivity Cable (USB) DKU-2
User guide, Quick Start guide, and Add-on Application guide

* Please note different MultiMediaCard (MMC) configurations may be available depending on country or operator configuration

Power Management

Battery Talk time* Standby time*
BL-5C Up to 3-6 hours Up to 6-11 days

* Depends on the used operator network configuration.

Eco Declaration >>

** Please note that these interactive demonstrations do not replace the user guide for this product. Always read the entire user guide for important safety information that may not be included in these demonstrations.

Nokia Imaging

There's more than meets the eye - see the possibilities >>

Nokia Lifeblog

Your Automatic Multimedia Diary. Try it now >>

muveeStyles

Your video. Your message. Your muvee. Read more >>
xorcist
^Wow your susposed to put that in quotes you should have just posted the website instead, because your not susposed to be getting points that you just copy and pasted.

You should just get a MOTORAZR its good my cousin has it and it is good and small. I just like the design and people make such a big deal abou it. But mabye you should get that phone that opens up so you can type and not the Sidekick but the Sidekick is good to.
dj-joshua
Soz just thourght it would be easyer
ainieas
clip wrote:
I've used a lot of Nokia Phones. I'm currently Using an N-gage QD. It's the best phone to play games on a phone. Very Happy

But for some reason, a lot of people think QD sux. I wonder why...?

I totally agree that all people think that the QD sucks, its totally unfair. At another board they were comparing the QD with the PSP!
But in reality to play games te N-Gage is the best and its not that costly either. Even if I move on to another phone sometime later I'll always keep my N-Gage.
Richous05
nah Orange SPV c550 rules all it has msn and internet explorer Very Happy man i love my smartphone it wins! Cool
sibbahz
Ive found nokias to be around the most reliable of phones. Ive had samsung and sony ericsson since my nokia (5210), and the nokia has lasted the longest with only a minor fault with the wap browser.
The sony ericsson t610 developed a sim card reader fault, and kept crashing while i was on calls and the first samsung's screen (a800) developed a fault, my second samsung decided to randomly stop working one day for no reason. Had to have it replaced just 5 months after i got it brand new. (samsung z500)
dysturbedstatic
samsung MMa-880
best phone ever

Specifications
Compare side-by-side vs...
Modes AMPS 850 / CDMA 850 / CDMA 1900
Weight 4.70 oz (133 g)
Dimensions 3.35" x 1.73" x 0.93" (85 x 44 x 24 mm)
Form Factor Clamshell
Internal Antenna
Battery Life Talk: 3.30 hours (198 minutes)
Standby: ?
Battery Type LiIon
Display Type: LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
Colors: 262,144 (18-bit)
Size: 176 x 220 pixels
Platform / OS (N/A)
Memory ?
Phone Book Capacity 500
FCC ID A3LSPHA880 (Approved Mar 8, 2005)

Features
+ Show Missing Features
GPS / Location Yes
Accessibility
Digital TTY/TDD Yes
Hearing Aid Compatible Rating: M3 (mostly compatible)
Multiple Languages Languages Supported: English, limited Spanish
Alerts
2nd Display Location: Front
262,000-color TFT LCD / 80 x 96 pixels
Polyphonic Ringtones Chords: 64
Vibrate Yes
Connectivity
USB Yes
Contacts
Multiple Numbers per Name Numbers per entry: 5
Picture ID Yes
Voice Dialing speaker-independent / voice digital dial / status check
Customization
Custom Graphics Yes
Custom Ringtones Yes
Data & Network
Data-Capable Yes
Packet Data Technology: 1xRTT
WAP / Web Browser Yes
Input
Predictive Text Entry Technology: T9
Side Keys Yes
Messaging
Text Messaging 2-Way: Yes
Photo & Video
Camera Resolution: 1+ megapixel
LED flash / self-timer / brightness and white balance controls / 1152 x 864 pixel max. image size
PictBridge Yes
Streaming Video Yes
Video Capture MPEG-4
Productivity
Alarm Yes
Calculator Yes
Calendar Yes
To-Do List Yes
Voice Memo up to 30 seconds each
Software
Games supports 3D
Java (J2ME) Yes
Voice
Headset Jack (2.5 mm) Yes
Speaker Phone Yes
adwya
vodafone

i love it
z4c.
Motorola RAZR V3
Motorola Razor V3 World International Bluetooth Cell Phone Main Features: The Motorola RAZR V3 is raising eyebrows thanks to its ultra-thin form factor and eye-catching features. Just 13.9 millimeters thick when closed, the clamshell-style camera phone is made from aircraft aluminum, and includes built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity. It is also a quad-band phone, meaning it is usable in more than 100 countries, an important feature for business travelers.

# Very slim clamshell;
# Display type LCD (65 K Colors) TFT with 176 x 220 pixels;
# Second CSTN display (4096 colors) with 98 x 80 pixels;
# Built-In VGA camera with resolution 640 x 480 pixels and 4x zoom;
# Supports ringtones in MP3 format;
# E-Mail Client (POP3, SMTP and IMAP4);
# SMS, MMS and EMS;
# MPEG4 video clip playback;
# High-Speed Data Technology (32 - 48 kbps);
# GPRS class 10;
# Wireless Village IM (instant messaging);
# Java (J2ME) version MIDP 2.0;
# Supports 3D graphics;
# Supports multiple languages
# PC Sync;
# Picture ID and Ringer ID;
# Ringer Profiles;
# 2kHz polyphonic speaker with MP3 ringer support;
# Predictive Text Entry (T9);
# Speaker Phone type Full-Duplex;
# Voice Memo
# Vibration in the phone.
srijit
i think the razr is shit Razz what modern phone has NO memory card option and only abt 10Mb or less of memory Razz
Devil
ok i bought the 6260 nokia , it is damn good Laughing

http://www.europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,58691,00.html#idc

Have any of u people tried it yet
bliushift
razr sells fashion not features. although it is very functional, it may not have all the crazy technology in it. besides, to get something that thin, you would need to take out a lot of features.

in my personal opinion, i feel that the motorola slvr will be the next hot-ticket item. again, this is based on fashion and not necessarily feature-jamming. super slim and definitely visually attractive, this phone one ups the samsung razr copy and definitely has a lot more features.

you can check it out at http://gsmarena.com/motorola_slvr_l7-1053.php
DaveCS2
I like motorola... razors are cool.
I use a samsung. Motorolas get better reception in my school building though so that's another reason I like them.
Nokia is starting to loose popularity w/ me because they aren't very stylish and nokia hardly has any flip phones < they're making a comeback with some of their newer models though.
byt
srijit wrote:
i think the razr is **** Razz what modern phone has NO memory card option and only abt 10Mb or less of memory Razz

just got me a V3i memory card now a feature, getting used to the differnt layout to my old Nokia, nice and easy to hook up to the laptop, can't really fault it so far.

got myself an XDA2i before the V3i, nice bit of kit but impossible to text on the move which is a right pain if you're a texter but as it is more a buisness phone I guess it's not a problem for a buisness man sitting at a desk.
Gieter
My first cellphone was an Alcatel. Robust stuff, it came in the washing machine and enjoyed the full ride, but it worked for about six month. Then, he was really broken, so I had to buy a new cellphone. I bought an Sony Ericsson, sometimes called "the Apple of the cellphone-industry." They not only look nice, they're also very reliable and have lots of functions.
amusic
I like Sony Ericsson w800i with digital camera and walkman function. Would like to get one soon...
evestor
I love my Treo 650. I never have dropped calls. The apps available are out of site and the camera is above average. Battery life is nice also.
Indyan
Devil wrote:
i am not looking for a camera , cuz i have a digi cam ,

mp3 player might do in the phone , i used nokia for many years , i dont like the functions in it ,

plus can u guys tell me ,would it be better if i bought it in india ? is there the price low ?

cuz here i can get a orginal nokia made in finland ,

Price in India is definitely not low.It will be best if you get it from east asia places like taiwan, hk, etc.

Sony Ericsson W810i looks good.However i dont like W800i.It looks sort of ugly.
K750i is also good.
The street prices are avilable at
http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=71728&cat_id=586
thiamshui
i'm currently usinga nokia 6680.. rather nice smartphone with 3G, 1.3 Megapixel camera, 64mb memory card (upgradable), n supports Java, mp3, n viewing of excel, ppt and word documents.. u might want to take a look here: http://www.nokia.com.sg/nokia/0,,70590,00.html

Or if you prefer a newer one, go for a N70: http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,81700,00.html
yisou
Quote:
Nokia rules OK.

I've been using Nokia for nearly 10 years, they are good quality and I have never had to have one repaired. Very reliable.

I also have a Panasonic now but it isn't as good as my Nokia.

All their models are great.

yeah! moto is good too!
kiranaghor
yeah I love Motorola RAZR V3i. Now its fully loaded with iTunes. And thats the best part. I am waiting for Apple's iphone. I hope it will be an exciting product like ipod.
k_s_baskar
Hi all,
I am using nokia 6100 mobile with IrDA facility. I like my mobile very much bcoz of its tiny stylish modle and GPRS facility. I know its having limitation comparing to latest model mobile phones. but eventhough i like it very much.

may i know which model u'r using??
Scorpio
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25576&highlight=mobile+phone
k_s_baskar
This is not spam.. Embarassed

If Admin think so can lock this topic
Scorpio
Not for the spam thing.

Just indicating that there exists another topic if you had wanted the results
yisou
i am using a moto old phone
c350
Rocky3478
Motorola Razr V3c with Verizon here... Lovin' every minute of it!
wimvpetegem
My mobile phone is at the moment a nokia 3500, before this modell I was the proud owner of a nokia 3510.
But that mobile phone have not survive the last crash, sadly. Evil or Very Mad
Itachi
i have a sony ericsson z500 nothing too fancy.

~Itachi
toughtrio
I have an N80 but am thinking to switch to N91 at the earnest. 4 GB OF HECK IT HAS GOT.
toughtrio
Sorry forgot to mention Nokia N80 in the above post. Well what do u all think about W810i, Sony ofcourse.
Donutey
Audiovox 8900 color flip phone (aka Audiovox Flasher V7) that I've washed twice: http://www.donutey.frihost.net/water.php
philipbool
I switched from a Nokia 6310 to a Sony Erikson k750i, and i was kinda disappointed with it. The camera features were way better, which was kinda cute with having a little kid around to photograph, but as a phone I didn't think that much of it. I guess I was expecting great things, but the interface was annoying, and I kept deleting the first name in the addressbook by accident. Something to do with the way it was arranged.
Anyway, then some sweaty, dumb-accented miscreant from Norfolk chose to steal it, so I've rolled back to my old (and I mean really old) flip phone. It's a Samsung s300 or something. You can text and talk and that's yer lot. When august comes again, I'll take my free upgrade, and get me a new phone. Don't know what'll be available on my 25 quid a month contract, but i know one thing - I'll haggle for something better!!! Smile
Scorpio
Oldest mobile fone of the lot is with me probably

nokia 3100.

How old is that?

i can make a record for that
izcool
Mine's a silver Motorola RAZR V3 from T-Mobile. Man do I love it. It's actually my first cellphone too lol. Laughing

- Mike.
rajhank
black edition Motorola Razr V3i.Excellent phone great looks and stunning effects on other.
DeFwh
i have the nokia(non-flip) generic packaged plan phone

and ive had it for 5 years and gets excellent reception in rain buildings, near everything execept really big power lines( but i think every ones got that problem).
tkcy
well, i use Sony Ericsson w550i. So far so good man. Way better than my previous nokia phone 6260, been giving me headache. Man, Nokia sucks. I had to go to the service centre once every 2 weeks. That's crap isn't it.
blackninja_af
Slvr for me baby
SNES350
tkcy wrote:
well, i use Sony Ericsson w550i. So far so good man. Way better than my previous nokia phone 6260, been giving me headache. Man, Nokia sucks. I had to go to the service centre once every 2 weeks. That's crap isn't it.

I have a Nokia phone (6620), and it works great on every feature advertised. It's those other features added with third party programs (its a Symbian "smartphone") that don't work very well. In my experience, Nokia makes the most durable low end phones, but I can't say about the midrange models.
SteveTheInvestor
I have a virgin mobile... I dont like it much. I find it expensive esp for text messaging. Mostly its unactivated use it for games atm...

Id like to find one I can get stock qoutes on.
Synaesthetik
The golden oldie 3310 is where im at. Looks like a brick, cause it is! You can drop it all day long and it doesnt break. All them flip phones, u drop them and it could be goodbye $400 phone
DeFwh
Synaesthetik wrote:
The golden oldie 3310 is where im at. Looks like a brick, cause it is! You can drop it all day long and it doesnt break. All them flip phones, u drop them and it could be goodbye $400 phone

That certainly is tru.

You be real with yo self celltxtmessing costs to much , seriously do you need to text your freind "yo whats up"> "ahhh nm" >"dude i got high"> "dude"> "sweet pc" > "ya pc"( as an example)
input
Nokia 6020, finally decided to go back to that company after a few dodgy phones and I really like this one, just wish there was a memory upgrade available
Blaster
scorpio wrote:

That is not the same thing. There is a diffference between the two. Which is the best Mobile phone and what kind of mobil phone do you have
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
scorpio wrote:

That is not the same thing. There is a diffference between the two. Which is the best Mobile phone and what kind of mobil phone do you have

Thanks for enlightening me blasty.

But the reason one starts a topic may be because he wants to choose which one is best or popular.

So if the topic starter wanted opinions on good mobile phones, he could have checked that topic.

You dont get any fun out of just knowing what you or he has?

It can be for a purpose.

Here if he knows what fones others have he can perhaps know about a phone's popularity or something
theo
im using moterola
tefa_taftaf2010
sony ericsson w800i

it's the best you ever see

it has all what you need

you wont lose if you chose it
mying
i think nokia 3100 is best.... coz it is cheaper and more function can be use ..... is also very easy to type sms... i can type it more faster...
mying
i use nokia N 70.. is cost about Rm1700... it is very very nice to use
Anselmi
I think nokia's phones are best. I have nokia 3220 it is s40 phone and it sucks. New nokia phones like n-series and s60- series are better. series 60 phones are better than n seriess cos s60 phones are easier to use. I am thinkin to buy nokia 6330 music edion. it is bets phone
cavey
I also have a Nokia N70.
I use it for alarm clock (to get me up in the morning), filofax, camera and games. I could go for a smaller mobile, but I like to think of it as a small computer :)
Jim_the_cat
THE LG600 I think.... or maybe its 200?

I dunno but its green and it looks cool. it has no camera or walkietalky..
mying
i got Samsung D500c. i like this phone so much bcoz it is so perfect. many function. nt really perfect la actually, but more good than others.
curnow
sony ericsson t230 not really good at all in fact the battery screwed itself in 2 weeks.
ps. could someone tell me what frihost$'s are by pm if possible
iclo
Yes nokia is far the best mobile phone
i have tryed nearly all brands of phone and i always go back to nokia
they are simple and the work unlike motorola were you need a phd in nuclia phisics to get through the menu !!!!!!
codekiller
Hey, just a little suggestion for you...
I saw the Nokia N91 and a lot of cool features like 4G of memory...
loveoz
I do not actually have it, but I really like the Motorola RAZR, pretty much most of the models.

Here is a picture of the phone I'm talking about:

I might consider saving up for one, but I'd probably rather just buy the Nokia 6280:

[/img]
erlendhg
I have a Sony Ericsson K600i, and I am very happy with it.
I like Sony Ericsson, but if you REALLY want some cool stuff, you should buy a pda mobile (or pocket pc mobile). That is SOME MOBILE Very Happy
skygaia
I'm using a c370, morola old phone.
There are a lot of kinds of cellphones with many functions.
Sometimes I want to get those new phone.
But actually I don't need it. I just use a cellphone to call someone.
So I don't need new cellphone with many functions.
Jack_Hammer
Nokia 3330!
win66
Devil wrote:
Ok guys , i am planning to buy a new phone , but i am not sure which is the best one ,

last time i got errirsonT10 it was horrible , if u know any good nokia or any other mobile with good fuctions please tell

for mobile phone, i perfer nokia.However, I think not one can tell u Which is the best Mobile phone because if u think that are the best Mobile phone, that are the best. Very Happy
Donutey
SteveTheInvestor wrote:
I have a virgin mobile... I dont like it much. I find it expensive esp for text messaging. Mostly its unactivated use it for games atm...

Id like to find one I can get stock qoutes on.

never virgin mobile phones let u surf the web for something like a $1 per 50k
phinguyen
i completely disagree and think that the ngage iz one sorry phone. the mobility iz great but the services offered are totally flawed. the thing is bulky with nothing to make up for its bulyness. now you look at a bulky phone like the sidekick or hiptop line, there iz a phone that makes up for the bulkyness of a phone. i have to admit the thing iz freakin a brick when it comes to style and design but the functionalities of the phone are incredible. real internet surfing actual QWERT keyboard, real instant messaging, e-mail, etc. on top of that the phone has speaker mode. a phone that any lady could carry in her purse.

people are making smaller and smaller phones, which may fit some personality types like for women or the letent homosexual male (no offense) but when you look at a guy with a tinly little phone he just looks less of a guy and kinda more of a fruit. i admit i had a small phone for a while too and it waz even White~!!! but i came to realize smaller phones isnt always better. anywayz, for the portabilities and functions i choose the sidekick and cant wait for the 3rd one.
EVILSKAAP
Richous05 wrote:
nah Orange SPV c550 rules all it has msn and internet explorer Very Happy man i love my smartphone it wins! Cool

I just LOVE my Motorola MPx200! Thats why I say it is the best! Supports Smartphone2002 Windowsmobile2003 and windowsmobile2005!

You can do ALOT with this (Smart)phone!
SFMeatwad
I'm getting a RazR soon.

I have a Samsung cellular phone. I tried looking out to see what model it is, but no luck. Sorry.
leat397
In my opinion, no definite answer... for my case, a simply a slim and smooth talking phone will be fine...the extra functino like wap, photo/ video shooting and playing music is too much for me....
I am using V3 Laughing
ehunter
My phone Motorola A1000

* Global Use: WCDMA 2100, GSM 900/1800/1900, GPRS
* Color display, 208 x 320 TFT
* Integrated 1.2 megapixel digital camera with 4X digital zoom
* 2-way video conferencing (Point to Point Video)
* Multimedia: streaming, capture & playback (MP3, MPEG4)
* Messaging: SMS, MMS, E-mail (IMAP4, POP3)
* Full HTML Browser with Small Screen Rendering
* Picsel™ Document Viewer (supporting Microsoft Word®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Adobe® PDF, Unzip)
* PIM Application (Calendar, Contacts, Notes)
* Synchronization: SyncML (OTA), Desktop PC Sync
* 24MB of user memory / supports removable TransFlash™ memory
* Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology
* A-GPS support for location-based services
* Symbian™ 7.0 Operating System
* J2ME™ (MIDP 2.0 + APIs)
* Downloadable pictures, video, audio, ringtones, wallpaper, and applications

Only few A1000-supported softwares I know:
MobiSystems MSDict,
Mobile Digial Media QuickOffice 3.0
Smarphoneware's UIQ

Anyone know any good finance software for it?
7gts-scout
I use Sony Ericsson k600i with 3G line
cnnet
I use lenove P608 now
it works very well and I like it
izimngcubes15
My cellphone? ....Mobile? Is it the same? Anyway, I have a Nokia camera phone, dunno what model it is...but it was my dad's and he gave it to me on my birthday. So it's cool! ^.^
joxang
I have the motorola PEBL, quite simply the most stylish phoen ever made. The features suck, the camera sucks, the menu sucks, but who cares when you have a magnetic phone which you can flip open with one hand?

did I mention it's sexiness as well:)?
selim06
Nokia 6600...
Zyrobot
Nokia very popular all of the world but i like Samsung (D600)
quixotic
I'm using a Verizon Wireless LG VX5200. It's a good phone, but I can't get any reception in my own apartment (basement apartment). X.x
Jim_the_cat
I use this weird looking green phone, now available in cream color.
UlrikeSE
I'll have to ask the next person I meet, when the need arises when I have to call someone.
rfwrangler
I have a UTStarcom PPC-6700. I love it. I have only had it a few weeks now and I have found so much to do with it. The great thing is that I can use it as a wireless access card for my laptop for both WiFi and Cellular networks. It is a great phone but a little pricey.
Andrew426
I have a nokia 3586.
I bought a siemens A60 yesterday, and it should arrive tomorow.

I used to have a siemens C60 (a slightly more expensive version of the A60 with a few more features, but otherwise the same) and it was a great phone, that I really regret selling.

Iv also had a sony ericsson T230 which was f**kn horrible, I hated it, and wished it would die (and last month it did - with a little help from a hammer)

I also had an ericsson T65, which was absolutely bullitproof.I dropped it out a 2nd story window onto concrete and washed it many times (not on purpose), but it kept on going.
Scotty Too Hotty
well now this is somethign that i can really talk about. I work for a Cellular provider....

I must say that there are some nice phones currently out that. THe Motorolla V3 RAZR is a great seller but i personnally dont like it. THere are lots of Problems with the OS. The Motorolla L7 SLVR is also the same way except it comes with an i-tunes liscence.

I persoannly use a Palm Treo 650. Its a great phone. I got it like 2 months ago. I use it for work and for play lol.

Ive heard good reviews about most LG phones nokia's have some issues, and their phones are usually older technology. Most motorolla products are cutting edge, but they arent tested technology if you will so there are lots of flaws in it. Motorolla always has cutting edge software and features.

I really like the SOny Ericson W600i. Very nice phone but kinda bulky. Its quite heavy as well.
borud
I've got sony ericsson k700i and I'm starting to get really tired of this phone. The joystick never does what I tells it to do.
I'm thinking about buying a new phone, but they're so expensive here in Norway. Sad
jaysen
Im running 2 phones... my old motorola T-720 and a blackberry 7210
The motorola is a pretty good old phone but the web browser and texting on it is slow as ****. otherwise its my old faithful...i get a decent signal even in the middle of nowhere.... better reception than the blackberry
paul_indo
I have a Nokia 2116 CDMA phone for my internet and overseas calls and I have a Panasonic A102 GSM for day to day use.

The Panasonic is really small and gets great signal almost anywhere.
Signal is often a problem in Indonesia so you need to be careful what phone you get.
7gts-scout
Zyrobot wrote:
Nokia very popular all of the world but i like Samsung (D600)

i agree..nokia is very popular...nokia is my previous phone model..
my previous phone is Nokia 6680. I have to use phone which has 3G compatibility.. Rolling Eyes
Scotty Too Hotty
before my plam i had an LG 4600, this, didnt have a recal;l but it should have, the recpetion blew because of bad software in it. There was an upgrade for the software to rectify this, but it was gonna take 6-8 weeks and the store didnt have a loaner phone for me so i just never did it. I just let it be and eventually got my palm treo 650. I love that phone great reception, everywhere, and with my LG i had no reception in my house. Now i even have it in my basement.
38club
i Got 2 handphone, one is nokia 3100 and another one is samsung x430. that is very nice.. but it din't has camera...
sonicj
sony ericcson and i hate it.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
amusic
I'm using motorola old phone C300. No color, no mp3 player, no camera. I will be getting a new phone soon, would like to buy Sony Ericsson K750i.
Scotty Too Hotty
i would say in this business, the most complaints derive from people who get phones with too much. Basically, a lot of people with Palm treos get them because they are cool. They dont need the functionality of it and are typically basic users. this generates massive complaints. I work for Rogers Wireless in Canada and well, this i find is the biggest problem.

Other basic problems are the interfaces are to hard to use, or the buttons are too tiny. Most complaints are against motorolla. Sony Ericson gets a few, just like any other phone and nokia gets a lot of complaints
ashok
moto - e398.. cool one. i like it a lot Wink
codekiller
Well, I have Nokia N70. It cost 600... I like it very much, because this n-series got a lot of usefull thing and application that I can install. This phone is have a cool camera/video... I also use this phone for navigating on the web or even in wap. (i use opera as my browser) i also have nokia 7250i (my old phone)
clip
I have an Ngage QD. A lot of people say that it sucks. But well, it doesn't. It's really cool. It's a phone and it's a handheld platform at the same time! Very Happy
chargoyle
I'm on Verizon with my (cheap) Motorola V265... it's not great, but it works and it's cheap
saiyeek
Nokia 6030.
Its ok.
dz9c
kinda crappy but free. i got the motorola v188
Qube
I recently got a Samsung phone...today actually, haha.
SPH-A840 or something like that.
Black and does the job.
I'm pretty satisfied with the plan too.
kam311
Silver Moto RAZR V3 with T-Mobile. So far, so good. No real complaints.
adiutrix
Sharp GX 30 and I love it, had it for a while and have not seen a mobile with screen quality that beats this one..
Muchachos
Sony Ercisson P910i - the best smartphone =)
prongs_386
ive got an nec e616v
its a good phone feature wise, but has trouble with my network and can be a bit screwy sometimes.
dotnet
I don't have any mobile device and feel myself just GREAT without it! Wink
marques1975
Hi!

Some years ago I had a Nokia 6150 and a 8310.
Today I have a Nokia 6010i. It’s easy to use; it has lots of features, and above all: it’s almost indestructible.
It has a nice autonomy although its two years of non-stop use.
The next one I will buy it will be a Nokia for sure (Perhaps Nokia 6280).

Oscar
tyrant
zz , using a nokia 7710. A good phone but was not popular with the consumers due to burly size and high price. Very durable and can compete with most high end phones

Anyone wanan buy me a N91?
Aless
I use an extremely cheap, but efficient, Nokia made for Virgin Mobile. It's basic, but it's small & it works!
quartz
I have old Nokia 5110. It is working for me very well. 4 years ago i have bought 1200mAh Li-ion batery, so phone is working 2 weeks without recharching.
jayzee
i have sonyerricson k508i.
it is very cool it has infra and a good camera i have been using it for about an year or so and the main problem i have encountered so far is that the mobile gets hanged if i get too many miss calls plus the joystick is no longer working at its best .
duckling
siemens c62 but I will buy a new one as soon as possible because I have been using this one for 2 years Very Happy
wapkralj
my last one was siemens c62,my crap now is Nokia 3220....wasted my money on it Very Happy .... stupid one Confused
jdawgy
I'm using a motorola v3, its cool because its really thin but function wise, there's not much to boast about.

I like the nokia 8800 but it costs a bomb, my mate was lucky enough to find one in a cab.

Technology changes so fast, its hard to keep up! And they're so expensive! Arrgh!!
aerialdreams
my phone's a crappy free one too, but I love it all the same! It's a Samsung A-660... but I hear I'll be getting a new phone this August! Razz
whplace
I use a Samsung X 480. Its an old model. But i like it cuz its cute.

It doesnt have Infrared or bluetooth. But it uses Java Games.

Thank you,

whplace
ricrose322
i love nokia. i hate flip phones... they always break... so i've just downgraded to my old nokia and it's fantastic.
hahame
anycall E550
bgbg
Quote:

which Mobile phone do u have?

None :-)
goansfr
Currently i have this old one Nokia 5110

because i'm still waiting my brand new mobile sony erircsson w810i. I love this one in black and i think its the best mobile in the world
Rmgk
ring ring ring BANANA PHONE FTW

nah i dont own a mobile....because

1. it gives you cancer
2. im too cheap, and i would make pranks
thiamshui
i have a Nokia 6680 handphone.. pretty decent phone with 3G, MMS capabilities, with applications to open microsoft office documents, etc.. i would prefer a phone with WiFi capbilities so I can surf the Internet at wireless hotspots though..
sibbahz
Im using my samsung z500, 3G enabled on o2 contract (uk)
Not a bad phone but had some problems with it in the past.
windrei
i am using the model of last year summer, sony ericsson k700i. i wanna change a new one, but too expensive. The battery of this mobile cannot last for too long.. i don't know why........... that creates problems.. as i like listening to music...
airh3ad
im using Nokia 3100 with globe sim card very handly celphone..this is my 1st cellular phone.
Josso
I'm using a Nokia 6101. It's not an amazing phone or anything but it has a camera, can text and has to capability to phone people... I'm happy Laughing

burneyrubber
sony k750i, but i never use it.
Shiva
Nokia 6230i I think, but I'm not to much into that whole mobile-thing..

All I know about my mobile is that my company pais it and that I can talk all that I want from it Wink
Summer
sony ericsson w800 user here...and i love it
larkin_z
Presently I have Sagem myC5-2. In fact I found it the best mobile I have ever had but it still lacks some main feature: bluetooth being the main lack. But I think the best mobile brand that till nowadays I have seen are Samsung and Nokia.. at leastthose who are imported in my country.
uniorzeroman
I have Samsung SGH-D600E, it's very good mobile.
darrenpaul
Sharp GX30...nice phone, vodafones main fone, that they promote the hell outta!
jongoldsz
Motorola V551. I think it is a good phone, but bluetooth always gets cut when I transfer files larger than 1 mb to it.
Jaime
Not yet the mobile phone has been imaginary...
godam64
i think nokia is one of the best mobile stuff in the world. they can found what the people want and stuff it on the mobile things. the quality is not quite bad either. the used nokia mobile phone is the best seller in my country. the price of the used still high in price. you can also change the cover of the skin as you like. that's why nokia is the best one in earth. but the mobile technologies are more higher and better the nokia. if nokia compete with the japanese mobile stuff, i bet nokia would 99% loose. everyone have it own favourite mobile stuff Smile
710ths
I have a SPV c600 which is a windows mobile phone. Its great with autosync to outlook so any contacts I enter on the mobile automatically updates my outlook contacts and email received are sent to my mobile. As I say great BUT all santuary has now been lost somebody can always get hold of me.

Otherwise I prefer Nokia phones, Sony I have found are generally too small...big fingers dont suit small buttons and not so intuitive
godam64
i have two cell phone right now.
- siemens m55 for gsm 800/1800/1900 mhz
and i'm using indosat mentari as provider
- sanex 5200 for cdma 2000 1x 1900 mhz
and i'm using indosat starone and telkom flexi as the providers
the sanex 5200 will be retire in several months since 1900 mhz frequency will be use as 3g based frequency

may be i will going to buy nokia 6015 or something else some day Embarassed
roadruner
i have a nokia 6020
a very poor thingy considering what you can get out there Wink
but it serves it's purpose for now, so i won't complain Smile
greekcovers
Sony Erickson k500i, very good. Very Happy
YourMom
I have a Samsung A650. I think it is a pretty nice phone, but I am getting a new one soon. (Hopefully)
mjohnson
Bird 波导
lucasjj
i have the sony-ericsson k300i, that's a very bad phone...
seuntech
Which phones are most the commonly used phones?

Just want to sample opinion of members to know which phones are mostly used and why?

I use Nokia myself because of ease of use and it does better than other phones when sending data.

What about you? (ed: what phone model do you use?) And why did you choose that phone?
Ikthar
I use a Nokia 6280. I don't know why i bought it, but I really like this phone. And it have a nice camera of two megapixels... Cool
alkady
An Old Ericson, But I guess it's about time I upgrade to something more presentable like a Motorola Rzor or Blackberry.
HoboPelican
I've got a Motorola 710, but, it, at least the Verizon version that I have, sucks. camera is awful, bluetooth is crippled...just not worth it. Time to look for something better, so I'll be watching here for ideas! Cool
Becky
i have a nokia 3210,

I think nokias are the most common phone, because werent they the first company to bring out phones without aerials?? or something like that anyway.
Also, i personally feel that because lots of people have them, they must be more reliable and better to use than other phones.

or am i just talking a load of junk?? Cool
myrevolt
Barebones Samsung SGH x427. I've had it for 2.5 years. Basic, but its lightweight (as far as free phones go; *cough* brick motos from nextel *cough*) and it works. It would be nice if it had a camera though...
HoboPelican
myrevolt wrote:
Barebones Samsung SGH x427. I've had it for 2.5 years. Basic, but its lightweight (as far as free phones go; *cough* brick motos from nextel *cough*) and it works. It would be nice if it had a camera though...

lol, yeah, my 710 is not small. Sad I thought the camera and blue tooth would be worth it Crying or Very sad I miss my barebones nokia 6610. That puppy could get lost in my change pocket. Laughing
Jaiye
I'd say most popular is either motorola or nokia. If I had to choose one I'd say nokia cause I hear they're really popular over in europe.

I have a motorola L6 though (like a variation of the SLVR)
Andrew426
I have a nokia 3586 and a siemens A60 (been planning to upgrade both)

I used to have a Sony Ericsson T230 which was absolutely horrible.
Buttons were tiny and hard, and if you used "chat" too long it would slow right down and you had to pull the battery out to turn it off.

You need to add Siemens to the list, every siemens I'v owned has got great reception and worked bloody well.
amusic
THe most common used phone is sony ericsson and nokia. However, I'm currently using motorola c300. Wink
IceNinjaa
i use a motorola but idk why i still do...motorolas have a habit of randomly restarting on me. idont know if its something i do or if its just the fone. but regardless i have the e815
CyanEyed
i'm waiting 4 the sony ericson k790i, 3.2mp camera feat. bestpic and a whole load of other stuff

ps. this is not an endorsement
Garethm1976
Ever since I got a Sony Ericsson P900 I left the boring and very very simple nokias, since then I have never looked back !!
I now own a sony ericsson w800 and still my original p900 (The only way I will get rid of my p900 is too replace it with a newer version).
Anyway my thinking is that Sony Ericsson have made leaps and bounds in the mobile world. And nokia seem to be stuck at the same menu and same looks and feels as they always have Sad
Alienz
My first phone was Nokia but now I am using Sony Ericsson. Like Sony Ericsson phones designs and feature Cool
drakordern
Nokia 5210 is tha shit.

I have dropped it, kicked it, mauled it. It still works.

It is dust and water resistant to.... soooo Nokia for the win
the-geek
Quote:
[seuntech]Which phones are most the commonly used phones?

if the poll was started as "Which phone/s you use? then it would have been easy to understand to more voters..
i use Moto C380. cheap but after tweaking with the phone i got it play mp3, 3gp videos, even i incresed its internal space 1.2MB to 2.5mb just by deleting some unwanted files. its better than Nokia or any other brand in its class. now upgrading it to Nokia 6600 for its Symbian OS. here i dont have a choce because of the price factor. Nokia is like Internet Explorer..
David_Pardy
I had a Samsung phone once.

ONCE...

Nokia FTW. They're easy to use. I have a 6230i, it can do everything I want it to do. The only problem is that there's no good games available for mobile phones which I don't get bored of after 5 minutes.
Ikthar
David_Pardy wrote:
I had a Samsung phone once.

ONCE...

Nokia FTW. They're easy to use. I have a 6230i, it can do everything I want it to do. The only problem is that there's no good games available for mobile phones which I don't get bored of after 5 minutes.

Try to find Rally 3D, by Nokia. I always play it when I'm bored... Laughing
Tatsumaru
I have a samsung (don't know what kind of model haha) because my dad bought my it for my birthday 2 years ago. I don't use it that often though, just to stay in touch with my girlfriend when I'm away.
Jack_Hammer
I have a nokia 3330, The only phone I've had, and I must say that I got it mainly because i had seen other people get the same phone so I got one and I lvoed it. Now it is smashed and broken but it still works.
Very Happy
mavahntooth
i voted sony ericsson. im using k700i.
darvit
I have a Nokia 7270. It's a flip phone [which looks cool], and it's got everything I need: a camera, FM radio, GPRS, infrared, video recorder with the basic stuff we all need like voice calls, SMS, MMS.

Nokia is common in Europe and many parts of Asia, but in the US... it's not as popular as the MotoRAZRs or PEBLs [if they have it in the US already!]. And GSM is still catching up in the US, unlike in many parts of the world where it's been a standard.
KernEnergie
I have an LG, it's really cool. But it's an old LG, I have it for years. The camera is
meet in rio
I see loads of Nokias and Samsungs.

I have an Alcatel which should probably be in a museum by now. My grandma gave it to me in 2000 when she got a new one and I hardly use it, so I haven't bothered replacing it.
hlavco
Wait.... is this poll to find out what phone we use? Or is it what phone we think is used the most? I dunno, but I use an LG, and I've seen a lot of those around lately, so I'm just gonna vote or it.

I don't know what the phone is called, I'm not gonna memorize the number that y phone is, like some people do. "Hey have you seen the new 1200?! No way, man, the 1350's MUCH cooler!" I just know I have an LG, because that's what it says on the front. Confused
38club
Some fifteen years ago, only those tycoons and highly paid executives could afford portable phones. now everybody seems to have one .. coz now the prices of phone is low... everyone can buy it... want phone that you use ? which company of handphone is the most popular... is that nokia...
EVILSKAAP
38club wrote:
Some fifteen years ago, only those tycoons and highly paid executives could afford portable phones. now everybody seems to have one .. coz now the prices of phone is low... everyone can buy it... want phone that you use ? which company of handphone is the most popular... is that nokia...

It does not just seem that everyone has a mobile phone, EVERTONE has one!

I LOVE MY MOTOROLA MPx200!!(wm2003)
jayandsilo
nokia 6610i
mying
38club wrote:

ya.. nokia is the most popular one... I use nokia 3200..
Zug Zug
I have a nokia......the big old kind lol...bought it on e-bay for 14.00 +S&H. I want a new phone lol.
Saurabh
mannnn NOKIA sucks..... believe me i hv been withem for quite sometime.... it truly sucks
NG
nokia 8210 Sad
and a LG dnt no wot type of LG it is Razz
Garga
I use Nokia 6610
Shin
From my experience, Nokia is the best. When you have a Nokia phone, you can always assure that it won't let you down. The quality wise is second to none. But sometimes I don't like them, because they are so long lasting I can't really find an excuse to change it Smile
I have been using the same phone for more than 3 years now. During this time, it's been dropped numerous time that I can't even remember how many. But it's still working like a charm. Because of that I feel difficult to change phone. Sad
Scotty Too Hotty
i have said this before and i will say it again lol, In the Cellphone industry, the two most common models for the regular users are:

Nokia
Motorolla

BOth offer good phones, at decent prices.

I work in the Cellphone industry hence why i can consider myself an expert.

Motorola is top of the line, when something new is being offered or invented motorolla is at the cutting edge, offering it first, or next to first. For example the coolest thing about the MOTORAZR is that the antenna (or intenna if you will) is not located in the typicalspot of most phones. In Clamshell (FlipPhones) the most common place to have an intenna is behind the screen in the portion that goes to your ear. With the RAZR it is opposite, and the Antenna is actually pointed downwards to the mouthpiece.

Motorlla's most popular phones right now are the V3 RAZR, V3i RAZR, L7 SLVR, the PEBL, and the Motorolla Q. The V3 is a 4th quarter model from last year where the SLVR is a Late Fourth Quarter, early first quarter phone. The V3i is a late 1st Quarter, and the PEBL is the SAME. The Q on the other hand is the newest being a second quarter phone. The Q has a full QWERTY keyboard on it, but in the GSM model is it only a Dual Band Phone with the 850 and 1900 MHz Bands. (only good for north america)

The older phones that are still quite Popular are the V551, and also even the V220. In my opinion really bad phones.

On the Nokia Side of it all, the most common right now are the 6101, 6103, 3220, and also the 6680. All great phones, but still cheap. Nokia tends to use the same technology as motorolla but only once it has been tried and tested. This makes their phones better inb the fact that there is not apt to be a recall on these phones as all the bugs were worked out by other companies. Dont get me wrong they they still are pioneering some technologies on their new phones.

In regards tot he business man, the Blackberry is definatly the most common choice. Most common model right now is likely the 7290. Bulky wide phone but the simplicity of it makes it easy to use. Its a quadband phone on GSM networks making it the busness mans dream as it can be used in all countries (almost) but not in Japan. The second most common is the 8700, nice phone better display and less bulky, making it better. Finnally though my chouce of the blackberries i have used is the 7130. This is basically a bar phone. Is very smart and makes life on the road easier.

After the RIM Blackberry comes the Palm TREO. The palm treo 650 is running in first place in their brandings followed by the 600, and now with the launch of the 700, im curious to see how that will change. The thing about the 700, the only difference from the 650 is a slightly different looking handset, and also that it is using Windows Mobile rather than the Palm os. (I prefer the palm OS with the Touch Screen)

I have tried most of these phones, and work with them on a daily basis. This is where my ananlysis comes from.

THanks

Scotty
Scotty Too Hotty
also my theories come from Canada as i deal with Rogers wireless, a communications expert in Home pHone, VOIP, Hi-speed internet, Digital Dialup, Cellular, and Cable (Regular, Digital, and HD)

sorry for the plug lol
dommemg
I'm using a Sony Ericsson K750i, and i love it, but i like K800i better.
ItsWesley
I've got an old motorola v525 and I don't really like it, the interface is pretty bad and the phone doesn't have any looks.
I think nokia and sony ericsson phones are better but some are quite costly.
Mr. McCoy
Currently I have a Nokia phone...But its almost broke so i´ll buy a SonyEricsson w810i...That´s NICE!!
Wee;D
kackel
Im gonna buy a new phone soon, and now im gonna write my own little phone history:

1. Nokia 3310 (2002-2004)
2. Nokia 3510i (2003-2003)
3.Sony Ericsson (T610 ?? the first with camera (2003-2004)
4.Nec 616extreme (2004-2004)
5.Motorola A920 (didnt use it, but i had it) (2004-2005)
6.Sony Ericsson Z800 (2005-2006)
7. THIS IS MY NEW ONE IN THIS YEAR; 2006 !!Smile
spoon1985
I don't know why you don't get on with the Sony Ericsson... I've found the SEs to be very good - built like tanks (apart from the middle joysticks), very intuitive menus, etc.

Also, you can use Float's Mobile Agent, which is a pretty useful mobile phone tool, almost makes it worthwhile to buy a SE!

Only bad thing about them is the fact that the joysticks eventually go.
wsco
i like Samsung mobiles
it have the best screens i think
AR Styles
NOKIA by far
hsadmin
Devil wrote:

Motorola with cingular.. The razr..
TheGremlyn
Well I have an LG phone. It looks nice and I still like playing around with it. I'm just annoyed that it has slowed down so soon after buying it. I just got it in January and I noticed the lag during the summer. My boyfriend has a Samsung and it looks pretty nice. I don't think his has had any issues right now and it seems to run pretty fast. Its a little bigger than mine so I'm not as impressed by that.

Another phone I'd consider if the iPhone simply because I like the touch screen. I still have this old clunker of an iPod touch (1st gen) and its still running, its smooth, hasn't slowed down. AND it survived a screen replacement (performed by myself). I think the apps a kind of different for those with iPhones and iPod touches.

Somewhere on my list if the Blackberry. Not sure. I like the Curve and the Bold looks about the same. I did like the one where it was a touch screen and you could push that up and have a keyboard. I like those kind of keyboard inputs. Touchscreens are weird when it comes to typing and you can't feel where the buttons are. With your hands on a computer keyboard you can feel where the keys are and you hands can automatically rest on it over the correct keys. If you took that away and just had your hands on a flat surface, you couldn't tell where the keys were without looking.

So that's what I have to say. Its probably way different than what other people are offering, but it's some things that I think about when I look at phones.
Cosmoslayer
I think for the past few the best mobile phone there is Nokia, but now I thnik it's Samsung. Very Happy
nepalstar
I think Nokia is the better one, currently I'm using Nokia 6630 since last 4 years which was old model since I purchased I'm not facing any problem in this Nokia set but now I'm thinking to have smart phone. In smart phone series I heard that Apple iPhone is best but that's too expensive so I'm thinking to have Samsung Smart Phone soon.

but still I think Nokia is the better one...!
RosenCruz
wow, seems to be an old thread without recent market changes Rolling Eyes
MoeenRana
Galaxy SIII is best.....
dalin89
I like Iphone 5,hehe...
siemens13
Nokia is the best mobile company.