FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't access DirectAdmin from my site

heady233
A few days ago I just had to go to www.the-yeah-gang.com/config to access DirectAdmin. Now I have to go to http://cp.frih.net. I know is not a major problem or anything, I just think it's wierd.
wumingsden
it happened to me to but it seems that the problem sorted itself out a couple of days ago.
heady233
wumingsden wrote:
it happened to me to but it seems that the problem sorted itself out a couple of days ago.

Crying or Very sad Not for me. Crying or Very sad
wumingsden
heady233 wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Crying or Very sad Not for me. Crying or Very sad

Mine was down much longer though, probably about 3 months so I'd count yourself luck, for now. Anyways it doesn't really matter as Server 2 is down Crying or Very sad
Bondings
The server is back up now.

The reason why you aren't able to access that url is most likely because your isp blocked port 2222. The cp.frih.net is on port 80, the same as used for normal webpages.
wumingsden
Bondings wrote:

The reason why you aren't able to access that url is most likely because your isp blocked port 2222. The cp.frih.net is on port 80, the same as used for normal webpages.

Is there any possible way to unblock it ourselves (in case it happens again)? Server is bak up, thanks Bondings, i didn't notice
Bondings
wumingsden wrote:
Is there any possible way to unblock it ourselves (in case it happens again)?

If it's your firewall/antivirus blocking it, then yes that is possible. If it's your isp, then there is no other way then to use another port.
Kyle Katarn
Bondings wrote:

Umm, it doesn't appear to be working for me... I can't access my site www.safeshakespeare.com
wumingsden
Bondings wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

If it's your firewall/antivirus blocking it, then yes that is possible. If it's your isp, then there is no other way then to use another port.

I'm just about 100% positive that its not my anti-virus/firewall that stopped me from accessing it.
Server 2 is down again by the way
Bondings
wumingsden wrote:
Bondings wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

I'm just about 100% positive that its not my anti-virus/firewall that stopped me from accessing it.
Server 2 is down again by the way

It's back up again now. Some hardware problems.

I'm going to -close- this thread now as it seems to be solved.