FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Changements to the Points/frih$ system (Discuss)

mOrpheuS
Bondings wrote:
Just to announce that I made some rather big changes to the points system. They are still in the testing phase, though.

What is changed?
-No points are given for the fact of posting itself, only for the length of the posts.
-More points are given per character.
-The maximum limit of Points/frih$ is changed from 2.5 to 3.

Why is it changed?
-A lot of people were posting very short posts with sometimes just a few words instead of posting longer, more interesting, quality posts. I'm always trying to higher the quality of the posts and making these community forums a more interesting place to visit.
-It's not fair to give one Point for posting "yes", while other people only get 2.5 Points for a quality post of a whole page, spending up to an hour to write it.

Please discuss the Changes to the Points/FRIH$ system in this thread.
chennai
Nice idea Bondings.I like it and waiting for it.Why dont you increse the maximum points to 5
Bondings
chennai wrote:
Nice idea Bondings.I like it and waiting for it.Why dont you increse the maximum points to 5

That would be a bit too much and make spamming with big copied articles way too attractive.
windval
it is quite good

this can stop the short reply~~
SunburnedCactus
windval wrote:
it is quite good

For example yours? Wink

Looks like my "witty" comments will require a greater deal of depth then. Or maybe more use of bold text... Razz
naz
I think this idea has some pros and cons.

On the one hand the lenght of post will increase and so the possibility (!) for better Post. But not always are longer Post better Post.On the other users will be forced to write more spam-post. What I mean: Some users do not have the ability to write frequently good posts or don't want to write them. So the amount of short spam could be increased leading to a much more spoiled Forum/thread.

Just my humble opininon...
Sappho
SunburnedCactus wrote:
windval wrote:
it is quite good

For example yours? Wink

Looks like my "witty" comments will require a greater deal of depth then. Or maybe more use of bold text... Razz

I think there is no need to post only long comments just for the sake to get more points. Its not going to eliminate short posts, it will just eliminate the amount of short posts aka. spam couse there will be less reasons for em. Smile
tidruG
I just got 0.73 points for closing a duplicate thread... I was wondering how it happened to go below 1 Razz

Anyway, I support the idea... however, I vote against increasing max points per post to 3, I think 2.5 is enough.
Panthrowzay
Oh thank the lord this is a great improvement !
damj
I agree ... good idea, though one thing I've noticed ... people who don't have alot to say ... say alot .... therefore, for some ... it won't lead to better posts ... just more of them ... Laughing
Amsilva
That's a good way to increase quality posts. I dont know how frishs/points mod works, but if it possible, you could set a minimal of words/caracters for start to earn frishs/points.

In a long term, you could set another system for award quality posts (i think this system dont exists):

User1 starts a new topic. Other users replays. When the number of replays go along a X number, the User1 starts to earn 0,01 or 0,5 or 0.,0001 frishs/points (you set the value).
You also could award other/firsts "replayers" bealf a greater X number of posts on the topic.
And so one... a chain based system for posts. From this you could set several new ideas for dynamize frihost forum...
n0obie4life
:\.

So, you are planning to make it harder for me to gaim FRIH$ by raising the limit :\

Evil.

btw, I hope you don't mind me moving this to announcements and announcifying it.
ainieas
The change seems promising but can't something be done about copy/pasting. Like all the quotes don't count to the amount of points a poster earns. Cool
mtorregiani
I'm completely agree, this is a good form to prevent SPAM
lockwolf
Thank you Bondings, though it will be harder for me to get uber Frih$, I like it!
falconfx
Personally I don't agree to this new measures. I think there should be a minimum amount of points for every message and then more points for every written character. Another way would be increasing the "per character" points, as for now they are a bit low.

I don't own a full-time Internet connection, so I can't spend much time to write long messages to get few points.

If this measure remains unchanged, I WILL LEAVE frihost, although it's the BEST web-space hoster among the Web I know.

I hope the Admin will take the fair decision.

Sincerely, falconfx
WebSiteGuru
I think it would be great to required a minimum length of characters (words) to recieved point for posting. And there should also be a maximum too, just incase someone decided to try to beat the system by copying and pasting an article that they probably no written themselves and try to get points.

That is my 2.09885301000101 cents worth of inputs. Wink But what ever the frihost admin decided on what need to be done it is fine by me. Very Happy
NG
Well i thnk its a great idea Bondings thnx
Atomo64
and what would be better is to have an algorithm that depending on the words you use, the length and other factors, it gives you an x number of points; because as you are saying, I could just write some some some some words words words, and I could could could get get get, more more more points points points. BTW, if you think that I'm doing in pourpose to get more points, I'm not, I'm just explaining, so I don't care if you reduce my points because of the spam spam spam (Razz) of this post. But I think that this gives you and idea of what I'm talking about. Wink
dan751
I like the idea. I support it. I have to agree that it'll help reduce spamming a lot. I also like that people won't be able to walk away from a thread with a whole point even though they posted only 1 word. This thread for example Very Happy : http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14629 .Wink
alja
I don't think that the quality of the post will get better because of the amount of content. I believe people will certainly try to write more because of the points but not necessarily "better" in conclusion you will get a lot of text but about the quality I'll doubt. I think that there are people who enjoys writing and others not. This is a nice community and even though the desire of making it better is great we cannot forget that everything isn't perfect.
By the way I just edited one of my posts and see that even though I don't make any change I get 0,00037 or so points. I don't know if it was like that before but just in case.
midimine
Donlt forget that quality is not the same as the size that you write Laughing
midimine
midimine wrote:
Donlt forget that quality is not the same as the size that you write Laughing

Quantity text, could mean a lot of useless for the forumreader Embarassed

Wow just gained 0.037 points with the message Evil or Very Mad

Sorry had to test the new rules Wink
polopolo
This looks a good plan!!!
Now hope that people stopping with smart posting!

@ midimine: Yeah, Your post is too smile Twisted Evil
wumingsden
dan751 wrote:
I like the idea. I support it. I have to agree that it'll help reduce spamming a lot. I also like that people won't be able to walk away from a thread with a whole point even though they posted only 1 word. This thread for example Very Happy : http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14629 .Wink

I think that the URL that you were referring to is quite funny, wouldn't it be possible just to make a forum that doesn't use Points (if you are using the Mod by Xore then I know that this is possible). It might also move things like this to one place rather than it being located in every forum possible (just an example of what it could do).

About the Points system, I think it'll help. Although I also believe that longer posts doesn't automatically mean that they'll be better than all others. I also think that at the Support Forum you shouldn't be able to recieve points for the simple fact that Topics are always (usually) short-lived therefore no need for them.
xorcist
That's good finally we get more points then 2.5.
desertwind
I dont like this idea at all. This is too bad for those who have hosting on frihost. Why dont you decrease the per day deduction to, say 0.5 points along with this change ?
wumingsden
desertwind wrote:
I dont like this idea at all. This is too bad for those who have hosting on frihost. Why dont you decrease the per day deduction to, say 0.5 points along with this change ?

I disagree with you, my website is hosted here on Server 2 and I believe that everyone should contribute towards the community (in this case the forum). We are getting free hosting with no ads, pop-ups, etc, unlimited databases, tonnes of space, etc, which is such a great deal. I really don't know how they can afford it. how do you afford it Bondings?
saiyeek
Remaining active in the forum doesn't mean we have to keep on posting to get points. This is not a good idea i suppose. To get points all of us may post anything, coz its always fun to see our points rising. If you really want to increase the quality of the forum, points should be given for how many times a frihoster login to the forum. That will be nice coz reading posts in the forum is good experience and personally I post articles to gain points. I love to read posts from other user. If i read the posts from other users, isn't that I am active in the forum. I think Bondings should think of this.
wumingsden
saiyeek wrote:
Remaining active in the forum doesn't mean we have to keep on posting to get points. This is not a good idea i suppose. To get points all of us may post anything, coz its always fun to see our points rising. If you really want to increase the quality of the forum, points should be given for how many times a frihoster login to the forum. That will be nice coz reading posts in the forum is good experience and personally I post articles to gain points. I love to read posts from other user. If i read the posts from other users, isn't that I am active in the forum. I think Bondings should think of this.

Thats quite a good idea, although it may prove difficult to write a mod like this as I'm just about sure there isn;t one already out there. The only problem with it is people might not post for the sake of it and also some people might abuse it (by logging in and out continously) whilst after 10 (or 20) posts ~ i forgot ~ you stop recieceing points.
smokey4life
I think this is all a good idea to keep people form posting those oh so annoying "Me Too" messages it irritates me when im following a convo cause then i have that many more posts/pages to scroll through to get to anything that has a point to it!

Anyways i have a question for you about this point system, how does it work when you guys purge old posts does your frih$ get removed as well as your points for those posts? Or do you retain your Frih$ that you havent used?
SunburnedCactus
You never lose your Frih$ unless you spend them. Your points are automatically levelled at 45 each day, and then decrease by 1 each day that you do not post.
PuNGS
I like the idea, but I don't think it will bring more quality posts to Frihost. I agree that people will start to write more, but I don't think it would be some quality thoughs.
Also, if there's a way to don't give points for the quoted messages, it would be nice.

Overall, it's a nice idea.
asturmas
Bondings, thus this excellent o system! Thus havera each time little Spam and flod...! It continues with the good work!

Cumps
narc
PuNGS wrote:
...I don't think it will bring more quality posts to Frihost. I agree that people will start to write more, but I don't think it would be some quality thoughs.

I think it is going to make people ramble on more about stuff that most people will not consider "quality".

A good forum has lots of posts and lots of members, and idealy lots of people linking to it; but not necessarily long posts. I personally can't stand long posts.

Say what you want to say and move on.
lockwolf
One thing I would like to see is that the max Frih$ per post limit be even higher than three. Though yes, it will be harder with the current point system, I have seen posts that go wayyyy beyond the 2.5 Frih$ cap and could easily go higher and be worth the equvilent of 3 or 4 posts. Also, you may think that it will promote spamming with people creating excessively long posts that actually max out but who would be that desperate about Virtual Money? Just a thought to throw out there.
Bondings
smokey4life wrote:
I think this is all a good idea to keep people form posting those oh so annoying "Me Too" messages it irritates me when im following a convo cause then i have that many more posts/pages to scroll through to get to anything that has a point to it!

Anyways i have a question for you about this point system, how does it work when you guys purge old posts does your frih$ get removed as well as your points for those posts? Or do you retain your Frih$ that you havent used?

Yes, but depending on how they are removed. However, I certainly won't prune useful topics as they are quite valuable (google) to me.
Quote:
Also, if there's a way to don't give points for the quoted messages, it would be nice.

This is already implemented. No points are given for quotes.

@lockwolf, I only did this not to promote long posts but to get rid of the "shorties". I mean, the 5 word sentences or smiley posts. By the way, it's now easier to reach 2.5-3 Points as the amount of points per character is almost doubled. You should get 1 point per 2-3 sentences.

I won't make the limit higher than 3 points because it would make spamming way too easy. I would rather manually reward users for long quality posts. At the moment, I only did it like 2-3 times, but this will be easier once I make a special link for it.

@Others, the time to protest is now and not in one month. If you don't like this system, let us/me know why. Wink
n0obie4life
1. PROTEST!!!!
2. PROTEST!!!!
3. We can't post quality posts when closing topics.
4. No minimum is boring. It just generates more spam.

- A new user comes in and gains 1 point per post. He has to post 10 posts to get his hosting. He'll get pissed off at 5 and start spamming. THAT'S BAD!!!!
- With the old system, the user would have gained 2 points per post. So, all he needs is the ADVERTISED 5 posts.

So, technically, you are lying with the 5posts and 10 points system, the user ALWAYS has to post >5 posts to get his hosting. And it's near impossible to get the 3 points in total unless you are posting in SOME debate ( which most new users won't bother posting in, MOST not ALL, or whatever, or you copied and pasted some nice chunk of copy and pasted stuff.

Come on, join me. Or you'll all suffer under his evil hands Smile.
Soulfire
It sounds good to me, although I already know people that copy articles just for the sake of points. Oh well, it's not something you can really control.

Nice thoughts.
n0obie4life
Soulfire wrote:
It sounds good to me, although I already know people that copy articles just for the sake of points. Oh well, it's not something you can really control.

Nice thoughts.

Yes we can, sending daily warning PMs to them. Then banning them and etc.

That's my favourite job here, banning people. I contributed to quite alot of the banlist here Wink.
dysturbedstatic
i say set the max at 5 and disable right paste. i would enjoy getting credit for some of the articles i wrote on ghosts and stuff.
n0obie4life
dysturbedstatic wrote:
i say set the max at 5 and disable right paste. i would enjoy getting credit for some of the articles i wrote on ghosts and stuff.

It's impossible to disable copy and paste. And if we managed to, we'd be sued probably, cause we would have dumped a virus or something.
Insanity
I have to agree that long posts does not mean the same thing as quality posts. It's is really hard to be able to force a user to post thoughtful, grammatically correct, deep posts. Sure, you can make everyone write up super long posts, but that doesn't mean they will be necessarily good ones. Although... you can probably weed out the weak from the hardcore. New members would probably be repelled by the amount of posts you would need.
phileplanet
I can finally write more that a paragraph and get over 2.5 points for it. Whoohoo!
n0obie4life
phileplanet wrote:
I can finally write more that a paragraph and get over 2.5 points for it. Whoohoo!

But it won't be as simple. You have to probably write a 10 paragraph post.
Dragonfly
A very good move, good news for real and serious members, but bad news for spammers who just drop in few words to stay active.

I think this is a very good thing so that deserving members will get more fri$ in the process. Thanks.
lockwolf
n0obie4life wrote:
phileplanet wrote:

But it won't be as simple. You have to probably write a 10 paragraph post.

No, I have already maxed out on probably a 7 sentence paragraph that contained a lot of thought and detail. I think this post here is probably worth at least a point and a half or more. Its not that hard.
MOBILEFRIEND
Excellent idea! Now everyone will have to post big reply's instead of short messages. However, I'm not sure if this wil have the effect you want it to have. Time wil tell.

I wil visit the forum very often, to see if your plans take effect.

Sorry for my bad use of the English language. I'm from the Netherlands, so now you know why...
SoftStag
I think this is an excellent idea. The quality of some posts is very poor and makes reading some threads tiresome. I'm all for it.

I agree with the limit of 3 points per post; however, it would be nice that if someone writes a really useful article they can be awarded extra points in some way. Maybe if you introduce a scoring system for posts and for every 10 individuals that score the post as excellent automatically awards another point to the poster, and if 10 individuals score the post as spam the posted loses all points for the post. Just a thought...
vignesh_natraj
the new point system is a bit difficult.please be a little bit easy on the members
n0obie4life
vignesh_natraj wrote:
the new point system is a bit difficult.please be a little bit easy on the members

Bondings wrote:
@Others, the time to protest is now and not in one month. If you don't like this system, let us/me know why.

Rolling Eyes
nam_siddharth
Bondings wrote:
Others, the time to protest is now and not in one month. If you don't like this system, let us/me know why.

It will be early to say anything about the new point system. We must need at least 15 days to decide, whether the new system is better or not.

We have have to see, whether it increases spams or quality posts.
James007
n0obie4life wrote:
1. PROTEST!!!!
2. PROTEST!!!!
3. We can't post quality posts when closing topics.
4. No minimum is boring. It just generates more spam.

- A new user comes in and gains 1 point per post. He has to post 10 posts to get his hosting. He'll get pissed off at 5 and start spamming. THAT'S BAD!!!!
- With the old system, the user would have gained 2 points per post. So, all he needs is the ADVERTISED 5 posts.

So, technically, you are lying with the 5posts and 10 points system, the user ALWAYS has to post >5 posts to get his hosting. And it's near impossible to get the 3 points in total unless you are posting in SOME debate ( which most new users won't bother posting in, MOST not ALL, or whatever, or you copied and pasted some nice chunk of copy and pasted stuff.

Come on, join me. Or you'll all suffer under his evil hands Smile.

I join the protest group Twisted Evil
Commando_Sondre
Bondings wrote:
Just to announce that I made some rather big changes to the points system. They are still in the testing phase, though.

What is changed?
-No points are given for the fact of posting itself, only for the length of the posts.

Why is it changed?
-A lot of people were posting very short posts with sometimes just a few words instead of posting longer, more interesting, quality posts. I'm always trying to higher the quality of the posts and making these community forums a more interesting place to visit.
-It's not fair to give one Point for posting "yes", while other people only get 2.5 Points for a quality post of a whole page, spending up to an hour to write it.
A great change, I love it. Finally the short answers will be away. I know that this is gonna be good and many peoples are gonna get glad about it.

Greetings
Sondre
Devil
i like the idea ,

but the user should still be able to make small post, even if doesnt gets points,

cuz seriously i would not like to read a thread with 20 replies , when each post is one page long ,

even 4 lines can make a good post , although they wont get big points for it , but as bondings said ,he would give points to good posters , that is a good move ,
srijit
yeah.... you cant expect everyone to write pages of stuff. now most people will try to cram as much as possible into a post in order to get max points. this makes the post large and thus people tend to skip it. but as it is a trial lets see how it goes Smile

-- notice that under the old system my answer woud have been, " yeah, lets try it out" Razz
snowboardalliance
I think this is a good idea. Like the post I'm making now will get less points than normal because it's not overly long. Hopefully this will work to stop short posts.
ColourHouse
its a good system, but obviously you cant count in integers, because you will get those short posts and those long posts!

perhaps make a large change on what the points are worth and make the points have a larger range, as in make points worth less than they are now, but make letters worth more points, in effect its like using decimal points extensively, but its alot easier to see and understand (hope that makes sense haha)
cepher
Ill agree with the owner...because it is his site. Although, I must admit, spam is what truly defines a forum's character. Personally, I think resistance is futile, but it is a brave effort. Good luck trying to do what I could never.
Marston
Seems like a good idea, but there is one caveat; sure, this new point system could encourage people to make longer posts in an attempt to earn more points, or it could push people to make more, short, low quality posts.

Personally, I don't think you can enforce quality by updating the point system. There will always be people who post one-liners in forums - you'll never get around that. No offense or anything, Bondings. Smile
dxhunter
Its not good write 3 phapraphy and give about 1 points very very low. not good idea or you change down point level 1 days down 0.5 point ?? its possible ?
Donutey
I officially like the new system, it seems a lot more fair. I often write full paragraph responses and feel that if I had broken it up into multiple posts I would have been given more frih... good one admin. However, I wish the total points wouldn't have to be limited so much even with the occasional person who ruins it... I think mods could take care of it.

Aw well my 2c. Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
cepher wrote:
Ill agree with the owner...because it is his site. Although, I must admit, spam is what truly defines a forum's character. Personally, I think resistance is futile, but it is a brave effort. Good luck trying to do what I could never.

The owner told you to protest if you hate it Smile.

@ Bondings

Can we just put back the minimum of 1 FRIH$ / post? I don't really care about the rest.
LandShark
i honestly dont think you get enough for each post. I really dont know how many points or whatever you need to keep it for a day, but when i post a paragraph or so and get about 1? i like the old way before. Though, you could spam and get alot of cash, you still can. All you need to do is fill the whole box up with a ton of spam, then edit it and take alot of it away. Why couldnt everyone just do that to get aton of points and credits and all that cool stuff, but look completely innocent. . . Doesnt seem right. Now im not sure if that would work or not, ive never tried, but i believe it would. So anyways, i think you should go back to the way the system was set up before.
ignition
Nice idea. Good to see that a shitty post such as this won't be giving me an entire point now Laughing

edit - @ Landshark: the only people on these boards I see spamming are people who joined less than a month ago and have almost half the postcount as me... these changes should [hopefully] be for the better.
asturmas
Already now the maximum of points per day continues to be the 45 or changed nº of points? I am the reply wait!

Wink
n0obie4life
asturmas wrote:
Already now the maximum of points per day continues to be the 45 or changed nº of points? I am the reply wait!

Wink

No, the maximum is still 45. It's just that the amoutn of points you can earn / post is being changed and the amount of points/FRIH$ you get / post is changed too.

And obviously, some Frihosters are protesting against it (esp me).
corey
I don't see any negatives to this. I'll post as I usually do and keep a positive balance. I've selected frihost as my webhost, not because of the space and bandwidth, but for the community, too. I'll plug along as usual and I'm sure this new assessment will not affect me negatively at all.

...but you never know...
srijit
cant you give 1 frih$ when you post a reply of over 10 words or something. that will keep the replies decent and placate noobie4life a little Razz
OTOH i dont care about the points, i usually post when i find something i can reply to, so it doesnt matter to me much Very Happy
nam_siddharth
srijit wrote:
cant you give 1 frih$ when you post a reply of over 10 words or something. that will keep the replies decent

I agree. A short reply may be sufficient for many posts.
SoftStag
n0obie4life wrote:
Can we just put back the minimum of 1 FRIH$ / post? I don't really care about the rest.

I disagree. Too many people put 1 or 2 word posts in. This is neither beneficial to the thread or the community; and it certainly shouldn't qualify as a days free hosting!
SoftStag
Incidently, I got 0.78 points for the previous post. I think that is generous for less than 2 lines of text!
n0obie4life
SoftStag wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

I disagree. Too many people put 1 or 2 word posts in. This is neither beneficial to the thread or the community; and it certainly shouldn't qualify as a days free hosting!

If a post is > 10 words, then the 1 FRIH$/Points per post minimum is back. That's okay?
SoftStag
n0obie4life wrote:
If a post is > 10 words, then the 1 FRIH$/Points per post minimum is back. That's okay?

OK, I would be happy with that. Also happy with the new process. I just don't think excessively short posts should earn 1 point. 10 words can be a useful post though.
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
SoftStag wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

Are you saying that it is back, or that it will be put back soon?
n0obie4life
I'm hoping it'll be put back, as a matter of fact.
Devil
n0obie4life wrote:
I'm hoping it'll be put back, as a matter of fact.

i dont think bonding will change it , since many people like the new system
simplyw00x
Quote:
The change seems promising but can't something be done about copy/pasting. Like all the quotes don't count to the amount of points a poster earns. Cool

I can understand your concern, but there are two problems:
1) As Bondings has stated, this is already implemented
2) This leads to people simply not using QUOTE for their ripped articles

I really think that someone posting a ripped tutorial, not in quotes, no source given, should be instantly and permentantly banned, or at the very least banned for a few days. Frihost doesn't need such blatant spamming and it's becoming a real problem.

There's no way an automated system is going to control spamming; I personally don't care how many points or FRI$ I get because I'm always OK on points and $FRI are pretty worthless anyway. The only solution to spamming is to warn and ban; short posts can be just as good as long rambling ones and the system doesn't account for wit, utility or relevance so it's always go to screw someone and spam's not going to go away. Good forums require the human element as well.
yokonative
well, at first of course, most people are just mad ad it and just want the wuick points so they dotn have to write a bunch of crap. however, the more i think about it, the more i think that would do the same. I mean, yuor giving us 250 free mgb..10 gb BW....and its awsome../i in conclusion, i think that it is more than fair and support it 100%..even thuogh i have to post more..lol
LandShark
I like the idea if its over 10 words than it should be 1 frih$. But for 2 maybe you should have to post like 25 or 30 or maybe even 40 words. When i make a post and i see i earned a decimal it makes me sad =(. . . jk but really they should increase it just a little more
joe_nl
And what about quotes? Are these including to the points you earn?
I mean: if I should quote the text of the person who wrote above me, I should have a lot more characters (and words).

Sometimes you see an awnser to the question just one post above, and in my oppinion such quotes should become forbidden: why quoting if it's just readable above? I suggest quoting is good when you awnser a question that is asked a few post, or a page or something back, or for example a single sentence out of a whole text.

Are quotes included to the points you earn, or not?
Just wondering...
babumuchhala
Stop fooling around n0ob. You are just overreacting.

I do support this new chnages to the fullest.

Here's one suggestion to calm n0ob down, maybe increase the minimum points earned to 0.5 from 0. That will (or maybe) calm n0ob somewhat.

But I dont find anything wrong with the changes & a good job Bondings Very Happy
Blaster
n0obie4life wrote:
cepher wrote:

The owner told you to protest if you hate it Smile.

@ Bondings

I am 100% aggred with n00bie on this one. The 0.65871 just seems wrong. The rest is ok though.
s3clan
Bondings wrote:

What is changed?

Why is it changed?

This is all a great idea but i feel looking here the biggest thing missing for me personally is a place that quite plainly and visibly informs members how many points and or valuable posts they have possibly also how many remaing until free webspace is accessible. Well if there is one and im blind or dumb and missed it let me know or tell me if you like this idea im always interested to hear and make suggestions. Thanks keep up the great work this service sounds amazing, cool forums to hang out at as well. Cant wait to post up a page i made once i get my webspace (fingers crossed lol Razz) anyhow anyone heard of joomla if not check out my other posts it can help in webpage creation. Take it easy hope this info somehow helps.
s3clan
Bondings wrote:

What is changed?

Why is it changed?

Sorry im such a newb first post and didnt realize its in your post info... Very embarassed Embarassed Sorry. Wow i feel dumb.

This is all a great idea but i feel looking here the biggest thing missing for me personally is a place that quite plainly and visibly informs members how many points and or valuable posts they have possibly also how many remaing until free webspace is accessible. Well if there is one and im blind or dumb and missed it let me know or tell me if you like this idea im always interested to hear and make suggestions. Thanks keep up the great work this service sounds amazing, cool forums to hang out at as well. Cant wait to post up a page i made once i get my webspace (fingers crossed lol Razz) anyhow anyone heard of joomla if not check out my other posts it can help in webpage creation. Take it easy hope this info somehow helps.
bluedragon
I've always been lost on this whole point system deal. But, whatever. I'll keep making posts. Sometimes a one or two-lined response is all I can give, though. Many of the posts made in the General Chat forums are simple like this.

I don't like forums anyway. I'm more of a blog person. Yet, I'm willing to contribute to this community because I like how it works. Razz
LA Ridge
This is a great idea I believe. I was posting my butt off for awhile and noticed that some of my longer posts were not making as much as some of my short posts. So this is good.

I have been very busy doing lot's of work on my site, and my own forum needs constant attention... lol But I love this forum and the benefits are outstanding! These young minds here are the most interesting young people around today! I know, I have much experience in this area.
n0obie4life
simplyw00x wrote:
Quote:

I can understand your concern, but there are two problems:
1) As Bondings has stated, this is already implemented
2) This leads to people simply not using QUOTE for their ripped articles

He said the time to protest is now. Not later.

babumuchhala wrote:
Stop fooling around n0ob. You are just overreacting.

I do support this new chnages to the fullest.

Here's one suggestion to calm n0ob down, maybe increase the minimum points earned to 0.5 from 0. That will (or maybe) calm n0ob somewhat.

But I dont find anything wrong with the changes & a good job Bondings Very Happy

1 FRIH$ is perfection. 0.5 is okay.

And the lack of points being earnt is horrible.

@ Bondings, I think it's impossible to see who wants the minimum earnings to be increased to "1" or 0.5 per post or just stay at zero. Or 1point/frih$ for posts above 10 words.

We should have a new topic to vote for it.
atin
For years I have been telling my girlfriends that length doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Now all my good work is being undone by this draconian new policy.

The pithy one-liner is sometimes a lot more fun than pages of stream-of-consciousness drivel which some of the more self-obsessed contributors go for.

Now I suppose I am only going to get half-a-point for this work of genius whereas some bore-monster will get three just for writing about what he heard in his psychology lecture this morning.
Jazz
I think that the new changes are quite good but it is meant to be quality that matters not quantity and no offense bondings because i really like the new changes but there are some things about that update that i would like changed

A change i would want is a system that can pick out the quality of the post not the quantity although i dont think any software with such a system is available yet although if it is i would like it on the forums. Oh and by the way, the points are the best part Smile
Animal
While I agree with what you're trying to do, I think this change will increase spamming, and not necessarily improve post quality.

As others have said, in some cases, a few words is all that's required to reply to a post. This change is likely to make people quote large pieces of text by typing something like....

OtherUser Said:
"Quoted Text...."

Instead of using the proper
OtherUser wrote:
Quoted Text...."

I think it would be better to keep a minimum post score (it could be reduced to, say 0.75 points comfortably) but by keeping the maximum point gain per post at 3 points would keep people posting longer if it was possible. I would then suggest that you add more functionality for the moderators - let them reduce people's points if they think the person is using one-word-replies too often, or (my personal pet hate) they're not typing any real language.

By that, I don't mean criticizing people who don't speak English as their first language, more like people who type like this. This is clearly not a quality post, and it's because the user hasn't bothered to type real words, going instead with Text-Message (SMS Cellphone Message) jargon.

I think the changes are a good idea in theory, but I don't think they'll necessarily have the desired effect - people who are only posting to keep their hosting accounts will just post twice as much, with the same (bad) content. If Moderators had the power to reduce scores for bad postings, I think there'd be a real improvement.
erlendhg
wumingsden wrote:
saiyeek wrote:

Thats quite a good idea, although it may prove difficult to write a mod like this as I'm just about sure there isn;t one already out there. The only problem with it is people might not post for the sake of it and also some people might abuse it (by logging in and out continously) whilst after 10 (or 20) posts ~ i forgot ~ you stop recieceing points.

I also think it was a great idea. But to avoid spamming with logging in and out, couldn't it be possible to give one point for each day you have been logging on and remained logged in for some time.

Would not this be possible? Or what??
SoftStag
erlendhg wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
saiyeek wrote:

I also think it was a great idea. But to avoid spamming with logging in and out, couldn't it be possible to give one point for each day you have been logging on and remained logged in for some time.

Would not this be possible? Or what??

That would mean that you get a days free hosting for just visiting the website and logging on. I think you should have to do more than that; it doesn't promote you contirbuting to the community.
bluedragon
atin wrote:
For years I have been telling my girlfriends that length doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Now all my good work is being undone by this draconian new policy.

The pithy one-liner is sometimes a lot more fun than pages of stream-of-consciousness drivel which some of the more self-obsessed contributors go for.

Now I suppose I am only going to get half-a-point for this work of genius whereas some bore-monster will get three just for writing about what he heard in his psychology lecture this morning.

Well said!

I wonder how many points I get for this one?
silliman
I think this is a worthy improvement. Knowing that the FriHost Team will have to rely on an algorithm of some sort as an objective manner to award points, the best algorithm will never (in this millennium) be able to assess the quality of writing posted. (I know, I’m a writing teacher.) Additionally, the FriHost Team has higher priorities related to their management of the system than to “judge” and read each posting to grade its quality. We’ll just have to live, and accept, an imperfect world. Those who want to “cheat” the system will try no matter what. As per the rest of us, I feel most posts are earnest and generally thoughtful.

Falconfx, if you don’t have a permanent connection to the Internet, please think about briefly reading the topics that interest you, log off, compose your thoughts on a word processor and then log back on, cut and paste. That might help you with the online limitations. No need quit, bro!
phoneix
i am a new user here but i want to write my opinion...

i want create a website and i am here because of this...
the old system was better for me, because i can achieve needed point faster...
but it musnt be the same amount point to be taken from an answer like "good" and a longer writing...

but ofcourse it doesnt always mean that longer is better but, i think this method is better Wink
Dustin
This idea works in theory, but it gets rather frusterating when you can answer in just a few sentences using only a line and reciving 0.2151 FriHost dollars

However it appears to be effective, and i like the more points per character thing. Before i thought it was based on the number of words, so i would not use abbreviations...now i gotta use bigger words Laughing
Marston
Is it just me, or are there less posts than usual around here? Brick wall
silliman
How'z it Dustin,

If ya gonna use dem big word, ya better what out for prolixity.

P.S.
FriHost Team... this reply is worth "zero points" cause is adds nothing to the conversation, but it does add a chuckle and some tongue and cheek. Wink
bluedragon
I didn't chuckle.
rwtthai
Well there have been some good posts here. I would like to agree with different points of previous posters:
1. I get tired of the me too and smiley posters that just want to see their name on every forum without making a contribution. It happens on everyother board that I am a member of. So I hope your solution works to rid the board of them.

2. Longer posts are not necessarily better posts. Some people have nothing to contribute no matter how many words they use. On the other hand a technical reply can be short crisp and invalvuable to everyone.

3. Points - however you want to score it is fine by me. I really appreciate what you are trying to do here. But social engineering is a complex art and I am sure you are going to fine tune this often.

Good Luck and Thanks
DarthSilus
This is good.

I, for one, hate these short little quips of replies.

"This is cool, Mkay Mkay." And that's it. It's just plain retarded... literally.

Now perhaps people will actually be forced to have an opinion that's they have to back up Surprised ! Oh my!

Brilliant, guys.
Lilystock
Hi,

I'm quite Ok with these new rules as I'm one of those that takes a long time to post... because for one most of the time I read all the posts before answering, and also because english isn't my mothertongue. I would even prefer if the max of points taken is more than 3 !!!

But what I wasn't aware of is that Quote is counted for the point taken ! Well, it sure will encourage Quoting ! Laughing I nearly did, but well... i'm too honest I guess ! Embarassed

Wink
SoftStag
Dustin wrote:
This idea works in theory, but it gets rather frusterating when you can answer in just a few sentences using only a line and reciving 0.2151 FriHost dollars

A few sentances will earn you more than that. Try 10 times more than that.
babumuchhala
HERE's an OFFTOPIC suggestion for this thread

MODS can u please split this thread after the first posts of Bondings from where the discussion starts, abt the new points system.

Bcos its petty annoying, as seeing the unread posts mark on the Announcements Section makes u think there is asomething important stuff waiting to be read.

Please SPlit this to say the Suggestions section please
n0obie4life
Well, the Mark all threads read is a nice thing Wink.

I wouldn't split anything without Bondings' permission as he said to protest now ( but never said in this post ) Wink.

On topic -

I think 1 FRIH$ / point / post should come back as it will also make the account creators life EASIER.

I do mean EASIER by EASIER.

I used to take the concept that, 1 post = 1 point. So, if the user has something like 10 posts and 11 points, I'd quickly skim through his posts and then reject it for low quality/short posts. Either one. Now, with the zero point/FRIH$ / post system, it makes it 10x difficult to do it as you can't really tell.

The user might have made 20 posts and only 15 points. Then again, with the old system I'd know that would be 99% of the time rejected. But with the new system, I have to slowly skim through ALL his posts because they can be 3 liners. That slowed down my account processing by 200%.

I normally take up to 30-60 seconds for one account (yes, super fast processing), but now, I have to take up to 2 minutes just to process one. Ratio of 2:1. If it were 60 accounts processed, 120:60. I would have processed 120, ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY accounts with the old system.

Please, change it back!
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
Well, the Mark all threads read is a nice thing Wink.

I wouldn't split anything without Bondings' permission as he said to protest now ( but never said in this post ) Wink.

On topic -

I think 1 FRIH$ / point / post should come back as it will also make the account creators life EASIER.

I used to take the concept that, 1 post = 1 point. So, if the user has something like 10 posts and 11 points, I'd quickly skim through his posts and then reject it for low quality/short posts. Either one. Now, with the zero point/FRIH$ / post system, it makes it 10x difficult to do it as you can't really tell.

The user might have made 20 posts and only 15 points. Then again, with the old system I'd know that would be 99% of the time rejected. But with the new system, I have to slowly skim through ALL his posts because they can be 3 liners. That slowed down my account processing by 200%.

I normally take up to 30-60 seconds for one account (yes, super fast processing), but now, I have to take up to 2 minutes just to process one. Ratio of 2:1. If it were 60 accounts processed, 120:60. I would have processed 120, ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY accounts with the old system.

Please, change it back!
NOW thats a pretty valid point mate.

So bondings lets move back to the minimum 1 FRIH$ pere post Very Happy
n0obie4life
I made a poll here - http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24625

Please vote. Your vote is important.
MWANGI
Bondings wrote:

What is changed?

Why is it changed?

If the changements are still being tested, isn't that dangerous ro the Frihost wannabes?

Just expressing some very Shame on you deep concern
sonam
That’s funny,
In one way I don’t like this new rules because I would like to read short and funny posts. They give dynamic to the forum. Of course, I don’t want to support spam, I just thing that someone cannot always to type long and quality post. In other way this new rules looking like good idea to stop spam, but what with unnecessary quoting?

Between these two ways I am staying on crossroad and waiting for Bondings bus.

Sonam
jongoldsz
Good idea bondings.

Run dos, run.
PopCultureLSU
I'm happy with the idea
mengshi200
long article may not be good,short may be excellent.
bigdan
This sounds like a good idea.

While it may discourage users who get their points across in less words, it will certaintly get rid of the spam, which is a good thing. Very Happy
n0obie4life
bigdan wrote:

While it may discourage users who get their points across in less words, it will certaintly get rid of the spam, which is a good thing. Very Happy

Don't think it'll reduce spam.

People don't post super lengthy posts.

So,a fter 5 posts, they would be like, OMG I DON'T HAVE TEN POINTS YET. Then they start to spam.
bigdan
n0obie4life wrote:
bigdan wrote:

So,a fter 5 posts, they would be like, OMG I DON'T HAVE TEN POINTS YET. Then they start to spam.

Hmmm....good point.

I waited til I had more than five decent posts, and more than 10 points before I applied...I hope there are more people like me about. I doubt it though...
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
bigdan wrote:

Me too. I dont think it will reduce SPAM but increase, spam. Even after writing 3 lines one dosent get that all essential 2 points. So how the hell is that person gonna apply.

Sometimes SHORT is SWEET & BETTER than utter rubbish ULTRA LONG POST. So bongings either increase the points per character or get the FRIH$ 1/post or at least FRIH$ 0.5/post back please

EDIT: The above post fetched just 1.6 points before this edit. The problem is the Points/Character is set too low and without any minimum points given, the requirement of 2 points per post is literrally impossible to meet without spaming.
Animal
Here's another example of why this rule-change isn't actually preventing spam:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24422.html#190028

This guy is putting his signature into the actual message. With high points-per-character, the large number of "-" symbols is probably going to help artificially increase his score.

Obviously, this would still have caused a problem under the old system, but the new points system is making people think of more ways to increase their points since they feel they need to.

I don't really know what the answer is, but I don't think that post quality has improved since the rule-change.
vlnjodie
I think this could have a few different results.
One, the posts are not neccessarily better. In order to stay active members will have to post more, and that may mean that the posts are not necessarily thought provoking or intersting, but just a mundane post to stay active.
Two, what about members who cannot speak english very well. This seems to be a fairly international hosting service and this may limit people who can't necessarily write novels in a second or third language.
Third, I think that if the minimum for a post is so low, the maximum has to go up equally. If the minimum is now 0 the maximum should be 3.5. It's only fair to go both ways on the spectrum.

I think it may benifit on the forums with the content. Hopefully subjects will be more creative due to the new regulations.
Dustin
I take back what i said before, all this has lead to is people quoteing random people in order to leech off their topic. The way it was set up before was much better, now the point system is just rediculus. For this post i'll probably be getting like 1.2, It was much better before Razz
nam_siddharth
I previously said, we need more time to decide, whether new system is better or the previous system was. Who were in favour of new system are now opposing it. This new system will only increase spams, not quality posts. You cannot force someone to created quality post, who cannot. Thus, it will lead them to spam.

The better option is, minimum point for post=0.5 and maximum point of post=3.0
galbotrix
I agee to the fact that quality over quantity is very important nevetheless, there has to be some mechanism for a check over the content rather than the no. of bytes its worth.

regards

Sameer
cwatts
Being new and new, how is this going to effect my desire to host a website. Earning points to get to a certain level to host websites seems silly but I will play the game, as I am more interested in not paying for the hosting, lol. But thats why alot of us are here right? Well I guess this enough rambling to continue to get the number of points needed so without anything else to say. Email me if you have question.
vlnjodie
I think the way to make better content is to have more diverse subjects. It seems that Frihosters are all into exactly the same things and I'm sure there are all sorts of subjects that aren't being talked about. I think that more specific subjects could help not only find things easier, but make conversations more interesting. For example; Literature is a very broad subject. Is there any way that we can have a Literature forum, and then have more genre's within that? Or with gaming, there are many different forms of games out there, not just video games. That could be sectioned off into genres too so that things are easier to find. Same thing with the hosting help, etc.

I'm not sure that this forum allows that sort of thing, but that would probably help more with content. Half the time I find it hard to find what I'm looking for or what I'm interested in.
InjunMick
You have pretty well defined a "quality" post in the rules, but, (maybe I havn't looked enough Embarassed ) I can't find a definition on how point's are awarded. (how many for this, that or the other type of post.)

But I have seen somewere that 1 point a day is removed for not posting.

I have noticed in my short time here, that all ages and many type's of skill's and skill level's are here as well. Which is a wonderful thing, a very diverse community.

Now, to me, when I come in, if my post is going to be quality, I am going to ask a good question, (to which I have not found an answer by either looking or searching) or I will give an answer to a question someone has asked, and I will not post unless I feel my answer will be helpful.
With that being said,
In most instance's, I have found an answer to my question without having to post. And, since I have not near the skill's as many here have, I dont bring as much to the table in quality post's.
What I am trying to say is, there is a large range of people here, and some of us just dont have the tool's for quality post's as other's do.
So why lose a point a day when I may only recieve a point a week? (just an example)
I hope this has all been takin into consideration in developing the point's system.
I am glad I found this community, I like it here and have learned a lot and enjoy reading a lot of the forum's, and thank you for making it possible to post a site.

InjunMick

ps hope you understand what I was trying to say
Dante
I think it is a good change, because I really don't like the bogus one liner posts put up just for points: It is a waste of time for everyone.

I find having to post a bit of a drag, but the service provided is good, and it has got me involved in some interesting debates.

Matbe it is worth thinkng about linking to a search engine that can detect if large bits of text are repeated form elsewhere, and not count those bits of text towards points.
laima
i don't know, and how will it be now? how much do we need r=to post to receive points? so it means that if we post a thing, we can also not receive anything at all?
acamas
I think from the change that we should be intitled to a lower point deduction of .5 instead of 1.

Even though I see Bondings logic it has alot of floors and I think the site wont beneifit from it. This is only my view but maybe Bondings could increase the amount of points per character even higher so you still have to write a high quality post to receive points....
magnaniteck
so a commbo of bold italicts smilies Very Happy Embarassed Wink and underlined gives you points .what about images?
magnaniteck
Quote:
I previously said, we need more time to decide, whether new system is better or the previous system was. Who were in favour of new system are now opposing it. This new system will only increase spams, not quality posts. You cannot force someone to created quality post, who cannot. Thus, it will lead them to spam.
why before spaming was just as much
Snailfox
I think it's a pity that the posts have to be longer than they used to. I'm all busy writing essays and other stuff so I'm not really fond of writing long text. When I post something I just do it to prove a point, and a point doesn't necessarily have to be two pages. And anyway I think it's silly that you should have to post things to get points to start up your homepage. We're just here to have fun, aren't we? And all the other pages rejected us because we're Swedish.
And they thought we couldn't read. Rolling Eyes (We can read. We can write, also)

Sometimes you just wish you were a vegetable. A swede.
Kovalchuk17
This idea is very good. Especially the two or three word answers. I think the purpose of a forum is to get an accurate and detailed response. The people who spend a long time to post one thing deserve the extra points.I'm not saying I am a great forum user, heck this is my first time. But i can see where this idea is generated.
Wd_removed
Oh no.....I'll have to make posts longer.. Perhaps by putting multiple full stops?.... Or by lengthing what I say?..!!

I don't like this one bit...
megamass
old system was better. now you have to make 2 or 3 replies to get 1 point. next day you come you lose 1 point. so the system works like this 2.5:1
some users don't have time to make long posts and creat "stories of the day" every day to gain points. if you need to post quality post you will spend more then 20 min writing out your text with all YES; WHY; WHEN; WHO... so what i want to say, that old system was good and no changes are needed. and like noobie said, he lose much more time adding new users to this hosting. to conluded, new system steals time from users. have a nice day.
petroldevil
i am new here hi all and very thanks for that information i love this hosting very much
DarkGoku
petroldevil wrote:
i am new here hi all and very thanks for that information i love this hosting very much

petroldevil wrote:
hooooooooow is that it is ver wierd how i cant believe this lake it is cnn does anyone believe it oh no

Take those two posts for example. .85 points have been rewarded to petroldevil. If he/she/it keeps posting like that, it'll take a week for him/her/it to reach the limits.
SoftStag
DarkGoku wrote:
petroldevil wrote:

petroldevil wrote:
hooooooooow is that it is ver wierd how i cant believe this lake it is cnn does anyone believe it oh no

Take those two posts for example. .85 points have been rewarded to petroldevil. If he/she/it keeps posting like that, it'll take a week for him/her/it to reach the limits.

Not the most useful posts though, are they? The first one is fine, albeit pointless, the second I simply cannot understand....

If you write something that contributes to the community, and is written with reasonable grammar, then there should be no issue in getting points.
MoonBeam
Okay, so I'm a newbie on this forum, and having read some of the threads, I wanted to see what the rules were concerning earning points towards free hosting. This desire, of course, eventually led me to this particular discussion. I tried to read through the entire 5 pages, but started to get wobbly after the first page of replies. I was under the impression that the "quality" of the post was predicated on some subjective criteria, such as a moderator reading the post and then assigning a value manually. I had no idea there was a logarithm that could be applied to make that determination, and therefore be determined automatically. Weird stuff to an average computer user with few programming skills. And of course, the thought remains in the back of my head, wondering how many points will I receive even for THIS post!
I do want to participate in the forums, but not just make gainsay in threads I'm not that interested in to earn points. And I do want to get to that magic number in reasonable time, so what to do what to do? I am curious to know what the higher-ups in this forum are thinking about as they read this very post. Just out of morbid curiosity...
Well, to make a potentially long post short, I would like a layman's short version of the parameters that make a quality post on this forum. In the meantime, I will start a new thread about a subject I would be interested in hearing feedback on, just to get something rolling.

btw... Thanks for setting up this system, it sounds like it has great potential...
MoonBeam
WELL! That was easier than I thought! wooohooooooo... I can't say that I understand how I just got 3 points, but I did and I can't say that I object to that... Still want to get that explanation, if that is possible. Thanks! Laughing
Jeff_vella_leone
well i like the idea gj bondings
alja wrote:
I don't think that the quality of the post will get better because of the amount of content. I believe people will certainly try to write more because of the points but not necessarily "better" in conclusion you will get a lot of text but about the quality I'll doubt. I think that there are people who enjoys writing and others not. This is a nice community and even though the desire of making it better is great we cannot forget that everything isn't perfect.
By the way I just edited one of my posts and see that even though I don't make any change I get 0,00037 or so points. I don't know if it was like that before but just in case.

I fully agree, nice post
well maybe its not good for increasing quality but its good to make things more fair for ppl that make good quality posts and stops giving 1 piont for post like 'I agree' only.
falconfx wrote:
Personally I don't agree to this new measures. I think there should be a minimum amount of points for every message and then more points for every written character. Another way would be increasing the "per character" points, as for now they are a bit low.

I don't own a full-time Internet connection, so I can't spend much time to write long messages to get few points.

If this measure remains unchanged, I WILL LEAVE frihost, although it's the BEST web-space hoster among the Web I know.

I hope the Admin will take the fair decision.

Sincerely, falconfx

m8 frihost offers the best host as u said, for a small price, PARTICIPATING in Frihost forum, if u cant do that, u don't deserve the host, i'm sry. U can go around ur problem and copy some topics on notepad and then read them when ur offline and answer them. Later when ur bk online post them copy/paste.

saiyeek wrote:

well in theory its not fair to give points according to the posts but in practice how can bondings know that u are actually reading? (u could open a long topic and leave it there and go watch a movie on TV or just login, then exit, then login, then exit, etc... till i get the points i need Confused)
its not a safe way to calculte it m8.

narc wrote:
PuNGS wrote:
...I don't think it will bring more quality posts to Frihost. I agree that people will start to write more, but I don't think it would be some quality thoughs.

I think it is going to make people ramble on more about stuff that most people will not consider "quality".

A good forum has lots of posts and lots of members, and idealy lots of people linking to it; but not necessarily long posts. I personally can't stand long posts.

Say what you want to say and move on.

i agree with the no more quality posts than we are having now but bondings didnt increase the length of the post much just a little more that won't make that big effect as u think, just now u wont be given 1 point for just a word but u have to deserve it.
well long post are nearly the only posts that are surly not considered as spam.
why?
1. a spammer calculates that he has enough for maximum points and doesnt need to add more words.
2. long posts are made by people that think in deep and want to help and thus make sure that they explain themselves well.
3. long posts makes u consider the fact that the writer is not intersted in the points for the post but for something else. ex: helping, demostrating, fun, share experience, etc...
4. no spammer is so mad wasting 1 hr or more to read all topic and answer posts that took his attention like this post.
5. spammers try to divide posts to gain more points if they have anything more to say instead of making an extream long post.

now im not saying that all non long post are spam but what makes a forum a wonderfull forum is that u find the info u need on it and usually the info isnt just a sentence or 2, but u will need some detailed explanation which usually makes a long post.
apart from that sometimes short posts lead to misunderstanding too.
short post are there for quick reply and more confortable for the eye too but what bondings need is good quality posts to maintain host and long posts like 2 paragraphs are perfect (1 point each paragraph, 4 lines each most)
atin wrote:

I lol'ed really funny

Lilystock wrote:
Hi,

I'm quite Ok with these new rules as I'm one of those that takes a long time to post... because for one most of the time I read all the posts before answering, and also because english isn't my mothertongue. I would even prefer if the max of points taken is more than 3 !!!

But what I wasn't aware of is that Quote is counted for the point taken ! Well, it sure will encourage Quoting ! Laughing I nearly did, but well... i'm too honest I guess ! Embarassed

Wink

omg m8 u wrote what i wanted to say about me
im so glad to see that im not alone thinking that way and writing bad in english lol (i took 2 hrs to post this one)
hope to c ur posts Smile

InjunMick wrote:
You have pretty well defined a "quality" post in the rules, but, (maybe I havn't looked enough Embarassed ) I can't find a definition on how point's are awarded. (how many for this, that or the other type of post.)

But I have seen somewere that 1 point a day is removed for not posting.

I have noticed in my short time here, that all ages and many type's of skill's and skill level's are here as well. Which is a wonderful thing, a very diverse community.

Now, to me, when I come in, if my post is going to be quality, I am going to ask a good question, (to which I have not found an answer by either looking or searching) or I will give an answer to a question someone has asked, and I will not post unless I feel my answer will be helpful.
With that being said,
In most instance's, I have found an answer to my question without having to post. And, since I have not near the skill's as many here have, I dont bring as much to the table in quality post's.
What I am trying to say is, there is a large range of people here, and some of us just dont have the tool's for quality post's as other's do.
So why lose a point a day when I may only recieve a point a week? (just an example)
I hope this has all been takin into consideration in developing the point's system.
I am glad I found this community, I like it here and have learned a lot and enjoy reading a lot of the forum's, and thank you for making it possible to post a site.

InjunMick

ps hope you understand what I was trying to say

yea i think i understood what ur tryen to say allthough i read it 3 times to be sure. Well first thing in this forum ur allways have something to give.
ex: share ur experiences with others (games played, jokes, pc info, movies u saw/coming, tips, visit market, etc....)
second thing just 1 point every day isnt much m8 its much profitable considering what ur having in return (the best host), if u want the best u must do some effort for it, if u read and learn u will be able to make and sell anything in the marketplace.
hope i helped u going around ur problem
Snailfox wrote:
I think it's a pity that the posts have to be longer than they used to. I'm all busy writing essays and other stuff so I'm not really fond of writing long text. When I post something I just do it to prove a point, and a point doesn't necessarily have to be two pages. And anyway I think it's silly that you should have to post things to get points to start up your homepage. We're just here to have fun, aren't we? And all the other pages rejected us because we're Swedish.
And they thought we couldn't read. Rolling Eyes (We can read. We can write, also)

Sometimes you just wish you were a vegetable. A swede.

man u dont understand that some fun costs money as the server bondings is paying. U are having it for free just for let say 5 lines a day most so its not that hard to get 1 point a day.
An other thing that is really annoying that everyone thinks that u need to write longer posts. No,NO,NO its not true!! bondings is not asking u to post longer post but to post normal posts(quality post) length that is needed for the answer/question, not the length needed for getting enough points.
if with that post u wrote , you don't have enough points then post an other post on an other topic till u get the points needed.
Thats what should be done (should Confused )
Now u guys are complaining because u are rewarded less for ur quality posts right?
well in my openion bondings was over generious with 1 point for just posting an empty post with just a word. It was time to make it fair.
This new system encourages to post more thats a fact.
What would happen if bondings couldn't host no more frihost because there aren't enough posts per month on frihost to maintain host? (yes bondings needs a certain ammount of posts/month to maintain host)
Frihost will go down!!!!
So finally after all makes sens to post more, even though its hard for u to get points = host, but in the long rand you are supporting more frihost and secure yourself a host, the best host for FREE
Hope i helped to clear your minds
MoonBeam wrote:
WELL! That was easier than I thought! wooohooooooo... I can't say that I understand how I just got 3 points, but I did and I can't say that I object to that... Still want to get that explanation, if that is possible. Thanks! Laughing

lol told u it was't that hard, 2/3 that whole paragraph would have been enough.
ohh finally i finished 5 pages of replies

about the spam thing, i can only say that i mentioned much better ways to reduce spam in the suggestions and this system bondings made doesn't reduce spam, nieghter increase it much, most likely at the same level as before.
(im not explaining y, this post is allready too long)
now i want to answer noobieforlife
n0obie4life wrote:

Please, change it back!

well considering ur calculation on spammers i would be the greathest spammer of them all,
NOW I KNOW y u had so many mistaken accusations regarding my posts.
i get like 25 points every 10 posts lol
Man that method suks lol
n0obie4life wrote:
:\.

So, you are planning to make it harder for me to gaim FRIH$ by raising the limit :\

Evil.

btw, I hope you don't mind me moving this to announcements and announcifying it.

i more think this is the main reason of all ur complains hmmmm Confused
u make too much frish for just closing topics and not mentioning all the other post u and other Mods reply.
In my openion moderators shouldnt get frish for just closing a topic because they are not contributing to the topic in closing it, and with the old system it was too generious, at least now they will gain only some 0.00001 for writing 'close'. Smile
well noobieforlife, what im going to say may make u happy i dont think there is anyone that can have more frish than u have. Exept bondings of course, so with this method lets say no one stands a chance of reaching ur ammount of frish now lol.
You post too much to give us a chance lol

thanks for reading the composition lol and forgive my poor english
megamass
Jeff_vella_leone - i guess you got 3 points Smile if you had splited your post you would have ~5x3=15 points Smile

I see most of us are for old system. exept new users who are reaching hosting. So Bonding, say something to us, we want to hear you decission about this "revoliution"
tidruG
jeff_vella_leone wrote:
NOW I KNOW y u had so many mistaken accusations regarding my posts.
i get like 25 points every 10 posts lol

Point 1--> If you get 25 points for every 10 posts, that means you get 2.5 points per post (which used to be the old maximum limit), which means that each one of your previous posts used to be of fantastic length.... which means that n0obie4life nor any other Moderator will have a problem with it. So, I don't understand what the mistaken accusations were... if you had maximum points per post (due to great length), then that means we'd only have a problem if you were copying and pasting articles or something like that. Were you?
In case you were referring to your flame war saga, it's different. Even if a post is 2 pages long, if it's a flame post, we take action Smile

Quote:
In my openion moderators shouldnt get frish for just closing a topic because they are not contributing to the topic in closing it, and with the old system it was too generious, at least now they will gain only some 0.00001 for writing 'close'

Whenever moderators close a topic, there are 2 reasons we do it with a "-close-":
  • We generally post the reason why the topic is being locked before closing it.
  • We provide a link to a similar topic (if one exists) or to any other threads/pages that have anything to do with the reason why the thread was locked.

As most of the Frihost Moderators log on everyday, and post at least 3-4 posts a day, there is rarely a moderator whose points will be less than 45 per day. Also, since we are moderating the forums, we have to step in and post in a lot of threads, so we'll be getting lots of FRIH$ anyway Wink
tim_s
I wondered why I had been awarded 0.633333 points or something. I suppose from your point of view it helps make advertisers more likely to want your ad space, if the forums are busier with people who are coming here because there is something interesting, not just to keep our hosting.

Personally, it doesn't make too much difference to me. On a side note, I sometimes feel that people on this forum are talking and asking questions and making conversaqtion purely to get points, which leads to a feeling of falseness. I'm perhaps as guilty as other people, but maybe the change in point system will help to change that a little bit.
Kashinilaya
The new system, as explained by Bondings above, seems to bring more justice. It`s not perfect and no other one, no matter how creative, will achieve perfection, but it inspires to post on subjects that one feels more attracted to. Sometimes one may feel like giving just a short reply to a post and will more likely do it for the joy of participating in the forum, other than just for the sake of getting points. It will definetely increase the quality of the posts.
WELL THOUGHT!!!
Jeff_vella_leone
megamass wrote:
Jeff_vella_leone - i guess you got 3 points Smile if you had splited your post you would have ~5x3=15 points Smile

well m8 i dont post for the points/frish, if i can i try to put everything in 1 post but sometimes it may lead to confusion so i serarate. ex: if someone posted after i posted and so it doesnt make sens to edit but to post after him would be more reasonable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well ur thinking is right till this sentence.
tidruG wrote:
So, I don't understand what the mistaken accusations were... if you had maximum points per post (due to great length), then that means we'd only have a problem if you were copying and pasting articles or something like that. Were you?
In case you were referring to your flame war saga, it's different. Even if a post is 2 pages long, if it's a flame post, we take action Smile:

well im not gonna start it again but if u are intersted y i said that sentence u should read the entire topic where my flame saga started( just before it started) and then u will undestand by yourself what i meant and even y the flame war saga started. http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10479&highlight= (don't think ul bother though, my post is still not replied till today so i dont get surprised by anything in this forum anymore)

Quote:
In my openion moderators shouldnt get frish for just closing a topic because they are not contributing to the topic in closing it, and with the old system it was too generious, at least now they will gain only some 0.00001 for writing 'close'

tidruG wrote:
Whenever moderators close a topic, there are 2 reasons we do it with a "-close-":
  • We generally post the reason why the topic is being locked before closing it.
  • We provide a link to a similar topic (if one exists) or to any other threads/pages that have anything to do with the reason why the thread was locked.

As most of the Frihost Moderators log on everyday, and post at least 3-4 posts a day, there is rarely a moderator whose points will be less than 45 per day. Also, since we are moderating the forums, we have to step in and post in a lot of threads, so we'll be getting lots of FRIH$ anyway Wink

yea ur right though u have to look at it from the other way too, before if a moderator posts just 'close' or whole paragraph was getting at least 1 point/frish whilst if others(non moderators) post a single word like 'nice' is considered as spam and moderators when they are writing (sometimes) 'close' only, its not considered as spam(allthough in practice is not because its something needed to signal the close of a topic) allthough its the same 1 word and is beeing rewarded with 1 point too. It just looks unfair, what i said above was that now if a mod writes 'close' only, he is given less frish and so, at least it doesnt seem so unfair.
ahh im not saying to reduce frish earnings to mods m8 just to point out that the new system makes it more fair.
In my openion only 1 word writen by whoever writes it doesnt deserve 1 point!
and i think bondings agrees on this Smile
ahh thanks tidruG for reply Smile
Gates
I think that this method of posting is really nice. This seems like a great community and im really happy to be apart of it.
1day
Frihost is like a family Laughing Nice Idea Exclamation Exclamation
otaku
This seems very well thought out.
You shouldn't get 1$frih for a simple post.
It will make people want to write longer and more well thought out.

Some topics only take a yes or no, or just a simple post.
So it's not the moost fool proof plan but i guess it work.
phileplanet
I think this new point system is a little harsh. I don't think that trying to get people to write essays for every post makes it a good community. Some people may find it hard to write that much either because they don't know good English or for whatever reason. Can you imagine real people giving speeches every time they have a conversation? But nevertheless, I understand that getting free hosting for one word answers is unacceptable. The points-per-word thing or whatever is currently in place is ok but make it a little less harsh. Maybe for a good one or two line sentence, you'd get one point.
Jeff_vella_leone
phileplanet wrote:
I think this new point system is a little harsh. I don't think that trying to get people to write essays for every post makes it a good community. Some people may find it hard to write that much either because they don't know good English or for whatever reason. Can you imagine real people giving speeches every time they have a conversation? But nevertheless, I understand that getting free hosting for one word answers is unacceptable. The points-per-word thing or whatever is currently in place is ok but make it a little less harsh. Maybe for a good one or two line sentence, you'd get one point.

well i have calculated that to get 1 frish/point u need like 2 lines of words.
considering this in 6 lines of words u get the maximum points/frish, its not that hard and its not a composition, come on, more a paragraph.
phileplanet
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:

well i have calculated that to get 1 frish/point u need like 2 lines of words.
considering this in 6 lines of words u get the maximum points/frish, its not that hard and its not a composition, come on, more a paragraph.

Actually I got 2 points for the post that you just quoted which is not too bad I guess. I guess it must have changed before I made that post.
andrewwallis
Will there be restrictions on people getting War and Peace and copying the entire novel and posting it on the site... this would be worse then spam!
n0obie4life
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
moderators when they are writing (sometimes) 'close' only

1. We will never ever do that. So, I call that false accusations. If someone is doing that, he either has technical difficulties with the "lock" button (which we actually had one last time), or he's, spamming Smile.
2. If the mod is given 1 FRIH$/1 Point for doing that, isn't it fair? He's doing his job here, he's not getting paid real euros (although I really wish to have it), so, why not pay him in virutal currency as a token of apperciation for closing a topic/working on Frihost.
3. My point of view now is my rate of CREATING ACCOUNTS. Not gaining FRIH$ as in my first post in this topic.
4. I mentioned I only used the Post-Point method on NEW ACCOUNTS when I CREATE account and not to deem spammers whom ALREADY have accounts. The 45 point reset will make their point count different than people who don't have an account.
5. I think I deserve an apology for being accused so wrongly.
6. By having this system now, yes, it does increase posts, SPAM POSTS. I just had to risk a broswer crash because one idiot purely spammed his whole topic with smilies. How fun is a broswer crash esp when you have important information? You tell me that yourself.
srijit
hmm, this has been going on for sometime. hasnt it been resolved yet??
or are you guys waiting for another month of testing? Confused
nam_siddharth
mOrpheuS wrote:
Please discuss the Changes to the Points/FRIH$ system in this thread.

It would be better, if you add original thread leller here.
tefa_taftaf2010
well it's nice to tell you my opinion
it's nice to increase it
it prevents short replies
but there is some topics dont need long replies
as an example
someone post his photo (what will we say ???)
only nice pic or loooooool i like it
so no need to the long reply
some topics ( mean the most) must have long replies
like disccusions
and not all of us can write english well

it's ok to increase it but dont remove the short replies
every reply take points = its value only

thanks
Jeff_vella_leone
n0obie4life wrote:
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
moderators when they are writing (sometimes) 'close' only

1. We will never ever do that. So, I call that false accusations. If someone is doing that, he either has technical difficulties with the "lock" button (which we actually had one last time), or he's, spamming Smile.
2. If the mod is given 1 FRIH$/1 Point for doing that, isn't it fair? He's doing his job here, he's not getting paid real euros (although I really wish to have it), so, why not pay him in virutal currency as a token of apperciation for closing a topic/working on Frihost.
3. My point of view now is my rate of CREATING ACCOUNTS. Not gaining FRIH$ as in my first post in this topic.
4. I mentioned I only used the Post-Point method on NEW ACCOUNTS when I CREATE account and not to deem spammers whom ALREADY have accounts. The 45 point reset will make their point count different than people who don't have an account.
5. I think I deserve an apology for being accused so wrongly.
6. By having this system now, yes, it does increase posts, SPAM POSTS. I just had to risk a broswer crash because one idiot purely spammed his whole topic with smilies. How fun is a broswer crash esp when you have important information? You tell me that yourself.

well maybe i was wrong saying just 'close' sry but a few words aren't enough neighter to get 1 frish/point
ex: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-22303.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24100.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-22432.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-20003.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-21238.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-21381.html

well these r just a breaf look at only the first 2 pages of the topic suggestion and don't want to go though it all.
U think that for post like these anyone deserves more then 1 point/frish?
a normal frihoster dont! neighter do mods deserve it though with the old method they could get the points/frish lets say legally.

I'm not saying that those post are bad or not right answered, im saying that allthough the mod did well in his answer, he is rewarded too much considering that its not a quality post. when ppl that do quality post just get 1 point more. Its just unfair
n0obie4life wrote:

points/frish system is a hot subject, everyone want points to keep his host, how could a moderator think to give the bad example and gaining points with low quality post? yes i bealeve that moderators should be rewarded for their job and efforts, but not that way because moderators have the responsability not to give the bad example to the rest of frihosters.
(going out of subject) mods could be rewarded with a sum of frish per month or something like that allthough i cant understand y u want so much frish n0obie4life, ur desire for frish is more than the desire of a senator to become president lol
i think that u are the mod that has most frish. Applying this system ur securing that other mods dont get close to ur number of frish, y don't u look at it that way? and wtf are u going to do with all those frish? i think 1000 is more than enough!!!
n0obie4life wrote:

well maybe it increases spam post for the only reason that spamers that where allready spamers will start spaming more and more and thus it would be much easyer to detect and ban from frihost earlyier.
(add more mod's if its needed but make sure that frihost has minimum spammers as possible, possibly 0 Smile)
whats happens here, for all this time is that we get spammers and because frihost system satisfies them, they are not cought because they spam few post and its enough for them to have what they want.
This leads to 100's of spammers not cought which spam occasionally. when u see the whole statstics u see that frihost is beeing spammed all, the time before; by that guy, after by another guy, agian by an other guy, etc...
and who is in charge of kiking spammers can't take action against a single guy because maybe that guy needs to spam once every 3 days and the rest he doesnt need to spam because he has somewhere where to post in a discussion or he has his topic etc.. and who is in charge won't manage to get him spamming much so he can't say anything to him(unless he is lucky and chatches him every time for a month, still it wastes a lot of time and its not a worthed procedure considering the numbers of frihosters).
with this system spammers will be cought much easyer and thus freeing frihost of the new spammers more effectivly. It can even show old spammers that now need to spam more to reach their needs and thus detecting them and kiking them from frihost.
the method of making spamers not spam because they don't need to, just suks and leads to non quality posts and spam in the long rand.
Bondings its a good idea keep it up!!!
neosree
The point system is getting very good, a student like me will find it difficult to type a paragraph in every post, to make it quality one. I am not complaining though. But as we need to keep our site alive, there is no way around but spend a lot of valuable time here to get the ideas of a discussion inorder post a quality reply. And this post, even though a bit long, maynot be that quality one. But how can I know what I am saying is quality post in the eyes of mods/adms. The word quality is said everywhere. Rolling Eyes

Arrow And one Suggestion : The maximum points one can hold should be increased from 40 to 60, this is because when I need to study for exams and write the exams, I need to stay away from internet and so I cannot find time to post here to keep my site alive. And the exam period is two months, so just before signing out from internet for two months, I can have 60 points and when I come back it will be on 0, so that my site wont get deleted - administrators please take this suggestion, this will also be applied to many people who need to stay away for as long as two months from surfing, I think.
Jeff_vella_leone
neosree wrote:
The point system is getting very good, a student like me will find it difficult to type a paragraph in every post, to make it quality one. I am not complaining though. But as we need to keep our site alive, there is no way around but spend a lot of valuable time here to get the ideas of a discussion inorder post a quality reply. And this post, even though a bit long, maynot be that quality one. But how can I know what I am saying is quality post in the eyes of mods/adms. The word quality is said everywhere. Rolling Eyes

Arrow And one Suggestion : The maximum points one can hold should be increased from 40 to 60, this is because when I need to study for exams and write the exams, I need to stay away from internet and so I cannot find time to post here to keep my site alive. And the exam period is two months, so just before signing out from internet for two months, I can have 60 points and when I come back it will be on 0, so that my site wont get deleted - administrators please take this suggestion, this will also be applied to many people who need to stay away for as long as two months from surfing, I think.

well u dont need a paragrph to get ur points m8, from post's here, u get the impression that u need to post much words to get decent points, but its not true if u write 2 whole lines of text u get more than 1 point/frish and its more than enough for the day.
+ point limit is set to 50 not 40
+ u wont get ur site deleted at 0 but u will get warnings
if im not mistaken it has to be -15 to -30 to get deleted but im not sure and im too lazy to read faq again Smile
well i suggest u read forum FAQ first though before posting post like this Confused
ChunkyBustout
I think the changes to the point system are fair. I remember something being mentioned that had to do with being able to spend fri$ for points - what happened with that?
SNES350
neosree wrote:

In the rules somewhere, there is mention of what to do if you are going to be away for an extended period of time (beyond the 45 days due to the point cap at 45). (I believe) it says that you can work something out with an administrator before you leave, as long as you actually come back and post regularly after this period.

Also, being able to spend frih$ for points would be very stupid - the people who have hundreds of frih$ could buy points this way and not have to post much if at all for a very long period of time. Working a system that would work well would take more time than it is worth.
bananaphone
Great Idea, It would stop people from just writing "I agree" or "Yeah, good point" or something pointless like that. People need to state their whole opinion rather then just saying a few words.
tidruG
@jeff_vella_leone, I actually read through the whole thread regarding your flame saga. But I was not the Moderator who handled the case from the beginning, and some posts were removed because they were too flamy, so I got lost a little bit in the middle.

My sincerest suggestion to you is to forget it and move on... it was a thing of the past, and so let's leave it in the past.

As for the Mods getting less points for only typing "-close-", ti really still doesn't make any sense to me... the mods will continue to use "-close-" as they used to, because rarely do the mods have to post to get FRIH$/Points. I personally think it's better if every Mod closed a topic using the "-close-" tag, since that way we'll know which Mod closed the topic.

As regarding your second post, which was a direct assault on n0obie... I agree that Frihost Moderators should set the right example, but there are some times when somethings can be said and points (not Frihost points, but actualy discussion points) can be made in a couple of sentences. That's why we don't generally bother the registered users whenever we see a reply with only one word or one line... but the newly registered members have to post long posts so that we know that they do have the potential for making good discussions, and not just one-line replies.

I appreciate you are replying to my posts in a constructive manner instead of getting angry. Smile
DarkGoku
SoftStag wrote:
DarkGoku wrote:
petroldevil wrote:

petroldevil wrote:

Not the most useful posts though, are they? The first one is fine, albeit pointless, the second I simply cannot understand....

If you write something that contributes to the community, and is written with reasonable grammar, then there should be no issue in getting points.
But some people NEVER use proper grammer online.

People need these points to keep their sites. It's almost like how people work to keep their homes. If the boss just randomly said that he was going to lower your pay, would you instantly agree with it? No!
zoombinimatt
I noticed there was some change and it makes sense, although i was a bit confused at first lol.

I definitely like it better this way Very Happy
Jeff_vella_leone
tidruG wrote:
@jeff_vella_leone, I actually read through the whole thread regarding your flame saga. But I was not the Moderator who handled the case from the beginning, and some posts were removed because they were too flamy, so I got lost a little bit in the middle.

My sincerest suggestion to you is to forget it and move on... it was a thing of the past, and so let's leave it in the past.

well it was u who started discussing about the flaming war saga i just said now i know the reason y i was mistakenly accused Confused
I don't wanna start it again don't worry but before asking if i copy paste first u should inform urself better Confused
tidruG wrote:
As for the Mods getting less points for only typing "-close-", ti really still doesn't make any sense to me... the mods will continue to use "-close-" as they used to, because rarely do the mods have to post to get FRIH$/Points. I personally think it's better if every Mod closed a topic using the "-close-" tag, since that way we'll know which Mod closed the topic.

well i think u misundestood everything m8 here, i didn't say that writing 'close' was bad or unfair but i said having points for closing a topic is unfair for the rest of the frihosters and i said that how the system is now, makes it more fair for everyone. Did i say something wrong?
tidruG wrote:
As regarding your second post, which was a direct assault on n0obie... I agree that Frihost Moderators should set the right example, but there are some times when somethings can be said and points (not Frihost points, but actualy discussion points) can be made in a couple of sentences. That's why we don't generally bother the registered users whenever we see a reply with only one word or one line... but the newly registered members have to post long posts so that we know that they do have the potential for making good discussions, and not just one-line replies.

well first its not a direct assult on noobie its just that i found only his 'close' topics in suggestions topic that where short enough,(maybe he is the one responsable there) not counting that he closed the magiority of the topics in frihost.
Not only that but he replied to me and i answered to him, im not accusing him of anything. If u replied the same way as he did, i would have said the same to u, with noobie4life 'close' links.
hmmm, i agree that u shouldnt bother for 1 word in discussions but i think that now those who used to put the 1 word to spam will find it useless and they will have to increase their words and then we will c if frihost will be happy with some useless posts (before with just 'i agree' they saved the day now what happens?)
I beleave that tryen to ignore the problem is not a solution but its just me Rolling Eyes [/quote]
tidruG wrote:
I appreciate you are replying to my posts in a constructive manner instead of getting angry. Smile

well thanks allthough i would more take it as an insult this.
im a calm person and i told u allready u dont know exactly what happened and y did i flame ..........
and i dont beleave u have understood much of what i wrote else, u would have replied to it for sure, because there where many good ideas there.
well i spent hrs and hrs thinking and rereading for every single post there and i wasn't answered! thats
what was making me angry. Confused
well nvm i wont start it, forget it Sad
thanks for reply
SoftStag
DarkGoku wrote:
People need these points to keep their sites. It's almost like how people work to keep their homes. If the boss just randomly said that he was going to lower your pay, would you instantly agree with it? No!

Interesting analogy, I like it. Think of it as performance related pay, don't do enough and you get paid less, but if you put the effort in you get paid more. I'm sure the hard working people among us will be more than happy to do this.
lockwolf
Though this could cause people posting spam me and forum games, you could use the Cash Per Reply function with Xores Cash Mod (I dont know what cash mod your using). IMHO, I think that if someone makes a popular topic that is discussed a lot (Like some of the featured topics), the person who created it should be rewarded somehow.
theo
a GOOD IDEA
but maybe some people'll try to write something like:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
or
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i agree
in order to gain points.
Jori
Fine
letianer
i think that's a good idea, but it still has some problems. I have seen many people have more than 10points, which is more than the 10 points requirement to get a free space. The reason is these guys really like to say something here not just for the free 250MB space. how ever, for some other guys, their purpose of posting a topic is just for the 10 points. after they get the 10 points, i don't think they will post anymore. so , i suggest 10points should no longer be a requirement to get the free webspace. if people like this forum and chat with friend, they would stay even without the 10 points requiremnt , if people just come for the 10points, they will just give some less valuable words, which may lower the quality of the whole forum.

That's all i want to say.
Lennon
It's a great idea. But I've a big problem with a limit of the no. of posts you can add. I've added about 30-50 posts today, and after about 15 posts I get the message
Quote:
You have exceeded the allotted amount of posts and will not earn anything for your post

I just don't get any points or FRIH$ for them. I'm spending time adding to conversations (hours), and there's no incentive to keep on adding to the conversation, no FRIH$. In the number of posts I've added with this message I could have earned about 30-50 FRIH$ but since I'm over the limit, I don't get it. Why is there a limit to the number of posts per day? Since I don't see much use for the FRIH$ I'm not trying to save up or anything.
clip
They said that they're gonna put something to be bought by Frih$. ^^ I think it's gonna be good. Who knows? It could be 500 Frih$ for an additional 50mb of space? or bandwidth maybe? it could be good yknow? Very Happy

[edit]
oh yeah, I forgot my main point. ^^ That's why I'm saving my Frih$
Arnie
I may be mistaken, but my points don't seem to be reset to 45 anymore each day. I'm not even sure if the -1 is taken off. Many other members have a lot of points as well. Not that I mind, but was this intended?
dkbg
I'll have to echo what Arnie has said above, I don't seem to be losing a point with each day that passes, my points remain constant as far as I can tell. I assume this must be some development issue which you should fix as it undermines the whole reason for the point system.
engeland
Hang on a minute,

this thread is mostly about opinions on whether Bondings made the right descision or not. Well what some of us would like to know is how mouch points are deducted after everyday.

For example, before this implementation, everyone's points would be restored to 45.00 after everyday (talking about points not frih$). So what's the restoring line now?

coz i'm posting just as usual and my points aren't going down that quick Confused
n0obie4life
We have disabled the resetting of points to compensate the loss of server 2.

We will re-enable it soon..

Anyway, I hope Bondings will consider these suggestions..
Jack_Hammer
I don't like it as I have said previously. I just don't like it at all, the only thing I like is the fact you can now get 3points per post thats all...
x-stream
I like the change... This makes the newbies to make more quality posts! But the thing is, that you sometimes just have to wirte a short posting, and then you don´t get much points.
So I must be patient, too... Crying or Very sad
waiteck
>.< Its so much harder to earn the points now as compared to the last time where points are much easier to get.
Jack_Hammer
waiteck wrote:
>.< Its so much harder to earn the points now as compared to the last time where points are much easier to get.

That was the whole idea.

Though I do have to say it is a good idea the way the points isn't limited to 50 max now, means people can say go on holiday without fear of there account being delted, lol.
Blaster
Jack_Hammer wrote:

Though I do have to say it is a good idea the way the points isn't limited to 50 max now, means people can say go on holiday without fear of there account being delted, lol.

It was really 45. Bondings stoped it resting so people could gain there loses from the server 2 crash not to long ago. The big one not that little one that just happend. I don't know why he didnt' turn it back on.

I actually like the new points system. I am getting like 3 points for a good quailty post. So as long as you post good you are getting it better. The downside to that though is that we have people that copy and past articles without quote tags.
Lennon
Yeah, the points system is fine, Even two weeks holidays and you'll still be fine.

I nearly made 400points while server 2 was down. I was top of the points list for a whopping 12 days.
SMCentral
i dont really like that i know my points are going down

really a ball popper

you should change this
Daniel15
SMCentral wrote:

really a ball popper

you should change this

Well, that's how we work here. If it wasn't like this, people would spam heaps, and then never come back again. Think of the points as the "payment" for your web hosting Wink. Anyway, if you don't like it here, then just go to a paid host or something. Trust me, you'll be hard pressed to find another host, free or paid, that has the same quality as FriHost does.
n0obie4life
SMCentral wrote:

really a ball popper

you should change this

Go to a paid host.
xone
very good roberto
knowme640
So... wat exactly is the FRI$...

i mean... what exactly are they used for??

can someone help please??

And.. if this thing has already been discussed..

could you please point out the URL??
Animal
knowme640 wrote:
So... wat exactly is the FRI$...

i mean... what exactly are they used for??

can someone help please??

And.. if this thing has already been discussed..

could you please point out the URL??

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10013.html
coolclay
Wow some people really are helpless.
Blaster
coolclay wrote:
Wow some people really are helpless.

He's a n0ob. You were there once there too, so was i and all of the rest of the frihosters.

I liked the old point system as much as I like this one. I don't know why it was changed. It seems so easy to get points now. I vote it goes back to the old way.
FlyingBurrito4
I like it. My posts generally aren't massive, but they're usually never just one line and absolutely never one word, so it definitely benefits me.
eku53ru
Although I joined before I could see the old system, I can see how this new one is more beneficial to users. This is especially beneficial to me because I tend to be rather verbose (I can't really help it) when it comes to posting responses.
cnnet
good idea
so posts can be different
but some may spam only they can get more points and fri$
sebascorre
If a post is good and short then is double good.
I like reading short post.
Smile