FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Make the quote text bigger/self-rightious whineing

noexes89
Ok, so if this paragraph sounds like the joke in the title ("No one pays attention to me on the forum, woe is me!") then let it be that, but I just want to point something out. About five days ago I posted a reply on the topic "Hillary playing the race card to slam bush.." that referenced a somewhat prestigious opinion article from the Chicago Tribune that I agreed with. I didn't get a single reply. That really wouldn't be a problem if the guy who posted after me with a rather forum-esque response (pretty bad grammar, no explanations about their point, etc.) actually got a reply. At first this kinda irked me, because it looked like people would rather insult some one far too easy than talk about more logical words. It's what I expect from the Internet, but I still don't like it.

But I don't think that's entirely why.

I looked at my post again, especially at the stuff in the quote boxes. And I couldn't read it. I put/stole a lot of good information in there, but no one read it because the text is so small and close together. So, for people like me who prefer to take great words from someone else than try to express their own feelings in a smart way, make the quote text bigger.
phileplanet
noexes89 wrote:
Ok, so if this paragraph sounds like the joke in the title ("No one pays attention to me on the forum, woe is me!") then let it be that, but I just want to point something out. About five days ago I posted a reply on the topic...else than try to express their own feelings in a smart way, make the quote text bigger.

I think it's good the way it is. It's a bit smaller than the regular post text so it's not distracting. If anything it should be smaller because it's already somewhere else in the thread. And if you want to make it bigger, make the page font size bigger.