FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

any luck promoting?

canadol
Has anyone tried to promote their websites? I have submitted my site to google so that it can be found when words asociated with my site are typed in search but has anyone had any luck with this? A former webspace I used was not search friendly because of the address and I am wondering if Frihosts pages show up in searches
dkbg
I've never submitted my site(s) to any search engines and I still get listed after a pretty short period.

The Frihost subdomain won't be as SE or user friendly as your own domain, but it will still definitely still get listed anyway.
Nikkori
Quote:
as anyone tried to promote their websites? I have submitted my site to google so that it can be found when words asociated with my site are typed in search but has anyone had any luck with this? A former webspace I used was not search friendly because of the address and I am wondering if Frihosts pages show up in searches

Did you apply for google adSense? I think you must apply first then they will review it. adSense is good for google becuase you're the one who promotes their products. What do you mean google will promote your site if you will going to submit your site to them?
canadol
adsense is something different. You can submit your site so they add it to their search. Just type in your address and your description and enter. They do not guarentee it gets entered but it just helps them add it if they choose too
aningbo
get to the url and ad your site, http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

within 3 months of time, your site will be around. thats wat they say but it will be faster.

the best thing is to add meta text to your pages and then the whole of the search engines will track your site down.gud luck.
anhstar
Ya! Put alot of meta data on the header of your pages. If you have some CMS like Xoops, it will be inserted automatically for you. Otherwise, you have to add it yourself, which might take alot of time.

However, I think good meta data is the way to go if you want your site to get noticed.
GB
The best way to get into Google is to get links to your site from sites with a high PageRank. (This is that green bar in the Google bar). Getting those links is more difficult. If you have other sites that you control the content of, definitely interlink your sites. Otherwise, google the search term you want to be listed under and find out if the top sites that come up will exchange links with you. Go to their site, look around and then email them and suggest a place where your link might appear. Also tell them where you have linked to them on your page (which you should do before contacting the other place.)

Meta data helps somewhat in some search engines, but Google mostly cares about who links to you. Remember, the rarer your search term, the better chance you'll get listed high up in the rankings.

Google has some things to say about how to get listed in their Webmaster section.

There is lots of information on the web about SEO (Search engine optimization). Here are some links:
    SEO Toolkit This is a great resource packed with information on how to get your site ranked.
    A List Apart occasionally has SEO related information.
    Google Ranking Factors lists many ways to improve your site to make it search engine friendly and get listed.

I hope this helps!