FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nintendo Revolution Thread

izimngcubes15
Is it me or is there no Nintendo Revolution threads? C'mon! Who wants this console? Nintendo Revolution will feature a lot, you won't know what it may feature. And it will be cheapest of all. Why not buy one? The unique controller and the ability to download games from the past! That's good for some people who lost them.

So anyone else with me?!
Airfrorfria
NINTENDO ALL THE WAY
Wanderer
the revolution seems interesting. i want to play the old NES games like duck hunt, legend of zelda, super mario, etc. the controller has the same layout as the NES. it seems they are trying to go retro. =P
linkman2004
I can't wait for the REV! It's gonna be so awesome playing all those oldies again. But what I really want is SMASH BROS REV!
nachjo chip
also the Revolution will be the smallest and sexiest console featuring a self-loading dvd drive! *drools*

there is already a thread about the Rev controller, maybe they should be merged?
SilverDogg
ill probably be picking one up =)
the controller is really interesting and opens up for a lot of features ^_^

cant wait for all the fps that will come =D
Hanpusu-kun
IM gonna have one, AT release.
I really like the concept and im hoping it will give as much great games as the Nintendo DS does.

FPS on Rev... it going to be freaking awesome!
driftingfe3s
I hope I can get one at relase. I'm kind of saving up for a digial SLR and those things are freaking expensive. Hopefully I would have allready bought one and have saved up for the Revolution. I need to get a job.
nOScott
i think its going to suck, ps3 will be the best
Monkeydog
and that's why you fail. =/

I want a Rev...obviously...
Hanpusu-kun
nOScott wrote:
i think its going to suck, ps3 will be the best

= Instant Failure!
Give us a reason plz?
XxGunner
i heard nintendo revolution isnt that good anymore...and also nintendo hasnt been doing well the past few years since microsoft and sony joined into the competition they just took it way with PS3 and xbox and stuff
benwhite
I have a PS2 and not a gamecube, but I'm pretty interested in the Rev. Really unique stuff coming from Nintendo, as usual, the hub for innovation in the industry.

As for Nintendo doing poorly, that's actually completely untrue. Nintendo, even though it holds less than 20% of the console market, makes more profit than Sony and Microsoft combined. One main reason is that the Gamecube is cheaper to make than the xbox and ps2 and so Nintendo turns a profit on every unit sold, while ms and sony have to subsidize the console, losing money on every unit.

Also, even with the new psp, nintendo dominated (and still does incredibly well) in the handheld market, making lots and lots and lots of money. Nintendo is now a niche console company--they still do well in Japan and market to concerned parent's in America by releasing games targeted at children.

It's actually a really strong business plan and has been working quite well.
Dino
I did`t know that nintendo have a new console ... interesting
Scott
The Revolution looks amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on it. I love the older Nintendo games, even though they can be downloaded as ROMs. It's nice to play them on your television.

In terms of FPSs, it also looks incredibly cool, the controller is awesome.
trickstott
I'm really excited about the new controller, but I have my fears about software support. I know that a lot of developers are turned off by the contorller because it means that porting is going to be really hard.
On the other hand, I've never seen them so excited about designing control schemes.
I hope it does well.
alkady
Actually I dont really like the Revolution. Just like the Gamecube, It wont surpass the PS3 or 360. For the past few years now, Nitendo has been sliding back in innovations, I dont know why, But lately the DS honestly was a flop in my opinion, It doesnt surpass the PSP. For one PSP actually offers more. DS is pratically a cheap rip off of a handheld, Which even then has better things. In a handheld most of them have an Intel Xscale processor which doesnt compare to the less known brand Nintendo use. My Dell Axim is way better than the DS, It just cannot play games which is the down part but it can do more and has better design and graphics.
SilverDogg
hm.. lets see

nintendo is making money. check
sony is NOT making money. check
microsoft NOT making money. check

hmm.. whos the winner? ah thats right. nintendo!

psp sold around 8-9 millions. check
nds sold around 15 millions. check

woah! psp is really beating the crap outta ds! no wait! ITS NOT =O

a lot of analysts predict a very bright future for the revo, and right now, im willing to believe them. with a cheap pricetag nintendo could very well go back to being #1.

but, id say we wait for the final secret before saying its better than anything else.

trickstott, you might have heard about the shell?
indeedwrestling
I am a collector of classic NES games so I'm excited at the prospect that there might be a console that really allows for legal emulation and duplication (perhaps even jazzed-up versions similar to Super Mario All-Stars) of NES titles. The controllers might be weird but there is also the possibility they will release wireless remodels of the original NES controllers too possibly for those games. Also, most articles have said that once you get over the initial learning curve, it's not difficult to understand the controllers.
Boles Roor
alkady wrote:
Actually I dont really like the Revolution. Just like the Gamecube, It wont surpass the PS3 or 360. For the past few years now, Nitendo has been sliding back in innovations, I dont know why, But lately the DS honestly was a flop in my opinion, It doesnt surpass the PSP. For one PSP actually offers more. DS is pratically a cheap rip off of a handheld, Which even then has better things. In a handheld most of them have an Intel Xscale processor which doesnt compare to the less known brand Nintendo use. My Dell Axim is way better than the DS, It just cannot play games which is the down part but it can do more and has better design and graphics.

Sliding back in innovations? Riiiiiight. They are the only company that actually DOES INOVATE.

-Control pad
-Analog Stick
-Rumble Pack
-Touch screen

Did Sony make any new inovations? Did Microsoft make any inovations? No, they only focused on graphics and just cheaply used Nintendo's new features.

The DS does not suck, and does not get pwned by the PSP. The DS actually has proper games. I already have an iPod, and if I had I don't want to spend $100 on a 1Gb memory stick when I can have a 40Gb iPod for $300 or so.

And come one, your Dell is better? O_o but you also say it can't play games? What the hell man? Isn't it supposed to play games? So what's better about it then?

Facts man, facts.
(btw, I'm a xbox fan O_o;)
(I like the revo though Wink )
TheFaction
i think whats screwed nintendo out of the console race is their presidents thoughts that "the people dont want online play".....i mean come on! who are you kidding? online play is one of the biggest things in the console industry and for him to say the people dont want it is just stupid. and nintendo has gone to young for my taste....they also have slacked off in terms of gfx quality. yeah they have done ok with the ds, but it doesnt pick up for all the ground they have lost because of the gamecube......

only time will really tell with the revo...
Jayfarer
TheFaction wrote:
i think whats screwed nintendo out of the console race is their presidents thoughts that "the people dont want online play".....i mean come on! who are you kidding? online play is one of the biggest things in the console industry and for him to say the people dont want it is just stupid. and nintendo has gone to young for my taste....they also have slacked off in terms of gfx quality. yeah they have done ok with the ds, but it doesnt pick up for all the ground they have lost because of the gamecube......

only time will really tell with the revo...

But most people who own an Xbox don't have Xbox live. An overwhelming majority of gamers are offline.

I think a large part of Nintendo's problem in the past console races is they're always a step behind in one big area. For the N64, they didn't use CDs, for the Cube, they didn't have online, and for the Revolution, they won't have HD.

That still doesn't mean the playing my favorite SNES & N64 games on the Revolution won't be awesome, though. Earthbound may be the first game I get.
kansloos
Xbox live cost xtra money.

When you play online games on your PC, you only pay for the price of the internet connection. Not many $ per month for some stupid Xbox live network.
yukimura_gw
The Revolution seems really great has a side console.

Nintendo isn't competing with Sony PS3 or Microsoft XBOX 360.

They want people to buy it even if they have a next generation
console.

Please stop saying Revolution wil own PS3 or X360. Its like saying
AUDI will own Porshe. Its just not the same category and not the
same targeted market.

I will surely tape myself playing Revolution and laugh at myself
swinging in empty air. Laughing
Hanpusu-kun
yukimura_gw wrote:
The Revolution seems really great has a side console.

console.

same targeted market.

I will surely tape myself playing Revolution and laugh at myself
swinging in empty air. Laughing

Exactly.
Wouldnt it just be nice if there was only ONE console?
Then you could skip all these fights and argumentations.

But still, im going for the Revolution of the three next-gen machines.
I really think that it will have som innoative functions and will change the way to play like the NDS did.
root
Nintendo will always own Microsoft and Sony.

The 360 sucked, and I doubt that the PS3 will be any better.
Monkeydog
Quote:

They didn't really lose any ground with the GCN, they made up for a lot that they lost on the N64, and seriously, I don't want online gameplay on a consle, ecspecially if I have to pay(the Rev I won't though :3 )

Quote:

console.

same targeted market.

Right, Nintendo is making a great game console, Sony and Microsoft are making fragile peices of junk.

And for anyone who says Nintendo doesn't make money.
They made the most money last year than any other jappanese country, the DS outsold the PSP by twice as many units last year, and Nintendo(the company itself) had the most games in the top 100 games(by units sold) in japan.
So, ha.
benwhite
Indeed. Too many people forget that Nintendo has an incredibly lucrative niche market that has not decreased. While a lot of kids who grew up with nintendo grumble because the games aren't as violent, nintendo wins over parents with friendly games and still has a strong hold in the handheld market and Japan. They make money and Sony and MS don't. That should tell you something that they know what they're doing. Nintendo isn't Sega here.

I don't own a GC and the last thing I bought was a GBA, but it's obvious to see the things Nintendo does right. I feel the revolution will be one of those things.
LostOverThere
izimngcubes15 wrote:
So anyone else with me?!

Me!

I knew something was missing.

Yeah, Nintendo All the way, they're the onmly one with original games.
root
Let us not forget that the most important part of any game system is the GAMES. Nintendo's game lineup is far better than anything that will be out for 360 (except Halo 3) and PS3. Oh, and I think I've mentioned this already but the Revolution will be able to play games from the NES and N64 (with better FPS), that alone makes the system better than the Microsoft and Sony competitors.

Nintendo is always taking risks with their systems. They are truely original.
bladesage
Does anybody have any thoughts on what the actual system will be called? After all, "Revolution" is just the codename. They've been codenaming almost all their home gaming consoles these days. I know one thing, as if playing old games, downloading old games for free, and having sweet controllers wasn't enough, the Wi-fi connection will be awesome! They already planned a wireless system that'll be great for playing multiplayer from miles away. How great is that? Very Happy
bladesage
I know that the DS turned out well (albeit my screen got too scratched to play after playing WarioWare Touched too long), but it is sort of a bummer that it won't play any GameBoy games. Anyhoo, did anyone else see the awesome video on Nintendo.com about the awesome features of the controllers? Let's just say that with its tilt-sensitivity, point-sensitivity, shock-sensitivity, possible voice-sensitivity, light-sensitivity, and ease-of-use; it's gonna really Revolution-ize gaming user-interface history!

Anyone else think so?
TonkPilz
GO! nintendo GO! Nintendo Revolution this will be a cool machine. i like nintendo coz thayr not afraid to try new tings or even odd tings btw any reles date yeht?
Jayfarer
bladesage wrote:
Does anybody have any thoughts on what the actual system will be called? After all, "Revolution" is just the codename. They've been codenaming almost all their home gaming consoles these days.

I hope they keep the name "Revolution." It's an attention-grabbing name that gets straight to the point. Even though they said "Revolution" is just a code name, it's a good one.
SilverDogg
i hope they stick with revolution aswell. it sounds great!
they stuck with nintendo ds, so why not nintendo revolution? Wink

on another hand, when is this thread going sticky?
bladesage
SilverDogg wrote:
i hope they stick with revolution aswell. it sounds great!
they stuck with nintendo ds, so why not nintendo revolution? Wink

I said home gaming consoles.
SilverDogg
bladesage, so? they codename everything!

doesnt matter if you only said home gaming consoles.
TonkPilz
hmm.. no ones posting links so well i gues il do it.
here are a few movies and other stuff

http://www.nintendo.com/revolution - official Nintendo Revolution site

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html - TGS 2005: Revolution Teaser Video

http://media.cube.gamespy.com/articles/651/651403/vids_1.html - Nintendo Revolution Conference Video

and i also found this i have never heard or seen it before and i dont know if its pland fore reles or if it whas skrap'd. it calld nintendo On and it looks like it whas pland for game cube http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578/vids_1.html
Hanpusu-kun
Not many days left to E3.
And at E3, the last secret of the Nintendo Revolution will be revealed.

So, what do YOU think it is?
bladesage
I couldn't say, but it sure must be great. Nintendo is awesome when it comes to secrets (9 times out of 10). I just hope that I have the money by the time it comes out. This is by far their greatest project yet. I'll have to dig out all those old cartridges of mine Smile
idrather_not
The Nintendo Revolution (Wii) is one fine peice of craftsmen ship and offers features that no other consel does. The contolers are also something we have never experienced, but the thing about people is that they are to cought up in the hollywood glamour. Nintendo needs to promote themselves more (NOT JUST IN JAPAN!). For example at the exact same time the PSP came out, the Gameboy Micro was just being released. I own one and personally enjoy it for easy, gaming on the go, but hardly anyone owns one, or for that matter knows about it. This could have all bin over looked, if Nintendo promoted themselves more, how many of you have seen at least 5 commercials about the Rev. in a day?
b-n-g
I hope that the nintendo wii has more online games because thats fun playing with friends i play on my computer also much online games.. offline games are boring i like to play with friends soo i want more online play on the wii maybe its more fun with the controller maybe more of a challenge can't wait people! i hope the wii comes quick! Cool
Whong
Think about playing Super Smash Bros Brawl online! That will be really really cool! You don't need to stick with playing against CPU opponents, but you can play with People all around the world! That is really cool! I have to say that that will be maeby one of Super Smash Bros Brawls best points! Cool Wink Idea
Hanpusu-kun
A nintendo Wii is stadning in my living room at the release in sweden.
im looking forward to TLOZ: TP, Metal Slug Anthology, SM universe and lots of other stuff.

Final Fantasy: CC and Dragon Quest: S looks nice too ^_^
give me it.... NOW!