FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[OFFICIAL] Do you play an instrument?

Srs2388
I was wondering how many of you guys play music...
what do you play?
I play
some bass....
a ton of guitar
very little but piano
thats about it I love my music how many others do the same?
Billwaa
I think there are like 100 topics like this out there, but I play violin, guitar (both wood and electric), trombones, piano.

I also compose music.
SunburnedCactus
Guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, vocals...

Yep, I'm pretty sure I've posted this before a few times as well.
Airfrorfria
electric guitar all the way. I'm lead guitarist for my band IMMUNITY. We still need a bassist, we have an acoustic guitarist, a singer, a drummer, myself, and a recorder. We're punk rock and heavy metal I've wrote a few songs let's just say I'm no Edgar Allen Poe.
chargoyle
Yeah his topic does seem a bit familiar....but at any rate, I play French horn, trombone, piano, and a little bit of the flute and the cello. Also, I'm learning how to play guitar. Also, I've got some programs on my computer so I make a little bit of techno and some orchestral-sounding stuff.
inscribed
I play my Cello mostly. I love my cello. Although, recently, I've been dabbling in Fiddles and Violins. They all make such wonderful and melodious sounds. And, of course my interest has been piqued by the electric guitar, but I have yet to pick one up. It's sad, really.

I'm actually hoping to get a new cello with a pickup installed, so it can compete with the other members of our band. It's really awkward setting it up with mics to pick up all of the sound. That, and a lot of the time the system ends up screwing up. It's such a pain. But, that's what I get for not wanting to spend that extra 500 dollars in the first place.

Here's a question; Has anyone out there bought an instrument that has costed them an arm or a leg, or more than that? I know my cello was hell to get a hold of, but I'm just curious to know if anyone else has done this. :3
Insanity
Airfrorfria wrote:
electric guitar all the way. I'm lead guitarist for my band IMMUNITY. We still need a bassist, we have an acoustic guitarist, a singer, a drummer, myself, and a recorder. We're punk rock and heavy metal I've wrote a few songs let's just say I'm no Edgar Allen Poe.

Edgar Allen Poe writes stories, not songs Wink

For me, I'm learning both drums and piano as well as keyboards. It's tough though since my neightbors are very vocal about me making too much noise when I'm practicing.
sonictooth
I mostly play the bass and a little guitar. I'm also learning keyboards and starting to do some electronic sounds (drums, synths) for my electro-jazz band.

sonictooth
Srs2388
cool more of a variety than I expected so thats really cool
im learning how to read actual notes better now. I used to be able to read it good but i didn't use it for about 4 years and forgot most of it
ntothes
I play guitar all the time
I play some piano, just messing around mostly
I'm pretty good at making music using production software like fruitloops if that counts
jstoeffler
I play a lot of electric guitar, some piano, drums, and acoustic guitar.
Scott
I play mainly guitar, but I'm getting really into using my keyboard with some softsynths. I can also play bass alright.
soulman
Keyboard, and Bass~~ but my guitar skill sucks...
Koi Fish
Yay for trombonists!!
I primarilly play trombone but also play sax, piano, and am dabbling in trumpet.

I also enjoy creating compositions for middle/high school band. Embarassed
Ofinet
heheheheh, mainly I'm a pianist.
I can pass of as a rythm guitarist.
I'm currently experenting with bass guitar.
I learnt drums for a whole year but the tutor was crap so I quit.
I learnt violin for a year too...ugh...and quit for the same reason as drums.
But you're all forgetting that THE VOICE is an instrument!!!! I've got maaaad pipes Razz (Lead singer and all)

Speaking of multi-instrumental skills, you should see my band. It's like musical chairs with instruments. We don't go through a set without switching instruments atleast three times. FUN FUN Razz
edgeofend
Bass and vocals (in my band), guitar (just for fun), keyboard (sometimes) drums (not so much), percussions (not so often as i would want to) Smile
william jones
yes i lay all sorts of instruments
i make instruments
hodgenpodg
i play bass althought not very well because i only started this past summer and i used to be able to play some piano.
Jeslyn
I play the Acoustic guitar and the piano.
Chon
Bass but I played Keyboard.
snowboardalliance
I play guitar in a band. We haven't written much and don't have a name yet.
stevebox
I play Keyboard and i sing. I want to play in a band but i don't know where i can find it...
@snowboardalliance: Where did you find your band? Where do you play? And what kind of music??
Bye
steve
minb2215
You play a lot of instruments. I think i learned new ones just by reading this forum. I'm just playing piano, and I think it's enough. Not classic piano ( Shame on you ) but more like blues, jazz and pop
schudder
Well, I've got classical training in Piano, full 10 years, so I'd say I'm pretty good at that, though I wish I'd taken some Jazz piano as well, cause I couldn't improvise if my life depended on it Razz

Besides that, I also started learning classical (not acoustic) guitar on my own, some 2 years ago. I'm still not that good, though I could probably play some punk songs if I wanted Wink I also have an electrical guitar, but I don't play that one as much, mainly cause my only amp is a mastodont Fender Quadreverb, weighs 40 kilos and makes a lot of sound, which my neighbours wouldn't like.

And next to that I'm also doing some synths, bass, recorder,...
Nick87
My first instrument is the guitar, I love to play it, and eventhough I haven't been playing for very long (5 years now) I do practise very intensive, so I think I can say I'm pretty advanced by now.
The instruments I can more than save myself on are the drums, percussion (african rhythems are my speciality), bass guitar, piano and I can sing.
And I compose.
PureSimpleNatural
I took alot of music in school, so I've learned to play a few instruments for the school orchestra -

Recorder (still play)
Oboe (tried the Bassoon)
Concert Flute / Piccolo
some Sax

For fun, I play some keyboard and am currently learning classical guitar. I also oft times pick up the Recorder (as stated already), the Irish Tin Whistle, Pan Flute and other various wooden Flutes. Oh, and I sing... and along with my husband, mix music. I enjoyed Music Theory and composing but it's been a long time and I've forgotten most of it.

Favorite instrument is the Flute Rolling Eyes , and I hope to be able to get another concert Flute soon.

Very Happy
muohan
It's much more difficult to play one instrument well than play many just so so, and is more useful too.
PureSimpleNatural
muohan wrote:
It's much more difficult to play one instrument well than play many just so so, and is more useful too.

Perhaps... but I enjoyed the challenge of learning different instruments, and I think it was useful being placed where needed in the orchestra - this was especially so with the oboe, as I was the only one able to play it. So, I really don't think my repetoire is a total waste.
snowboardalliance
stevebox wrote:
I play Keyboard and i sing. I want to play in a band but i don't know where i can find it...
@snowboardalliance: Where did you find your band? Where do you play? And what kind of music??
Bye
steve

1) ummm, where? It's just me and my 2 friends. We still need a bass player but basically we just decided to start a band.

2) We haven't played anywhere yet because we've only started writing, need and bassist, and need a singer-But when we do it would just be like local places.

3) I don't know exactly what style you would call it but its like Alternative Rock, kind of punk.
storken
i play pc-games (kidding)

what i really played was a saxophone. i played it for 5 years but then i grew tired of it and aventually i quittet.
Lennon
Keyboard, piano, guitar and I could manage a few simple notes on almost any instrument (except the bagpipes, small little me)
architeq
nothing to display
SunburnedCactus
The Juno is definitely an awesome synth, you can get some really nice sounds out of it. One of my favourites anyway.
Loghete
I have played the piano for half a year.
I wanted to make music. So I decided to learn to play something.

I'm making music with FL Studio now. Check out my webpage if you want to hear some ---link removed by rvec----
Petee
I play lots of instuments - Trombone, Baritone, French Horn, Trumpet (Not very well yet), Acoustic Guitar (6 & 12 string), Electric Guitar, and Piano (Sort of).
bloody_grunt
I play clarinet but I'm thinking of dropping it. I mean I'm not going into music for my career, It was just kind of a side thing. Plus it's getting kind of annoying taking up my schedule for school.
Apocalypse
Hi

I can play on elecrtic guitar
i play on ir for 2 years but i still can't tune it very well Very Happy
Well... I practice and maby one day.... i learn to tune it right Smile

If you have some good tabs post me(i'm interested in Punk Rock)
nopaniers
I play trumpet. I have been playing since I was in third grade (I'm now 2Cool, and I still love it... but I am still not much good. Smile
Bobispurple
I play french horn for high school band, but i play acoustic guitar at home. Im not very good, but im getting there.
meaniegeanies
Drums, guitar, bass guitar and keyboards.

I play in a garage punk girl group (I'm the only male) in Greece called (quess...) The Meanie Geanies.
Jesica
Hello

I play piano, I studied music in a private lesson in my home, I learned the musical note, harmonolgy (music harmony), solphage.

I'm very fond of music, specially the classic music..music of Beethoven, Mozart, Shopan, Tshikofski, Buch & many others. Also I like very much music that called "Nations' music" like Hungarian Dance, Zorba the Greek, I mean the music that is a sign of it's country & it's nation.

I like most of the strings instruments like "Harp, Violin, Cello, guitar...ect" & some rhythmic instruments. But I'm actually play only piano & I want to learn more other musical instruments.

Yours
coreygates
i play guitar, some bass, some piano, cant play drums to save my life (maybe some practice?) and i would love to get some bagpipes
Xminor131
I play the xylophones. a little tuba Cool you know cause the chicks dig it .
Konfunderad
I can't really play any instrument. Some chords and so on acoustic gitarr, some on bass gitarr and some notes/tones on the flute. And that definitly it.
AftershockVibe
I play keys. Nothing exotic usually although I have played belgian church bells via a keyboard and blasted out the Phantom of the Opera theme ona a church organ. Tres cool.
eku53ru
I used to play piano when I was younger, but I was actually allowed to quit by my parents after I got bored of it a year and a half later. I guess I can call myself lucky, but I wish I now had the motivation to continue learning it.

After that, I picked up recorder (though that quickly died), and now I'm currently a seven years of flute (well, four if you cut off the three-year break). I've just begun learning the piccolo, and the most amusing thing about that is while looking online for fingering charts, I came across a site suggesting musician-standard earplugs. XD
hsadmin
Srs2388 wrote:
what do you play?
I play
some bass....
a ton of guitar
very little but piano

I play guitar, ( electric ) and am getting lessons every thursday.

Sometimes I play the drum, and sometimes I play the keyboard.
Sickness
I play the electric guitar, I love it!
starcatcher5555
I play violin, but I mess with the piano on given days. I play mainly classical.
Hippie
Piano, Drums, and the Didgeridoo. I wail on the Disgeridoo. .........................
Thundr n Lightning
I play the violin, can get around the piano enough for Theory and Composition purposes, and can doodle quite a bit on the viola, cello, and string bass.

I can also play a little harmonica, if that counts Laughing And I can play a little bit of the Chinese bamboo flute (xiao) and the recorder Razz
Tyler
I play cello, piano, bassoon, double-bass, oboe, xylophone, timpani, French horn and I compose music.

I'm a HUGE classical music fan and I'm on tour right now in Denmark and Germany, and I'm going to be having a concert at the Sydney Opera House in June.

I'm VERY musical ^___^

~ Tyler
Subsonic Sound
I'm an obsessive bassist. I own four of the things, electric, acoustic, fretless and six-string. If I see a bass when I enter a room, it doesn't take too long before I'm doodling away. I've been playing perhaps four years now...

Currently working on learning Jaco Pastorius's Chromatic Fantasy for the fretless bass. Anyone who's heard it will know what a challenge that is! I'm currently a little stuck, on a part that seems to demand phasing fingers. Jaco was a monster player.

I also play some guitar and keyboards - the keyboards primarily for MIDI sequencing, which I'm getting fairly good at. I can't play the keyboard very well, but I can use the programs well enough to compensate very quickly. Reason 3.0 is my weapon of choice for sequencing, if anyone's used that.
Forgotten Legends
Well me I play a lot of percussion things. In band at school I am in the percussion section but in my free time I enjoy playing my drum set and my keyboard. I spend most of my time playing hard rock when I am at home.
Also I enjoy writing my own music. Smile
TheMentor
yea i play electric guitar, bass guitar, durms, vocal, piano and some equipment about music

if you have musician ear, you would play all instrument
mckenneth
wahhaa.. i play percussion.. keyboard, piano, xylo, and amm.. flute... drums ofcurs... and ammm... yha know wen U play percussion U play lyk pretty much a lot of intrument... (percussion toys)

but hey.. i wana learn guitar really bad!... sadly i dont find extra time for that!
Subsonic Sound
TheMentor wrote:
if you have musician ear, you would play all instrument

Garbled as it may be, that's true. Music theory is applicable to all instruments - well... standard 12TET theory is applicable to all conventional western instruments - so though you may have to hesitate for a second to figure out how to apply it on a new instrument, theory knowledge combined with a good feeling for rhythm and melody will let you at least have a go on any instrument you can get your hands on.

I learnt to play music on a bass, but I apply those principles to keyboards just as well, and guitar is virtually identical in playing style and theory. There's... one bass technique comes to mind that can't be done on a guitar, but aside from that.
Shewolf
I play some piano, some guitar and the tin whistle and the clarinett. And I love to play the keys, just for fun Laughing
Joewhite
I am able to play guitar, piano and some drums.
opsdaddy
I've been playing acoustic guitar for 25+ years. Recently I've been taking up the banjo. I'm surprised how easy it is to sound decent on it. Playing fingerstyle acoustic for years certainly helped.

We've got a piano that I've had the good fortune to move twice (UGH!) that I may get to at some point.....hmm.....
windrei
um..... i played guitar in high school. But i give up already. i think i do not have talent on it. i have learnt it for years and played with my friends, but i still cannot did good....

and i learnt violin in univeristy for 2 years. i play it now sometimes, but not always.

What i now always play is the Chinese flute. Do you know ? it's a flute made of bamboo. It sounds very nice, and i can play it good.

i am going to learn saxophone. i bought a saxophone last week. i am so happy. i like music.
Artelis
Drums, trumpet, piano, guitar, sitar, tabla
headoncollision
I think there's a big difference between "playing" and "playing an instrument well."
Techincally, I could play almost any instrument anyone throws at me - piano, bass guitar, flute, trumpet, guitar .. because I've had some experience learning them. However, the only real instruments I can play impressively are drums and bass guitar.
Guyon
In elementary school we were written up in a national article for advanced music training. We had a VERY musical school. I knew what a diatonic triad was in 6th grade. LOL I can not go to a ballet, symphony or opera with knowing someone playing.

I played keyboard in a band
I also can play my Greek lyre, and the radio Smile

I am teaching my daughter and son to play guitar, and I can not play one note myself.
Artemis11
I've been playing piano for 8 years. I also play tenor/alto/bari sax in my school band. I know some basic guitar stuff. Um, can play a bit of clarinet, and trombone. Thats about it.
avblue
I play guitar, and lots of it. Very Happy I love it. I play piano a little bit too. Took lessons years ago, but quit...now I totally regret it. -_- I play a little bit of the drums too. Not very good at it, though. Razz I kind of want to learn to play the banjo, just because it'd be neat to learn, it's different, and it'd freak my friends out. Cool
mrbofh
Hey, I play just saxofon! It's cool! Embarassed
Thundr n Lightning
windrei wrote:

What i now always play is the Chinese flute. Do you know ? it's a flute made of bamboo. It sounds very nice, and i can play it good.

I have a Chinese flute, though I suppose its more of a clarinet than a flute with regard to hand position. It's a xiao1, bamboo and with a home key of D.

Do you play the xiao or the dizi?
supjapscrapper
I play ... nothing Sad I've tried guitar many times but I'm way way too impatient to learn everything by therules ... this is dumb I know ... I prefer a lot more listening and chilling Very Happy
Doswa
electric guitar! bass! Piano! drums! and sometimes vocals Exclamation
gisyellow
i just play wood guitar
Citizen Kane
I play drums and a little bass. Had me a deathmetalband a couple of years ago, but started to get boring. No melody at all, just going like crazy. blastbeats and all that stuff.

After that i played in a progressive groove oriented band. loads of fun, but after the bass player had to quit, the guitarist and I were the only ones left... and there wheren many good players in the region.

since then, I've moved. some 300 kilometers. and now trying to do the same kind of band again. Influences: transport League, Tool, APC, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Mudvayne, Foo Fighters and al that goooooood goooood shit that god gave us (cough cough).
Hippie
Yep, play the drums, looking to get into playing some bass....Just need money to buy the equipment. God that crap is expensive. If I had a million dollars I would still find ways to beef up my equipment. Very Happy
ShredKeys
I play piano, drum and Bass for a living. Learning saxophone now.
bercha
I play a little bit of piano, and a little bit of saxophone
rekees
i play the flute...
achene
i play guitar. once i played trumpet as well but I stopped. but im not gonna stop playing the guitar since i love playing it and i play in a band. we play melodic heavy-metal.
Ljsk
I play guitar.
pokethamage
shouldnt this be a poll...? lol the subject title made me think it was...anyways i play the guitar...poorly...and the piano...also poorly...and recorder...the only thing i'm good at...besides anything having to do with computers...lol
prongs_386
hey all, i play guitar, was recently lead guitarist for a heavy metal band but broke up recently
ive got a coule of songs recorded at www.kymsmusic.be if ya wanna have a listen
Blaster
I have the abilty to place the gutair. I don't play it daily though. Its an ok insturment to play. I just lost intrest in it. Confused
the_mariska
Well, I'm in a music school, but my main subject is opera vocal, so I focus on singing. (You'll hear about me some day, I'm sure Laughing ) In my school I have also compulsory piano classes, but I'm not very good at it, and I play guitar for my own joy Smile

I couldn't imagine my life without music. Very Happy
Cthulhuman
In middle school I played the clarinet I guess that counts
nozgarth
i play drums for 2 years and i now start learning guitar.every great drumer i meet says to me that guitar helps a lot in becoming a beter drummer.your groove time and a lot other staff are geting way better.do you think this is true beacuse i am only in the beggining and i can tell yet and i dont wanna lose time from my draum practising to practice on guitar.
nozgarth
i play drums for 2 years and i now start learning guitar.every great drumer i meet says to me that guitar helps a lot in becoming a beter drummer.your groove time and a lot other staff are geting way better.do you think this is true beacuse i am only in the beggining and i can tell yet and i dont wanna lose time from my draum practising to practice on guitar.
scoot
Ive currently been playing for about 3 years. I have a Martin DC-16RE Aura acoustic-electric, and a gibson les paul standard electric. I cant decide which i like better. somedays im in the mood for my acoustic, but most of the time i love pounding out the riffs with my HUGE 30 watt fender amp. That was a joke. I have a couple of nice guitars, but i need to work on the amp. Money dont come easy, especially after spending every dime i had for the guitars.
Yukon
I used to play the saxaphone. Mostly the tenor but I started on the alto back in middle school.
I did some messing around with on the drums a while back and fiddled with a bass guitar for about 2 weeks.
But I haven't picked up a musical instrument in about 2 years now.
What I really would like to do is learn to play the guitar and not just plunck a few chords and fake it.
seanooi
I play the piano, have a grade 8 diploma in it.
I also play electones (might be known as organ to some people) and have a grade 1 diploma in it.
Currently trying to self learn guitar, but always end up going back to my piano or electone. Laughing
macfly
some bass, tons of guitar in almost every style, very little keyboards and a bit more drums.
omon
Insanity wrote:
Airfrorfria wrote:

Edgar Allen Poe writes stories, not songs Wink

For me, I'm learning both drums and piano as well as keyboards. It's tough though since my neightbors are very vocal about me making too much noise when I'm practicing.

learning how to play the keyboard is not that hard.all you have to know how to play was the chords,know your keys,know your minors pass the exam and finito.i'm learning how to play the keyboard also.i am only on grade 2.i'm not that good but when it comes to making my own music,men do i rock.
Screech
I play a few, I play the electric guitar(Epiphone Les Paul with Gibson pickups, because I refuse to pay over 4 grand for a Gibson. And a Fender Strat in Artic white. Fender 4x12 Deville a fewe pedals)

I also play bass (Fender p-bass with Seymour DUncan 1/4 pounders in there through a SVT 8x10)

Drums too (Just some Pearl i've had forever)

I sing in sever al choirs (Jazz choir, show choir, concert chor)

I play piano (I play my grandfather's old grand we keep downstairs and a organ)

And lastly Alto sax, I suck terribly at horns, but i'm trying.
vlnjodie
I'm actually a professional violinist....or studying to be one. Mostly I want to teach violin lessons and I have a small studio of violinists. I'm getting my masters degree at University of Oregon in violin performance.

I was forced to learn piano during my undergrad (every music major has to). However, I certainly don't think I can play the piano, only plunk out a few chords here and there.
carolinehjkim
I can play flute and I love this instrument. I'm also in school marching/concert band.
I had played piano for eight years but I quit like two years ago. Piano is fun but sometimes you can get bored. I also play tin whistle which is not a really fancy one but I love the sound of it.
I woule love to learn other instruments, too.
Busmika
when I'm drunk or alone at home, I play the guitarr...
vigge swe
i play trumpet and a little bit piano. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz
The_Gamer294
i play so much guitar ppl think im practicing for a concert, i play bass occasionally and i won a keyboard but the dust spends more time with it than i do lol
cfackler
Tuba, saxophone, and bassoon. With some dabbling at the piano.
kazoe
ok, so most people here play guitar. i think almost everybody somewhere in their life had at learned the basics of guitar.

On me, I've started playing the guitars since high school but.. I dont know i kinda get tired on it and without realizing, I gravitated towards the drums and I stayed playing the said instrument.
Eiken
I can kind of play the piano, I want to really learn how to this summer. Also, I'm a pretty good singer, at least that's what they tell me.
Chronos
I play some instruments:
Flute (Because School)
Keyboard (My brother teachs me)
Electric Guitar (I love it)
the_mariska
The_Gamer294 wrote:
i play so much guitar ppl think im practicing for a concert, i play bass occasionally and i won a keyboard but the dust spends more time with it than i do lol
If you don't know what to do with your keyboard, sell it to me Smile I'm learning piano and I don't have anything to practise at home (staying late in the school to practise is not what I like most ). I don't rather consider buying a piano as they are too expensive (I don't even have enough space in my room Laughing ) but a keyboard would be OK. Very Happy
BlacKRoSeS
I play guitar, electric and acoustic, and a little on drums, but im not too good on drums and im missing a hi-hat at the moment, so i mostly just play on guitar now.
steveadams617
I'm a classically trained pianist. Still play at a medium serious level, but no where near where I was in college. I made my living as an organist in churches for awhile...
vexation
I have been playing the violin since I was 7.

I also play the guitar, both acoustic and electric. I can play some bass although I don't formally own one. I would like to learn drums someday though.

I took a few voice lessons here and there and can sing decently although I haven't practiced in forever...
planetasian
I play the piano, cello and violin!
spaz-o
I play guitar and drums, mostly. Guitar for 3 years, drums just a few months. I teach myself pretty much everything I know, but I'm hoping to get a teacher soon.

I own a really beautiful cream Ibanez JTK1 Jet King, a crappier squier strat (that I got for free) and a Canora classical guitar, which needs a new saddle (that I haven't had the time to buy).

In the drums department I have a black wrapped Tama Rockstar 6 piece kit, with ZBT plus hats, crash, ride and splash, Zildjian High Boy china, Zildjian Thick Crash and Sabian China Splash.

Ahhh, the joys of music Very Happy
mateo632
ok, i was an instrumental music/music theory major in college, so here we go:

Main Instruments:
Electric Bass
guitar (many styles)
saxophone (esp. like tenor)
drums

Instruments i'm pretty good at:
double bass (aka string bass, upright bass)
trumpet/baritone/any three valve treble clef instrument
clarinet
harmonica
piano depending on style

other instruments i've played successfully:
flute
trombone
accordian
xylophone/marimba/etc
jews harp
mandolin
Moey
I play guitar and bass. I sing too, I guess my voice is an instrument Wink
I want to learn drums too, I gotta find a drumset though. I'd like to learn piano too. Well I still got my whole life to do that!
AG007
I play Drums and Piano. I can also sing, but do not do it much.
Currently I am learning guitar.

Yeah I also compose music, I will post my music later when I can get my music website rolling. Smile Smile

-AG007
darth_revan
I play 4 string bass.
Me and my band are trying to composo music too. We have 2 songs in progress, one is almost finished...
hazaramat
who cares about the fact that I play electric guitar, electric fretless bass, electronic drums and electronics (looping machines)? me. and my relatives who get annoyed by me making them listen to my boring new releases.
zamolxes
I'm a composer too, I play piano, but also percussion. I love african percussion, I had the chance to study and play african music from Ghana. I played some latino percussion too. My absolutely favourite percussion instrument is the djembe. My absolutely favourite instrument (well, a percussion instrument too... sort of) is the piano. I use it when composing. And then, the computer (to second the guy who said he playes computer games, hahaha), but I use it to compose, to make music... so it's sort of an instrument...
soldeinvierno
I play guitar (both electric and accoustic) and harmonica. I also play in a band and believe me there's nothing better than being on stage with another 4 fellas doing what you like the most!
rightclickscott
My girlfriend is teaching me to play guitar, and people say I do some great vocals.
dyrtyrice
Srs2388 wrote:
what do you play?
I play
some bass....
a ton of guitar
very little but piano

You sound very much like me. Although I don't have a bass, I'm pretty good. I play a lot of acoustic and electric guitar, though for a while I stopped mostly. Trying to get back into it. Also, I've recently picked up the violin and I am making progress Smile
imsims
I play the piano. I play almopst every day but I dont get much better ? Very Happy
Thatguy
I play guitar. I have a Fender Telecaster (my baby) and an Ibanez RG470.
lordlinier
i'v just started learning guitar, for about 3 months, i always wanna start my own nu-metal band!
josh.duval
I spend almost all my free time now playing my electric guitar. Nothing makes me feel more at pease with myself than to look up a song I like and learn how to ply to it. But I also play drums and bass pretty well. I tried trumpet once... didn't quite work out.
sumangurung
I play the guitar as of now. But too bad, i couldnt have any formal training as there are not training centers in the place where i live. It is really sad and frustrating at times but i try and learn as much as i can, because i love playing the guitar.
When i grow old i would definately want to spend a lot of time composing music and writing songs.
strato_220
I play a ton of piano
johnnycake
acoustic guitar, violin, and piano... self taught but going at a slow and steady pace
mmaccarelli
I am a piano teacher and am pursuing my master's in piano pedagogy. I took up the violin in high school and played that throughout college. Lately, it's just piano....
Robban
I play the trombone and some guitar and piano!
fashioncrimewave
i mainly play the electric guitar. however, I record a lot of my own music, so i can play rudimentary bass and keyboards.
soldeinvierno
Looks like there are a lot of guitar players out there... I'm another one! Rolling Eyes
Kaneda
I have classical training on piano, also play jazz and pretty much any other genre on it. Also play (alto and tenor) saxophone and I'm a long way into learning electric guitar (meaning I'm relatively competent). I can work the violin and bass. And sing (and play the previously mentioned instruments) in a band doing mainly rock, but also jazz, acoustic ballads and various odd stuff - learning the guitar to add second guitar for the band - we're five people pretty much incorporating every kind of instrument and combination by now, depending on the song. Smile
mercurial
i play all sorts of guitars and piano..and a little of violin..(: guitar was more of self learnt, but i still like it more than piano though
Shanghai_Dragon
I used to play the piano when I was, and I was ok at it... I quit after being stuck on Chopin's fantasae impromtu Evil or Very Mad . The left and right hands were too hard to put together. I kind of want to go back playing piano but I don't have time for it anymore.

I also played Clarinet for school band, I stopped when I quit band, and I can't play it anymore... same for the violin.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
I'm obsessed with music; i love it so much!
I play the drumbs, and a wee little bit of the bass guitar.
I also sing, not too bad either, i must say...
And in the past i've played the violin, recorder and the Zamponia Pan Flute. Very Happy
Alistair
I am mainly a piano guy - started when I was 3.5 and did lessons until I was 14. Now I just do it for fun, but I am thinking of going and learning Jazz piano sometime soon.

I also dabble with the Guitar, Piano Accordian, Tin Whistle and Low Whistle. Have played Sax and enjoy it but haven't played since high-school. But I can pick up the basics of most intruments pretty quickly.

I also love playing PS2's Guitar Hero! You might think that is wacky, but it is actually a lot of fun and a good challenge. Let's you play like a pro even if you couldn't make amatuer grade on a real guitar to save yourself.
A great way to get kids interested in music too.
Roald
I play the cello, and I am doing this a few years, and now I am becoming better and better I can play more advanced and modern music. That's fun.
jasmine
I play a little bit of piano. It was an on and off lesson when I was still in elementary.

For me, it was more of a knowing the basics of music and I don't have plans of going professional on it. Smile

As of now, I am content with the little music I can make, especially easy ballad pieces. Very Happy
HoboPelican
Guitar, bass, flute, keyboards, harp (harmonica), didgeridoo, theremin.

Do I play any of them well? Heck, no! But I like to play. Laughing
tamilparks
Hellow i am using PSR450 Yamaha, but there is no good voice can you tell me a good voice but i need some mid files also can any one help me
Jakob [JaWGames]
I plays trumpet and keyboard. I have played trumpet in more than seven years so I kow it quite well by now. I started to play keyboard now this summer and it is almost as fun as trumpet. It is also much, much easier to become quite good at it.
handles
I played piano for three years, clarinet for one, and f horn for four. I want to play clarinet again and to start with the trumpet, but I can't justify the expense. Perhaps to celebrate graduation...

Well, it is interesting to see how many people play instruments. I am more than a little amused to see the number of people who play guitars; I had not realized the instrument was so popular.
Becky
I play the clarinet. Been playing it for almost 6 years. But i had to give it up because i didnt have time for lessons anymore, as i had alot of work at school . Sad
Also i play high level recorder (Laughing), bascially i knew all the notes possible on it. The recorder is really sqeaky once you get to the really high notes lol.
serazat
I play nothing at all Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Petee
I play lots of stuff, though I'd like to learn more. I currently play guitar (electric, acoustic, bass, all of em'), Trombone, Baritone, very little piano. I can also play the French Horn and Trumpet, just not as well as other brass instruments (the mouth piece's are too small for me Sad ) I've tried several woodwind instruments, such as Saxiphone, BariSax, and Flute, I just don't know how to play them right yet Razz.
jds10912
i play guitar (both electric and acoustic), and a little bit of bass every now and then, but i really want to learn to play drums. i probably would have played drums if my brother had not gotten a guitar
but... if i did learn drums, i could be in a band with MYSELF!!!!
(oh i know i am soo cool Cool )
standready
I play the piano and other keyboards mostly. Also play drums, bass and rthym guitar. I also write songs and compose music.
mvrm21
Very Happy Hello there fellow musicians! I just got excited as soon as I saw this topic here, it's nice to know that i've made the right choice in choosing FRIHOST. To say the least; I would like to properly introduce myself to all the good people in this community. My name is Mark, im a keyboardist, rhythm gutarist and play the soprano as a hobby. I'm so into collaboration with other musicians since that; in my opinion is one of the best ways to grow in music. I am aslo a composer, arranger and solo performer. Honestly, the main reason i found this site is due to the fact that i've been searching for a free web host to help me in starting a small home-based business that offer services in the field of music. Should any interests arise please do not hesitate to send me a message or two, i'll be more than happy to reply. My thanks to the people behind FRIHOST, and to all in the community. Good day to all
_VIZILTI_
Hi Smile I play electric guitar and classical guitar. but i also want to play piano.
mvrm21
Hey there! ive seen some guyss interested in learning to play the piano, i have some pdf files on the basics of piano and music theory and ill be glad to send it to anyone via ym. don't worry guys these are open documents and may be shared openly over the web. send me a pm should you want a copy of these files. Smile
jcvincent
I play:

1. Bass
2. Guitars (Electric/Acoustic)
3. Keyboards
4. Harmonica
5. Drums

But I still want to learn how to play the violin. A great musical instrument. I also want to play the harp, flute, trumpet, and everything. I want all of it! Music is my life!
wombatrpgs
I have played the cello for almost six years, but I am still learning at. For the life of me I can't play the piano.

Also, I use a midi program on my computer to make up for my lack of piano skills. I like composing these electronical pieces better than other instruments.
anathema
I have played classical guitar for 5 years and after I started playing electric guitar. Now I am learning keyboards and my dream is to play drums!!!
Discovery
I'm playing the piano and trying to learn the guitar. There are so many other instruments I want to learn though!
Traveller
Since so many people insist on mindlessly creating duplicates of this topic, it has now been made "sticky" and "official." Please do NOT create any additional topics about this.
amusic
I play guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, organ, piano, a little bit on drum, keyboard....
Digy_Johnny
First : sorry for my bad English, I'm from Belgium...

I play violin in a folkmusic group with 14 other friends
I play a little harmonic too and piano.

Here is the website of my group "Bouche Oreille 2",
http://www.bao2.be.cx

Ciao!
Commando_Sondre
I've been playing piano for 5 years, and I still have 2-3 years left Razz
angel_of_death
well, here it goes. i play guitar : both electric and acoustic. i like everyone else i guess, prefer electric - lead and rythm. Cool
i also learnt keyboard. Smile
i know bass too, though i still suck at it i guess. Rolling Eyes
there seems to be quite a lotta variety here. i am quite surprised Shocked
FreakyBoy
im playing a lot of guitar and i played 7 years a violin and i wanna know if i should quit or continue studying violin
Jupernia
I play the Bass Guitar, piano and the Harp.
TarsajumaClan
lol I played tuba in high school.
Revel
i play electric guitar ;o
wavecage
I started on bass pretty early, but guitar mainly, since I was 16.
metal_man48
ive been playin guitar since my bday(2 months ago) and im quite good @ it. apart from tht i dont play anything else.
aneotoena
I've been playing guitar for like 4 years... still learning advanced techniques
Scoria
Na, I never understand nites and akk that kind of stuffm so I've just given up. Never liked music anyways, and I'm really happy that I never have to do it again in my life Smile
okullar
I have been playing guitar for four years. I have now an electric (Washburn) and an ovation (applause) guitar.
rjaduthie
I am guessing, as I haven't read ALL the posts, that a lot of these are big lists of stuff. Here we go (LOL):

(In order of appearance):

Anything at primary school - guiro, cabasa, maraca, chime bar, (melodica, although it smelt and everyone was scared of it)

The mighty recorder - descant, then tenor

The piano (pronounced Pee-Annah)

Percussion (to a highly sophisticated level):

Kit, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Vibes, Marimba, Timpani, Tibales, Bongos, Congas, Toms, Snare (virtuoso), Triangle (virtuouso), Windchimes, Castanets, Tubular Bells, . . .

The Guitar (pronounced Gee-Tarrrrrr!)
The Bass Guitar

I can also sing, though all I want to do is play the didgereeedoooo!

Wink
adpc88
I play piano, and i like to hear a lot of piano music, i recommend you DAvid Lanz, his music is the best of the world, please heat it.
Rejoice44
Well, I play mainly the Drums and Guitar, however I used to play Violin and Piano.
Scoria
Well, drums are probably the coolest instrument if I would choose any.
Gitar is nice too, but fluet and that kind of stuff, na, not really Smile

Sincerly,
Johan
feliciafans
I have very strange arsenal of instruments.

1. Violin

2. Mandolin

3. Piano

4. Saxophone

5.Harmonica

Yeah, music is fun! I play in an advanced level on the pianoand violin. The others are just for fun. For instance, I bought a very cheap saxophone during a vacation and the mandolin came from an auction. It's pretty old! Like 100 years or something. There are like crack and everthing.

Anyway, Violin is my foremost instrument, and I have been playing semi-professsionally since 2 years. It's a great fun since you can play in an orchestra. The down-part is that you'll have to constantly change the strings and the hair on the bow. Another disadvantage for violinists is that injuries often occure due to the fact that you have to hold the violin with your chin and shoulder, which can cause fatigue when played too long.

Violin is a beautiful instrument, when you play it the right way. It's the most expressive instrument in the orchestra. This means that it is a very flexible instrument to use and suits more or less any genre of music.

Violin fingering and bowing techniques can be very induring
patrickrapp
I program synthezisers on my laptop. S electronic music. I also sample a lot of sound wich I use in my sound art.
wilburx
I have few guitars: fiesta red fender jagstang, sunburst washburn strat, red series 10 bass, and a applause black plastic acoustic.

I have yamaha keyboard I mess with once and a while. I also used to play trumpet and baritone tuba in middle school.
Dragate
Everyone seems so talented here, and a lot of us know lots of instruments :O

I personally only really play the piano really well. Despite my age, being 16, I already teach it. I'm getting a diploma for it right now ^^ ~

I played flute and trumpet in concert bands, and self learned quite a bit of violin.

I hope to one day learn the acoustic and electric guitar, just becuase they sound so cool. I also would like to learn the Chinese instrument, the Erhu, for it's crazy good sound. I would like to sing also XD
Insanity
I can play a little bit of drums, but I don't have a drumset or anything, so I just play around with my friend's.

Same with guitar, but I think I have been improving since I borrowed it.

Piano! The instrument I am best at, but still suck at, surprisingly.
KentB
Well, i've been playing piano for 6 years, and am currently in grade 10, and i'm also third in Ontario, so i'm very proud of that.

Besides that, I play keyboard (yes, keyboard and piano ARE different), guitar, trombone, violin, drums, and timpani... and basically anything else I can pick up and fool around with.

You've gotta love music Very Happy
kcthomas44
I play the saxaphone, guitar, clarinet and guitar. I love to play music, but rarely get enough time. I picked up music from my dad who is the most musicaly talented person (besides people in huge successful bands) I have ever met. He can play any instrument you put in front of him. He plays the fiddle, guitar, piano, and saxaphone at home, but can also play the drums and bass and all kinds of other stuff, we just don't have those at home. He used to be in a band, and dropped out of school for a bit to try and make it big in nashville. Nowadays he plays for special events at church and school and whenever somebuddy needs him. He is my musical hero and I'm glad I got to share that.
SGbilder
Of course i play a few instruments! Doesn't everybody?
Wink

I started playing the piano when i was like six years old. Had the greatest teacher ever, even thoug she never got me to know notes. I just played by the ear from the beginning instead..

When i was about 10 i got my first drumkit and got into my first band maybe a year later.. Punk is a great way to start.. Doesn't take all that much skill.. after i couple of years i was playing in a marching band, in a death metal band (wich i also sang, or rather screamed in) in a HardCore vegan band (I wasn't a vegan thou') and in a jazz quartet.

I quit playng the drums when i was about 14 och 15. Got my first guitarr when i was 13 and learned it by myself. Played all the time in a bunch of bands and at parties. Started making some money for playing when i was maybe 16. I mostly played pretty strait forward rock, but i wanted to play jazz. Jazzguitarr is so cool!

When i was about 14-15 i discovered the electric bass! The greatest instrument in the world! It started as it does. Starting a band and not finding a bass player i thought that i could play it, i mean i can play the guitarr, whats the differense? Thats the great thing about bass. Almost anyone can play it. But the thing is to go from beeing able to play it to actually beeing a bass player it's such a long step. Today i cant stand a guitarrist playing the bass. It just doesn't work. I've played the bass for almost everyday in ten years now. I play eather a 4-stringed Sadowsky or a 5-stringed Music Man Stingray. I've got a 4-stringed fender jazz bass without the bars (i guess it is called) wich i use if i cant take my contrabass with me...

Thats the next thing. I hope it is called a contrabass in english to. (It is in swedish) Otherwise, it's the stand up, violin looking accoustic bass i mean.. Played it for seven years now, I love it, but hate to carry it..
Razz

I also cheat on som perc. like congas and djembes and stuff..

If you ask me i could play some harmonica for you and a few songs on the accordion.. Hmm.. have i missed anythig?? Hmm.. hope not..
thatsashok
I love to play Guitar.
Saskia91
I play harp for.. uh.. 5 years now. really like doing it, but I don't have much time becouse of school. Shocked
saeleyjnr
Electric Guitar!

Re-creating Queens of the stone age riffs is what i enjoy doing
Dezrok
I play...

Electric guitar
Acoustic guitar
Harmonica
Keyboard/Piano
Digireedoo (Seriously.)

Aaand I sing, if that counts for anything..

*Self-advertisement*
I sing and play guitar in a band called First Draft, check us out if you want...
http://www.firstdraftband.com
If you don't want to, then well, don't.
douzy
I play the music keyboard and a little of the recorder.
mjohnson
My favorite is guitar,then mouth-organ,I also play the Chinese traditional bamboo flute.I have never played the piano.
davince
Im playing synthesizer and on music workstations.
nootherone
I play piano, guitar, and drums.

i wish i had any of those here in college.
BigRog
I play saxophone in my school band. it is so fun. because of that ive met so many hot women in the band and chorus. i feel like a lucky man because of that.
DeviousRiders
i pla da comp i dont play a instrament
tingkagol
i used to drum for a band
SurBiff
I played guitar once in a band for about 2 years, i played both solo and comp.
Then for a while i also played Bas-Guitar, but that was to boring.

I also played a little piano and violin in school when i was about 10 years old, but i do not remember how to play that anymore.
The Mitchell
i am a basser a singist a guitarer a sythist and well generally anything. mainly a prducer though.

Quote:

hmmm thats probably because you werent a good bassist to be fair mate. Bass aint boring unless your after the blink fashion root note hogging!

EDIT:

'SYTHIST'
pronounced: s-eye-th-ist
meaning: not some kind of jedi but in fact a ridiculous mispelling on synthist
Subsonic Sound
Quote:

If you play it in a boring way, then yes. Any instrument has the capacity to be boring or simple. Like playing constant power chords on a guitar. Boring, simple. Root notes on a bass. Boring, simple. White Stripes lines on drums. Boring, simple.

But do me a favour. Check out 'Helios' or 'Dabuda's Memory' by Michael Manring. Then tell me bass is boring, or simple. Smile

Any instrument is just as simple, boring, complex or interesting as you make it, and if you couldn't put together any interesting basslines... well, that's your failing, not the instruments. Very Happy
kemosabi107
I was a boner (trombonist) in high school. And I feigned playing bass for a year and a half in a shitty garage punk band (blah), maybe you heard of us? maxfarm? .... *crickets* yeah didnt think so... youre lucky
Arseniy
I play guitar, piano, organ, xylophone)
That's all, 'cause I'm studying in Lyceum of Arts)
Coclus
I play piano but I havent played for a long time so Idk...
edmundgtp
It seems like just about everyone in the world, myself included, plays guitar...

Maybe I should have picked something a little more oddball!!
Lollirot
I am learning Keyboard and use of Synth.

I have played Guitar and Drums.
I also sing, :]
Runescaper
chargoyle wrote:
Yeah his topic does seem a bit familiar....but at any rate, I play French horn, trombone, piano, and a little bit of the flute and the cello. Also, I'm learning how to play guitar. Also, I've got some programs on my computer so I make a little bit of techno and some orchestral-sounding stuff.

I play the trombone...It's a pain in the butt, my slide lock broke...It just fell off...
onemoment
i play guitar and have played for almost 10 years. but i hang out with heaps of bands and guitar freaks, that its just such a turn off to hear all that geeky technical jargon. i just want to talk about the music!
wpatteson
Ive played guitar for about 8 years, cello for 4, and starting jazz piano in a few months.

im also real big on composition and music production.
BlockUp
Pure bassist. Yeah.

I love playing rock, jazz, blues, metal; well, just about anything. Playing along to records is the best way to get better at any instrument, and I do it all the time.
PhilSS
I play mostly guitar. I am a song writer and also play piano, bass, keyboards and drums. I program midi and sing as well. My band is working on a new album and want to play out, so we need to get a bass player. Any of you in the Tucson AZ area? Contact me.

Thanks!

Phil

www.dawnrocks.com
tamilparks
I like to play keyboard and organ
fitotif
Guitar and drums!!!
vanille
I'm a failed violinist! ahahahahaha *weep* I just got inspired again because I just witnessed a little kid half my height and half my age play at twice my skill!

:O

To be more exact, college level. She's going to be sent to Europe to study the instrument, can you believe it? Very Happy
androjuni
i play the piano and the guitar. i'm quite good at playing both instruments. i practice a lot because i play rythm guitar on my band and we occasionaly have gigs. i also fool around with the drums if i get the opporiunity to get a hold of one, a drum set is realy expensive so i rarely see one. playing the piano is something special for me, only a handful of people play it so it makes me a handful. haha! playing the guitar is a real turn on for gurls, and i can attract gurls that are musicaly inclined! haha! practicing has its rewards!
madcaps
I play guitar been doing for a few years, a Gibson SG is my favorite little hoe. the amplefier at home is a Line 6 spider II and at the "reharsal-warehouse?" (dunno the english term) I use a Peavy Bandit Smile
degenre
I play the guitar, paino (well mainly midi keyboard), and drums. But put any other instrument in front of me for long enough and I'll be playing that too. Yes, thats how I roll. Quite keen to put some focus into learning a brass or woodwind intrument.
darkelf
I play electric guitar, my favourite style is heavy metal.
gtherockgod
I play electric guitar...a little acoustic as well. Mainly I play heavy metal, but I do a lot of rock/hard rock-type stuff too. I'd like to branch out my styles a little and broaden my horizons, ya know?
jwob2
I play electric and acoustic guitar. I also play a bit of piano. I've played guitar and sung in a band for the last 2 years or so. I play guitar pretty much every day but don't get much chance to play piano anymore Sad.

You can check out my band at http://www.kokura.co.uk if you feel like it...
ashok
well not yet anything until now, but surely i'll learn drums very soon... Very Happy
djre-styler
i play the trumpet. and i am a dj also.
website comming soon!!

Please look at it when the website is ready!
Cephalic_Carnage
I play both Guitar and bass, I have played bass for about a year and a half, and Guitar for almost a year. I am getting quite good at both, though I am better with the Guitar.
welshsteve
I play electric and acousic guitar.

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Cherry Sunburst electric and a Tanglewood acoustic. My amplifier is a Marshall Valvestate and I have a wah pedal, a chorus pedal and a Marshall Guvnor overdrive pedal.
Archetype
I've played drums since I was about 9, and bass guitar since I was about 14. I recently moved, so I had to sell my drums. I was going to hold onto the cymbals, but I just decided to sell everything. I miss those Z Custom Dyno Beat hats. I'll get another set of drums when I move out.

And, I used to have an Ibanez SDGR 6 string bass. I bought it used for like $750, and I sold it a few years ago to buy stuff for my drums. I regret selling that thing every day. That was the best bass I 've ever played, and it sounded so sweet. Crying or Very sad
Sinangel
I play the guitar, and some piano
Been playing guitar for about 3 years now, so im slowly getting the hang on it =)

I have a epiphone les paul, a red jackson guitar that i dont know the name of =), a cort earth 600 and a beutifull GUILD guitar.

A hughes and kettner guitar amp and a roland 150W keyboard amp
Roland rs-50 synth and a zoom 8 track recorder.

I love music, its realy imoportant to me since i dont have tv or internett at my home Wink Shocked
Afaceinthematrix
I Play:
Trumpet
Baritone
Bass
Trombone (used to)
Piano

But my main instrument is the trumpet because it's the best instrument!
creezalird
Erm..I played instrument before this as I was 12 years old..Just a recorder though..
Besides that I'm learming how to play guitar right now
Bucaragay
I've been playing bass for two years now. I bought a 5 string bass cause I thought I eventually was gonna buy one of those and started playing. Now I know it would've been easier for me If I had bought a 4 string...

Well, live and learn.

Good thing is that I can play a 5string now, although it wore me out for a long time. Funny thing is that I'm a screamo vocalist too and haven't found a band yet...
shrinkwrap
I play the melodica!!! I love the melodica. So fun. Also, I can play random instruments like the penny whistle and the recorder.
And I can strum like one chord on a guitar!
medievalman26
I just learned how to play the vibraphone.
catscratches
I play the guitar but have not played for so long. It feels really great to play and it's very funny and I'll continue.
rfarrand
I do play an instrument...just my guess, but probably people would not post on here if they did not play an instrument...lol

I play:
Guitar
Piano
Trumpet
tony
i play violin, keyboard, and computer software (ardour, rosegarden, muse, audacity). i love music.
just-in
I play Piona and learning Acoustic Guitar.
defunkt
I play keyboard and guitar, and compose using Cubase and Reason.
hello777
i play the piano n keyboard nowdays...but used to play the guitar when i was small......wanna start the drums...but cant get the time off.......sad eh?

aite

cheerio!
coolio
I play the saxophone
MyCraft
i play:

1. synth
2. bass
3. cpu software, suck as reason, ableton live, reaktor.
penaltykillah
I usually use MIDI-creating software on my PC (that came from creating ringtones for my cell), the piano (including the keyboard) and I once played the guitar. Also, I want to know how to play the trumpet.
.Locke
I've played the cello for around 4 years, and I'm starting to learn to play guitar... probably going to save up for an electric one when I get good at playing the accustic.
sondosia
I play piano and flute. Flute's for school band mostly.

~M~
orizak
rfarrand wrote:
I do play an instrument...just my guess, but probably people would not post on here if they did not play an instrument...lol

I play:
Guitar
Piano
Trumpet

lol that's crazy...

I've been playing trumpet for about 3 1/2 years, guitar for 1 1/2, and I just started learning piano a week ago. I can play drums, but I don't have a drumset of my own. Actually I don't have a trumpet of my own either, I'm the only kid in high school who still has a school instrument XD
borv
I dont play an instrument unfortunatly. I have always wanted to though.
littletomi714
i play:
Piano - mostly all my life
guitar - 2 to 3 yrs
viola (not violin) - 3 years in middle school
cello - 2 years??? iono
cuz my frend taught me how 2 play at school
so i could play both
really good

yea...
blendbet
I play drums. Lately i start guitar leeson with guitar hero ii (playstaion game) Laughing . Very cool game Cool.
I will try in the future to start dsome lesson in violin. A friend of me is a teacher. Laughing
johnkimb5
I play the trombone. If anyone is unsure of that instrument, its the brass instrument that has a slide that you can slide back and forth to create notes. I really LOVE the trombone. I also love our award winning band, since we get to go to Disneyland in CA to perform, and we also march in many parades. It really is the best of the best.
BMB07
Jug
Banjo
Bass
Guitar
Keys
tefa_taftaf2010
till now i didn't play any one

but i'll do it soon
timm.mccoy
i play 3 instruments...
Piano...
perscussion (okay so if you count every single drum or keyboard percussion instrument i've ever played it'd be a lot)
and im learning oboe (schools paying for it)
BluHorizon
I play 3 instruments:

The clarinet which i have been learning since i was 8. I am now grade 4 on it and am doing grade 5 in may.

The saxophone that I've been playing since i was 11. I'm doing much better on that and am grade 2 but I'm doing grade 4 relitavly soon but i'm not sure how soon. But it should be soon because i have a music scholarship at the school i go to.

The guitar which i have just started and don't have any lessons on I'm pretty good but I've still got a very long way to go. Sorry world still a while to you hear the sound of my guitar
Firebird
I play Guitar a lot,I started when I was about 4 or 5 and ever since I've really enjoyed playing.I've been taking lessons since I was 7 but stopped when I was 12.I can play a few songs but mainly I like trying to see what I can come up with and what it comes out like.

I got my guitar when I was about 11 and it cost alot of money.After I've finished playing I always keep it in a case because I don't want it to get scratched or damaged.I've also tried other instruments but I find I work best with the guitar.I prefer to use a pick instead of my fingers because it's alot easy to hit the right notes.

That's about it.
Danomite
guitar, bass, drums, keyboard...and vocals I guess, I've been playing music since I was 8, I'm 21 now Cool
mialynavahy
i play piano since i was kid
and guitar... i wanna play violin, it seems great and classy
Thomas_uk
well alot of topics like this but... i play, the drums, trumpet, piano and vocals, lol
xlosin_love&&
Flute and piano but my favorite and the best one would be...

Vocals.
ozank
since i was 10 years I play saz, a turkish traditional instruments.
In high school I started to play bass guitar, then for the band's need,
I learned to play drum.

I think playing an instrument is very important. It just recharges you are
tired, stressed etc..
brioshy
i play guitar *-*
emjawa
Um, this is point where I sound really geeky. I've played piano since I was 6 (9 years), saxophone for 5 years, french horn for 2 and violin for under 1. I also do composition and all that jazz. Smile
wombatrpgs
Its seems composition is what's really fun about msuic, although I favor more improvisational. But I can't seem to do it as well as I can actually think up music...
agustin
I play the the guitar! The electric guitar is not an instrument... is a weapon which could kill anyone in front of it!
orizak
Well it is called an axe Razz

I'd be afraid of breaking it, I can't afford to buy very many of them.
antihelldrummer
I am a drummer... i've been playing about five yaers now and i love it. *nick*
JBotAlan
I play the piano. Been at it for about 9 years. I recently dropped it though, in favor of robotics. I was getting up there, so I was just a bit disappointed in myself, but not much.

JBot
Tatsumaru
Errr, just recently I have decided I want to learn how to play the guitar. At age 19. No experience in instruments whatsoever.

So yeah, I've got a long road ahead of me - I wish I started earlier.
unknown_talent
I have been playing violin for 6 years since 3rd grade. i played piano since i was 4 and sneeked to watch my grandpa teach my brother.I also play little bit of cello.I play electric guitar and also acoustic.
RoninRa
I play the Guitar, flute and Organ.
Just started learning to play Violin and Bass. (Got the Violin for x-mas \o/ )

Oh and I sing some, but only Rock'n roll, cause my singing can't handle anything else Razz
Andrew426
I play guitar.
I started about a year ago, and really wish I had started sooner.
Dwarf666
i play guitar since 5 years and i start to do tapping with my two hands. i made an awesome composition, if you want the midi file contact me!

i play also a bit of piano...
iNs@nE
I play the lead guitar for my band. Been playin since about 6 yrs now..! Am 18..!
medievalman26
I now play another instrument(not perfectly yet) I play guitar now as well as clarinet, tenor sax, and drums. Oh crap I forgot I learned how to play the vibraphone as well.
saeleyjnr
Saving up so that I can buy a Korg synthesizer. Electro synth music is officially the best.

I also play a guitar.
gaurav.baral1
I play guitar .
faebi
Well I play the Guitar (classic, accustic, electric) very well...
but I too play:
keyborad/Piano, banjo, mandolin, bass, drums, vocals
zjosie729
I play the violin, piano, and I'm getting to playing the flute.
agustin
I used to play the chelo but now Im learning Saxo because I love Jazz
alwom
im fairly good on the drums but other than that i play my computer keyboard, LOL Very Happy
wombatrpgs
If you literally mean a keyboard like for a piano, thats still a legitimate instrument. I'm wishing I could; would make composing with Noteworthy an awful lot easier...
alwom
i actually say that because i have a associate in video, sound, and lighting production and all my equip and cd recording and all are controlled by computers. LOL, Very Happy
Cee_Jay
I dont play any instrument at PRO level, but i m learning strings guitar..n i love it!..string sounds prove a spell to my soul...like flying me through the clouds with my hands in the hands of a fairy, who have been flying in my dreams since last year...what??? its not a poems thread??..lols!
divinitywolf
i play the piano. its great and i love it because although i love heavy music i also like playing piano because its soft and relaxing. quite an interesting contrast.
I used to play the guitar but it didnt suit me so i changed to piano.
madsencarl
I've never fully played an instrument, except for bouts of recorder/keyboard/guitar at school. It's just not my special power.
sonalobramo
I play Guitar and Keyboards. A little bit of bass. Violin as a kid but not anymore.
B4_Utopia
I play guitar (electric and acoustic), a little bass, and very little piano.
I play for a couple of bands, but in particular B4 Utopia! Which just rocks may i add! I sing a bit aswell...

I have written a couple of songs, probably not radio standard but pretty good for me... I'll get there oneday!R
Lady Elensar
I don't play any instrument at the moment.. played keyboard a few years ago (now it's broken Confused )... but I really want to play guitar. I like rock music, and espacially the guitar music of it! And the solo parts are awesome in some songs..

I also played a few month recorder Laughing I had to.. I learned it at school, during my study for teacher.. this instrument is often used at primary schools.
jobu
play guitar but am really a singer. 70 original songs on guitar and vocals. a few acapella, and 1 piano. yay for me lol.

So many people out there playing its a fantastic artistic world.
Ledyrian
i play guitarrrra, piano and i sing but i kno i shouldn't sing Very Happy goddd why didnt you give me a good voice!?!
Antoine_935
I play guitar, and I'd like to play some piano (but guitar's still my best choice Smile )
I've tried out violin two times, but I don't like it.
and I've also tried "flute traversire" and "flute bec" (in french, donno how to say in english, sorry). but guitar's still better Very Happy

Acoustic guitar is so beautiful ! Surprised
rongsen
i play guitars......m not much into songs.....but i play solos....and like playin the acoustic guitars....and sum classical Wink
kevbailey
I don't actually play an instrument. I just sing in a choir. I find that it calms me.
gsaygil
electric guitar and drums alittle
pudovkin
I'm a VJ and consider myself as a musician. I play images. Wink
ericquadros
i play guitar.
woodenbrick
I play guitar and keyboards, unfortunately they are in the UK and I am in Bulgaria (Luggage Allowance is a pain..)
Shin
I play guitar a lot when i was younger. I think i am a bit rusty now. I also play a bit of harmonica.
lady_yavanna
im a classical violinist, tho i love exciting fiddle tunes as well as ones with a slight rock/dance influence a la Bond and Apocalyptica. if u havent heard of these bands and ur in2 stringed instruments, check em out Very Happy their songs dont hav alot of vocals tho, but apocalyptica does sum pretty awesum versions of metallica songs Very Happy
Insanity
I've just started playing the guitar and piano, but I think I like playing on a drumset the most.
pawelsz
I have played the piano since I was ~4 years old and I still like it. I am not going to any musical schools or something like that.

And I can play guitar a bit Wink
tony
i compose w software. i prefer ardour/jack/audacity on linux. does this count?
bcarasco
I play guitar Cool
Marinho
I play guitar and piano! Wink
Artelis
tabla, anyone?
roboguyspacedude
I play viola, the instrument in the violin family.
agustin
I used to play the guitar but know Im learning to play the saxo.... I love its sound.... It takes me to another planet!! Really!! I love jazz too... The music is what it apeard and saved my life!! MUSIC...
lethaltriad
Right now i'm learning to play the piano especially since i'm composing music. My drum skills are pretty good I just need to brush up on my music theory and practice on the piano a little more to help with my melodies. I would love also to play the guitar one day, its probably my favourite instrument out of all of them.
popcorn-photo
I play piano and guitar. not very good at any of it though.. Razz
blackjackfanclub
I play guitar and bass! Smile
tileguy
I've been playiing bass for 27 years now. I currently play a 6-string Ibanez SR506 bass through an SWR 750X head and 2 4x10 Yorkville cabs. Mostly, I play technical death metal, though I did cut a CD with an all original jazz/funk/blues instrumental band at one point.

My main band is called Wetwork, and our latest CD, Synod, has recieved some very good reviews.

Cheers.
Alex Is Mental
I don't play an istrument anymore, but I used to play electric guitar and I learnt quickly. But then I didn't want to put any effort into practising - so I stopped. Smile
brucedes
I play bass and a very small bit of piano.

To be honest, I'm not the best on either, but they're fun, and keep me occupied, which is what learning and instrument should be all about in the end, eh?
darth_revan
I play bass and guitar. But i prefer bass in bands, since bassists are harder to be found.
matti05
I play on drums in the friend team but the head already comes off me this sometimes.
hunnuh
I think there are like 100 topics like this out there, but I play violin, guitar (both wood and electric), trombones, piano.

I also compose music.
Mouldylocks
I play the bass and guitar for my band mouldylocks.
We also invite friends to play random istruments, like the violin. We're a family band ( 4 brothers and sisters) and we can all play a bit of everything, so we like to change places.... it's fun to play different things
jessgetman
I've played may instruments in my life - clarinet, bass clarinet, sax, oboe, bass guitar - and I've tried out some that I'm just terrible at (trumpet, accordion, violin). Oboe's definitely been the instrument for me, and right now I'm learning Baroque Oboe, which in my opinion sounds much more beautiful than its modern equivalent. Once a player can play it in tune, that is. <grin> If you guys have never heard a Baroque Oboe -- and you care to -- look up John Abberger, Marc Schachman or Gonzalo Ruiz.
oleszka
guitar and learning to play the harmonica and Irish wistle
Zruch
I play guitar.
olskar
played electricguitar for some years
TheGustav
Trying... Smile To play guitar, pretty fun, catching on decently in my opinion.

Rock on! Very Happy
webthaman
I play different instruments Like Guitar, Flute, Keyboard, Drum, Bass. But i have formal training on Guitar. I play classic guitar. Right now i am taking Notation class. I am enjoying Playing Guitar than other instrument. After two or three months i will be perfect on guitar and hope to join local band.
Dr Carruthers
I play guitar. Not too good so far, but I try to improve my skills... Smile
VG Wyvern
Aw man. I LOVE music. *wants to be a composer*

In order of best to worst.

1. Trombone (level 5-6)
2. Harmonica (This might actually be tied with piano..)
3. Piano (level 5)
4. Recorder
5. Bells
6. Baritone
7. Drums
8. Accordion
9. Tuba
10. Trumpet
bassman
I'm a music major in violin performance. I spend about 5 hours a day alone with my instrument plus rehearsals, lessons and performances. This semester I'm also taking secondary piano lessons as well as a beginner guitar class. It's kind of weird switching from violin to guitar, as the strings are set up so differently, but it's fun to explore new instruments. Music should always be a fun way to express yourself- no matter what the instrument. I think I'm finally at a point in my violin playing that I feel more comfortable in front of an audience and have more fun doing it.
ZealousZ
heres my best to worst:
piano (9)
percussion (4)
flute
all 4 recorders XD
guitar
tin whistle
harmonica

i should try a brass instrument...
Pilot
I play bass as my main "advanced" instrument, a little 6-string guitar (mostly acoustic). I also sing leads and backups. I have a beginners skill at keboard instrument and drums.

Also I used to be quite good at trombone, but I quit playing it over a decade ago.
pijana_braca
I play guitar, but not often. I don't have enough time Sad
coozy
I play guitar but i don't have free time. Sad
Whong
I play the piano! Wink

I'd like to learn to play the drums too, but don't have time... Sad
fsal54
I used to play flutte when I was in high school Smile
Vladalf
My father was a musician and learnt me to play the piano. I knew allot of songs but I haven't played the piano for a long time and I lost my skills...
wernichtfragt
most people i know can play a few songs on the guitar
but when it comes to improvisation, they are too ashamed to play a single note....
quantumisyourfriend
The instruments I can play fairly well are the oboe, the clarinet, the guitar, and the violin...

But, I am the best at the piano, French horn, and singing...
poly
I play the piano...
Dj.Zombi
I play Didgeridoo 4 ears and jaw's harp one ear
chastise
Hmm, I play the flute. I am also planning on learning accoustic guitar, bass, alto sax, piano, and violin. That is, if I can afford them. xD
king_of_nothing
I play electric guitar...
spinout
Steelguitar,
Banjo,
Contrabass,
guitar
testtost
I Play Classic Guitar....
iNs@nE
Yep. Clas Guit
IronWolf87
i play the electric bass, ot to be confused with the bad ass 2 meter tall one. Smile
Crosser
The topic of this thread is interesting. I am new to this thread so I can't possibly go through the entire thread from the start.
I want to know some instructions about buying an electric guitar and a good amplifier that is enough for a room. I would appreciate to know the estimated prices and the manufacturers.
Sorry if a similar message has been posted already.
Fuzzy-Duck
Really good idea for a topic!

I play the trombone mainly, used to be in an orchesta called CAOS haha. They've got a website here... www.caos.man.ac.uk

Other than that i play the piano (badly, although apparently I'm a grade 6 hah!) and the harmonica, and I dabble with the guitar and bass guitar.

Oh, and I'm an accomplished triangle player of course...

My girlfriend's also a demon on the horn Laughing

Cheers,
fuzzy
masterarpit
hi
i play congo , it sounds great to me. I learn it when i was small, i love to play octopad although it is very tuff.....
TCyou
i love to play flute when i am available.
sarbaraj101
Guitar and Violin (learning)
anita
I play three instruments, all at a very basic level. One of these days I'd like to consider myself "intermediate" at one of them. The newest is marimba. I joined a marimba band and enjoy performing at gigs with the others in the 9-person group. I'm currently taking piano lessons. Anita
nicola_jabbs
I play the guitar

only this

jeje
lastlegion
I used to learn Guitar but I stopped halfway. I can still play a few songs though Wink
Tembe
i play piano and guitar, also got studio where i can record my stuff, and i am unprofessional but still professional in mixing and mastering,
and multitrack recordings.
Smile
Got also bass in my little appartment so there is mutchos nois and my neighbours dis like=) but, musican gotta do whut musican gotta do,
Manntis
I play guitar in a death metal band.
I play drums on my spare time (I like to think I can play... but I can't Very Happy )
I can play mary had a little lamb on Piano
I used to play the Alto Sax
AustralianReject182
Ive been playing guitar for about 3 years now. I first learned on an ibanez acoustic. Then after about a year i started on electric with a fender strat. I mainly play punk/powerpop/pop punk song but i also play some heavy songs.
mialynavahy
I play piano, little guitar, that s all but i sing everyday Smile
and.hunt
I play the recorder (now mainly bass, but I can also play other ones), and also the trombone. I play the recorder about 7 years, the trombone around 4. I can also sing, but not that well.
thelimpkid
I play guitar. I'm playing in a band right now. Anyone else has a band?
bassman
I play upright bass, electric bass, tuba, trombone, baritone... I am also learning trumpet and guitar. I really am into arranging music using Sibelius on my computer.
jabronie25
Drums tho i want to learn how to play the guitar
boulder
I play MIDI piano and really love it... Smile
kopnima
i play piano and guitar and i want to learn how to play on drums
yubex
i playing violin then guitar a lot since 1990
another_artist
I've been playing the piano for a few years and in the past year I picked up the guitar
thealpha
i play the piano, guitar and the keyboard~
and i am going to learn how to play drums~
aaanonym
I play drums and recorder. And I sometimes sing.
f-spider
I've been playing guitar for a few years, and I'm in a metal band. Very Happy

I've got an Epiphone Les Paul 100, a Samick, a 110 watt combo amp, a DS-2 distortion pedal, but looking to buy more. Just need to work up the money! I sing aswell, but not very well.

f-spider
JrMac21
My first instrument was the recorder. Got bored then moved on to the Steelpan.. It is my favorite instrument. I am quite good at it...

Was learning to play the piano at one time and quit after the first year. I also play drums sometimes..
dharmesh
No i do not play but i want to learn piano and guitar ...
dlseven777
I have played the clarinet for 14 years now. I am not a music major although at one time I considered it. Currently I play for my church and for personal enjoyment.
AVA182
I play bass and drums.
nivinjoy
Yes man i do play an instriment.I play a Keyboard.I had started learning and playing it long back when i was in 8th standard.At first i had started it just as an hobby.But now i have taken it in a professional standard and keep me updated with new new songs coming out and i i play it on the keyboard.Recently seeing my ability to play music on keyboard i was invited to do orchestration for an album.Though the album was meant only for a small scale release my tracks in that album was praised well by most people.Then sfter some time i got a chance to do music for an album.That is a chance to release my own album with my own music.Iam working on my album and i believe that knowing to play atleast one musical instrument is a very nice thing and i recommend those who dont know to play any instruments to learn to play any musical instrument..
kohn
i play the paino, i can not say i'm a professional but i know my paino is listenable.
I used to play the flute andi know from what my friends say i was pretty good with the instrument.
icantthink
I've been playing the piano since I was a toddler. I was only learning it because my dad forced me to......and I really hated it back then. well eventually I grew fond of it. Right now I'm learning to play acoustic guitar.
Grahambel
I play Guitar and Keyboards. A little bit of bass.
conspiranoia
I play the guitar and bass, now starting with the keyboards and synth... another step to the electronic music.

Twisted Evil
wwfordark
i play electrik guitar and little drum, piano. Smile))
Fake
Nope, dont play anything. Wish I cud play a piano
wwfordark
u can play but little hard Smile

im not professional piano player, but i can play some musics. its easy. i think you have to try.
jordi
I play a little bit piano
ablezious
I know all will be here posting that i play such and such. but i dont play any intrument. But atill i am posting here cause i always like others to plat them and i am a great admirer of songs instrumental which makes me feel the way to use suitable and as many words as i can think of.

thank you
joethebreakdown@yahoo.com
I play instruments... I play the guitar. I've been playing the guitar for more then two years now. I pretty much suck still Razz I can play "Every Breath You Take", by the Police, really well! I also play piano, not well, may I add? I pretty much suck right now Smile

-Joe <3
eku53ru
The instruments I play/have played are piano, flute, and recorder. I can play the violin too, but I have poor posture/etc. since I basically monkey-play based on my sister. XD

I began playing the piano when I was almost eight, but by the time I was nine I was already bored of it, and my teacher felt I had hit a dead end. I ended up quitting that same year, and then my class decided to pick up recorder playing as an activity (I remember asking my piano teacher to help me with playing the recorder, haha). That didn't last long, but I still have it to this day. A year later I moved onto flute, and I played it for three years straight--that is, until I graduated from middle school. For high school, my schedule was too crammed to fit band in until junior year; however, by that time my skills had already deteriorated. I took band until I graduated high school, but I have stopped playing it seriously (since my college studies replicate my problem from high school). I might pick it up every now and then to play a random tune or three, but that's it.
rodrigoz17
i dont play an instrument....but ince i try to leran hamonic i like but i suck on music.....but one day i will go to an institute soy i can learn easier
evilDMT
I have been studying drums and percussion for the past fifteen years. I also play piano, also studied jazz at university and my current project is compositional and producing.
aprivateaccount
i played the guitar, and the clarinet.
was a drum major in my school's marching band.
(:
GB
I play piano, violin, french horn, tuba, trumpet, and sing. Not as much anymore, though Sad
cutiesylvia
Clarinet!!
I love it! I heve learnt it since I'm 10 year old!
The_Gamer294
Electric Guitar

I used to play violin and mess around on keyboards. But I found my way to the guitar.
peterlo
I play the violin, piano and flute. Music has been part of my life since young. The part I like about playing music is that, it is very self-fulfilling. Playing music can help me relax my mind and soothes my soul. Although you need a number of years of learning and practicing before you could do that, but the effort is worth it. That is why I teach music, in the hope that my students will be able to enjoy music the way it is meant to.
Insanity
I can play to some extent the guitar, piano, and drums. It's funny because I grew up playing the violin and the clarinet, but now I can't figure out how to play either. Probably because I never tried to learn anything much and I wasn't that interested in music at the time.
Bump_on_a_Log08
I play trumpet because it is the most amazing instrument out there. (sorry but it is) But I have thought about trying to play either alto or tenor saxophone. I am currently 2nd chair in my high school's band's trumpet section. I would like to compose music but it is a little difficult for me to get anywhere at this point, that is partly why I am taking the A.P. Music Theory class that our school is offering.
emem
I play Violin Boo hoo! , acoustic guitar and a bit of piano Smile
filet
I don't' play instrument that I''m really interested to play with, the only instrument I know how to play is recorder because it's a must for music lesson in elementary school as long as there's music notes(which I translate it to c,d,e,f etc coz I can't remember the clef c major b minor etc.). I wish I could play guitar or piano but can't decide which I should opt for.
kiran_n444
i play the Tenor Saxaphone and the Keyboard=) i'm wayy better on the keyboard. I started the sax this year. I juist know all the fingering/notes. and stufff like that lol. I like the keyboard. becuz its hott.
ftv_flung
I currently play keyboard. Love composing too!

I used to play french horn also, did up to Grade 5...
Drvanger
I can't plan on any instrument, but I want to learn play on piano. Could you recommend a good book for me? Smile
master50
I used to play the drums a lot (did a bit of session recording), but have dropped them a bit since school. I've focused more on production since then while also trying (slowly) to teach myself piano and a bit of guitar. I had lessons on the piano when I was seven or eight, but had a bad teacher which put me off for years - it is something I wish I had stuck with though. It would be amazing to be grade 8 on piano now Sad
clydejaw
I play the guitar, bass, piano and drums.

Everything is all self taught though.
Guelila
I play the violin and the drums.

I tried to play an electic guitar, and I even bought one and an amp, but i don't seem to be improving... Sad

I'' just stick with the drums, cause I find it easy.
TheHigherClass
the people in our band play bass, vocals, guitar, and drums, and a dude that hits a keg and a splash
wombatrpgs
Just came back for a fundraiser for my orchestra... With budget cuts, less and less instruments are available through the school system for younger children. Not looking good...
innovaservice
I love to compose and arrange the music. So for that I play keyboard. But I can't read the music....
PIbrothers
i play the drums well and im currently learning guitar (not classical) drums are my number 1 priority, im just learning guitar so i can write with the guitarist in my band and so i can give him legit suggestions when we write.
roboguyspacedude
I have played Viola for 8 years and started electric guitar 3 weeks ago.
I play (and teach) piano. Learning guitar at the moment from a friend.
mad-life
I play the ocarina, but only some simple medieval tunes, I'm afraid. Started learning it a year ago, and I'm self-taught, as there don't seem to be any class or course to take on it...
Bagpipe
I'm an okay guitarist and I suck at playing Bagpipes and Cornamuse (but do it anyway...)
Molle
I play flute, I started learning it in fifth grade. I'm not too bad. I have also played basic guitar, but I did not really like it. Now I have just started to play keyboard. I must say that it us quite fun. Smile
bloodrider
I play piano quite well, I studied it for some years. But nowadays I'm more focused on my voice, I sing in a choir at a semi-professional level. So, my principal instrument it's my voice Very Happy

I also play flute Razz
Ankhanu
I'm a bass player myself.
I also play guitar and have experience with keys, drums (hand and kit), flute, tin whistle, violin, and a few others.

Bass and guitar are the only ones I play passibly though.
clydejaw
I play the bass guitar, rolling a fender jazz standard and my biggest baby a gibson grabber Very Happy... was a bitch to find but I got there! also play guitars too.. rolling a gibson les paul custom(black beauty) and a '62 reissue fender tele (sunburst). Prefer the tele over the gibson cause it's less heavier. I also play keyboard and such but never really got into it.

So yeah.. bass and guitar ;p
sambhav
I play guitar.....but I am still at a beginners level....I also manage to play flute and drums.....but my fav instrument is Santoor...I wish to play it some day.
Jakob [JaWGames]
Lately I have begun to think about starting to play Oboe, a quite unusual windinstrumet but it sounds so wondrous!
fastguitar99
trumpet, guitar, some bass and some piano
sycomatea
played sum instruments when i ws young... began with piano, flutes, clarinet and then drums for a couple of yrs
thinkfacility
I've been playing the piano ever since I can remember, and I play the saxophone as well.
hellrazer
I play Guitar.
jackiz
i play trumpet some piano and electric guitar. Smile
i played trumpet for 5 years now Very Happy
UtanCecilie
I started with playing the flute which you have to start with where I lived if you want to continue taking lessons for free at school.

So, I did flute for one year. After that I moved on to piano which I played for five years straight. While playing the piano I also sang in a choir which was nice, but my voice is not really for singing sort to say!
While I did piano and sang I also played violin.

I stopped with violin after a while, and started with guitar after I had also quit playing piano. Somewhere in between I started the DJing thing, which came out as the winner in the end because I haven't really played any instrument since I started with that!

So, I suppose you can say that I am fairly musical and that I love music Smile
collin
I USED to play the guitar, and after that the French Horn. I never could bring myself to practice enough, however, and decided to stop both. (French Horn was just band class and I hated it. And guitar I wasn't progressing in or enjoying, so I quit.)

=P
flyfamilyguy
I'm a Drummer, thats it. Oh..,I sing too but only in the shower! I'm a 'John Bonham' fanatic. To me, he was the all time greatest. I will literally sit on my throne for hours each day, playing my drums to Zeppelin tunes.
flyfamilyguy
Petee wrote:
I play lots of instuments - Trombone, Baritone, French Horn, Trumpet (Not very well yet), Acoustic Guitar (6 & 12 string), Electric Guitar, and Piano (Sort of).

Your website is scum! Plain and simple...,and you're scum for decieving the people who visit this forum. You are linking people, including children to a pornographic website.
misterXY
i play the flute...well sort've
aames_prov356
I practically live and breathe music!!!! i sing, play flute, piccolo, guitar, piano, trumpet & clarinet(some of each)!!!!! no percussion though. that is not in my area of talents Very Happy Laughing
Devil186
I been playing the guitar for quite some time now Very Happy moving into a more classical guitar now tho.

I have also played bass
I love music everyone should play somthing Cool
jtayl153
I play the Violin, The French Horn a bit of acoustic a bit of piano.
pollux1er
I play guitar a littre because i am a beginner
ptolomeo
I play the piano but i am not a talented player. I play because it make me feel well. I dont like when someone asks me to play something expecting me to play a complete and polite song. I usually improvise and can be playing for long periods of time but dont like to learn songs.
Masacchi
I play oboe and pit percussion. ^^ I did do piano for a while, but I quit a few years ago. Not sure if I want to take it up again or not.
hunterman1234
I sing. Technically I'm playing the only organic instrument, my vocal chords. I love to sing, I do it all the time. I made All-State choir and I plan to sing for a living when I get out of college.
roxys_art
Wow, talk about a thread to boost your ego...

But I play a little guitar, and I am a master at the skin flute.
flyfamilyguy
roxys_art wrote:
Wow, talk about a thread to boost your ego...

But I play a little guitar, and I am a master at the skin flute.

I gotta tell ya 'frihost'.,you sure allow a lot of idiots around here! Yeah..I'm refering to YOU roxys_art.
guitarcrazy087
hey there! i'm new here, thinking about possibly switching host, but anyway, i'm learning guitar. been playing for about 5 months maybe. i used to play piano but haven't done much of that lately, and used play some drums too. anyway, for all beginners, my advice is find the instrument you love to play!! if you don't enjoy it, you won't make 1/5th the progress you'll make by playing something you enjoy! Very Happy
Tranceshine
Hmmm im a Trance DJ from Poland Smile mixer and tables... this is an instrument? Smile heh Smile
Visit my site 4 my music: tranceshine.ovh.org
Ringan
I play the Bass Laughing
swizzy
i'm very very fond of my electric guitar.. (i got some criticism over this in another thread though!!) Smile

I just started learning it, but i'm really very very crazy about it... btw its a custom strat copy
lovian
I play the guitar electric with distortion effect and my guitar hero is Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Marty Friedman...

very nice guitar player
pet-virus
Whenver I play, I make sure I get the most distortion possible... complete with wailing feedback and almost inaudible notes!!

=D

pet-virus
futureal123
guitar (electric/bass/acoustic)
violin and drums.

Very Happy
Mokkis
I am learning to play the guitar, and I'm loving it ;D
TheBeast
I'm playing clarinet for 7 years. It's quite interesting and fun, but in the other side it's boring because of the practicing. But I think it's good to learn to play a musical instrument.
frenklino
I play sometimes on my acustic guitar but I want electric
alyer
i play accordeon and little bit piano
mtthff
I also play the Piano and ukulele --> what a difference
gumkiss
I can play brass instruments Smile
Stevezorr
I used to play drums, about 5 years ago. I may pick up on them sometime soon, as I still have my drum set in fine condition.
browncoat777
I played trumpet for about 8 years. Playing any instrument really helps you to acclimate yourself to thinking in new ways, which is why I think musical people can be either english-types or math-types(or even both).

For me, playing trumpet was a great experience while it lasted, but I realized at the end of high school that I wasn't prepared to continue on with enough dedication to play at the college level. Is this the case for anyone else? Did anyone else play an instrument until they got too good or too old, reached a plateau, and then lost interest or desire for the instrument? I really love the trumpet, and I still want to take it up again, but I'm kind of overwhelmed by the mediocrity of doing so.

Anyone?
abhinav202020
i just love playing electric guitar . i am just mad after it . apart from all this , i can also play piano reasonably well .
steffmeister
i learned piano some time ago, but i can't really play it...

nowadays i try to play electrical guitar, but i guess i am best at singing..
landed
I played piano when I was in elementary school... now I neglected it a little bit... and I am sorry I did...
kilotun
Srs2388 wrote:
what do you play?
I play
some bass....
a ton of guitar
very little but piano

I play Bass (used to play with THC)
I play Rythem Guitar (new band needs name)
I played a little piano when i was younger but prolly couldn't remember anything about it cept for the notes names, correct me if im wrong please: G A B C D E G
spinout
since christmas eve I have started to learn the piano. Got a yamaha keyboard, with the big piano samlings and good chuch organ sounds. So now the house is cooking with me tryin to play the boogie woogie.

For about 25 years ago I took classes how to play - gave it up since the material was boring classical music... Now I have just played boggie woogie and I have got better with the piano than the years i study it before. So play what you like and you will learn fast!
dirkvb
Yes i play an instrument.

I play for almost 7 years the saxophone, and i can play it very well.
(not as the best but hey it is all about the music)

Greetz
cbaron
I've got about 12 years of trombone, and then self-taught piano, guitar, trumpet over the years. I actually picked up the trumpet relatively recently, and I'm finding it's so much easier to pick up another instrument, in any capacity, having other musical experience. It's great.
roninmedia
A long, long time, I played the piano. It was the easiest to play for me because the instrument made the correct sound when the right key was struck; it didn't require covering holes or adjusting the amount of force put into it.
votd
I'm playing guitar for like 9 months now. I'm a left-handed guitarist, and I'm learning the classical guitar at the moment, but within 3 months I will be getting electric guitar. It's not so hard, though. It's the same as you play with right hand, but the strings must be placed in opposite direction. Actually, I've been playing for 6 months, if you don't count the first three months while I was figuring how to play in the opposite direction without changing the strings, but I've finally changed them and somehow managed to learn the basic guitar playing. But it's very basic. I can play some basic songs, songs for chords, some barres, and now I'm learning the scales. But I will be learning very hard, I have to get electric guitar bought, because my classic sucks a bit. Still I love my guitar. My strings are so shitty, but so durable that I can juggle the guitar within the strings Very Happy.
fpwebs
I have played for the last 10 years piano, I've taken 7 years of piano lessons and I have been playing ever since. About 6 years ago I also took 3 years of guitar lessons, and the only thing that I remember is the basics. I am really good at piano and I love playing that instrument since I believe it is a very beautiful instrument that sounds elegant. I learned the piano mainly because my mom wanted me to, and I would thank her right now if she was still alive. I've played for maybe half a year the flute, that instrument I really didn't like at all. I would love to learn the bass guitar since I have a really good stretch with my fingers and maybe something else eventually. Music is my life and without it I don't know what I would be doing right now.
TurtleShell
I played clarinet from fifth grade through my senior year of high school. Actually, in high school I was the alto clarinet, and it suited me because it was a really quiet instrument, and I was the only one:) I really enjoyed being a unique instrument in the band, but also being that no one could hear me anyway:)

Actually, my old Bflat clarinet was loaned to a family friend whose daughter started to play in grade school. Found out recently that it must have had a hairline fracture in it from all the years of wear and tear--it literally cracked into two pieces in the middle of a concert a couple years ago! So sad. I always thought I'd have that thing back some day:)

I also played the piano for a few years. I wasn't very good and didn't practice enough...
aningbo
i play guitar and its been like 10 years now... still learning though. cant be a perfectionist
[FuN]goku
Flute for 8 years (i got kicked out of the band last year cuz the music teacher is a naab my middle school music teacher was way better)

I'm currently learning guitar and bass.
And i have 3 years of drumming experience, but i stopped for a while but i've been back into it lately.
filet
nothing that i'm expert at but with a recent purchase of a yamaha keyboard , i can play simple children songs using the grand piano mode. and sometimes switch to the recorder or guitar mode. does that count as knowing how to play a musical instrument?
Dyspepsia
I have played cello for 8 years and I'm quite good at it Laughing . I have played bass for 4 years. I play also
little bit guitar, drums and piano Very Happy
spinout
since christmas I have been practising the piano! A half an hour every day... hoping to play a jerry lee lewis act soon!
ccube921
I only play piano, I have the biggest finger stretch in my class probably my school, plus my granddads both played piano as well as my great granddad
ccube921
My piano teacher has over 10,000 sheets of music to give out plus the original books of tons of famous old songs, so I ask for what I want (so long as I can play it) and I usually get it so I dont really get bored of my songs
selevan
I'm only learning to play on acoustic guitar (very old one Razz)... just simple chords.
simon1231
I play aukistic guitar and electric guitar.
bobmarley
i play....

-bass
-piano

i played bass in a band for a while and it rocked Very Happy was more or less rock/punk/alternative band called HeadlesS. we did quite a few gigs and stuff, to our biggest like...200+ people came, that was amazing Very Happy

i play piano now and then, stuff from "The Piano" and "Amelie"
lge306
I've played piano since the age of 5, and I've got to say everything has paid off and it has been an amazing experience.
Guelila
I just bought a Mapex double pedal for my drumset Very Happy
Its harder to control it than I thought though Confused
David_Pardy
Guelila wrote:

I hope you tried out several different pedals before deciding on one.

Try to avoid making major adjustments to the pedal, only make small ones to see what sort of an effect you get.

And start slowly to learn control. Try setting the metronome at a click of 50, and play 8th notes with your feet - R L R L R L. That's right, 50. Do this for 2 minutes, then raise the temp by 5 the next day to 55. Theoretically, it'll only take you 70 days to be playing single stroke 16th note rolls at 200 if you keep this up. Make sure you warm up first though.
Guelila
David_Pardy wrote:
Guelila wrote:

I hope you tried out several different pedals before deciding on one.

Try to avoid making major adjustments to the pedal, only make small ones to see what sort of an effect you get.

And start slowly to learn control. Try setting the metronome at a click of 50, and play 8th notes with your feet - R L R L R L. That's right, 50. Do this for 2 minutes, then raise the temp by 5 the next day to 55. Theoretically, it'll only take you 70 days to be playing single stroke 16th note rolls at 200 if you keep this up. Make sure you warm up first though.

yep I tried a few, including Tama's iron cobra, but I decided that the extra cash could go into a new crash or a 8 inch tom.

I tried like 3 other ones, and I bought the one that I felt most comfortable with at the store, which was the Mapex P980 (Double Chain).

about the practice routine you suggested,
Ill try it out, and hopefully I might achieve what you suggested Smile
thanks for the info
David_Pardy
Oh, and make sure you don't bury the beater into the head. Let it bounce back.

I'm glad you didn't just go out and buy an IC like a lot of people do Wink. The Pearl Eliminator is also a great pedal. I haven't tried the Mapex.
Libby
I play the banjo. Very badly. XD
risicakes
i play the chinese zither, violin, and piano.
BCV36
I don't play an instrument per se but I do sing and I used to play bells for my church.
revani
I play bass guitar mainly, but i can play electric guitar too. I should focus on vocals though, i have a solo project Very Happy I've got to start playing drums too.

I really can't sing when playing bass or electro.
Kunkstar7
I play alto saxophone, and I guess I could say quite well, at least for my age. I would definitely like to learn some new instruments later on.
wonderline
I used to play the piano. But I don't now.
So, I'm not playing no instrument.
freeshann
I mostly play bass, but I have learnt and played in the past, Piano, saxaphone (Tenor and Barritone), Clarinet, Guitar, Trumpet, singing......
soprano_t
I play the Saxophone, semi-professional (I have a day job too). Soprano, Alto and Tenor. We have a regular Big Band Jazz Session on a Monday night, 17-piece. I play lead Alto, there are 5 saxes. Two Alto, two Tenor and one Baritone.
I also play in some Funks bands, Blues Bands .... whoever wants me really.
I'm studying my chords on the Piano at the moment and I came across a great tool if you play piano and also are into Computers ... a USB roll-up Piano. The piano fits in your laptop case too. All you need is a flat surface, a laptop and you've got a portable piano with full size keys. Anyway, I'm not trying to sell them, you can get them on Amazon.
devilisthedj
I was very enthusiastic and bought a Yamaha Keyboard but havent touched it yet.. Have to learn!!!
oufti
i play saxophone
but i play only jam session because i can't read music
i learn this instrument by my self
i like to do crying my saxophone is like my depressive case when i start to play

a day, i play on a terrace of a bar with a frend (he play accoustic guitar) ...
and ??
and a man give on table some coins for the musician
his strange, because he say nothing, just i have apprecied the music

this his my first "professionnal" experience
Theundertaka
i play sometimes gitarre or with my keyboard Very Happy
khc1990
I play the flute. However, my skills are quite rusty...

And yeah, I play the recorder but only because it was a course requirement.
mulejudo
hello there !

I have started this year playing a Yamaha YPT-200 which is the very low end of Yam instruments. Got it cheap at the food market on a special Christmas promotion.

Funny enough my singing teacher busted her key board and asked me if i could lend her mine which i did and now i have to come in with the machine every session because she loves the sound of the thing.

Thanks Yamaha. Very Happy
Vitalist
I play electric guitar and classical guitar.

Here is my gear.

Jackson Kelly KE3

Montana CG-200 CE

Line 6 Spider III 15W
[/url]
oufti
the montana guitar is a kind of folk guitar?
or jazz guitar?
or somethings other
MtgRuler
piano and viola here. No rock instruments or jazz here... just classical.
zimben
Guitar ibanez jem77,amply peavey bandit 112,mixer Mackie vlz1604,keyboard Roland XP-50,effects Peavey Pro-Fex,Zoom GFX707,custom made TS808 and many softwares (Cubase,DFH...)

i want to give my address about my songs but i dont know forum rules yet Smile
chatrack
i am interested in vocal music. when i studied music, i need a 'harmonium' for sruthi or tone-setting.
Later i tried to study the codes. Now i can play our National anthom in it.
meeda
piano and snare! Very Happy

mainly because band puts all pianists on drums lol
kody
Due to my facination and obsession over Frets on Fire (http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/, open source Guitar hero clone for the PC), I have picked up guitar. I chose classical guitar because I really like the finger picking, and didn't want all the equipment related to an electric guitar.

I've been teaching myself using internet courses. I've been quite impressed with the availability of courses and material!

my goal: playing "tears in heaven"
my status: playing "yankee doodle"

Got a bit further to go...
KloosterKeys
Has anyone tried this?

I think it might be great for me because I'm a keyboard-player in need of good-sounding guitar sounds.
stel4e
I don't but I really really want to learn acoustic guitar and drums Smile
ShadowmasterX
I play Piano, Trumpet and Clarinet =D
jurl
I play guitar, not an electric YET =]
I want to buy a electric guitar soon
warriorpoets
I play rhythm guitar, sing lead vocals, write songs, and suck at solos.
vicar013
@KloosterKeys - Thanks matey. Thats a handy link.

I play Classical/Electric/Slide Guitar, Drums, Knobs and levers, Buttons and sliders, Pots and pans, Floorboards and ceilings.

And anything that resonates nicely BOOOOooooooooo...............ng
blutrausch
I want but I cant Evil or Very Mad
Radar
Used to play piano, but eventually the fact that I couldn't sight-read as well as I'd like caught up with me.
prithvi
I used to learn music (vocal and instrumental) a long time back.
Played the synthesizer too.

Don't play it anymore..........though I still have a Casio synthesizer packed up somewhere in the house.
Mexican_Ed
I umm play ze Viola ^^' Pretty interesting playing Jazz, Classical, And SOMe HIp Hop kind of Orchestra Music.

Used to play the drums before, but it got boring because it didn't have different sounds, as in same sound all you could really do is change the beat

And i'm planning on learning how to play the Violin from my friend teaching me, But I have to teach him how to play the Viola in exchange xD
warriorpoets
I play acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass...however I play acoustic guitar the most since I actually own one of those.
Guelila
I going to learn to play the electric bass guitar soon Smile
I think bass is crucial to any music Cool
MatthijsM90
I play guitar on guitar hero XD

and really i play keyboard
nfneon
I play guitar and bas guitar, but I would love to try piano. Some day when I will be big and reach Laughing
WicCaesar
Yes, I can ring bells.
jsfdan
I play the Piano.
Insanity
Drums guitar and keyboards!
muffinman187
i play the piano and teaching myself the guitar.
cixel
I can play the Trombone very well. However, I was in my high school band but I'm thinking of quitting because I hate my band teacher. LOL.
Ivooo
I don't play any instrument, but I would like to learn to play the piano/keyboard some day. Maybe next year, I'm to busy right now.

Ivooo
mho320
I play English Horn. But I would like to switch to Cello, although it's a totally different thing.
metalprincess666
i'm playing guitar
i will buy electric for a few months
irfan_khan
I play tabla...not good at it...but am learning fast
venometal
well i used to play drums. now im playing guitars and piano. playin is nice but listenin is better .)
funky_programmer
I play piano a lot, a little of guitar, drums, and bass.
I also like to arrange a composition.
Lachrymose
I play the alto saxophone and compose music. It's fun to compose, at least to me, but my goal is to become a professional classical sax player.
chevaliers-citadelle
I play piano for now 7 years.

When you began playing piano, I think it's hard to continue, but my father wanted me to continue, so now, it love it.

Thank you, dad...

Bye Smile
evilgeniuself
I have played violin for over 8 years now, and have tried playing other instruments as well. I played viola for about 3 years with a friend of mine, and I dabble in piano. I am interested in playing guitar and cello, yet have been unable to buy an instrument to learn with.
I am currently writing music as well with my sister, who sings classically.
o2o213o2
I still playing piano... I love the sound of it
Whong
I play the piano! You can see some videos of me playing on Youtube. Search with the name LWhong. Wink

Hope you enjoy! Very Happy
mrcool
i used to play flute before...
Johnsenesque
I play piano, but I lack the dexterity and endurance to play more technical and fast songs. On that line of thought, do any piano players out there have any tips for warming up their fingers and improving hand and finger strength?

I find it easier to play a keyboard or MIDI synthesizer with lighter keys than the full blown pianos as well, preferring to play on the the former, which my music teacher tells me, "Is not a good thing."
daefommicc
guitar (acoustic)... keyboards, flute and lil bit of drums. bass guitar to some extent.
madenotborn
Im learning to play electric and acoustic guitar.
Tuvitor
I play a six-string acoustic, but it's nothing really serious. I only know a small handful of chords, and just the minor pentatonic scale. I tend to play in sort of a folk/punk/minimalist rock style.
Noremac
Guitar, Drums, Bass, Harmonica

And everything else I put in my music is done on the computer.
amfriendsforever153
Every one has thier likes & dislikes in any type of music.I like to play guitar,piano.
on3love
only guitar.... decent playa @_@
gueda
I am learning guitar. I have one nylon, and have one electric guitar too.

But I can not play very well. Need to practice a lot Sad
bchuminx
cool thread Very Happy a newbie in this forum..as 4 me, i play the piano and love to improvise on keyboard..although admit as I tend to explore on jazz, and doing all free improvisations stuff..classical playing tends to rot..hehe and yups when I feel bored on piano playing..i do play the violin too Very Happy for me to decide which i'd prefer..violin or piano..it's hard to decide..i love playing them both
kirba
i used to play piano

and in future i would like to learn playing guitar
pscompanies
I play a Fender strat..

[/img]
zygote-hotelomega
I play drums and sing a bit. Sadly I've done neither for many years. I miss that sorta thing like when I was younger and our band rehearsals consisted of drinking lots of beer and Jack, watching Monty Python videos, more drinking and if we could be bothered, a song or two. Followed by more drinking. How rock'n'roll is that!
viejo
am play balama for 6 years. balama is an faworit instrument in Turkey
paskifire
i play the guitar, hmmmm bass guitar.. i like to learn how to play the violin. Can you teach me? Very Happy Very Happy
spinout
i have got a baritone guitar - that has a great sound.
they are tuned in B but I have got strings for a tuning in A that sounded fullier.
fullmetalalki
thats a nice strat Very Happy

i play the electric / acoustic guitar, a little drums (i've played for at most a year at one point) and i mix and scratch music so i definitely would count the turntables as an instrument Very Happy
stel4e
I don't play any instrument right now ... but I want to learn acoustic guitar soo sooo much... when I was little I liked violin Smile but I have never played
EximiusNero
I have a synthesizer and a MIDI Controller, I don't know if you want to put that under the category of Piano or synthesizer. I do a little bit of guitar and percussion though, whenever I feel like it.
kasper93
I play on electric guitar and on bass guitar
kasper93
I play on electric guitar and on bass guitar
ortie10
I have played drums, guitar, bass and vocals. Music is good for the soul! Very Happy
paulotlet
I play guitar, eletric guitar and piano but I rather my guitar more than anything else in this world

cya
scary
I play the electric guitar Smile I wish I can play the piano too, I don't know why Very Happy I'm also keen on learning bass Smile
siren123
I play a bass guitar
and some keyboard. Smile
steve1200
I play piano, and in september I start with guitar.
Itachi69
The only instrument I'm able to play is the guitar (which is okay with me as it's the only one I want to play.) I started playing guitar around 2 years ago and have gotten quite good imo during that time.

I'm constantly practicing to improve on anything I can,but theres still alot of stuff I need to learn.

If someone wants to learn everything about guitars,then they better get ready to practice day in and day out for the next 30 years.LOL
wombatrpgs
It's impossible to learn everything about an instrument, even with all that practice.
ibanezbenz
I play a whole lot of bass
Ibanez BTB 305FM

A bit of guitar
Ibanez V200s Acoustic Guitar

and some piano whenever i can find one to play. lol
Easyway_Lover
I play the trumpet, but I am not that good at it. So yeah, if you define horrible playing as actual playing, I guess I can play the trumpet.
Baka_Desu
I played the trumpet and the piano for a few years now.
Ben_Carrington
I play a little guitar but I am quiet bad. In fact I do not play enough to improve myself.
menino
I'm trying to learn guitar, through online sites, but it takes getting used to. Laughing
gverutes
bass, guitar, piano, vocals, clarinet, some drums
steve1200
menino wrote:
I'm trying to learn guitar, through online sites, but it takes getting used to. Laughing

yeah, me too. ^^
But I'm much too lazy...
racicop
I play the violin.

I used to play on my own and with my dad, but since last year I'm 2nd violin for a local academic orchestra.

I've made a few attempts with the guitar, no success yet. I'm lazy when it comes to practice, I already manage to play things I enjoy in the violin so it's really hard to go back to repeating over and over a guitar lesson.

I've also tried learning to play the piano. But I couldn't manage to dissociate the left hand from the right one.
Devilizer
I play a lot of guitar, and i make fun with my drummers drum. Also have tried piano, and i'm not too bad... maybe ill sit down and learn it all one day.
major120
no. but i love the trumpet and always wanted to play it Very Happy
paulina
I played on keyboard, and I tried to play a guitar.
Now I'd like to learn to play bass guitar Wink

I always wanted to play violin, but to play it, you must start in age of about 6-7, and I'm "a little" older ;]
smallideas
I play the piano. Its my favourite instrument.
I also play a little guitar but not as well. I wish i could play the drums though as they are my second favourite instrument.
guggs
No, but I'm on the fiddle a lot of the time.
leomanlapera
i play drums.. and i have a band and that was so cool to me....
i love to play piano but i cant. i love to play guitar but i cant. Laughing Laughing

any of you guys can teach me?

or give me sa reference to start learning this instruments?

thanks...
omershiloh
i play on electric guitar
epiphone les paul standdart plus
rock guitar
jeck
I play
some bass....
a ton of guitar
very little but piano

i have copied/pasted your post coz thats similar to what i want to say....
augustocmv
I play a lot:
Acustic Guitar
Electry Guitar
Flaute
Drum
Maraca xD
And a few of Piano.
rogue_skydragon
I've been playing acoustic and electric guitar since I was 15. I'm 21 now, I consider it one of my many passions.
bloodrider
i sing and play the piano
akhil26
Ya, violin and drums
BROCK22
saxophone and singing <3
agustin
Iused to but not any more. I should try again.
jigoku05
I tried Drums
now learning to play Bass
rogue_skydragon
I attempted to play the accordion while back, and during my junior high years I tried playing the piano. But it seems that my true passion lies in playing the guitar! Both acoustic and electric.
wombatrpgs
Ugh, trying to pick up the piano after a lot of years on cello, and the reading of the double bar is quite the headache... Single melodic line spoiled me.
Balazs
I play clarinet saxaphone balalaika guitar ...
locksmith
I play only my mouth...
kagukaevud
i played piano for 3 yearst.
lucoquinha
eu toco piano
epspk
Does guitar hero count? hahaha I play bass
wombatrpgs
epspk wrote:
Does guitar hero count? hahaha I play bass

Ha, no. Wait, you mean real bass or Guitar Hero bass?
mukesh
Piano, drums and guitar is my dream but i know something Drums but not good well.
vetid
acoustic- and electro guitars )
bobsled
im a drummer for 2 bands.. n0 genre.. bcoz we are the band for all occassions.. n0 permanent genre.. we play reggae.. jazz.. rock.. solem.. and many m0re..
will22
I used to play instruments a lot. jazz and funk stuff was my favorite. Sax and piano mostly.
infoxt
I play drums, bass guitar, lead guitar, piano and flute. My best is the Piano as it is the mother of all instruments. I am looking forward to learning ow to play saxophone or violin and increase my song writing skills.

Music is a food for the mind. I wonder what the world would have been without music.

What do you think guys???????
rocking
I play guitars.
I have electric, classical, acoustic. And I hope to play the Bass also.
jfussion
I passionately love Piano.

I also play bass, and guitar.. I learned my music skill in our church Smile
emanuel2
I only play a little bit guitar, just as hobby. I have taught it myself about 7 years ago, mostly with the help of online tutorials and the software guitar pro. Lately I seldom play, which is very sad...
JoeMusician
I play guitar (of course, who doesn't?), drums, a lttle piano, vocals, bass, banjo............and whatever I can get my music loving hands on. Just love music more than anything and was blessed with the ear for it. I'm actually here trying to figure ouy hoe to build a site for my music so that I can share my music and here more than just what we are fed. Any suggestions on this matter would greatly be appreciated!!!!!!!
JoeMusician
Sorry about my spelling in the prior post.
davidalpiano
Hi, I play piano professionally. some guitar, some singing and some drums
wombatrpgs
Neat. Piano as part of an ensemble, or something else?
gangi
A little bit of guitar, I have an acoustic and an electric one.
fudjack
Violin)
wombatrpgs
Wish I could do violin... I play the cello now, but it's annoying to not be mobile. I love the sound though.
robertoilidio
I really like to play Bossa Nova on the acoustic guitar. I've tried once to play drums and piano too.
zymmac
Guitar and piano..
I've tried a little bit of flute and harmonic
rocking
I used to play guitar (electric and acoustic).
But I stopped because I am too silly.
wombatrpgs
rocking wrote:
I used to play guitar (electric and acoustic).
But I stopped because I am too silly.

Ha, silliness usually helps playing instruments...
william
I am able to somewhat play the violin and the recorder (it's been awhile). I have been wanting to learn to play the piano for years now but haven't had the chance to begin.
Radar
These days I feel like the answer to this question is - I did once, and I now have the potential to.

Really, the motivation is the thing that's absent.
wombatrpgs
Radar wrote:
Really, the motivation is the thing that's absent.

Yeah, I certainly know how that feels...
celebi269
I play the guitar and piano. It's really soothing and relaxing playing songs and music that are pleasing to the ears.
mukesh
i like hindi instrument song "Tera chera jab nazar aaiyea" too much.
newberie
admire those who can play instruments
tomisme
I play guitar, mostly Acoustic guitar. I also have an electric guitar.
I usually play the Acoustic guitar because it is much more convenient to play, I don't need to have any equipment like amp or guitar effect boxes.
Just for some time when I'm bored, I find an electric guitar with distortion is some kind of stress relief.
User_X
I used to play the , gulp, accordion for two yrs as a kid. Later in life I realized it was mommas dream, child's nightmare lol
I won 5 trophy's though so all is good.

I've thought of trying the harmonica the last few yrs. You can carry that with you all the time
CraigHF
I used to sing in a band for a couple of years when I was younger... I even did a gig (first part) with Our Lady Peace a little before they got their first album out in 1992. I also play electric guitar, but I lack a little bit of time for this these days. Still got my Guibson explorer waiting in a corner...
wombatrpgs
User_X wrote:
I used to play the , gulp, accordion for two yrs as a kid. Later in life I realized it was mommas dream, child's nightmare lol

I've thought of trying the harmonica the last few yrs. You can carry that with you all the time

Wait, you won five trophies for only two years on the accordion? That's pretty good.
dayz
i just love playing electric guitar
Vaidio
I play drums, guitar and bouzouki.
I have recently bought a Boss' Br-80 recorder. Great fun. Very Happy
pazis
I play Drums. And a few Piano.
sixstring_psycho
User_X wrote:

Nothing Wrong with that! Ever hear Tom Waits? A few of his songs has the accordion in them that adds differential to them... but of course if you know his music, he always has something different going! Love his music!
sixstring_psycho
I played the violen when I was younger. Now I mainly play the electric guitar and SOME acoustic guitar on by myself. But like others have said, "who doesn't?" lol So many do, especially in my area. Hard to find a drummer around here, and TO many guitar players! Have been in several bands, but the last two (Last Call & Psycho Babble) I enjoyed and liked the most. I mostly play Rock, Metal & N.Y.H.C. I want to experiment with different sounds, but it seems no one in my area wants to. I use to own a 5-string Ibanez bass that I played around with, but had to sell it. I miss it till this day. Love to play funk, I don't think that I am all that great on bass, but others have called me Les (Claypool - from Primus). Anyway, have fun and keep jam'n!
wombatrpgs
sixstring_psycho wrote:
I played the violen when I was younger. Now I mainly play the electric guitar and SOME acoustic guitar on by myself. But like others have said, "who doesn't?" lol So many do, especially in my area. Hard to find a drummer around here, and TO many guitar players! Have been in several bands, but the last two (Last Call & Psycho Babble) I enjoyed and liked the most. I mostly play Rock, Metal & N.Y.H.C. I want to experiment with different sounds, but it seems no one in my area wants to. I use to own a 5-string Ibanez bass that I played around with, but had to sell it. I miss it till this day. Love to play funk, I don't think that I am all that great on bass, but others have called me Les (Claypool - from Primus). Anyway, have fun and keep jam'n!

That's the case everywhere... Too many guitarists, never enough drummers.
wombatrpgs
robinhood005 wrote:
Yes looks a little familiar with the topic but as always, I played the Horn, trombone, piano and a small flute and cello. I also learned to play the guitar. Also, I have several programs work, so I have a little techno and orchestral sounds.

What programs do you use to make music?
fuzzkaizer
i play guitar, preferably electric guitar, but could also be a ukulele...
Cosmoslayer
I don't play it but I really want to play the drums. Makes me want to buy a drum set for Rock Band 3. Very Happy
wombatrpgs
fuzzkaizer wrote:

It seems like ukele is the new hipster instrument.
Ankhanu
wombatrpgs wrote:
fuzzkaizer wrote:

Likely due to folk like Beirut... great Uke music
wombatrpgs
Ankhanu wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:
fuzzkaizer wrote:

Likely due to folk like Beirut... great Uke music

This is actually very nice, actually. I'm used to people around here who can't play it worth a damn.
Chellesei
I can play both acoustic guitar and piano/keyboard. But I can play more guitar than keyboard. I just love the sound of these instruments especially when there's someone singing.

I really want to try the bass and electric guitar, drums, and violin.

Electric, bass guitars, and drums are really cool to me. Rock and roll! xD

The violin's sound is really pleasing especially when it is slow. When it's fast, it's cool. Cool
cnitolo
I played Accoustic Guitar during +- 5 years and Im to 10 years without play but in Ill to buy another Accoustic Guitar in 2 or 3 months and come back to play.
krzycz123
I play on piano (I learnt 4 years.), drums (5 months) and guitar (non skilled Very Happy)
Sna1L
I try play bass... Smile
I love music, but I know, that I never be good musician:)
wombatrpgs
Sna1L wrote:
I try play bass... Smile
I love music, but I know, that I never be good musician:)

Even playing an instrument poorly gives new apprecation for music though...!
sysna
i play electric guitar but not as a professional player only to spent some time in weekends. i have some digital multi effects like zoom G3 and some other stuffs that have created a small home studio for me.
busaboss
I play a lot of lead guitars, some bass guitar and keyboard and a little drums. Smile
lockwoodman
Yes I play the guitar, bass and drums - organ and piano too.
wombatrpgs
lockwoodman wrote:
Yes I play the guitar, bass and drums - organ and piano too.

That's quite a lot of instruments! I wish I were so multitalented.
lightningleo
I am a casual guitar player.. I like electric guitar...
Navigator
Define instrument please.
lightningleo
Navigator wrote:

so.. i think guitar is not an instrument for you..
Navigator
lightningleo wrote:
Navigator wrote:

so.. i think guitar is not an instrument for you..

Of course it is! But so is the computer, and I play that one as a crazy lunatic Wink
wombatrpgs
Navigator wrote:

Do you play a borderline instrument?
Tuvitor
I play acoustic guitar on occasion.
wombatrpgs
Tuvitor wrote:
I play acoustic guitar on occasion.

On occassion? Did you learn a while ago and only occassionally now play?
memno
i play guitar
andro_king
Srs2388 wrote:
what do you play?
I play
some bass....
a ton of guitar
very little but piano

I too play guitar. I love light music. I am playing it from my third birthday.. Cool Smile
thanhcuong1990
I playing Guitar. You can learning Guitar in Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomFontana?feature=g-user-lik

example:

Iceaxe0410
I used to play the piano when I was younger. I've long since stopped playing. Never did get the hang of it or get out of beginner type lessons. Only other instrument I've attempted was the violin so far as to just having a beginner's violin. Never did manage to get lessons or teach myself how to play. It's just one of those things where I just keep putting it off. I don't have enough money now for lessons, but perhaps when I get a job, I'll finally look into taking some.
wombatrpgs
Iceaxe0410 wrote:
I used to play the piano when I was younger. I've long since stopped playing. Never did get the hang of it or get out of beginner type lessons. Only other instrument I've attempted was the violin so far as to just having a beginner's violin. Never did manage to get lessons or teach myself how to play. It's just one of those things where I just keep putting it off. I don't have enough money now for lessons, but perhaps when I get a job, I'll finally look into taking some.

Almost more than lessons, it seems the time to put in for practice makes the difference.
mysteriousperson50
Violin, Guitar (Doesn't matter if it's electric or acoustic), and planning on learning piano later on
fmrg
awesome topic Smile
It is my dream to be a guitarist Smile
wombatrpgs
fmrg wrote:
awesome topic Smile
It is my dream to be a guitarist Smile

What do you do now? Or do you mean as a hobby, not professionally?
johannespilz
aaah just started to play the guitar and it gives me nuts sometimes!!!
codersfriend
I used to play the piano before. Now I'm busy because of work
wombatrpgs
codersfriend wrote:
I used to play the piano before. Now I'm busy because of work

Yeah, it seems practice is always the first thing to get cut when you're busy.
enilsoncba
For a long time I played guitar, a large stringed instrument and even the most popular in the world ... great fellow musician, is always ready to follow any time of life ...
Other instruments that I am fascinated by the sound and dynamics is the bass, drums, saxophone and percussion in general ... sorry can not play any of those.
Today I work in the area of ​​sound design, which I have passion and I identify very well =)
Tuvitor
I play a six string guitar, but not very well.
camgold89
i play guitar bass and drums.. always wanted to learn banjo or keys
wombatrpgs
camgold89 wrote:
i play guitar bass and drums.. always wanted to learn banjo or keys

I'm curious how much it takes to transfer skills from guitar to banjo. I have no experience with either but it seems like it would be similar to transferring from one string instrument to another.
RosenCruz
I m a drummer. I keep playing with young local bands.
wombatrpgs
RosenCruz wrote:
I m a drummer. I keep playing with young local bands.

Ah, sort of a drummer for hire or do you just play in multiple bands?
singaporechristian
I play the keyboard. Composing is really fun too!
kianjhay03
My instrument is my voice Smile

I do Love playing bass tho....
Nick2008
Always wanted to learn how to play guitar but have been too busy lately. For those who play guitar how did you guys start? Did you self learn everything through books or YouTube videos? Or did you get formal guitar lessons? What's the best way for a person with no experience at all to start learning?
wombatrpgs
singaporechristian wrote:
I play the keyboard. Composing is really fun too!

Ahhh I need to put more time towards composing.
Sabbadon
I play bass guitar but unfortunately I have not so many free time to play so often
wombatrpgs
Sabbadon wrote:
I play bass guitar but unfortunately I have not so many free time to play so often

Practicing seems to always be worth it.
vicar013
Can play any instrument, just not very well. Unless it's classical guitar then I'm like Andres Segovia.
onebadpenny
I played the flute all the way through school. I hated it because I really sucked at it. I realize now that I sucked because I hated it, but oh well.
Now I play banjo and harmonicas.. I love them and guess what! I don't suck so much.. lol
Ircher
Yes, Trumpet; still learning it. :l
terimeyer
I play piano.
75alex
I know it's not really original, but i've been playing guitar since a couple of years :p
I also played piano for 3 years and drums for one !
AlexDillinger
I've been playing guitar all my life and do some gigging still, mainly folk or alternative acoustic. Not so much doing the heavy thing anymore haha got tired of the angst in the writing process. It's just so much easier to just be by yourself doing your own thing.
Arrogant
Acoustic Guitar
Paradigm
I play double bass, string bass, was a trumpet player for five years, T.C. baritone, acoustic-electric and electric bass. I'm a bass player for life and a bass addict in general Very Happy
howtolivemetal
I play guitar, bass, a little bit of vocals, drums and keys just for fun
codersfriend
I play the electronic keyboard although I would love to have an acoustic piano
aayushsrivastava14
I have learnt congo.
jamesparker
Not any specific instrument but i can play table Very Happy lolz... i mean i can make a tune but not actually an instrument. Smile
pravojednostavno
I play guitar
Insanity
I can play a variety of instruments, from piano to bass to guitar to drums. They're all very fun to play and incredibly enjoyable.
spinout
i have played a lot of piano lately, but I am not that good but OK for back up anything simple. I am hoping to get the intrerest in pedal steel guitar back, sure is alot of fun stuff to do on that.
Blummer
Recently switched back to the piano. Haven't played in (almost 10) years.
chormar
I learned to play the accordion. This is so cool. The sound of this incredible tool
spinout
Itried blues harp last week. Well it is a bit tricky with the lips. ...
Croustibattes
I'm playing guitar, pads, fl studio haha!
spinout
Now it is pedal steel guitar again....
loveandormoney
Srs2388 wrote:
what do you play?
I play
some bass....
a ton of guitar
very little but piano

Yes
and we play and perform in grpips.

4 gutars are more fun then 1.
spinout
right now i train to play green onions... haha in a half year I might get near